Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi (32531 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi Releases His Own Version Of Amaechi Tape To Counter Premium Times / Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari / Between Tolu Ogunlesi And Osita Chidoka On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by GEJPosterity: 6:53am On Jul 04, 2017
The fact that every single person on this thread passionately defending "Arabic Studies" is a muslim tells me everything I need to know about the obvious relationship between Arabic and Islamism.

It's good that you guys have exposed yourselves here. In a way, I should thank you for sensitizing the thousands of people who will read this thread.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by abdulkayus(m): 6:53am On Jul 04, 2017
grandlexuz:

You mean Arabic is the most widely spoken language in all of Africa? Lol On the contrary it is not amongst the ten most spoken languages in Africa. Do your research before your brandish your ignorance on social media..

Guy, easy with d lies pls. Simply Google would have help u out from ur hypocrisy. Arabic is d second most spoken language in Africa after English while Swahili is the third.
In the world, Arabic is the fifth.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by udatso: 6:55am On Jul 04, 2017
sirfee:
Yes it is,you must be a Muslim for saying this.I'm neither a Christian nor a Muslim but I'm against this move because it is nothing but an infringement on the civil rights of non muslim students in this country.The northern conspirators should be extremely careful because we are not in the middle east or Mecca.Nigeria is a secular state with numerous ethnic groups,norms,languages,culture,traditions, religions etc.They should respect our fundamental human rights,we are not living in Afghanistan or Yemen.
Can you state which fundamental human right has been trampled on

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 04, 2017
I keep reiterating to the people close to me; that PMB or whatever his name is has an agenda. Now, it's becoming more clearer right before our eyes kongba. Not only should Christian leaders stand against this imminent menace, but citizens with the right frame of mind regardless of their religious or tribal disposition.

There would never be peace in Nigeria, unless the northern tribe are checked and put in their proper place. Theirs has always been a government with CV's of blood shed, confusion, disrespect to human rights amongst others. The one l felt is more sincere was late Yar'Adua. God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Demmzy15(m): 6:58am On Jul 04, 2017
Afam4eva:

So, why are we learning Arabic instead instead of Spanish and Hindi? Where did you place Chinese? Is Arabic a global language like French and Spanish? Is it more sort after than Italian and German? What exactly is the reason for introducing Arabic if not through the Islamic angle.
You fall my hands big time, how many people know this language? How can it be taught when Nigerians don't even speak or use it? Who would teach it sef? Or are you saying we should employ foreigners to come teach? angry
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by udatso: 6:58am On Jul 04, 2017
Eno38151:

How does it infringe upon the rights of the non muslims?
Desperately waiting to hear the reply to this question
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by udatso: 7:00am On Jul 04, 2017
Teeeecash:
Must u brand the language satanic ? uhn. . . . troll
Please tell him we also have "satanic" Arabic Bible
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by abdulkayus(m): 7:01am On Jul 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:
The fact that every single person on this thread passionately defending "Arabic Studies" is a muslim tells me everything I need to know about the obvious relationship between Arabic and Islamism.

It's good that you guys have exposed yourselves here. In a way, I should thank you for sensitizing the thousands of people who will read this thread.

FYI, Arabic studies was not introduced by the buhari regime. Arabic and French has been offered for long time as I can remember. I don't know when they introduce it bt I was it was an optional subject for us to choose when I started my secondary school in the 90s. So, i am surprised when I read the false information travelling around that PMB is d one that introduce Arabic. Lol.
And FYI also, CRK was nt cancelled. Both IRS and CRS were collapsed with other subjects like Civic education, social studies and security studies into a single subject called National values and security. The CRK theme will be offered to the christain while the IRS theme will be offered to the Muslims. Bt the rest will be taught together. The same thing happens with home economics and agricultural science, the merged them into one subject. And all these happens during GEJ time nt PMB time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by babyfaceafrica: 7:01am On Jul 04, 2017
nneh1:

I went to a private school but wrote my waec in a govt school and yes I was dealt with for refusing a subject, infact because of refusing a subject I was made not to write the others in waec,. Thanks to God for neco.so guy stop arguing baseless.
lmao...I hear you
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by imam07: 7:02am On Jul 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Super story.. Which school will beat a student for refusing to do a subject?.. Even if na English you no do..no one will touch you..you will just fail it..make una lie small nah!!..that said who Arabic study EPP?
Please don't say what u don't know. It really happened in kwara state, where Bishop Oyedepo comes from. It should not surprise us because that is the same way students in quranic school are being treated. Beaten like animals but they should not try and extend that kind of punishment to our Christian students.
If that rubbish did not happen, do u think the men of God will come out to talk about it.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by babyfaceafrica: 7:02am On Jul 04, 2017
Tecno66:
If you have heard the word jihad, you wont doubt the allegation. Jihad is fought with weapons, not just guns.
so na jihad them won fight now..oga ..you people should not be alamist...no jihad anywhere
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by babyfaceafrica: 7:04am On Jul 04, 2017
imam07:
Please don't say what u don't know. It really happened in kwara state, where Bishop Oyedepo comes from. It should not surprise us because that is the same way students in quranic school are being treated. Beaten like animals but they should not try and extend that kind of punishment to our Christian students.
If that rubbish did not happen, do u think the men of God will come out to talk about it.

we need prove..not daddy said so and so..anybodybcan make anything up!!!!
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by freezone4real(f): 7:05am On Jul 04, 2017
Who said you must study Arabic? Is Arabic a Religion? What about French and why are you keeping mute about french?

If you know you have good faith then why being so fearful? I pity most Christians...

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Demmzy15(m): 7:05am On Jul 04, 2017
SAVEDBABA:
English nor French as you mentioned do not have any religous Affiliation, so dont try to associate them with Christianity Arabic on the other has religious affiliation,so thats the issue on ground and that is a concern to Nigerians especially Christian and by the way i did Arabic language in Jss 2 so i know.
Why then do we have Arab Christians?

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 04, 2017
Kathmandu:
This is why people want out of this country because the educated illiterates are multiplying daily.

Can't you imagine yourself using your brain for once
I will rather join biafraa than remain with these educated Muslim illiterates

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Jeddy28(m): 7:11am On Jul 04, 2017
if Christians fold their hands, it will be in our own eyes that Arabic will turn to a core subject for jamb admission. The government will claim that the schools are offering it. If we get silent on this matter, greater havoc is on the way.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by udatso: 7:12am On Jul 04, 2017
Eno38151:

Have you ever read HEBREW in your life??

How many of your pastors & CAN members actually speak HEBREW,

Have you ever been to church and then the pastor just decided to deliver his full talk in hebrew. ??

Dont run away from reality If HEBREW IS the TONGUE of CHRISTIANITY then ENGLISH must be its SALIVA.
Well said sir
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by debokaz(m): 7:15am On Jul 04, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Did you pass through a government owned school or one of those mushroom 2 classrooms schools? If you had passed through a public school, you will know that students get flogged like criminals for something as little as not doing an assignment, how much more rejecting to offer a subject.

We are yet to study the over 200 languages which are indigenous to Nigeria, yet some shady people in government with an evil agenda want us to start studying Arabic, a language that hasn't benefitted the Arabs themselves.

As for those who have been deceived to think there is no imagination plot, pls think again. It will all move from just the study of Arabic to making Arabic the language franca in Nigeria.

"Oh, it can never happen". But they are already taking the first steps.

No evil agenda against the children of the Living God will succeed. Must as David destroyed the camp of the Philistines, so shall their camp be destroyed.
INFACT FANATISM DON BLOCK CHRISTIANS DEM BRAIN.MAKE UNA DEY TRY USE UNA BRAIN SMALL SMALL.GO FOR FRENCH IF ARABIC DEY SCARE YOU NA.MUSLIMS NO NEED TO PLAN AGAINST CHRISTIANITY,IT'S ALREADY FADING AWAY FASTER THAN YOU KNOW.

3 Likes

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Muksodiq(m): 7:15am On Jul 04, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
You mean students didn't get flogged for not doing an assignment in the school you attended?

Your stance make no sense. If students could get flogged for not doing home work, coming to school on time etc how much more will be for a student who boycotts a subject?

If a student refuse to take a subject, he is bound to fail that subject thereby jeopardizing his chances of promotion. Such student will be kicked out. That's likely going to be the fate of Christians who boycott Arabic studies.

Now, if you say Arabic is useless, don't you think you ought to speak against the introduction of a useless subject?

Note that CAN and PFN said they have text messages from parents whose children were flogged amidst other proofs. Now, who are you to say they are lying?
Then let them bring forth these proof so that necessary action can be taken on it, n stop these baseless criticism. If CAN have d proof they ought to bring it 4wd with these, not only christain wud criticize d act, Muslims wud too.
Beside Arabic is a language n not a religion, so I c no reason y CAN n other Xtain leader sud be mad abt. No offence pls.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 04, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Did you pass through a government owned school or one of those mushroom 2 classrooms schools? If you had passed through a public school, you will know that students get flogged like criminals for something as little as not doing an assignment, how much more rejecting to offer a subject.

We are yet to study the over 200 languages which are indigenous to Nigeria, yet some shady people in government with an evil agenda want us to start studying Arabic, a language that hasn't benefitted the Arabs themselves.

As for those who have been deceived to think there is no imagination plot, pls think again. It will all move from just the study of Arabic to making Arabic the language franca in Nigeria.

"Oh, it can never happen". But they are already taking the first steps.

No evil agenda against the children of the Living God will succeed. Must as David destroyed the camp of the Philistines, so shall their camp be destroyed.
lol you better prepare for war, the ideology you face is undeterred by endless platitudes...submit or die, there's no going round it.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 04, 2017
stupid comaprism angry
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by udatso: 7:18am On Jul 04, 2017
Omexonomy:
then why do they wittle or collapse crk? Only the truth shall set us free
Crk and?
Compete that if you are indeed honest.. ...or was it only crk that was affected?
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by charlesluthor(m): 7:19am On Jul 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
do you have prove that some people were actually flogged for refusing to take Arabic,or it is just a sentimental gesture to wipe up sentiments.. I actually went to a public school and I repeat no one was beaten for refusing to take a subject... You will simply fail and have zero!!!!!..like as said earlier Arabic is as useless as the p in psychology
There's difference b/w public sch (new era) nd govt sch (old era). Am sure u went to public sch. Me I went to Govt sch, I got flogged every Monday for maths class nd chemistry, cux I always skip dem.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Muksodiq(m): 7:19am On Jul 04, 2017
Paperwhite:
Must every proponent of the APC government always be daft? Go to Niger & Kwara states to know what Christian students are passing as regards this issue.What have sycophants of the catastrophic "Sai Baba" done about the senseless killings of Christians in this evil regime? So his concern is for Christians to study the satanic arabic language.Thunder fire you there.Fool.
What a daft brain, with d level of world civilization, can't believe pple like u still exist. Arabic is a language n not religion. Simple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by debokaz(m): 7:20am On Jul 04, 2017
imam07:

come, na who be men of God?una mumu continue.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by sirfee(m): 7:21am On Jul 04, 2017
udatso:

Can you state which fundamental human right has been trampled on
Right to liberty.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by babyfaceafrica: 7:23am On Jul 04, 2017
charlesluthor:

There's difference b/w public sch (new era) nd govt sch (old era). Am sure u went to public sch. Me I went to Govt sch, I got flogged every Monday for maths class nd chemistry, cux I always skip dem.
but people skip classes and nothing was done to them nah..I think probably it happens to strong subjects.. Am sure If you have skipped a Yoruba,Igbo or Hausa class..no teacher will get time to beat you..it is not just logical..because someone says am not doing Arabic..they will beat them?.....issorite
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by udatso: 7:23am On Jul 04, 2017
sirfee:
Right to liberty.
Whose liberty? The Christians or Muslims or all?
And is introduction of two selective languages an opposition to this right? How so?
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by islandmoon: 7:24am On Jul 04, 2017
we have christian mission schools and muslim mission schools like abadiyat school, Methodist school, Anglican schools, Answeer u deen school , etc, who ever want their children to learn Arabic school should send their children to such school, and who ever want there children to learn Greek or Hebrew should send their kids to christian mission schools.

enough of this boko haram in government agenda or we split this country
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Tecno66: 7:24am On Jul 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
so na jihad them won fight now..oga ..you people should not be alamist...no jihad anywhere
Jihad no be by force thing e be?
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Pavore9: 7:27am On Jul 04, 2017
mfm04622:

Which other foreign languages apart from those two do we have capacity (teachers and teacher training capacity) to teach students now?

We don't even have capacity for French because many public schools don't even have teacher and should not even have been made, one chosen between the 2! But if the government wants Mandarin to be an option, I tell you for a fact the Chinese government will be "over willing" to send down thousands of their people to come teach in our schools!

Just like way back in S.S S we had the option to choose one of Food and Nutrition/Clothing and Textile/ Home Economics/Agricultural science. I grudgingly chose Agric science but dropped it like hot potatoes in S.S.2! As I didn't like it! cheesy and my school overlooked my not doing any of the four.

Most paents who are not Muslims will not feel comfortable with their children taking Arabic studies because of the perception that is the language tied to Islam.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by imam07: 7:28am On Jul 04, 2017
dataking:
Some christians are radicals and myopic. Whats wrong with arabic being taught in schools. Its the most widely spoken language in all of africa. No language comes close. Yet, all you can see and say is what your pastors throw into your dull skulls. What of english that has been taught for ages since the time of the missionaries. Did muslims cry foul. I studied french in secondary school. Did it turn me into a french man. Rubbish. So many illiterates that are boko haram in their thought process.
Why not post your comment in Arabic language if u know English is not important to u.Why u people don't reason before u comment. Stop teaching your children English language if u have any.
So u can call Christians radical and how will u qualify Islam?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers / Kano Gov’ship: ‘you Lost But Made Moves To Hijack Power,’ Sanusi Mocks Ganduje / Osun Elections: Ademola Adeleke Casts His Vote (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.