Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,415 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? (6963 Views)

Photo: If She Ask What This Is Used For, Cancel The Wedding / The Wedding Night Sex - Naija Romance Stories / Men, Can you Kiss Your wife's foot on the Wedding Day ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by twinskenny(m): 12:15am On Feb 01, 2010
Thanks Oge, thats really cool

God bless
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by oge4real(f): 12:16am On Feb 01, 2010
You are welcome.
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by mamagee3(f): 12:17am On Feb 01, 2010
For someone like me who hates dancing in the public, I would say no. grin grin
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by N101: 12:51am On Feb 01, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]whoever said you have to be chris brown or usher at your own wedding? who cares if you can dance or not all you have to do is let your excitement and happiness lead you trust me the question you ll be asking yourself after is "damn how did i learn to move like dat ?"[/size]

It isn't about being like Chris Brown or anyone else.  There's a difference between those who want to dance and can't dance and those who can but choose not to.  Dancing at your own wedding isn't compulsory.

In our excitement and happiness we didn't dance and don't regret it!
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by twinskenny(m): 1:25am On Feb 01, 2010
N101:

It isn't about being like Chris Brown or anyone else.  There's a difference between those who want to dance and can't dance and those who can but choose not to.  Dancing at your own wedding isn't compulsory.

In our excitement and happiness we didn't dance and don't regret it! 

right,
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by Nobody: 1:29am On Feb 01, 2010
Not compulsory, but it is better before pple start running mouth that u re forced into marrying her
You know people always have explanation for everything, the aproko nature
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by chelseabmw(m): 1:40am On Feb 01, 2010
@poster
This ur question is useless becos u should know that on a wedding day,things are meant to be positive.That should be one of ur most happiest day in life
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by twinskenny(m): 1:51am On Feb 01, 2010
ifedy:

Not compulsory, but it is better before pple start running mouth that u re forced into marrying her
You know people always have explanation for everything, the aproko nature

I think you are right, cos people can talk
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by Smi1(m): 2:25am On Feb 01, 2010
you betta take enough Monkey tail and Dongo yaro, make u fit dance well that day cheesy grin shocked cool
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by samsoft00: 5:03am On Feb 01, 2010
its not MUST
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by Friestone(m): 6:13am On Feb 01, 2010
This is ones in lifetyme.if u no dance now were s u want dance again.think abt dis [/color][color=#770077]
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by parislomo(f): 6:37am On Feb 01, 2010
Dancing is a state showing you are happy o! And on your wedding day, you really should get in the groove, Unless it is a marriage you never wanted in the first place!
Shy?? I'm beginning to despise that word! ¤God hasn't given you the spirit of timidity¤,
If it's a case of 'I don't know how to dance na', Hmmm, You should have a friend like me! With me on the dance floor, oh Lord, you'd be mightily inspired!! ¤smiles¤
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by twinskenny(m): 7:16am On Feb 01, 2010
S@mi:

you betta take enough Monkey tail and Dongo yaro, make u fit dance well that day cheesy grin shocked cool

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by Sherlock: 7:23am On Feb 01, 2010
I really dont think one should compulsorily dance in the ir weddings, its always embarrassing to find put that the bride is a better stepper than the groom, The MCS then use that as foundation for their jokes through out the evening, THEY CAN ALWAYS DANCE IN THEIR NEW HOME with their own rules and Rewards
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by udohzone(m): 7:53am On Feb 01, 2010
@poster, go learn how to dance,
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by pady2: 8:27am On Feb 01, 2010
no it's not compulsory that you hv to dance. but hey, is it not suppose to be your happiest day(that is if dat has bn wot you always wanted to do?)it is not as if anyone will force you tooooo. but i really think if you can dance and not the shy type, pls dance and mak the occassion wot its whlie.wen i wedded sometime late last year most pple took me for a shy person who will not even agree to a dance in public, but i surprised them with my steps. so if you do not want to dance, then dont. but methinks it would kinda mak pple think you regret the decion or that you are even a sadist.my 2 kobo.
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by parislomo(f): 8:35am On Feb 01, 2010
pady2:

. but methinks it would kinda mak pple think you regret the decion or that you are even a sadist.my 2 kobo.

True that!![color=#770077][/color]
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by Moyola(f): 8:52am On Feb 01, 2010
It is o! Even if your dance is d off beat kinda'dance grin. . . tongue
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by gidig(m): 9:15am On Feb 01, 2010
Take my advice, if it is a Yoruba wedding, just swing from side to side with a smile on your face and you are home and dry. to make it very effective, both you and your spouse should agree to simply dance that way, focused on yourselves. It is your wedding and not a dancing competition. There is no evidence anywhere in the world that couples who dance vigorously at their weddings have a happy marriage. If you are putting yourself under pressure because of what people expect you do on your wedding, that is not a good sign. It is your life! If you dont want to be 'sprayed' with naira notes at the wedding, dance to your favourite western romantic song and you are home and Dry.

IN summary, it is your wedding! YOUR WEDDING!
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by whitelexi(m): 9:21am On Feb 01, 2010
This shaite freaks me out. . .  I feel bad about it!
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by mrofficial(m): 9:44am On Feb 01, 2010
If u no fit dance for wedding day, when you won dance? for club?
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by zeedee(f): 9:54am On Feb 01, 2010
mr.official:

If u no fit dance for wedding day, when you won dance? for club?
^^^^
Lmao,

I will dance! dance dance dance! even though i cant dance that well!
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by shilling(f): 9:58am On Feb 01, 2010
You don't have to, but it would be nice to.

I'd probably do a tango or something like that, after countless dance lessons of course, Who remembers that awesome scene with Al Pacino (Scent Of A Woman)?
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by gbubs: 10:01am On Feb 01, 2010
It depends on the settings, if its a court wedding, no need to dance, if its traditional and there is provision to dance, just swing if you are shy and if its church, better learn your steps now,
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by mrofficial(m): 10:07am On Feb 01, 2010
gbubs:

It depends on the settings, if its a court wedding, no need to dance, if its traditional and there is provision to dance, just swing if you are shy and if its church, better learn your steps now,

Correct. Went to a church wedding like that whereby the bride was just looking while the groom was dancing. I thought i was the only one who noticed that the bride was a mumu. I just kept thinking. Soon the 2 women sitting close to me started saying "why is this one not dancing? why is she looking?" u know this yoruba bad mouths lol.
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by mirabell: 10:19am On Feb 01, 2010
This is sooooo funny, since when has dance become a serious subject matter in a wedding?
I am personally not a very good dancer and was kinda jittery about how I would dance on my w-day, so I had to start practising some steps and it worked greatly.

Dancing is what you cannot run away from in a wedding, (depending on the setting though)common aint you going to dance when u are been invited into the reception hall or you two would just match in like soldiers in a parade ground.

if u dont dance u are sending tongues wagging.
and if u are really too shy to dance just cut out the reception part, bid your guests farewell and take your wify home after the church service. You are on your own

Honestly, I think few practise will do the magic, u will be amaze u could dance like that.
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by DoubleN(m): 10:25am On Feb 01, 2010
Dance if you can dance o!!!!or else ur boo will think you are not happy and it will definitely send the wrong signals.
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by 2sleek2NV(m): 10:45am On Feb 01, 2010
gidig:

Take my advice, if it is a Yoruba wedding, just swing from side to side with a smile on your face and you are home and dry. to make it very effective, both you and your spouse should agree to simply dance that way, focused on yourselves. It is your wedding and not a dancing competition. There is no evidence anywhere in the world that couples who dance vigorously at their weddings have a happy marriage. If you are putting yourself under pressure because of what people expect you do on your wedding, that is not a good sign. It is your life! If you dont want to be 'sprayed' with naira notes at the wedding, dance to your favourite western romantic song and you are home and Dry.

IN summary, it is your wedding! YOUR WEDDING!

or you could go for the normal marching style. LEFT RIGHT,LEFT RIGHT. grin grin grin grin

anyways its you day do whatever you like with it. am sure one way or the other, the dance spirit would come in and you wont realise when you begin to GINGER YOUR SWAGGA. lol

As for me, i don't really know how to dance but that day I GO TRYYYYYYY!!!!!!.
getting tipsy helps. i know a couple of people that have done that to help them get through the wedding and it worked but i DO NOT advice it
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by tedcutie(f): 11:18am On Feb 01, 2010
i rili dont think its imp anyway,if one of the couple is crippld,dz it mean the weddn will nt hold
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by ochukoccna: 11:32am On Feb 01, 2010
What a question? shocked shocked shocked
And to think the topic was started by a woman who is normally said to be the happier of the two on the wedding day.
Am still scratching my cranium on how 2 answer,
Re: Must One Dance On The Wedding Day? by ddiamond(f): 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2010
oro dandan ni yen, infact there will enuf dancing that day, it my one and only day,
i will dance last card and i trust my man.

na okoto himself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guys Come Share The Promises U Made To A Girl During Sex / Elder Brother Calls His Younger Sister An slowpoke? / Is She Fvcking Another Dick Right Now???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.