Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2061007 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1693) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:30pm On Jan 01, 2014
BONANZA BONANZA BONANZA !!!!!!

PERLIGHT solar panels... 12v 130 watts monocrystalline module » (USA STANDARDS)

PERLIGHT solar panels... 24v 230 watts monocrystalline module » (USA STANDARDS)

Powersafe Telecomm battery 12v 170a "2013 make Red color"

MTN base station Telecomm Batteries

Emerson\Ericsson 27.2v 60a Portable Intelligent Battery Charger

Mercury 3.5kva 24v Pure sinewave lcd inverter (inbuilt 70ahm intelligent max charger for large battery bank) #charges with Gen unlike Cyberpower,, easy installation unlike cyberpower,,powers heavier appliances"inductive/resistive/motors/rectifier loads" with the help of 40 inbuilt powerful mosfets driving out o/p capacity of 2500w and max surge protect of 7500w under 0.7 power factor

MULTIPOWER Inverters of various KVA (MADE IN INDIA)

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

CALL FRANKIE NOW FOR SUPPLIES 08135031951 .... THANKS
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by okete(m): 9:57pm On Jan 01, 2014
waooo what an wonderful thread. i need to learn more on this
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by okete(m): 10:01pm On Jan 01, 2014
any way I deal in all kind of dead inverter batteries of any quantity
anywhere in Nigeria at a very good price e.g deep
cycle batteries.marine batteries.wet cell batteries.
etc. contact.08091019331
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TotalGreen: 11:06am On Jan 02, 2014
congrats... very nice

happy new year friends.

salam12: Remaining Pics:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2014
happy new year my good friends on this thread..

I discovered a significant drop in output of my system so I climbed up to see what's happening.
the problem was dust . all I did was to use a big hand size foam and clean. although not easy but I stretched as far as my arm could reach.
the result was a significant improvement .
I hereby recommend u observe ur panels for dust.
If u reside very close to an untarred road...am sure Ure already a victim.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TotalGreen: 3:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
hi,

same problem here

nice one

abunafiu: happy new year my good friends on this thread..

I discovered a significant drop in output of my system so I climbed up to see what's happening.
the problem was dust . all I did was to use a big hand size foam and clean. although not easy but I stretched as far as my arm could reach.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
HAPPY NEW YR MY PEOPLE. i love u all. truly life is good wt solar
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Akanniade(m): 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2014
Happy New year all.
For issues with dust on panels, just flush with water. A hose connection to discharge of submersible pump could provide good water pressure.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
i have 1kw original usa panels, but am getting only 630w max from them...wht could be wrong?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
RipVanWink: i have 1kw original usa panels, but am getting only 630w max from them...wht could be wrong?
I suggest u revisit ur installation. review d position if d panels . shading may be a cause. also u should observe some angle of inclination by facing south....I mean a position where d sun shines most in ur area.
all said above assuming u connected d panels correctly.
can u give details of d panels individually and how u connected series /parallel.
what type of controller and wires u used. distance BTW d stuffs installed.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 7:27am On Jan 05, 2014
RipVanWink: i have 1kw original usa panels, but am getting only 630w max from them...wht could be wrong?

Just to add to what abunafiu has said;
* is your load able to draw more than 630W?
* is your charge controller able to maximize the power of the panel?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
all,

happy 2014 to everyone in the house. may all our days be sunny and bright this new year and may we never
walk in the dark, gloomy shadows of years past!

just got back from the village over the weekend and have been offline for a while. that said, its nice to see a lot
of developments on the thread. i'm particularly impressed with salam12 installation. looks like a new solar
convert who has finally decided to take the plunge and he's really done it in a big way. congrats!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 4:56am On Jan 07, 2014
George_D: all,
happy 2014 to everyone in the house. may all our days be sunny and bright this new year and may we never
walk in the dark, gloomy shadows of years past!
just got back from the village over the weekend and have been offline for a while. that said, its nice to see a lot
of developments on the thread. i'm particularly impressed with salam12 installation. looks like a new solar
convert who has finally decided to take the plunge and he's really done it in a big way. congrats!
[quote author=George_D]all,

Thank you bros. Your believe in sharing knowledge actually spurred me into renewable energy option and I must confess it has been quite rewarding. Been off town for almost 2 wks and wifey with the kids have attested to beauty of 24/7 power supply without noise. Pumping water and washing clothes at will without having to cope with generator wahala.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 8:33am On Jan 07, 2014
nirlnd!!!!. m pissed..the whole post i mde explining my spec nd troubles with my panel, which i posted succesfully is no where to be found!..ki where wud i gtet the strength to repost all the info again
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 9:38am On Jan 07, 2014
i think my battery is prt of the problem, they are wek and doint hold chrage 4 long. i intend to chNGWE them first, and see if there would be any improvement. am torn btw fullriver 200aamp batt 2units and zenith 260amp batt........i lernt fullriver is gel, thus aam leaning towrds it, both batteries are btw 55k to 60k.......can some1 recommend any battery?....also any zenith batt distributor in edo state?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 1:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
abunafiu: happy new year my good friends on this thread..

abunafiu,

this time of year is always a big problem for solar harvest all over the globe. if you check back on last year's post
around this time we talked extensively on this issue so its a recurring subject year on year.

here in the south-south we are not left out as we battle on two fronts. on one part is the cloud cover which ironically
is persistent despite it being a harmattan period. on the other hand we have the issue of dust. both of this combine to
make a huge dent on total solar harvest. peeps would think the opposite should be the case though as theoretically
one would expect to harvest more in the dry season as compared to the rainy season but the reality is more like the
reverse.

below pics of snapshot of peak harvest for yesterday and day before.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 1:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
i must say the meter hub is doing a good job of combining the outputs of the two tristar charge controllers,
so i no longer have any need to do manual additions (thanks again to totalgreen for making this happen) smiley

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2014
now, to one of the overriding reasons i went for the magnum above other available high end inverters:

control from the comfort of your bedroom! grin

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
more:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
so many parameters at the tip of your fingers! smiley

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:06pm On Jan 10, 2014
the bmk (battery monitor kit) certainly doing a good job of monitoring the entire system:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2014
the lbco (low battery cut off) setting that saved the day. smiley

in my absence my folks ran the system so low that the voltage dropped to 48v and suddenly power went off.
unknown to them i had set the inverter to cut off at exactly 48v thereby preventing serious damage to the
batteries.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
more settings:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Refa: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2014
@Fikfik, I know am late to the party. Came across your Morning star issue and had to respond because I run into a similar situation. I have a 60A Tristar MPPT, run into the same problem. I managed to get it fixed. I still have some of the transistors that I used to do that do. You will need someone with a little background in electronics to do the replacement for you. I have surplus transistors for the 60A version hope you haven't thrown your CC away.The only unfortunate part is that I live in Ghana.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Refa: 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
With regards to Solar harvest-we in the southern part of West Africa have a problem. Because we are on the equator we will have to adjust our panels every 3-6 months or so to get a good harvest. I have attached an angle calculator to help. You notice that the sun is in the northern hemisphere at one time and then in the southern hemisphere at another time of the year. That is-if your building is facing south, you will have it casting a shadow to back of the house at one time in the year and then casting a shadow to the front at another time of the year. To optimize your solar harvest, you will need to use a solar tracker or manually adjust your panels 2-3 times a year

http://solarelectricityhandbook.com/solar-angle-calculator.html
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
wow..from the solar angle site........it appers that people that plqace their panels on the rooftop directly or on small stnds are obviously not reaping the mximum power from the sun

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2014
Well we have to just take it up again.
From 84 back to 66. That's a lot of loss.
But who says we can't do it again?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 12:31pm On Jun 27, 2014
we have to take it the way it is
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 1:01pm On Jun 27, 2014
This is not easy. Na wa o. Data loss is a great loss. Well congrats to all. I wonder what what it will look like withoutour great forum

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1693) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Decentlyproud(m), xtremeidea(m), abuzz33 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.