Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,156 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (731) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2091837 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) ... (1709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:46am On May 02, 2020
hancock:

Look at the screen shot. Grid watt and PV watt is 0 smiley

Yeah I didn't see the picture before I commented, edited. Okay this is cool then, can't wait for my GK to be back online. Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 10:10am On May 02, 2020
[quote author=Oshomo12 post=89091518]

I will de-rate that inverter to 800w max. Running a 950w drill continuous is a suicide! I from ur sig, u are offgride, next time, be very careful what u put on ur system. U could have just use ur gen for the drill.[/qu

Spoilt? I was guesing something like that but hoping. It was when the thing happned that i thought of it that last time i used it was with gen not inverter directly. Any contact at alaba i can link for it? Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 10:11am On May 02, 2020
hancock:

I think its the same 75w consumption under load
Im looking at a screen shot I took some time ago
on the inverter side, the load is 414w while on the battery side the BMS gives a more accurate reading of 488w which is a difference of 74w

How does someone get this ICC software?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 10:23am On May 02, 2020
omotoda:

The max powwer rating of that inverter is 850W.You have exceeded the power rating and it's spoilt.Just take it to Alaba,it will be fixed.

Hmnn. Isokay o. At this time when our transformer don spoil since 1 year? If i may ask, is it the transformer or IC that is spoilt? There is one of my customers that repair stabilizers, and another one is a lecturer that build local inverter for people. I am looking at any of them to repair faster than going to alaba. The challenge is i am not sure if someone that repairs stab can repair inverter(inverter and stabilizer works on a different principle) and the lecturer may substitute the panel with local and keep the follow come as being useful to him. I am sorry but i have trust issues. I have experienced a lot at the hands of people.
If i give that my friend i have no doubt about him, he wont do any substitution. But the lecturer, if he can diagnose immediately i will know where i stand.
Coud you give me an idea what is spoilt exactly, tranformer, diode, ic etc?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:28am On May 02, 2020
essegis:

How does someone get this ICC software?

https://iccsoftware.co.za/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:36am On May 02, 2020
essegis:

This was installed in a new house I have not yet packed into. Though we have tested it numerously in the early mornings and even with shower, water gets very hot. As for the AC connections I just terminated them, only installed for a future use in case this messes up (though I don't see that happening anymore).

Its rigid, simple and has removed water heating costs from my light bill. I will still give better reviews when I move in and use for a while.

Good to know you're flexing yours ! We share same positive feedback .... Cheer's
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 10:37am On May 02, 2020
Pix 3 is idle(power on) light while pix 4 is (eco)load on. Borh still works as it should if i place the terminals on battery or gen. So if load on light still comes on, why is it not powering load? Im thinking that if the load on light still come on, it should power load but it is not doing that.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:27am On May 02, 2020
Are you in need of durable waterproof 2 in 1 solar connectors~mc4 splitters or three way splitters which also have easy safe pull/detach feature for your photovoltaics installations..... Look no further :

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:39am On May 02, 2020
kiekie1:
High quality 350w ET solar panels , Era , Restar & Jinko mono modules .. Durable Vietnamese 63kg deep cycle batteries now available !

Contact,
081-350-31951

STILL AVAILABLE @ DISCOUNTED PRICE!

High quality 350w ET solar panels , Era , Restar & Jinko mono modules. These pv modules delivers as stated on nameplate. Datasheet also available on request .. Durable Vietnamese 63kg deep cycle batteries now available !

Contact,
081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:51am On May 02, 2020
olaolu11:
Pix 3 is idle(power on) light while pix 4 is (eco)load on. Borh still works as it should if i place the terminals on battery or gen. So if load on light still comes on, why is it not powering load? Im thinking that if the load on light still come on, it should power load but it is not doing that.

Check the mosfets and the relay driver IC. You'll have to open the inverter and remove the powerboard. Look for physical damage on the mosfets (check the mosfets sideways to see if there is any damage). Then check all the diodes and resistors. Check underneath the board to see if there is any sign of burn. It means the board is seeing power but cannot invert. That is a sign of failure of one of the multiple components that make up the board. Next time don't attempt to load up to 80% of the rated capacity of any of these non-premium Indian and Chinese brands. Loading over 100% is just a sure recipe to catastrophic failure.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mjolnir: 1:02pm On May 02, 2020
olaolu11:
My 12v 900vac luminous inverter went off yesterday. I used a 950 watts drill on it. I heard the warning sound shrill so i paused and the sound stopped. I then continued. Within few seconds of use it shrilled again and then went off. I unscrewed it checked the fuses and pressed the tripller and it came on again. But this time the power indicator came on. When i put the inverter on it came on normally but did not show any indication of pushing out any ac power to the house. I have looked but cant see anything burnt or blown in it. I bought fuel and used generator and all lights in the house came on, though i did not test the inverter since i had disconnected it. I will buy fuel and test it with gen this morning. I think i have used the drill in it before without any problem but i cant be too sure.
But in the meanwhile, what could have happened and the solution? Thanks.

Before you go disassembling the inverter, tey this simply first and pray hard..
Disconnect the positive cable from the inverter for 15secs, and reconnect. You may be lucky
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by garbamaza: 3:15pm On May 02, 2020
kiekie1:

STILL AVAILABLE @ DISCOUNTED PRICE!

High quality 350w ET solar panels , Era , Restar & Jinko mono modules. These pv modules delivers as stated on nameplate. Datasheet also available on request .. Durable Vietnamese 63kg deep cycle batteries now available !

Contact,
081-350-31951
What's d price of Era, restar& jinko solar panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 3:37pm On May 02, 2020
Mjolnir:

Before you go disassembling the inverter, tey this simply first and pray hard..
Disconnect the positive cable from the inverter for 15secs, and reconnect. You may be lucky

I don open the inverter tey tey to check( shebi im no work. Las las im go kuku kpeme, abi?). The the fuses are intact, the trippler is intact, i cant seem to observe any burnt ic or diode, and the normal smell of burns is absent. Have tested severally is but same thing is happening. The wires are off the battery.

Thanks. By disconnect, you mean remove the wire from point where it started IN the inverter or just DISCONNECT the positve wire from its terminal point where it joins/ connects the battery. I hope you understand my point.
Ie the red wire has two points(ends) One point starts from inside inverter, and(the other point) ends by joining the battery. Am i to disconnect the point starting fom inside the inverter and wait 15 secs?
Then should it be done while connected to battery ie while it is live. No worry about shock, i don get my fair share. Na 10 years i be when electric current baptize me.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:20pm On May 02, 2020
olaolu11:

I don open the inverter tey tey to check( shebi im no work. Las las im go kuku kpeme, abi?). The the fuses are intact, the trippler is intact, i cant seem to observe any burnt ic or diode, and the normal smell of burns is absent. Have tested severally is but same thing is happening. The wires are off the battery.

Thanks. By disconnect, you mean remove the wire from point where it started IN the inverter or just DISCONNECT the positve wire from its terminal point where it joins/ connects the battery. I hope you understand my point.
Ie the red wire has two points(ends) One point starts from inside inverter, and(the other point) ends by joining the battery. Am i to disconnect the point starting fom inside the inverter and wait 15 secs?
Then should it be done while connected to battery ie while it is live. No worry about shock, i don get my fair share. Na 10 years i be when electric current baptize me.

What he means the OP means is to simply disconnect and reconnect battery terminal (from outside the inverter) and try to power it up.

If you do this and there is still issue, and you've checked and no visible burn or damage to components, it then means that the board has failed or to be precise a component in the board has failed. There are two options, either buy a brand new board (which accounts to about 60% or more of the cost of the inverter) or try to give it to a knowledgeable inverter repair person (definitely not a stabilizer repair man smiley ).

[img]https://media1./images/bdf71e337ee4bae42194a1fdd25c9576/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:03am On May 03, 2020
garbamaza:

What's d price of Era, restar& jinko solar panels.

Hello, below are the available monocrystalline watts for order:

-Jinko 390 watts
-ET 350
-ET 360
-Era 180
-Era 250
-Era 300 "All black"
-Era 300
-Era 330
-Restar 350
-Restar 300
-Restar 270
-Restar 250
-Restar 150
-Restar 100

For enquiry & updated discounted prices , kindly reach us via contact below.. Thanks

Contact,
Call::: 081-350-31951
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 8:03am On May 03, 2020
mctfopt:

Check the mosfets and the relay driver IC. You'll have to open the inverter and remove the powerboard. Look for physical damage on the mosfets (check the mosfets sideways to see if there is any damage). Then check all the diodes and resistors. Check underneath the board to see if there is any sign of burn. It means the board is seeing power but cannot invert. That is a sign of failure of one of the multiple components that make up the board. Next time don't attempt to load up to 80% of the rated capacity of any of these non-premium Indian and Chinese brands. Loading over 100% is just a sure recipe to catastrophic failure.

Thanks. I already opened the inverter and checked even before you suggested it. I went back again as advised but did not find any sign still.

Now I am stuck with no light, no TV, for God knows how long.
How good is this suoer 1000v inverter? And is it modified or pure sine wave. I am thinking of getting that and using pending the time I will get 24v inverter for I have been thinking towards 24v inverter before this fiasco happened.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sureboykris(m): 8:33am On May 03, 2020
Good day.. Please I've 2units 200 amp batteries.
I need inverters. Maybe 2.4kva... I've been seeing charge controller om nairaland. Don't know where to get one or if it's necessary since I don't have solar panels.
Where can I get good products at good price.
Someone should please help
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:37am On May 03, 2020
olaolu11:

Thanks. I already opened the inverter and checked even before you suggested it. I went back again as advised but did not find any sign still.

How good is this suoer 1000v inverter? And is it modified or pure sine wave. I am thinking of getting that and using pending the time I will get 24v inverter for I have been thinking towards 24v inverter before this fiasco happened.

Check here for some info on Suoer

https://www.nairaland.com/684167/inverter-users-lets-experience/87#73868875
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:41am On May 03, 2020
sureboykris:
I need inverters. Maybe 2.4kva... I've been seeing charge controller om nairaland. Don't know where to get one or if it's necessary since I don't have solar panels.

You don't need solar charge controllers if you don't plan to incorporate solar panels into your system. There are so many inverters in the market, just get one that is pure sinewave to avoid issues with modified sinewave inverters. Makes such as Luminous, Sukam, Microtek, etc are fairly ok and mostly pure sinewave. Well done.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 8:45am On May 03, 2020
sureboykris:

Good morning sir. You can check out www.jekitech.com

You may only need an Inverter. Except you have solar panels

or whatsapp or call 08031138665 for sales|delivery and free consultations.( self installation assistance)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 10:53am On May 03, 2020
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 10:55am On May 03, 2020
mctfopt:

What he means the OP means is to simply disconnect and reconnect battery terminal (from outside the inverter) and try to power it up.

If you do this and there is still issue, and you've checked and no visible burn or damage to components, it then means that the board has failed or to be precise a component in the board has failed. There are two options, either buy a brand new board (which accounts to about 60% or more of the cost of the inverter) or try to give it to a knowledgeable inverter repair person (definitely not a stabilizer repair man smiley ).

Lol. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Rhyah(f): 1:12pm On May 03, 2020
olaolu11:

He can link the two by a changeover so he can alternately decide which one to charge but one at a time. I devised that method to charge my new 200ah and old 100ah batteries.
Incidentally, looking at the manual of of any <1000v (less than) inverter, it is recommended not to use higher than 150ah battery. Will post the page later.

So does this mean that one cannot use >150ah battery for a 1kva inverter with a changing current of 15 A ?
Except for increased charging time, what are the other implications, if any?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 2:47pm On May 03, 2020
mctfopt:

just throwing this out here.
i have a standalone 5kva stabilizer, used for the sumo .recently, observed that the stab isnt functioning ok, it simply spits out whatever voltage it receives, so 150v goes in, 150v comes out, however anything below 120v, doesnt go through, opened it and poked around, didnt see any obvious failed component. took it to a repair man, it has been with him for wks, no dice either..........does anyone have experience with this type of stabilizer fault?. its 5kva voltronic stab
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sureboykris(m): 4:14pm On May 03, 2020
mctfopt:

You don't need solar charge controllers if you don't plan to incorporate solar panels into your system. There are so many inverters in the market, just get one that is pure sinewave to avoid issues with modified sinewave inverters. Makes such as Luminous, Sukam, Microtek, etc are fairly ok and mostly pure sinewave. Well done.

Thanks . is it possible to get pure sinewave inverters are hybrid and 2.4kva .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sureboykris(m): 4:16pm On May 03, 2020
unicmarket:

Good morning sir. You can check out www.jekitech.com

You may only need an Inverter. Except you have solar panels

or whatsapp or call 08031138665 for sales|delivery and free consultations.( self installation assistance)

Thanks
Someone told me that charge controllers must be used with every inverter so I've been confused
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sureboykris(m): 4:17pm On May 03, 2020
What I think I need is either a 2.4kva pure sinewave hybrid inverter or a 3.5kva pure sine wave inverter ...
Depending on the price
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 4:19pm On May 03, 2020
olaolu11:

If it’s something like that you are getting; the main issue I saw with it is that, the discharge cut of voltage is too low; and can in the long run destroy your battery I think about 9.5v for a 12v battery

And it seem to over charge for some battery ratings, up to 14.6v or 15v thereabout (absorption charging voltage) which is too high for many battery brands, the Inverter is quite cheap; only that it’s relationship with batteries can be alarming.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 4:22pm On May 03, 2020
sureboykris:

Thanks
Someone told me that charge controllers must be used with every inverter so I've been confused

No sir, most Inverters come with their inbuilt chargers, like this modified sine wave mercury 2.4kva, is all in one; you don’t need a charge controller. Your batteries are safe with it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:26pm On May 03, 2020
sureboykris:

Thanks . is it possible to get pure sinewave inverters are hybrid and 2.4kva .

Of course, just check.

earthrealm:

just throwing this out here.
i have a standalone 5kva stabilizer, used for the sumo .recently, observed that the stab isnt functioning ok, it simply spits out whatever voltage it receives, so 150v goes in, 150v comes out, however anything below 120v, doesnt go through, opened it and poked around, didnt see any obvious failed component. took it to a repair man, it has been with him for wks, no dice either..........does anyone have experience with this type of stabilizer fault?. its 5kva voltronic stab

Looks like a control issue. Can't really say that's the problem. How about trying another repair person if this one has exhausted his knowledge?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 4:29pm On May 03, 2020
Rhyah:

So does this mean that one cannot use >150ah battery for a 1kva inverter with a changing current of 15 A ?
Except for increased charging time, what are the other implications, if any?

Let me answer your question this way.
I removed my "bad" followcome 9ah battery from my generator and used it with the solar panel for TV all through the weekend. I forgot to remove it on Monday and went to work. According to my wife, at about 11:00am noise stated coming from the inverter. She then put on the TV and he noise stopped. I got home at about 4:00pm to see the battery all swollen. What caused it?
The panel charged the battery to full and kept pushing more juice into it. The sound stopped because my wife shifted some of the load to power TV. If she had removed the battery, there won't be problem. I expected it to stop charging automatically when it is full but it did not so the battery got spoilt. I learnt a valuable lesson, don't assume. So I don't underload my panels with battery again.
Maybe the gurus in the house will shed more light. But I believe you can use anything above 80ah. I have used 7ah severally within sun hours to watch TV without any problem. Attached are pix of batteries I have used but which I now use solely for my fan. I believe everything is dependent on your solar array. I installed and used 7ah for light only for my mum with 20watts panel. I still plan to increase same to 40ah-80ah and 100watts-150watts panel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) ... (1709) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: obinna37(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.