Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,389 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2050212 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 8:33am On Sep 04, 2019
emyfine08:
pls I need an inverter and battery that can carry a load of 3500watts

you said 12hr run time. is it night or day time. what will be ur source of charge, nepa or solar. are you sure of you continuous load of 3500w as stated? or there's means of consumption management? if not what are u running? is it only 1 equipment or constituent of loads? hmmmm give serious details for adequate analysis and solution. nagode
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generationz(f): 9:04am On Sep 04, 2019
eleojo23:

Continuously? O boy! shocked

You will need to dedicate a room to your setup o because if you use a 12v system, you will need about 40 pieces of 200ah batteries! The price of batteries alone is about 4Million+

Wait for more input from the veterans on this thread, they might have a way around it.
Does one need a normal battery charger when using a solar charge controller?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 9:09am On Sep 04, 2019
generationz:

Does one need a normal battery charger when using a solar charge controller?

If you intend to charge with both solar and grid power (NEPA), YES
But if you want to go off grip completely, NO
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generationz(f): 10:37am On Sep 04, 2019
eleojo23:

If you intend to charge with both solar and grid power (NEPA), YES
But if you want to go off grip completely, NO

So, that means it is possible to use solar and electricity to charge the same battery?

Doesn't that effect the wire connection or something?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 11:01am On Sep 04, 2019
generationz:

So, that means it is possible to use solar and electricity to charge the same battery?

Doesn't that effect the wire connection or something?

It shouldn't affect it much. Many inverters can charge the batteries so there will be no extra connection.
The only connection is from the solar charge controller to the batteries.

If you are using external charger, the only thing you should worry about is the stress of manually switching on or plugging in the charger often.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:12pm On Sep 04, 2019
Saipro:

If it's the same as the APC 1500VA I have in storage, that device is awesome! To boot, it has AVR functions. If only it had excellent surge handling capabilities. Alas, it's but a online UPS.

Die_hard USA device Sir .. Nice to know you're still enjoying yours !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 1:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
you said 12hr run time. is it night or day time. what will be ur source of charge, nepa or solar. are you sure of you continuous load of 3500w as stated? or there's means of consumption management? if not what are u running? is it only 1 equipment or constituent of loads? hmmmm give serious details for adequate analysis and solution. nagode[/quote]

solar for day time.the load is continuos not one equipment
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2019
emyfine08:

you said 12hr run time. is it night or day time. what will be ur source of charge, nepa or solar. are you sure of you continuous load of 3500w as stated? or there's means of consumption management? if not what are u running? is it only 1 equipment or constituent of loads? hmmmm give serious details for adequate analysis and solution. nagode

emyfine08:

ok. let's see.

3500 x 12hr = 42000w

now to incorporate an inverter with backup capacity to drive ur load, I will go for 7 or 8kva 180v. I prefer load to inverter range of <=50%.
therefore:
batr on 180v (15x2set) = 30pcs i.e 400amp x 180v = 72000w. batr to load 58%
then for solar, go for not less than 9kw but the more d better (like 12kw) to supply load day time and fill ur battery back for night run.

like I said before, in solar I always prefer serious load management to trim cost. at this level, no compromise on batr quality pls.

my ogas at the top over to you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
idsolar:

ok. let's see.

3500 x 12hr = 42000w

now to incorporate an inverter with backup capacity to drive ur load, I will go for 7 or 8kva 180v. I prefer load to inverter range of <=50%.
therefore:
batr on 180v (15x2set) = 30pcs i.e 400amp x 180v = 72000w. batr to load 58%
then for solar, go for not less than 9kw but the more d better (like 12kw) to supply load day time and fill ur battery back for night run.

like I said before, in solar I always prefer serious load management to trim cost. at this level, no compromise on batr quality pls.

my ogas at the top over to you

Nice input ! See money shocked shocked ... Solar is sweet tho

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2019
bigrovar:

Quanta mostly because of support. I rate a decent product with great support over a great product with so so support. Quanta has been known to always honor their warranty and have official presence in all major cities first class cities in Nigeria. This means if you have issues with them you are not at the mercy of a marketer but dealing with the real company (not someone who bought their franchise) directly. Hoppecke would come in second just because it is the greatest of them all being a grade A solar product from Germany. I can not however say about their support in Nigeria.

How can i contact the offcial page of Quanta? I want to get a battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
Valto:
yes inverter ups is good cheap and rugged.it have a very low self consumption(i still use one, even though i have a 3kva mustpower) u can get one for 3k, then buy a very good cheap battery charger for 11k, then u are good to good.

Inverter UPS and normal UPS, are they the same things??

Also, which inverter UPS do you recommend?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2019
eleojo23:

But UPS is still modified sine wave especially the 12v 650va type.

I have an APC 650UPS which burnt my phone charger and made energy saving led bulbs emit a humming sound.

I just got a 600W pure sine wave inverter from Ali and the led bulbs don't emit that humming sound anymore.

Hello bro...

Does this inverter work well with your fans and other appliances? Please give us the link.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
Valto:
apc 650 ups is modified sine wave. i used 12V 1200kva bluegate and i think its okay. but currently i av been using APC 1500VA 24V ups and i can tell u that it is a PURE SINE WAVE. it works very well with all my appliances(blenders, normal ac fan and even fridge)

Hello bro,

Is the emboldened same as the ones in the pics i attached

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:37pm On Sep 04, 2019
odimbannamdi:

Hello bro,

Is the emboldened same as the ones in the pics i attached
not the same
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:43pm On Sep 04, 2019
Valto:
not the same

Please snap yours lets see.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:44pm On Sep 04, 2019
odimbannamdi:

Please snap yours lets see.

Thanks
ok tomorrow
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 11:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
ceaser:

I bought the 600watts peak 300watts continuous variant of this product for a standalone set up. I actually bought it twice, after blowing up the first one during experimentation. But it still works fine as it's been working for about 4 months now. The problem with the model i got is that the cooling fan, although silent, is not powerful enough for me. Also it has no USB port compared to similar specs from other manufacturers.

If you happen to get it from the same seller I got from, it should get to Nigeria in 10 days or thereabout, excluding the days for transit within the country.

Later after I bought the Aiyima product, I came across some other products with display information (which I would have preferred) and even some with wired remote for control from inside the house.

Good luck in your shopping.

Nice. Will research on them
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 11:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 11:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
saint2ace:

NGN 17,389.23 52%OFF | 1500W Pure Sine Wave Inverter DC12V/24V/48V To AC220V 50HZ Power Converter Booster For Car Inverter Household DIY
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/OazTl4d2

Whosoever is interested in cheap PSW Inverter should try the above, it's pure sine wave and quite affordable, I got it from Jumia for 23k, but it's cheaper from AliExpress

Plus shipping it's more expensive.. Give the jumia link abeg
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 11:49pm On Sep 04, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

smiley
How much would it cost to setup a solar system for a one bathroom apartment please?

Power is not paint grin this type of question de sabi funny me.

Seriously, you need to state what loads you want to power, and for how long. Thats where the dance starts from.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 11:55pm On Sep 04, 2019
eleojo23:

Continuously? O boy! shocked

You will need to dedicate a room to your setup o because if you use a 12v system, you will need about 40 pieces of 200ah batteries! The price of batteries alone is about 4Million+

Wait for more input from the veterans on this thread, they might have a way around it.

Lol... Definitely not a 12v system for this. Your dc cables go thick like my thumb.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NotBeenPaid: 11:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

1. 20watt 24" TV
2. GoTV
3. 5watt x 5bulbs
4. Laptop input -> 18.5Vdc = 3.50A / 19.5Vdc = 3.33A (inscribed on the back of the laptop)
5. 90w for Refrigerator
6. 15w rechargeable fan

Trippledots:

Power is not paint grin this type of question de sabi funny me.

Seriously, you need to state what loads you want to power, and for how long. Thats where the dance starts from.

I just noticed the typo now. Lol

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 12:07am On Sep 05, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

I just noticed the typo now. Lol

I knw you meant one bedroom....still doesn't ask your question well. You later were guided and you have stated the right questions. �
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 5:13am On Sep 05, 2019
Trippledots:

Plus shipping it's more expensive.. Give the jumia link abeg

https://www. jumia. com. ng/generic-1500w-peak-pure-sine-wave-power-inverter-12v24v48v-to-240v-lcd-car-38683759.html

Just remove the spaces Inbetween

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generationz(f): 9:23am On Sep 05, 2019
Hey guys,

What do you think about fairly used solar panels?

Can a good 150watts solar panel go for 20k?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funken: 9:45am On Sep 05, 2019
If they were well used and you know their history, they are good. I have 3 used panels in my solar array and those guys are producing as much as the new ones that I got.

generationz:
Hey guys,

What do you think about fairly used solar panels?

Can a good 150watts solar panel go for 20k?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dgr8truth(m): 10:41am On Sep 05, 2019
Valto:
apc 650 ups is modified sine wave. i used 12V 1200kva bluegate and i think its okay. but currently i av been using APC 1500VA 24V ups and i can tell u that it is a PURE SINE WAVE. it works very well with all my appliances(blenders, normal ac fan and even fridge)

Though it work as an inverter the efficency will make you reconsider using an inverter. Use a meter, read the power drawn from from the battery and actual power being consume from the ac side.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:49am On Sep 05, 2019
dgr8truth:

Though it work as an inverter the efficency will make you reconsider using an inverter. Use a meter, read the power drawn from from the battery and actual power being consume from the ac side.
whats ever power it draws will not be more that 30w idle consumption while my mustpower inverter 3kva inverter draw about 130w idle consumption, so its safe to say, i will keep using the APC 24V PSW for now. its a very rugged UPS with AVR function and its even stronger than the mustpower.. i only use the mustpower to charge, when there is light.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generationz(f): 11:31am On Sep 05, 2019
funken:
If they were well used and you know their history, they are good. I have 3 used panels in my solar array and those guys are producing as much as the new ones that I got.

His can one know the history of a panel? I intend to buy from any random shop that sells.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generationz(f): 11:45am On Sep 05, 2019
Hello,

How many batteries can a 650va ups and 1500va ups carry comfortably?

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Dharyhor, Parser and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.