Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. (64716 Views)

How Can Someone Who Lost His First School Leaving Certificate Get It Back? / Osun To Peg Secondary School Leaving Age At 18 —speaker / First School Leaving Certificate And Testimonial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by fof1: 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2017
bhouze:

i have my Bsc and WAEC intact the problem is most government jobs demands for the FSLC. I am still an applicant thats why i am concerned.

PLS THIS ISN'T TRUE AT ALL. NONE SHOULD FRIGHTEN U. COMPANIES OR OFFICES CAN ONLY DEMAND THIS TO TRIM DOWN APPLICANTS. BUT IN REALITY, ITS NO LONGER DEMANDED FOR EMPLOYMENT. PLS. ONLY D MISCHIEVOUS DO.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by des4ella(m): 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2017
Benita27:
First school leaving certificate is like Junior WAEC, both are useless. They give all the applicants same grade(C parallel). I think you would want to hold on to it if that was the highest level of education you attained. I'm not sure if it's needed when applying for a job 'cause most employers demands for WAEC and Bsc.

I lost mine too, but not bothered.
You will be bothered very soon.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Abumtestimony1: 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2017
Simple go to the State ministry of Education, there is provision for that. Know the name of the school you wrote it and d year. Expect to pay certain amount of money for the new one. Such is easily obtainable in Anambra state, My friend did it 2 months ago

3 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Foxie: 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2017
eagleeye2 post=58183828u:

Check my comment, above.
The effort you used in typing this, would have been enough to tell him/her what he/she needs to know/do.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by 4dor: 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2017
Abumtestimony1:
Simple go to the State ministry of Education, there is provision for that. Know the name of the school you wrote it and d year. Expect to pay certain amount of money for the new one. Such is easily obtainable in Anambra state, My friend did it 2 months ago

Please is this applicable to people that attended private primary schools too?
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Upleeke(m): 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2017
This is just about the same problem I have, the only difference begin that I didn't write the FSLC exams. This was because I sat for an entrance exams in the first term of primary 5 and secured admission to a secondary school. However, I returned to the school for my testimonial (they say it's equivalent to FSLC - someone should please confirm) so I could use it in place of the FSLC I was given something which contained information on when I started and when I left the primary school in question. I just hope it will be useful. If you do have a testimonial then it could be useful as well. [/quote]

MY DEAR BROTHER, THERE IS NO CORRELATION BETWEEN FLSC & TESTIMONIAL BECAUSE GOVERNMENT ISSUES FLSC WHILE TESTIMONIAL IS GIVEN BY INDIVIDUALS' SCHOOLS. YOU CAN ONLY GO TO YOUR PRIMARY SCHOOL TO OBTAIN LETTER OF INTRODUCTION THROUGH THE LOCAL EDUCATION AUTHORITY TO THE STATE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION OR SUPEB WITH A LETTER GIVING TO YOU FROM YOUR PRIMARY SCHOOL.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by AleeDee(m): 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2017
E wey lagos state govt don hold our own cert since 2012 (15yrs). I don post help for NL nd e no rch FP

Pls is thr any1 frm lagos dat finished 2012 dat has collected his/her own pri cert?

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by eagleeye2: 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2017
Foxie:
The effort you used in typing this, would have been enough to tell him/her what he/she needs to know/do.
And what makes you think I should be on Auto Repetition?
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Efree: 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2017
I lost mine, did a court affidavit/police report. just go to a law court and swear an affidavit, they will help you obtain the police report.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Lepetitechic(f): 7:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
prodekul:
hmmmmm,my case is different ooo,I have not gotten my first school leaving certificate,I went to the school were I took.no trace of school building.and it's all dis private school that reign dat time.

Redeemer Christian Education system
If you can remember the school you took the exam at, that is, your exam centre, you can try going there. That's what I did when the so called private school wasn't able to produce my result.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by nextor(m): 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2017
It is still useful I could remember during our verification exercise we were asked to produce it .just if u cant get it from ministry of education just get affidavit to that effect

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Babynyms(f): 8:24pm On Jul 06, 2017
Just go to any primary school and explain things to the headmaster I think he will help you with one

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by CioAngels(f): 9:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
bhouze:
Good morning Nlanders, i lost my first school leaving certificate and i dont have a copy. A friend advised me to seat for the exams but i dont know if it will be acceptable due to the time difference with respect to my other academic credentials. For now i am really confused as to what to do since without a FSLC you cannot get a government or certain private jobs. Please i need the experts to advice on the best legal way to go about this. Thank you.

Go to your primary school, they should have the copy.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by cathlic(m): 7:36am On Jul 07, 2017
Benita27:
First school leaving certificate is like Junior WAEC, both are useless. They give all the applicants same grade(C parallel). I think you would want to hold on to it if that was the highest level of education you attained. I'm not sure if it's needed when applying for a job 'cause most employers demands for WAEC and Bsc.

I lost nine too, but not bothered.
If you have lost yours very soon you will realise that shit happens. Yy
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by charliesyndrom: 3:22am On Jun 02, 2018
bhouze:

i have my Bsc and WAEC intact the problem is most government jobs demands for the FSLC. I am still an applicant thats why i am concerned.
Bro, Im in your shoes right now. I never sat for first school leaving cert but now its needed for a govt job I applied for..Did u later find a way to resolve the problem?

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Kufresh(m): 12:31am On Sep 30, 2018
cryIn The Form They Gave Me To Fill, I Made A Mistake, I Wrote FLSC Instead Of FSLC, I Pray Notn Happens.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Kufresh(m): 12:40am On Sep 30, 2018
I Was Given Testimonial Nt FSLC
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Ceejay111: 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2018
trinity11:
just go to the ministry of education in that particular state you sat 4 the exam. e.g Delta state ministry of education.

You won't even spend up to an hour there, you are good to go.

plz will they issue me a new one or are they going to make any verification to know if my claims are true. i want to know cos I want to change the year I sat for my fslc to correspond with the current years am using right now
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Ceejay111: 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2018
eagleeye2:

Guess you have never applied for a government job before.
@OP, go to the school where you sat for the exam and see the H/M, he or she can help you apply for another copy from the state ministry of education.
Alternatively you can do it yourself by and apply directly to the ministry. But na enough stress and waka waka dey am.
My advice, take the first option.

plz will they issue me a new one or are they going to make any verification to know if my claims are true. i want to know cos I want to change the year I sat for my fslc to correspond with the current years am using right now
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by eagleeye2: 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2018
Ceejay111:

You want to forgery and you are seeking for my advice? smh
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by brendan007: 8:58am On Dec 19, 2018
eagleeye2:

Your Testimonial is just to show you finished from that school. it's not equivalent to your FSLC. It's better you go and sit for another exam. Unless you have no intention of ever applying or working for a government job.
Well, I sat for the exams recently. It was the only option I had. I'm not good at lying or forgery. Not quite sure if the certificate will be recognised or not. Hope someone can clear my doubt about this.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by eagleeye2: 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2018
brendan007:

Well, I sat for the exams recently. It was the only option I had. I'm not good at lying or forgery. Not quite sure if the certificate will be recognised or not. Hope someone can clear my doubt about this.
it will be recognized. If you ever need to present your FSLC and they are in doubt about the date, then you explain yourself it's very simple.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by brendan007: 9:49pm On Dec 19, 2018
eagleeye2:

it will be recognized. If you ever need to present your FSLC and they are in doubt about the date, then you explain yourself it's very simple.
Thanks
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by pat077: 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2019
prodekul:
hmmmmm,my case is different ooo,I have not gotten my first school leaving certificate,I went to the school were I took.no trace of school building.and it's all dis private school that reign dat time.

Redeemer Christian Education system
hello. Did u later get the certificate? My brother is facing the same issue
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by flipper(m): 10:05am On Dec 19, 2019
charliesyndrom:

Bro, Im in your shoes right now. I never sat for first school leaving cert but now its needed for a govt job I applied for..Did u later find a way to resolve the problem?

Hi there. I have this same issue right now and my case is just like yours. I left the primary school in primary 5 so I didn’t write the exams. What did you end up doing?

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by foxxymobile1(m): 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2020
Foxxymobile
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by wapSmart(m): 6:55pm On Mar 12, 2020
flipper:

Hi there. I have this same issue right now and my case is just like yours. I left the primary school in primary 5 so I didn’t write the exams. What did you end up doing?

Hello, Good evening

Where you able to get the certificate

Facing the same issue
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by Omoluabi16(m): 12:19am On Mar 13, 2020
herkeym001:

Where on same page.
My primary school is now a football viewing centre, and all my effort for the proprietress contact & the person wey get the land turned negative.........worst thing be say, I no get any of my primary school mate contact. I search for them tire for Facebook, them no dey. As if all of them don die finish.

Na my papa I blame for this shit, I no know why the man go go put me for unregistered nursery & primary school.
hahaha hahahaha. Nairalanders no go kill person with their mouth. I hope you've sorted it out.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by pharmpresh: 9:20am On Jul 06, 2020
pls somebody should advice me on what to do. The name in my fslc is mmadu Ebube p, while all my other certificate .are bearing mmadu precious kelechi and now am confused on how to make them bear the same name pls someone should advice me on what to do
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by NapoleonHill: 11:56pm On Feb 03, 2022
oz4real83:
It is very easy. Go to the primary school u wrote the exams.U may need an affidavit although they maybe lenient with u and waive it and an id card. They will give u a list that contains all the names of people including u who sat for the exams that year.U will make photocopies of the page where ur name appeared.The headmaster/mistress will sign on it (not compulsory).The copies will become ur new primary school certificate. U will spend some cash though as ur contribution to the school. 2k will solve all the problems but note that they will never issue u new one.

This is exactly what my case is now. I sent someone to the school and he was giving a copy of the list. I have actually not collected the original before. Is there a way I can get the original certificate, please?
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by oz4real83(m): 5:33am On Feb 04, 2022
NapoleonHill:

This is exactly what my case is now. I sent someone to the school and he was giving a copy of the list. I have actually not collected the original before. Is there a way I can get the original certificate, please?
yes you can get the original copy as long as yours is not among those years they didn't produce cerficates for, there are some years like that and maybe a wacko govt was in power then because I see no reason why some years will have certificates while others won't have.
Re: What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. by NapoleonHill: 7:14am On Feb 04, 2022
oz4real83:
yes you can get the original copy as long as yours is not among those years they didn't produce cerficates for, there are some years like that and maybe a wacko govt was in power then because I see no reason why some years will have certificates while others won't have.
Thanks. Will I collect it at the school or ministry of education?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) / PHOTO: Where Are Those Guyz That Did This In Secondary School / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.