Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja (7081 Views)

Why Igbos Would Never Vote A Northerner Again As President / BIAFRA: Igbos Are The Most Humiliated People In Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu / About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by bantudra: 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2017
celwonder:
sumtyms a post can tell how myopic or presbyopic a persons mind is....

if d Igbos wud nid visas to enter into Nigeria, won't we Nigerians also nid visas to enter Igbos Biafra??

its rili ironic...... Nigeria and Nigerians saliently has over d years gesturized / non verbally shown not to like or trust d Igbos...

y is letting them go now a problem??

and how many nigerians have the interest to go to the east..?...

realy not many.....

you think i realy want to go to the east after you called me an animal??...

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by bantudra: 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
pryme:

You also forget kanu with Dictatorship tendencies will run biafra like he owns it, if biafra is declared the will be a reset button on land and properties inside biafra, the biafrans now will be at the mercy of their leaders. I doubt there will be elections.

dont mind dem joor.....

kanu will not allow any other voice besides him...

that is war in igbo land...insult everybody,belittle them,only you is the solution to igbo problems...

isnt that a setup for war in the east?..

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Malawian(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2017
igbodefender:
Thanks for the praise, but we must say KANU has his strong points and we would like to see him contest politics (within Nigeria) to help Ndigbo however he can.

You are getting praise from The Addidas Ambassadors grin and you are lapping it up ??

Come and Kneel down let me pray for you. Oya isi gi alacha go mmanu.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by bantudra: 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2017
you ipobians should know that the obi of onitcha can summon the nigerian army anyday to destroy ipob..

keep on playing stvpid...

the igbos have traditional leaders....

the obi of onitcha is practicaly the king of igbos...

keep on provoking him...
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Malawian(m): 8:34pm On Jul 04, 2017
bantudra:
you ipobians should know that the obi of onitcha can summon the nigerian army anyday to destroy ipob..

keep on provoking him...
Igbo people can "de-god" and remove our dieties, is it ordinary kings will be our issue? There is an Igbo mass movement taking roots now, keep hiding your heads in the sand.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by bantudra: 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
Malawian:

Igbo people can "de-god" and remove our dieties, is it ordinary kings will be our issue? There is an Igbo mass movement taking roots now, keep hiding your heads in the sand.

sooo,you will just sweep your traditional leaders aside for cownunu....

stvpid idea....

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Malawian(m): 8:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
bantudra:

sooo,you will just sweep your traditional leaders aside for cownunu....

stvpid idea....
Abeg use you time figuring out which Ijaw or Ishekiri Coastal Community to grab. your landlockism is making you to misyarn.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Unimaginable123: 8:45pm On Jul 04, 2017
igbodefender:
So, Igbos should lose a market of 170 million that they dominate? What other people are praying for we should throw away?

Ask those screaming "Ndigbo lata ulor" what finances and infrastructure they have on ground to support the any returnees. None. So, if South East Igbos are summoned back to a new country, how would they get jobs? Or would they just be abandoned to sleep on the streets?

Better to clamour for restructuring and Igbo presidency in Nigeria. Self determination is a right, but you don't use up all your options at once. If there is chance for restructuring, better treatment, you use it before you start saying Igbos should throw away a 170 million strong market. O diro mma.

Don't you know it is more competitive to sell Aba made shoes and Innoson vehicles to Lagos and Abuja without paying expensive tariffs? Ndigbo, ka anyi lo kwanu ifa elo.
just shut d hell up

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Unimaginable123: 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
bantudra:

keep on provoking him...
sharap
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2017
Malawian:

You are getting praise from The Addidas Ambassadors grin and you are lapping it up ??

Come and Kneel down let me pray for you. Oya isi gi alacha go mmanu.
Lol.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by modik(m): 9:23pm On Jul 04, 2017
@Igbodefender
You better keep your fears to your chest!

remember, "cowards die ten times before their real death, while the brave die once".

For the fear of unknown, you have chosen to conform to the suppression your oppressors have subjected you to for over 50years?

Tufiakwa shocked,

I wonder the tales you would tell your grand children why you are so pessimistically crafted and live as a second rate citizen in a country you call yours!!!

N=Never
A=Allow
I=Igbos
R=Rule
A=Again.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/Never-Allow-Igbos-Rule-Again-%28NAIRA%29.html
God bless NK.

igbodefender:
Ndi b'anyi, are you ready for the inevitable spike in crime and political tensions that will result if you call back South East Igbos outside to a new 'independent' country and they get stranded?

They will accuse you of political 419. What will you say to them? Sorry? They try to go back to see if they can reclaim their investment somewhere in Nigeria and the Nigerian border guards wouldn't even let them cross Head Bridge Onitsha. Will you stop them from coming to your house in crowds to ask you why you took away everything they own?

The Biafra Ojukwu headed was a proud Biafra, not a landlocked Biafra. Ojukwu said there should be Biafra of the mind. Why not channel your energy to our governors to see that they perform at their very very best? Igbos have not gotten one tenth of the development we can get from our governors. Mbanu!

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
preciousuweh:
I have a question for you OP. won't Biafra be a west African country? won't it be one of the ECOWAS state or country?. so why will dey need visa to travel to Lagos or Nigeria as a whole because the last time I checked one of the aim of ECOWAS is to ensure free movement of people between it member nation without the use of Visa. so I don't understand where this issue of visa comes in except Biafra won't be a member of ECOWAS.

A. The enlargement of ECOWAS
The ECOWAS Heads of State and Government is the supreme institution of the Community and “shall be responsible for the general direction and control of theCommunity and shall take all measures to ensure its progressive developmentand the realisation of its objectives” (*12) It has a real decision-making power in the areas under its jurisdiction. Under the provisions of Article 9.4 of the Revised Treaty, its acts, referred to as "decisions", are binding and enforceable against the Member States and the Community institutions, with the exception of the Court of Justice of the Community. Depending on the matters defined in a separate protocol, decisions shall be taken either unanimously or by consensus or by a two-thirds majority of the Member States (*13).By vertue of this power, the Authority decides unanimously on the enlargement of ECOWAS to new members.

Source: http://wai-iao.ecowas.int/index.php/en/news-2017/281-the-accession-of-the-kingdom-of-morocco-to-the-economic-community-of-west-african-states
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 04, 2017
bonnylight003:

ignorant is bad.. make your research well on a topic.

I think what you wanted to say is 'Ignorance is bad... do your research well on a topic.' You know what? After reading your post I agree with you. Ignorance is indeed bad.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 04, 2017
Dedetwo:

Is Biafra not going to be part of ECOWAS?
Read what I posted below:

A. The enlargement of ECOWAS

The ECOWAS Heads of State and Government is the supreme institution of the Community and “shall be responsible for the general direction and control of theCommunity and shall take all measures to ensure its progressive developmentand the realisation of its objectives” (*12) It has a real decision-making power in the areas under its jurisdiction. Under the provisions of Article 9.4 of the Revised Treaty, its acts, referred to as "decisions", are binding and enforceable against the Member States and the Community institutions, with the exception of the Court of Justice of the Community. Depending on the matters defined in a separate protocol, decisions shall be taken either unanimously or by consensus or by a two-thirds majority of the Member States (*13).By virtue of this power, the Authority decides unanimously on the enlargement of ECOWAS to new members.

Source: http://wai-iao.ecowas.int/index.php/en/news-2017/281-the-accession-of-the-kingdom-of-morocco-to-the-economic-community-of-west-african-states
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 04, 2017
Unimaginable123:
just shut d hell up
No cogent argument? Just 'shut up'? That's all you have to say? Ok, bye bye.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Unimaginable123: 11:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
igbodefender:
No cogent argument? Just 'shut up'? That's all you have to say? Ok, bye bye.
yea. That's all u deserve
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by celwonder(m): 11:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
bantudra:

and how many nigerians have the interest to go to the east..?...

realy not many.....

you think i realy want to go to the east after you called me an animal??...

good, since u strongly knw dat ntin wud make u go to the east if Biafra is actualized, den we shud let d Igbos worry abt if dey wud wnt to come to Nigeria.

we shud grow beyond living our lives by ourselves and wanting to live other people's lives for dem.

if u ar very sure u knw wat is gud 4u, y do u bliv d Igbos don't know what is gud 4 dem??

its democracy my Dear, evry1 has d ryt to choose for themselves wat is gud for dem. don't choose for yourself and try to choose for sum1 else

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 05, 2017
MrHowto:

It will take Biafra 50 years before accepted into ECOWAS. Nigeria will teach them lesson.

can you kindly back up that comment of yours with a tangible and cerebral explanation.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 05, 2017
jollymizzle:
lmao noting peson no go hear for nairaland, even the US the biggest economy in the world can't do without trade science. Chai the world is talking about global economy you talking about circuit economy. Your case go worse pass North Korea

Lol, do you even know what is circuit economy. Which country is better of practicing global economy that you can point to? A country who practice circuit economy will lead the rest of the world economically.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Nobody: 1:50am On Jul 05, 2017
Unimaginable123:
yea. That's all u deserve
You only said 'shut up' because you really have no arguement. In any case, well done.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by salford1: 2:07am On Jul 05, 2017
MrHowto:

Biafra is not under ECOWAS. So it require Visa into Nigeria.
Even if it is ecowas....they cant stay more than 3months on a visit as the case of Nigeria and Ghana. Last time i visited Ghana..i was told by their immigration that maximum stay is 3months.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Warship: 4:51am On Jul 05, 2017
igbodefender:
The Biafra being proposed by the Northern youths and being lapped up presently cuts out the Igbo oil producing areas in the South South. A rump form of Ojukwu's Grand Biafra. It would be surrounded by a mighty vindictive Nigeria willing to cut out its pound of flesh. It will have no seaports to export its oil, Innoson cars, Aba made shoes and other products. It will depend on Nigeria ( imagine that) for trade! Mbanu!

So in your mind, the Northerners will tell the Ijaws Ibibios Efiks Annangs Ogonis Idomas Igalas Tivs etc where to belong and they will just obey them.

Guy wake up

Everybody wants to go
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Ikwerreboy(m): 6:11am On Jul 05, 2017
MayorofLagos:
I strongly believe some parts of SS will go into the Biafran union with Ibos.

I read Ekweremadu's speech about why Biafra must be rejected. One of the unknown factor in his thoughts is the direction of SS.

Im truly surprised that even a very highly placed and politically accomplished person like Ekweremadu could not find a bridge path across which to build alliance with ethnicities in his neighbourhood. Thats appalling! Ekweremadu has been deputy Senate Leader for the third consecutive time and been in Senate since 2003, yet he lacks negotiating skills to connect and cement binding relationships with the people in SS. Maybe not all...but at least two with resource and access to sea and an international border.

The coalition with Jonathan was fruitful, it should have a followup and expansion agenda for regional understanding and growth, as well political and military cooperation.

The reason your alarm will ring fears and change atittude about Biafra is because Biafran leaders are politically inept. This is why Kanu is winning. He is raw, politically incorrect, a rebel to the conservative Nigeria and offers the Biafrans a relief of fresh air from under the suffocation.

God Bless Niger Delta Republic. We don't need you Igbos for Anything

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by modik(m): 7:52am On Jul 05, 2017
igbodefender:
You only said 'shut up' because you really have no arguement. In any case, well done.

Have you responded to my argument?

you deserve a :

N

A

I

R

A.

*Spits! undecided
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by modik(m): 8:00am On Jul 05, 2017
igbodefender:
IPOB should join the restructuring movement within Nigeria. It can form a political party banking on Nnamdi Kanu's popularity and contest in 2019.

Restructuring is dead on arrival. Have you read the response of IPOB to Ohaneze communique?

1999 constitution made it cumbersome and stifles its process and achievement.

wake up!
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by sarrki(m): 8:19am On Jul 05, 2017
Op God bless you for this thread

I wish baba lala can take it to promise land
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Deedeedee3: 9:27am On Jul 05, 2017
ProWalker:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You will go if the preponderance of the decision want you to go, your own single vote will be too inconsequential. You should start planning ahead really for such eventuality.
Lols! I love this. Nigeria will also not exist, you know that right?
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by ProWalker: 9:29am On Jul 05, 2017
Deedeedee3:

Lols! I love this. Nigeria will also not exist, you know that right?

We all go eventually
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 05, 2017
modik:

Have you responded to my argument?

you deserve a :

N

A

I

R

A.

*Spits! undecided
Lol. You made no point, no point at all. Not even a bad point. Maybe just a pointless point.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by laudate: 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2017
preciousuweh:
I have a question for you OP. won't Biafra be a west African country? won't it be one of the ECOWAS state or country?. so why will dey need visa to travel to Lagos or Nigeria as a whole because the last time I checked one of the aim of ECOWAS is to ensure free movement of people between it member nation without the use of Visa. so I don't understand where this issue of visa comes in except Biafra won't be a member of ECOWAS.
soulpeppersoup:
So what stops Biafra from joining ECOWAS and what will take a Biafran to Nigeria in the first place if not tourism
So what stops Biafra from joining ECOWAS? If the other member countries of ECOWAS refuse to recognise Biafra, and Nigeria is able to muster support within that group to prevent Biafra's admission. Getting membership of ECOWAS, is not automatic. Secondly, article 4 of the ECOWAS Protocol on Free Movement still allows member states to deny citizens from other countries within the region, entry into their borders, if they believe such potential entrants could constitute a security risk, a threat etc. The average Biafran is unlikely to visit Nigeria for tourism, they would want to visit Nigeria for trade & commercial purposes.

GoroTango:
The ECOWAS treaty states that no new member states can be admitted to the community except by the unanimous agreement of all current member states. This means that even a small member state like Togo or Gambia can permanently veto the admission of Biafra into the community, talk less of Nigeria that pays the lion share of ECOWAS bills
Oh you got it right! cool May God increase the wisdom He has deposited in your life!

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by laudate: 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
seunmsg:
We won't even give them visa. They should remain in their country if biafra is achieved. We don't want anything to do with them ever again if they succeed in breaking up this country.
nextprince:
Yes, I said it and I will say it again.
Are you expecting to be a non Nigerian and still be walking the streets of Nigeria without relevant documents?
You must be getting it twisted.
igbodefender:
Milions may not be allowed back in. The 'Nigerian' side would want revenge, and the way they will exact it is to limit migration and other frustrating tidbits. Suddenly, going to Lagos to sell gala or laptops becomes something you have to go to an embassy for. We are helping Nnamdi Kanu by pointing this out now. Nothing is so saddening as when your own people accuse you of misleading them.
Rossikki and a few others treated this issue extensively in another thread. cheesy Read it up here: https://www.nairaland.com/3832299/igbos-deported-nigeria-biafra-declared
Re: Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja by laudate: 7:17pm On Jul 05, 2017
attackgat:
Under Nigerian law, being born in any Nigerian territory guaratees you automatic Nigerian citizenship. An Igbo like me who was born in the North will always be entitled to Nigerian citizenship (not that I want anyway) even Igbo land becomes Biafra

However, needing visa to go to Nigeria from Biafra is a small price to pay for freedom
Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. Nigerian laws can be changed at any point in time, to exclude your people from getting Nigerian citizenship. sad Just remember the same way Awolowo changed the Nigerian currency during the civil war, and the resultant effect on commerce within the Biafran enclave.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Results From Bauchi South Senatorial Bye-election / Gen TY Danjuma Explodes: Buhari Is The Sponsor Of Fulani Jihadist's invasion / Fraud In Kwara: ₦11.9bn Stolen From Kwara Treasury Between 2011-2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.