Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2056893 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (1690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 12:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
luminous claims to be pure sine wave.....http://inverters.com.ng/800VA_to_900VA_Inverter-list.aspx
the best way to know is modified sine wave inverters dont like inductive loads...like fridge or ceiling fan/hair clipper...so if ur inverter carries such loads conveniently , then its probablly pure sine wave

geefivez: @all,

I want to know if luminious 0.8kva is a pure sine wave. I want to acquire it today. Just to compare between luminous and sukam. I read some where before about sukam falcon which is pure sine wave. I also want anybody that has the contact of luminous inverter to please drop it here.

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by geefivez(m): 3:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
shithapuns:
luminous claims to be pure sine wave.....http://inverters.com.ng/800VA_to_900VA_Inverter-list.aspx
the best way to know is modified sine wave inverters dont like inductive loads...like fridge or ceiling fan/hair clipper...so if ur inverter carries such loads conveniently , then its probablly pure sine wave

Thanks so much with this reply. i can easily make my choice now.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pheleix: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
shithapuns: pls anybody has a chart where i can confirm the correct cable size for 24v 45/50amp dc cable.....for my 45mppt charge controller ?....also whats the maximum distance i shud hv between the CC and battery bank
1. www.freesunpower.com/wire_calc.php
2. <5FT
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pheleix: 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
shithapuns:

It depends on the capacity of the inverter and load. It might be a sine wave but won't power the fridge, will see it as an overload and trip. But if it was powered from Public supply through the inverter and MAINS (PHCN) fails the inverter will carry the load without problem. Secondly the inverters (both square & modified) I constructed powers clipper like it were connected to Mains power
Just saying
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Akanniade(m): 7:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
geefivez:

Thanks so much with this reply. i can easily make my choice now.
You could ask the seller to plug in a standing fan to the inverter, while in backup mode. If you hear a strong humming sound, it's modified sine wave. If not it is pure sine wave.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by geefivez(m): 6:25am On Dec 11, 2013
Akanniade:
You could ask the seller to plug in a standing fan to the inverter, while in backup mode. If you hear a strong humming sound, it's modified sine wave. If not it is pure sine wave.

Thanks for your advice. I will follow your suggestion when buying.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 10:35am On Dec 11, 2013
OK THANKS...SAW A BETTER CHART HERE.
http://www.solar-electric.com/wire-loss-tables.html

@PHELIX...PLS WHATS A WIRE CLIPPER?...how easy is it 2 construct?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by perera1987: 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by geefivez(m): 10:47am On Dec 12, 2013
@all,
I observe some things in the new luminous 875Va I just bought. When I power the inverter, I discover that the cooling fan was not working. But when I later check it 30mins later, I discover it has started working. Is it normal like that or the inverter is not working well? I also discover when the inverter is on off mode. An amber light on the switch stay on. Please I need an expert advice on these.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 12:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
geefivez: @all,
I observe some things in the new luminous 875Va I just bought. When I power the inverter, I discover that the cooling fan was not working. But when I later check it 30mins later, I discover it has started working. Is it normal like that or the inverter is not working well? I also discover when the inverter is on off mode. An amber light on the switch stay on. Please I need an expert advice on these.

Always read through your user manuals. The fan turns on after the temperature rises above a certain threshold. For the amber light check your manual.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 6:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
bought my 16mm copper cable to hook up my 45amp mppt cc to my battery bank...also tested luminous 1.5kva inverter on my 350l double door fridge..it carried it successfully...without phcn being on......the fridge being 130w...I believe my 400amp batt bank shud be able to power the fridge for 24hrs.......until my timer switch comes
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 20, 2013
I am thinking of installing circuit breakers on the input and output of my 1.4kva Sukam. Is this a good idea? What rating should I use?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:43am On Dec 22, 2013
BONANZA BONANZA BONANZA !!!!!!

PERLIGHT solar panels... 12v 130 watts monocrystalline module » (USA STANDARDS)

PERLIGHT solar panels... 24v 230 watts monocrystalline module » (USA STANDARDS)

SHOTO telecomm batteries 12v 180a

MTN base station Telecomm Batteries

Emerson 27.2v 60a Intelligent Battery Charger

Mercury 3.5kva 24v Pure sinewave lcd inverter (inbuilt 70ahm intelligent max charger for large battery bank) #charges with Gen unlike Cyberpower,, easy installation unlike cyberpower,,powers heavier appliances"inductive/resistive/motors/rectifier loads" with the help of 40 inbuilt powerful mosfets driving out o/p capacity of 2500w and max surge protect of 7500w under 0.7 power factor

MULTIPOWER Inverters of various KVA (MADE IN INDIA)

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

CALL FRANKIE NOW FOR SUPPLIES 08135031951 .... THANKS
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 6:38am On Dec 22, 2013
whats the price of the 3.5kva invrerter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:23am On Dec 22, 2013
@Shit, simply call the mobile number "08135031951" OK !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kanuchi: 10:49am On Dec 22, 2013
now let me give you some tips in determining wattage to amp rage. 2500w solar panel will give you 60amp if under 48v with 200w solar panel you need about 15panels to give you that.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2013
Big thank you to Seun Osewa for creating this platform which have been serving as great medium to share knowledge. I need to commend originator of this thread and Oga at the top - George D for his tenacity and knowledge sharing. Every contributor to this thread - both experts and novices should keep the information flowing.

I have been a follower of this thread for quite some years and have gone through all posts. Knowledge acquired so far spurred me into renewable energy and I am hitting the ground with the following items:

1) 12 pcs 300w solar panel
2) 8 pcs 12v x 260amps deep cycle batteries
3) Midnite Classic 150 Charge Controller
4) Midnite 125A Mini Disconnect
5) Midnite MPV6 Combiner Box
6) Existing Su Kam 3500kva inverter
7) installation accessories - cables

Installation arrangement and pictures would be posted as soon as possible.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:31am On Dec 27, 2013
wow!...another george d in the making!!. ur set up there go reach 2million naira o..cool.pics as soon as u set it up?..are you going totally offgrid?.......if yes..i think a 5kva inverter wud hv been more suitable...scratch that...i dont know ur load
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 12:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
earthrealm: wow!...another george d in the making!!. ur set up there go reach 2million naira o..cool.pics as soon as u set it up?..are you going totally offgrid?.......if yes..i think a 5kva inverter wud hv been more suitable...scratch that...i dont know ur load

Thanks earthrealm, in this field of renewable energy, George D is always on top and great Inspiration. I cut down cost by latching on to a friend that was shipping some items from China.
Got panels and batteries at very attractive price couple with not paying for shipping down to Naija.
You are right about getting 5kva inverter; it would form part of my later upgrade preferably getting Outback or Magnum when I'm ready. Meanwhile I am optimizing with an existing Su Kam 3.5kva inverter.
Ultimate aim is to go off grid; for now still combining with limited grid supply.
Current load on inverter:
1) 1pc 40in LCD TV
2) 1 pc home theatre
3) 3 pcs standing fan
4) 8 pcs 12w internal light
5) 4 pcs 30w security light
6) Occasioal 1hp sumo pump
7) Twice weekly 7kg washing machine
cool Sat decoder
9) Computers and rest items such as phones
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
BONANZA BONANZA BONANZA !!!!!!

PERLIGHT solar panels... 12v 130 watts monocrystalline module » (USA STANDARDS)

PERLIGHT solar panels... 24v 230 watts monocrystalline module » (USA STANDARDS)

SHOTO telecomm batteries 12v 180a

MTN base station Telecomm Batteries

Emerson\Ericsson 27.2v 60a Intelligent Battery Charger

Mercury 3.5kva 24v Pure sinewave lcd inverter (inbuilt 70ahm intelligent max charger for large battery bank) #charges with Gen unlike Cyberpower,, easy installation unlike cyberpower,,powers heavier appliances"inductive/resistive/motors/rectifier loads" with the help of 40 inbuilt powerful mosfets driving out o/p capacity of 2500w and max surge protect of 7500w under 0.7 power factor

MULTIPOWER Inverters of various KVA (MADE IN INDIA)

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

CALL FRANKIE NOW FOR SUPPLIES 08135031951 .... THANKS
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 28, 2013
richmon74:

Well, contrary to other peoples opinion, I am very comfortable with Cyberpower generally. As you can see in some off my job pics I posted earlier, I use a lot of Cyberpower and I can testify to the fact that of all the common inverters in our market Cyberpower has an edge.

Some of the attractive features are:
- They are not that fragile.
The only time I ever repaired one of them was when someone wrongly bridged the output to input at the DB and powered it. All I needed to do was replace the cct board and it was up again uptill now. There is no inverter that wouldn't fry in extreme situations light this.

I have never had any reason to repair any of Cyberpower on any other kind of breakdown. I didn't say they are indestructible but they are certainly better than it's closest rival - sukam/mopower. I've had various cases of sukam just breaking down on thier own.

- Added protection.
Buyright supplies additional protection for the cyberpower:- 40A MCA, 2 Pole 100A CB/Change over switch and a 64A AVS all from ABB. These devices are great if you ask me. I've experienced them acting very well on lighting and on voltage fluctuations in various cases making the protections on the inverter itself redundant.

- Other features that makes it ok for me is the ability for you to adjust the charging current (from 15A to 50A), output voltage, batt cutoff voltage, etc.

The High Frequency versions do not come with these external protections so in many cases I've had to still provide external protection. The picture below is one of such. These ones are very fragile. They give up at the slightest fluctuation/lighting. The good thing is that a 5mins replacement of a N100.00 worth varistor always fix it up.

About the bulk Charging:,
Oga Georg has a very big problem with Cyberpower being bulk chargers only inverter. Well, look at it these way, for people that don't use solar panels and live in areas where they can't even get enough public power supply to do a 100% bulk charge talk less of getting unto float state, buying the expensive inverters may not really make sense if the 3 stage charging is your target. So many inverter users fall under this category and that's why make Cyberpower my choice. For those who can get beyond these level, I give them solar panel with Tristar with supplements the missing 3 stage charging and in that case, my Cyberpower still serves.

Cyberpower Flaw:
A very great feature I miss in Cyberpower Inverters is the NO LOAD POWER OFF feature. It just runs constantly with or without load.

Disclaimer: Everything I've written here is my personal opinion. You are entitle to yours. I am in no way advertising for Cyberpower nor for Buyright. I am not stocked with Cyberpower. I use other products both higher ends and lower.
Please, I will like to know the specifications of the additional items that ship with a 1.5 kva Cyberpower inverter eg MCA and AVS. Thanks in advance.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
As promised, here come some of the pictures

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
Tools and Panels Arrenagement

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 9:38am On Dec 30, 2013
I connected 4 x 250w 24 v panels in. 2 strings.with a 45 amp mppt cc .yet the max current i hv got is 15amp s.I believe something is wrong .could some one help me?.
I know my batteries are weak.but wud that make the panels not deliver the full 40 - 45 amps energy from the panels?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 11:29am On Dec 30, 2013
Ok am getting 22 amps from the charge controller now 11.25 am . My target is 40amp +, the cc is displaying mppt mode .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
More pictures update:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
THE WHITE CIRCUIT BREAKER IN THE 2ND PIC..ARE THEY DC RATED?..WHERE/HOW MUCH DID U GET THEM?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
shithapuns: THE WHITE CIRCUIT BREAKER IN THE 2ND PIC..ARE THEY DC RATED?..WHERE/HOW MUCH DID U GET THEM?

Those breakers are mainly AC circuit breakers. They are for AC input into voltage stabilizer and AC output from Inverter. All DC breakers are enclosed in combiner and Mini DC disconnect.

If you are referring to DC breakers in the combiner box, they are all DC rated and you can source through http://www.solar-electric.com/.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2013
yeh, i tot they re dc circuit breakers...checked the site you posted..its usa site....so u buy stuff from them?..do they deliver to nigerai?..or u first ship 2 usa address?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 4:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
shithapuns: yeh, i tot they re dc circuit breakers...checked the site you posted..its usa site....so u buy stuff from them?..do they deliver to nigerai?..or u first ship 2 usa address?

They dont deliver straight to Nigeria; you have to get a US address. Alternatively, you can source from them through orderbay.com or circuitatlantic.com.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 3:28am On Jan 01, 2014
Remaining Pics:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 10:21am On Jan 01, 2014
Dear all, here is wishing you all abundant joy and higher accomplishments in this new year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (1690) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: andymola(m), Mrreed(m), Dam5reey(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.