Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:22 PM

What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. (67629 Views)

How Can Someone Who Lost His First School Leaving Certificate Get It Back? / Osun To Peg Secondary School Leaving Age At 18 —speaker / First School Leaving Certificate And Testimonial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by brendan007: 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2017
bhouze:
Good morning Nlanders, i lost my first school leaving certificate and i dont have a copy. A friend advised me to seat for the exams but i dont know if it will be acceptable due to the time difference with respect to my other academic credentials. For now i am really confused as to what to do since without a FSLC you cannot get a government or certain private jobs. Please i need the experts to advice on the best legal way to go about this. Thank you.

This is just about the same problem I have, the only difference begin that I didn't write the FSLC exams. This was because I sat for an entrance exams in the first term of primary 5 and secured admission to a secondary school. However, I returned to the school for my testimonial (they say it's equivalent to FSLC - someone should please confirm) so I could use it in place of the FSLC I was given something which contained information on when I started and when I left the primary school in question. I just hope it will be useful. If you do have a testimonial then it could be useful as well.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by K4daniel: 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
Bros move on with your life..you don't need it anymore if you have other credentials like BSc, Mba, msc anyone of these are ok.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by TFeminist(f): 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
U r not serious. Wait until u wanna apply for a gov job. Didn't have mine, and I have been hoping for a chance since.

Benita27:
First school leaving certificate is like Junior WAEC, both are useless. They give all the applicants same grade(C parallel). I think you would want to hold on to it if that was the highest level of education you attained. I'm not sure if it's needed when applying for a job 'cause most employers demands for WAEC and Bsc.

I lost mine too, but not bothered.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2017
bhouze:

i have my Bsc and WAEC intact the problem is most government jobs demands for the FSLC. I am still an applicant thats why i am concerned.
guy any job that says you must produce that certificate is a job for dulards,most government jobs included.

6 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by franzis(m): 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
AlvanT:
Is this normal? I am through with primary school since 12 years now and the Lagos state govt. have not yet issued our first school leaving.Anytime we head back we'll be fed with "it's not ready yet"...what's going on?
they can issue u a temporary one
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by RuggedArab: 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
Benita27:
First school leaving certificate is like Junior WAEC, both are useless. They give all the applicants same grade(C parallel). I think you would want to hold on to it if that was the highest level of education you attained. I'm not sure if it's needed when applying for a job 'cause most employers demands for WAEC and Bsc.

It is important if you work with Federal or State Ministries. That certificate is as important as your BSc certificate when it is time for auditing and all.

They are also use it to know your real age when it comes for retirement. Haven't you wondered how some employees in the ministries eat their gratuity while still on service and they retire them without any take home? This certificate solves the problem.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
bhouze:
Sir it is a primary education certificate not secondary as such i dont think going to waec office will yield anything positive
go to ministry of education bra
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Bryan12(m): 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
Please I lost my WAEC certificate to armed robbers last year but I have the photocopy please how do I go about getting another one or an affidavit. Still an undergraduate.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Harbehordun(m): 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
bhouze:
Good morning Nlanders, i lost my first school leaving certificate and i dont have a copy. A friend advised me to seat for the exams but i dont know if it will be acceptable due to the time difference with respect to my other academic credentials. For now i am really confused as to what to do since without a FSLC you cannot get a government or certain private jobs. Please i need the experts to advice on the best legal way to go about this. Thank you.

TY5Y
[/b][b][i][/i]
Bryan12 post=58183155:
Please I lost my WAEC certificate to armed robbers last year but I have the photocopy please how do I go about getting another one or an affidavit. Still an undergraduate.
Bryan12:

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by DarkHenrie(m): 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2017
That means there's no hope for government jobs for those of us who didn't sit for the exams at all then.
RuggedArab:

It is important if you work with Federal or State Ministries. That certificate is as important as your BSc certificate when it is time for auditing and all.

They are also use it to know your real age when it comes for retirement. Haven't you wondered how some employees in the ministries eat their gratuity while still on service and they retire them without any take home? This certificate solves the problem.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by sweetsih: 1:51pm On Jul 06, 2017
Go to d primary school you finished from dat was how I got mine two years ago,I wasn't even there it was my brother that did it ,,all I had to do Was to text him my details.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by eagleeye2: 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2017
Benita27:

Guess you have never applied for a government job before.
@OP, go to the school where you sat for the exam and see the H/M, he or she can help you apply for another copy from the state ministry of education.
Alternatively you can do it yourself by and apply directly to the ministry. But na enough stress and waka waka dey am.
My advice, take the first option.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by eagleeye2: 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2017
bhouze:

i have my Bsc and WAEC intact the problem is most government jobs demands for the FSLC. I am still an applicant thats why i am concerned.
Check my comment, above.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by herkeym001(m): 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2017
prodekul:
hmmmmm,my case is different ooo,I have not gotten my first school leaving certificate,I went to the school were I took.no trace of school building.and it's all dis private school that reign dat time.

Redeemer Christian Education system
We're on same page.
My primary school is now a football viewing centre, and all my effort for the proprietress contact & the person wey get the land turned negative.........worst thing be say, I no get any of my primary school mate contact. I search for them tire for Facebook, them no dey. As if all of them don die finish.

Na my papa I blame for this shit, I no know why the man go go put me for unregistered nursery & primary school.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by oz4real83(m): 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2017
It is very easy. Go to the primary school u wrote the exams.U may need an affidavit although they maybe lenient with u and waive it and an id card. They will give u a list that contains all the names of people including u who sat for the exams that year.U will make photocopies of the page where ur name appeared.The headmaster/mistress will sign on it (not compulsory).The copies will become ur new primary school certificate. U will spend some cash though as ur contribution to the school. 2k will solve all the problems but note that they will never issue u new one.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Bigman68: 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
I lost mine too but i have a scaned printed copy bckd up with police report and court afidevit.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Geonigga(m): 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2017
Go to your school and lodge a complaints (written) then the school will check their records after there verified same the school will write to the Basic Education Board in the state that issued the certificate for a new certificate. Note your application must be accompanied by an affidavit to that effect.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
Go to the state ministry o education, you have a reserved copy waiting for you. But you need to visit your primary School first for confirmation
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Coolgent(m): 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
bhouze:

Go to your former school with affidavit, am sure they will issue another one for u.
I did the same tin
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by eagleeye2: 2:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
prodekul:
hmmmmm,my case is different ooo,I have not gotten my first school leaving certificate,I went to the school were I took.no trace of school building.and it's all dis private school that reign dat time.

Redeemer Christian Education system
Go to your state Ministry of Education and apply. Ask for the arm .... Exam Development Center (EDC).

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by eagleeye2: 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
Coolgent:

Go to your former school with affidavit, am sure they will issue another one for u.
I did the same tin
It's only the Ministry of Education that can issue another FSLC. He can only ask his school to help do the waka waka on his behalf.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by eagleeye2: 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2017
brendan007:

This is just about the same problem I have, the only difference begin that I didn't write the FSLC exams. This was because I sat for an entrance exams in the first term of primary 5 and secured admission to a secondary school. However, I returned to the school for my testimonial (they say it's equivalent to FSLC - someone should please confirm) so I could use it in place of the FSLC I was given something which contained information on when I started and when I left the primary school in question. I just hope it will be useful. If you do have a testimonial then it could be useful as well.
Your Testimonial is just to show you finished from that school. it's not equivalent to your FSLC. It's better you go and sit for another exam. Unless you have no intention of ever applying or working for a government job.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by eprince21(m): 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
flyca:
No course for alarm. You can still be the President of Nigeria cool

na so
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by middlebelter(m): 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
OP, did you school in heaven or here on earth? If yes, What is the name of the country? Can you remember the school name? Do you know how to get there? Do you have transport fees? Are you fit to travel?
If the answer to the first question is no and the other questions yes, Kindly go to the school headmaster, tell him or her you are from me that I said the school should kindly reproduce your First School Leving Certificate for you in my honour after checking your record to confirm that you studied in the school.

Don't forget to ask the head of school when baba PMB will be returning from UK hospital and finally ask him why baba was not thought in primary school that it's better to develop local hospitals and at worst bring in experts than embarking on medical tourism.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by eagleeye2: 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2017
K4daniel:
Bros move on with your life..you don't need it anymore if you have other credentials like BSc, Mba, msc anyone of these are ok.
If you like have a Doctorate. If you nurse an ambition of ever working in a government ministry, then you need FSCL.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Sexyolori(f): 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2017
Go to your primary school, you might be lucky enough to get a photocopy of their copy...

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by trinity11(m): 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2017
just go to the ministry of education in that particular state you sat 4 the exam. e.g Delta state ministry of education.

You won't even spend up to an hour there, you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by maduka001(m): 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2017
Benita27:

There is "Distinction"
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Joelpinero: 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Benita27:

Benita27:

[quote author=Benita27 post=58177380]First school leaving certificate is like Junior WAEC, both are useless. They give all the applicants same grade(C parallel). Not true they get A
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by md4u2: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
Go to high court and swore affidavit for rain damage or fire disaster
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by AkangbeGold: 3:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
[b][/b]U don't need to give itself problem, same thing happened to me when I wanted to join Air Force, what I did then was that 1. The current Head Mistress of the school u finished from must have an attendant or record of ur last exams in the school.
2. U must make the photocopy of that page and he or she will write a letter to back it up which will indicate that u graduated from the school but you have misplaced the certificate may be while parking from one place to the other or there is a fire incident which lead to that.
3. the letter will be directed to the commissioner of Education in ur state or permanent secretary of the ministry.
4. At the ministry, they will ask you to pay some certain amount of money and they will give you to whom it may concern.
NOTE: make sure u are very humble at every office u step in.U don't need to give itself problem, same thing happened to me when I wanted to join Air Force, what I did then was that 1. The current Head Mistress of the school u finished from must have an attendant or record of ur last exams in the school.
2. U must make the photocopy of that page and he or she will write a letter to back it up which will indicate that u graduated from the school but you have misplaced the certificate may be while parking from one place to the other or there is a fire incident which lead to that.
3. the letter will be directed to the commissioner of Education in ur state or permanent secretary of the ministry.
4. At the ministry, they will ask you to pay some certain amount of money and they will give you to whom it may concern.
NOTE: make sure u are very humble at every office u step in.
U don't need to give itself problem, same thing happened to me when I wanted to join Air Force, what I did then was that 1. The current Head Mistress of the school u finished from must have an attendant or record of ur last exams in the school.
NOTE: make sure u are very humble at every office u step in.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FUTO Student Dressed As A Native Doctor To A Night Class As Exam Draws Near / How To Solve Any Quadratic Equation Using The "Almighty" Formula / 'Our Menthol': MC Oluomo/NURTW Banner That Got People Talking (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.