Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2052552 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (1686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:38am On May 01, 2020
JUO:
You can see I loaded over 3kw on the 3.5kw without any stress

The felicity also has no Problem taking the rated capacity, I have pushed it over 2kw before and it's rated 2.4kw. Nevertheless the conversion efficiency is what catches my attention most. One will have to make a decision to either increase battery bank to cover for the loss or go for the xtm.

Let me turn to some MPP users, @earthrealm what's the efficiency of yours like?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 11:29am On May 01, 2020
earthrealm:

this inverter sweet o,
JUST THAT ITS EXPENSIVE
is it hybrid?..ie with inbuilt CC?
hybrid with external cc, you link both with communication cable
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Malevonent: 11:31am On May 01, 2020
who knows any low wattage ceiling fan, AC not DC, 40w and below qualifys as low wattage ceiling fan in my book
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 11:31am On May 01, 2020
ojeysky:

The felicity also has no Problem taking the rated capacity, I have pushed it over 2kw before and it's rated 2.4kw. Nevertheless the conversion efficiency is what catches my attention most. One will have to make a decision to either increase battery bank to cover for the loss or go for the xtm.

felicity is rated 3.5kva while this is 4kva. Can you see the huge difference? When I loaded my felicity with 2kw I sacrificed closed to 300w as loss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:33am On May 01, 2020
ojeysky:

yet to pull the trigger, was looking for a cheaper shipping alternative. have seen a nairalander who does china. naija shipping, so waiting for covid-19 to end
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:39am On May 01, 2020
JUO:
felicity is rated 3.5kva while this is 4kva. Can you see the huge difference? When I loaded my felicity with 2kw I sacrificed closed to 300w as loss

I think you are probably referring to the felicity inverter, mine is the hybrid IVCM3024 it's rated 2.4kw but my MPP (of blessed memory) is 3kw with 6kw surge support and I have pushed both close to peak (at sunlight peak and nearly full battery).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 11:50am On May 01, 2020
ojeysky:

I think you are probably referring to the felicity inverter, mine is the hybrid IVCM3024 it's rated 2.4kw but my MPP (of blessed memory) is 3kw with 6kw surge support and I have pushed both close to peak (at sunlight peak and nearly full battery).
mine is the 3.5kva/24v inverter. My Xtm has over 10kw surge
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:04pm On May 01, 2020
JUO:
mine is the 3.5kva/24v inverter. My Xtm has over 10kw surge

Wow! It's a sweat something honestly but men the pepper heavy small sha..... In my case I will need an xtm and a fangpusun controller since it's not an hybrid.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 12:30pm On May 01, 2020
ojeysky:

Wow! It's a sweat something honestly but men the pepper heavy small sha..... In my case I will need an xtm and a fangpusun controller since it's not an hybrid.
we are available for good deals
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ololadeajayi(f): 2:39pm On May 01, 2020
I have a clean Polystar LED TV for sale in Abuja

20" LED Display
Resolution: HD
USB, HDMI
Natural Light, Energy Saving
Colour: Black
Watt: 30

Price: 25,000

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 5:35am On May 02, 2020
ewizard1:

I know the difference between Energy saving bulb and LED Bulb. I was using Energy savers and switched to LED when I installed my inverter system. I replaced my 40W AKT Spiral Energy saving with 10W Led and the lightening is same.

I currently use 2 10W AKT LED buld in each of my sitting and bedroom. I have seen what the bulb is capable of. 3W bulb would have very low lumens rating which I cant even use in my rooms.

I use 5watts led max in my house. It lighted a 12×13 room perfectly. Even myliving room. Though not very bright but you still read and write with it in any part of the living room. Except you like floodlights in your room, it is okay. I am even looking for 3 watts for the rooms and toilet

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 5:54am On May 02, 2020
olaolu11:

I use 5watts led max in my house. It lighted a 12×13 room perfectly. Even myliving room. Though not very bright but you still read and write with it in any part of the living room. Except you like floodlights in your room, it is okay. I am even looking for 3 watts for the rooms and toilet

How many 5w in a room? Tho I have 2 x 10w lights in my sitting room, they are only on when theres need to brighten up the room maybe to cleanup/fixes or when there are guests. Aside that ,they are always off because I love watching tv in the dark.

I got them for very good lighting when theres the need.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:05am On May 02, 2020
JUO:
most times the fridge is on zero consumption cos is permanently on

I just checked out the LG fridge and was impressed at the energy consumption per year (259kwh) which comes out roughly to 30w assuming 8760-hour year. That's pretty low consumption. I'm impressed cool

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:09am On May 02, 2020
olaolu11:

I use 5w too, it's very bright in a 16m² room.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:16am On May 02, 2020
fogeg87963:

Try LUX, 5w, bought them at Game Stores,
my bedroom size is about 21 feet by 14.5 feet and only 1 of the bulbs, everywhere is so bright
Got em for 750 around 2018

C-Torch is another great brand.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:24am On May 02, 2020
ewizard1:

How many 5w in a room? Tho I have 2 x 10w lights in my sitting room, they are only on when theres need to brighten up the room maybe to cleanup/fixes or when there are guests. Aside that ,they are always off because I love watching tv in the dark.

I got them for very good lighting when theres the need.

In my case it's just one 5w akt in each of my rooms and it does a good job. I have not seen a 3w that will be as bright though
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 6:28am On May 02, 2020
My 12v 900vac luminous inverter went off yesterday. I used a 950 watts drill on it. I heard the warning sound shrill so i paused and the sound stopped. I then continued. Within few seconds of use it shrilled again and then went off. I unscrewed it checked the fuses and pressed the tripller and it came on again. But this time the power indicator came on. When i put the inverter on it came on normally but did not show any indication of pushing out any ac power to the house. I have looked but cant see anything burnt or blown in it. I bought fuel and used generator and all lights in the house came on, though i did not test the inverter since i had disconnected it. I will buy fuel and test it with gen this morning. I think i have used the drill in it before without any problem but i cant be too sure.
But in the meanwhile, what could have happened and the solution? Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:30am On May 02, 2020
mctfopt:

I just checked out the LG fridge and was impressed at the energy consumption per year (259kwh) which comes out roughly to 30w assuming 8760-hour year. That's pretty low consumption. I'm impressed cool

Indeed, found it interesting as well, my thermocool about 70w when condenser is fully operational and it's not as big as the lg.
@Juo how much did you get this?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:43am On May 02, 2020
ojeysky:

Indeed, found it interesting as well, my thermocool about 70w when condenser is fully operational and it's not as big as the lg.

70w is energy efficient too. At 100% blast, that is almost the same as running some 55" LED tv.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:49am On May 02, 2020
mctfopt:

70w is energy efficient too. At 100% blast, that is almost the same as running some 55" LED tv.

My 51" LED does about 35w at medium energy saving mode
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:51am On May 02, 2020
earthrealm:

yet to pull the trigger, was looking for a cheaper shipping alternative. have seen a nairalander who does china. naija shipping, so waiting for covid-19 to end

Okay, so where are the other MPP users @duwdu
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:52am On May 02, 2020
earthrealm:

Okay, so where are the other MPP users @duwdu @NiyiOmoIyunade
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 6:52am On May 02, 2020
ojeysky:

135k in 2018

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 7:22am On May 02, 2020
olaolu11:
My 12v 900vac luminous inverter went off yesterday. I used a 950 watts drill on it. I heard the warning sound shrill so i paused and the sound stopped. I then continued. Within few seconds of use it shrilled again and then went off. I unscrewed it checked the fuses and pressed the tripller and it came on again. But this time the power indicator came on. When i put the inverter on it came on normally but did not show any indication of pushing out any ac power to the house. I have looked but cant see anything burnt or blown in it. I bought fuel and used generator and all lights in the house came on, though i did not test the inverter since i had disconnected it. I will buy fuel and test it with gen this morning. I think i have used the drill in it before without any problem but i cant be too sure.

The max powwer rating of that inverter is 850W.You have exceeded the power rating and it's spoilt.Just take it to Alaba,it will be fixed.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hancock(m): 7:53am On May 02, 2020
ojeysky:

Okay, so where are the other MPP users @duwdu @NiyiOmoIyunade

MPP Mk series have a 75w no load power consumption which seems high compared to what JUO is getting from his own brand of inverter.
But then you probably might not worry on these things if you have adequate battery size to carter for it.
……… on a second thought running the inverter idle at 10 hours gives 750wh which is high to be sincere
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 8:24am On May 02, 2020
hancock:

MPP Mk series have a 75w no load power consumption which seems high compared to what JUO is getting from his own brand of inverter.
But then you probably might not worry on these things if you have adequate battery size to carter for it.
……… on a second thought running the inverter idle at 10 hours gives 750wh which is high to be sincere

Lol grin
Now u get the gist!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:26am On May 02, 2020
hancock:

It's one of the reason I went for GK 3kva which is half that of MK on idle. That said, idle consumption is not my main concern, it is the load consumption, what's your MK like on say 600w load?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 8:31am On May 02, 2020
olaolu11:

I will de-rate that inverter to 800w max. Running a 950w drill continuous is a suicide! I from ur sig, u are offgride, next time, be very careful what u put on ur system. U could have just use ur gen for the drill.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hancock(m): 9:11am On May 02, 2020
ojeysky:

It's one of the reason I went for GK 3kva which is half that of MK on idle. That said, idle consumption is not my main concern, it is the load consumption, what's your MK like on say 600w load?

I think its the same 75w consumption under load
Im looking at a screen shot I took some time ago
on the inverter side, the load is 414w while on the battery side the BMS gives a more accurate reading of 488w which is a difference of 74w

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:28am On May 02, 2020
ojeysky:

My 51" LED does about 35w at medium energy saving mode

That's why the "some" is there grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:40am On May 02, 2020
hancock:

I think its the same 75w consumption under load
Im looking at a screen shot I took some time ago
on the inverter side, the load is 414w while on the battery side the BMS gives a more accurate reading of 488w which is a difference of 74w

That's interesting, and this is when your load is on battery and not served by solar or grid? Because I can see from the image that you were not on grid
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hancock(m): 9:42am On May 02, 2020
ojeysky:

That's interesting, and this is when your load is on battery and not served by solar or grid?

Look at the screen shot. Grid watt and PV watt is 0 smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (1686) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Alfaabass123, RickyM, Mcderu(m), ksmart027(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.