Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2049290 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) ... (1684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:32am On Aug 03, 2020
GENUS PRODUCTS PRICELIST LOADING!!!

Tubular batteries:
Genus invomax 200a 12v ....120k
Genus invomax 220a 12v ....125k

Genus Heiwa inverter series:
950va 12v LED ........50k
1625va 12v LED.......85k
1675va 24v LED ......80k
2050va 24v LED ......80k

Genus inverters:
0.9va 12v ........... 60k
875va 12v LCD ...45k
1.5va 12v LED......73k
1.65va 24v ........ ..80k
2kva 24v LCD .......90k
3.5kva 48v ...........230k
5kva 48v ..............450k
5kva 96v .............490k
7.5kva 120v. .......700k
10kva 120v..........800k
10kva 180v...........760k
15kva 240v ..........1.3m
20kva 360v ...........1.5m

All brand new items with standard one year warranty.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:15am On Aug 03, 2020
DURABLE PHOCOS 5000w 48v MPPT HYBRID INVERTER

PRICE: 580,000

For further enquiry & transactions,
Contact,
CALL::: 081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 10:51am On Aug 03, 2020
Anyone has the control board for Outback VFX3648 inverter to sell?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 11:48am On Aug 03, 2020
I need the input if the gurus on something please.I have a 12 volt inverter system connected to 3 units of 105ah ritar batteries that is charged by 640watts solar panel used solely to power my small bruhm freezer (90 litres) occasionally.

I intend to upgrade to a 24volt inverter system but would want to know if I can add a new 100ah battery to the existing 3 units to form 2s2p battery array on the 24 volt inverter.( I intend to increase the panels to 1300 watts also).

The batteries are never discharged below 12.5volts as it is only used occasionally.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 12:21pm On Aug 03, 2020
omotoda:
I need the input if the gurus on something please.I have a 12 volt inverter system connected to 3 units of 105ah ritar batteries that is charged by 640watts solar panel used solely to power my small bruhm freezer (90 litres) occasionally.

I intend to upgrade to a 24volt inverter system but would want to know if I can add a new 100ah battery to the existing 3 units to form 2s2p battery array on the 24 volt inverter.( I intend to increase the panels to 1300 watts also).

The batteries are never discharged below 12.5volts as it is only used occasionally.

I think this will depend on the age of the batteries.

It is not recommended to mix batteries of different ages.

Anyway, wait for more input.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 3:35pm On Aug 03, 2020
omotoda:

Baba, leave your system as it is. If its not broken don't fix it. You have a balanced system from your explanation abeg leave am till it starts giving one issue or another.

Also,dont mix old and new Lead Acid batteries. So is the cash to get 4 new ones worth it?

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 3:54pm On Aug 03, 2020
I second Eleojo23 and Essegis here - as you say you only use this system occasionally to power one single load (freezer) - I reckon the freezer will take worst case 200w per hour when it runs off the batteries or solar - 640w of solar panels should easily power a 200w load, also the C20 discharge rate for 3 units of Ritar 12v 105Ah is about 190w watts per hour so both your PV array and battery bank are already adequate.

As you stated, you only use the system occasionally to power just one freezer so any deficits e.g insufficient solar charging would be easily remedied on subsequent days when the batteries are not being drained by the freezer.

Your system as it stands appears sufficient to meet your needs - doubling PV capacity and adding new batteries is just a waste of resources except there is some info missing e.g there are other loads or the freezer is a power guzzling demon (I once went to a client whose shop had a freezer for keeping icecream fresh and I measured the thing consuming over 1,000watts range for a straight 12 hours sad This was not a huge freezer mind you, just power hungry. The customer wanted an overnight backup system for the freezer for a total of 400k spend - I jejely ran away as the woman refused to understand all my explanation and preaching.

omotoda:

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kaymaxi2222(m): 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2020
I
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 7:30pm On Aug 03, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
I second Eleojo23 and Essegis here - as you say you only use this system occasionally to power one single load (freezer) - I reckon the freezer will take worst case 200w per hour when it runs off the batteries or solar - 640w of solar panels should easily power a 200w load, also the C20 discharge rate for 3 units of Ritar 12v 105Ah is about 190w watts per hour so both your PV array and battery bank are already adequate.

As you stated, you only use the system occasionally to power just one freezer so any deficits e.g insufficient solar charging would be easily remedied on subsequent days when the batteries are not being drained by the freezer.

Your system as it stands appears sufficient to meet your needs - doubling PV capacity and adding new batteries is just a waste of resources except there is some info missing e.g there are other loads or the freezer is a power guzzling demon (I once went to a client whose shop had a freezer for keeping icecream fresh and I measured the thing consuming over 1,000watts range for a straight 12 hours sad This was not a huge freezer mind you, just power hungry. The customer wanted an overnight backup system for the freezer for a total of 400k spend - I jejely ran away as the woman refused to understand all my explanation and preaching.

Thanks for the input.Actually I used to have a mercury inverter 2.4kva 24 volts powering a bigger freezer and my LG fridge only.During this period no solar was connected.However, as bad road wan kill us,we relocated temporarily to my wife's office and moved the big freezer there.The small freezer is just to keep the few items fresh anytime we come for holiday.Somewhere along the line, the mercury got spoilt and I ended up with a 12 volt inverter and 3 batteries. Now as our road don become express ( thanks to Ambode and Sanwoolu) I want to relocate the freezer back but the 12volts(850watts) inverter can't power the big freezer and fridge simultaneously. Since there is no money to just waste,I was thinking buying a 24volts inverter of appropriate capacity ,panels and save cost on batteries by adding just one. If not,I will have to dispose off the batteries and get 2 new units of 12 volts batteries.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2020
Kaymaxi2222:
I have 20 set of 9ah 12v ups batteries for sale. They are all working.
Anyone interested should message me with a good price. Number in my signature
location and pictures
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:38pm On Aug 03, 2020
omotoda:

Thanks for the input.Actually I used to have a mercury inverter 2.4kva 24 volts powering a bigger freezer and my LG fridge only.During this period no solar was connected.However, as bad road wan kill us,we relocated temporarily to my wife's office and moved the big freezer there.The small freezer is just to keep the few items fresh anytime we come for holiday.Somewhere along the line, the mercury got spoilt and I ended up with a 12 volt inverter and 3 batteries. Now as our road don become express ( thanks to Ambode and Sanwoolu) I want to relocate the freezer back but the 12volts(850watts) inverter can't power the big freezer and fridge simultaneously. Since there is no money to just waste,I was thinking buying a 24volts inverter of appropriate capacity ,panels and save cost on batteries by adding just one. If not,I will have to dispose off the batteries and get 2 new units of 12 volts batteries.

I think you should be able to power those two appliances with your 850 watts inverter. 850 watts will sustain a peak of 1700 watts. If you start the freezer first and allow it to settle, you can then start the fridge few moments later. The highest continuous consumption of the two gadgets together shouldn't be more than 250 watts.

The inverter may sustain the two if started at different times, but definitely not if started simultaneously.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:32pm On Aug 03, 2020
ceaser:

I think you should be able to power those two appliances with your 850 watts inverter. 850 watts will sustain a peak of 1700 watts. If you start the freezer first and allow it to settle, you can then start the fridge few moments later. The highest continuous consumption of the two gadgets together shouldn't be more than 250 watts.

The inverter may sustain the two if started at different times, but definitely not if started simultaneously.

That could work initially but as time goes one it won't; the compressor comes on and off periodically hence the surge on both may occur at the same time.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Brasidas5: 10:54pm On Aug 03, 2020
Hello all, I really don’t know much about inverter but need to make an inquiry, please like how much can I get a 12v inverter ? I was asked to buy this but need to have an estimation before going into the market . Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 10:55pm On Aug 03, 2020
ojeysky:

That could work initially but as time goes one it won't; the compressor comes on and off periodically hence the surge on both may occur at the same time.

True. Didn't think of that.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kaymaxi2222(m): 4:31am On Aug 04, 2020
obinna37:
location and pictures
location is yaba

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Deluxe8000(m): 5:28am On Aug 04, 2020
People need less premium batteries(china) that can deliver for reasonable years. Having those brand names will be a welcomed development from our seasoned installers.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 5:53am On Aug 04, 2020
DISCOUNTED BATTERY PRICE!!!

USA Deka 210a 12v battery ...... 209,000 per unit, 205,000 (4 units above)

Quanta 200a 12v battery ....... 147,000 per unit , 145,000 (4 units above)

USA Trojan 315s 6v battery..............175,000
USA Trojan 205a 12v battery .......... 190,000
USA Trojan 170a 12v flooded battery....110,000
Foresolar 12v 250a agm battery.... 110,000
SMS 100a 12v AGM battery ............ 50,000
SMS 200a 12v AGM battery .............92,000
SMS 200a 12v 60kg AGM battery .......103,000
Vietnamese 200a 12v agm battery ... offloading soon
Vietnamese 200a 12v vrga battery ... Offloading soon

All items comes with standard company warranty !

Contact for enquiry & orders,
Call:: 081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TBrownAuto(m): 9:23am On Aug 04, 2020
Most of those called premium battery some are not worth it, some you are just paying money for the brand name, the battery itself is rubbish, the country of manufacture those not matter, china, korea, usa, yes, what matter most if you can see the number of cycle of the battery in the manual or on the battery, that is the real life time of the battery, forget brand I learned this the hard way, but if you have money to play with buy name or name of country the battery was made.

To give your battery long life, depend on how you use the battery, each charge and discharge is a cycle, yes some battery are 250 cycle some 300cycle, don't be deceive by the float life of the battery you see 20 or 15yr, what you should be worry about is cycle times, yet the seller has there problem too, they buy battery with low cycle life and put it in a carton of premium brand with high cycle, they call it baptism or they buy kunle battery and tell the company not to brand it kunle battery, then import to Nigeria, at there warehouse they print all sort of quality battery name on they real kunle battery and sell for quality battery price.

buy unbranded battery, name not popular they are cheap and will last you 10 to 12 month, if you use the cycle properly they will last 18month value for your money, more so buying 150ah is better than 200ah, my reason 150ah is cheaper in price, you will get 2x150ah for the price of 1 200ah, that is 300ah for the price of 1 200ah, to me 200ah is better when you want to sell scrap.

Buy unbranded battery brand new with the way we use inverter in this country i bet the best you can get from any battery is 10 month to 18 month.

Deluxe8000:
People need less premium batteries(china) that can deliver for reasonable years. Having those brand names will be a welcomed development from our seasoned installers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by godspeed: 11:49am On Aug 04, 2020
Hello house,

So I decided to do a minor upgrade to my setup.

My previous setup was 2* 250 watts solar panels (poly)
1 tubular battery 220 amps
1 kva (12v) inverter
30/40 amps MPPT CC

I have note upgraded to:

Added 2 *300 watts solar panels (mono)
Changed my battery to 2* 200 amps deep cycle
Changed my inverter to 2.5kva 24 volts
My CC remains unchanged.

All the solar panels are connected in parallel (24 volts each.

Now the mystery.

Since I upgraded last week, my harvest has gone down so considerably.

Under my previous setup, I was harvesting btw 80-90 amps daily but since I've upgraded, the max I've harvested is 25 amps(really?) and the sun has been shining.

I'm really so confused. I hv called the installer and he promised to come check by weekend but before he comes, I want to know exactly what the problem could be cos he himself sounded confused.

I hv been looking at my MPPT CC. I changed the battery settings from flooded to solid(dunno if this is correct) to see if there will be changes. I'll check when I get home In the evening.

Pls help
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2020
omotoda:

Durability and quality bro. Let me share a personal experience with you.At some point
in 2019April (precisely)I bought 2 units of 200ah AGM battery at Alaba for 72k each while the reputable Indian brands were going for 120k each.

The battery lasted only 9 months.You can't compare a Quanta battery of 150k each with a battery of 85k.Good value comes at a premium!!

Although another school of thought will insist the 85k China batteries will serve you well if hooked up with panels but I haven't verified that sha!!!

Interesting expose.

The ones you bought for 72k, how did you manage it? Did you abide by the golden rule of not draining the batteries below 50% at any one time?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Interesting expose.

The ones you bought for 72k, how did you manage it? Did you abide by the golden rule of not draining the batteries below 50% at any one time?

My brother you will notice I have not said anything on the matter again.I never discharge my batteries up to 50%.Before I replaced it,I was using fullriver batteries which lasted more than 3 years under similar conditions!!

I have colleagues who have similar experiences with all these elcheapo batteries.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2020
Kaymaxi2222:
location is yaba
mr,.man this is 7ah

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
Call/Watsapp us on 08066332919

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2020
omotoda:

My brother you will notice I have not said anything on the matter again.I never discharge my batteries up to 50%.Before I replaced it,I was using fullriver batteries which lasted more than 3 years under similar conditions!!

I have colleagues who have similar experiences with all these elcheapo batteries.

Some knowledge below on Lead acid battery use and management.
Hope it helps someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Rnn0-pkCw&pp=wgIECgIIAQ%3D%3D&feature=push-sd&attr_tag=HeJYx2va5zXgZ9en%3A6
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2020
godspeed:
Hello house,

1 kva (12v) inverter
30/40 amps MPPT CC

I have note upgraded to:

My CC remains unchanged.

Now the mystery.

Under my previous setup, I was harvesting btw 80-90 amps daily but since I've upgraded, the max I've harvested is 25 amps(really?) and the sun has been shining.

I'm really so confused. I hv called the installer and he promised to come check by weekend but before he comes, I want to know exactly what the problem could be cos he himself sounded confused.

I hv been looking at my MPPT CC. I changed the battery settings from flooded to solid(dunno if this is correct) to see if there will be changes. I'll check when I get home In the evening.

Pls help

Baba, you dey harvest 80-90A from a 30A CC? That side weak me oo. Though I have seen panels on this platform performing wonders I don't know whether this your CC follow join.

Anyway, as for the 25A you're getting now, it is well within the rating of your CC & I believe its good enough considering your set up. One quick knowledge to always put in mind is a particular set up will only give you half the charge current if you double the system voltage. I hope I'm correct sha and I hope you understand.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
What brand of MPPT are you using please? I ask because you said it has a setting for 'solid' batteries.

Two things are happening here

1) Understanding what *amps* really represent - whenever anyone gives you an amp reading, you must immediately ask - at what voltage please

So 80amps in a 12v nominal system is approximately 40amps in a 24v nominal system - Your daily solar harvest should be measured in either watts or rounded to KWatts or measured in Amp-Hour equivalent So most likely your CC was showing 80amp hours at 12v which works out to about 40amp hours at 24v nominal - your 25amp hour observation is more like 50amp hours if converted to 12v. equivalent.

2) To the crux of the matter - an MPPT CC requires some voltage headroom to work - when you were running 12v nominal battery setup and using 250w 24v nominal panels, you had sufficient voltage headroom for the MPPT to work with. Now that you have moved to 24v nominal battery system, you must reconfigure your panels to be 2 panels in series so that there is sufficient voltage headroom for the MPPT's buck converter to work with.

Put the two units 250w panels together in series, do thesame for the 300w and then combine the free cable ends into a combiner box or cable going to the CC.

As you mixed 250w and 300w panels, you may find your PV output capped as if you had only four units of 250w panels but that should be okay for you. You may want to phase out the smaller panels with future upgrades so you can fully utilise ur PV capacity.

Lastly, beware of changing settings without knowing what they do or how exactly the change would help your situation - 1 day of overcharging may be sufficient to do serious damage to your batteries. I have seen a DIYer kill 2 brand new batteries because he upgraded to 24v and left his charger at 12v nominal. Sad loss but nothing could be done for him.

godspeed:
Hello house,

1 kva (12v) inverter
30/40 amps MPPT CC

I have note upgraded to:

My CC remains unchanged.

Now the mystery.

Pls help

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by godspeed: 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
essegis:

Baba, you dey harvest 80-90A from a 30A CC? That side weak me oo. Though I have seen panels on this platform performing wonders I don't know whether this your CC follow join.

Anyway, as for the 25A you're getting now, it is well within the rating of your CC & I believe its good enough considering your set up. One quick knowledge to always put in mind is a particular set up will only give you half the charge current if you double the system voltage. I hope I'm correct sha and I hope you understand.

Thanks man.

The 80 - 90 amps I talked about is the total daily power generated (often expressed in kWh on this thread, but my CC records in AH) not the instantaneous amps harvest while the sun is shining.

For the previous set up, the instantaneous harvest could be as high as 16 amps sometimes but in the new setup, the max I've ever observed is 8 amps.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2020
TBrownAuto:
Most of those called premium battery some are not worth it, some you are just paying money for the brand name, the battery itself is rubbish, the country of manufacture those not matter, china, korea, usa, yes, what matter most if you can see the number of cycle of the battery in the manual or on the battery, that is the real life time of the battery, forget brand I learned this the hard way, but if you have money to play with buy name or name of country the battery was made.

To give your battery long life, depend on how you use the battery, each charge and discharge is a cycle, yes some battery are 250 cycle some 300cycle, don't be deceive by the float life of the battery you see 20 or 15yr, what you should be worry about is cycle times, yet the seller has there problem too, they buy battery with low cycle life and put it in a carton of premium brand with high cycle, they call it baptism or they buy kunle battery and tell the company not to brand it kunle battery, then import to Nigeria, at there warehouse they print all sort of quality battery name on they real kunle battery and sell for quality battery price.

buy unbranded battery, name not popular they are cheap and will last you 10 to 12 month, if you use the cycle properly they will last 18month value for your money, more so buying 150ah is better than 200ah, my reason 150ah is cheaper in price, you will get 2x150ah for the price of 1 200ah, that is 300ah for the price of 1 200ah, to me 200ah is better when you want to sell scrap.

Buy unbranded battery brand new with the way we use inverter in this country i bet the best you can get from any battery is 10 month to 18 month.

My Ba3s(AGM SMF) are 4years plus as we speak...
There is nothing compared to branded premium Ba3s......
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by godspeed: 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
What brand of MPPT are you using please? I ask because you said it has a setting for 'solid' batteries.

Two things are happening here

1) Understanding what *amps* really represent - whenever anyone gives you an amp reading, you must immediately ask - at what voltage please

So 80amps in a 12v nominal system is approximately 40amps in a 24v nominal system - Your daily solar harvest should be measured in either watts or rounded to KWatts or measured in Amp-Hour equivalent So most likely your CC was showing 80amp hours at 12v which works out to about 40amp hours at 24v nominal - your 25amp hour observation is more like 50amp hours if converted to 12v. equivalent.

2) To the crux of the matter - an MPPT CC requires some voltage headroom to work - when you were running 12v nominal battery setup and using 250w 24v nominal panels, you had sufficient voltage headroom for the MPPT to work with. Now that you have moved to 24v nominal battery system, you must reconfigure your panels to be 2 panels in series so that there is sufficient voltage headroom for the MPPT's buck converter to work with.

Put the two units 250w panels together in series, do thesame for the 300w and then combine the free cable ends into a combiner box or cable going to the CC.

As you mixed 250w and 300w panels, you may find your PV output capped as if you had only four units of 250w panels but that should be okay for you. You may want to phase out the smaller panels with future upgrades so you can fully utilise ur PV capacity.

Lastly, beware of changing settings without knowing what they do or how exactly the change would help your situation - 1 day of overcharging may be sufficient to do serious damage to your batteries. I have seen a DIYer kill 2 brand new batteries because he upgraded to 24v and left his charger at 12v nominal. Sad loss but nothing could be done for him.

Thanks for taking time to give a detailed explanation, I really appreciate.

The CC brand is SRNE.

The battery settings changes from fld to L1 to gel to sld so I believe sld means solid.

About the panels. Like I said up, on my previous setup I was getting up to 16amps instantaneous harvest so somebody on here advised I should get two additional panels that each panels can give a minimum of 6 additional amps thereby increasing my harvest.

The installer that did the upgrade assured me I should be harvesting 200 amps daily now but...

I'll be trying what u suggested and hopefully it works

Pls a quick question. What is the minimum I can discharge the battery to in terms of voltage to keep the batteries healthy?

PS
The panels are rated 24 volts each. If I series the panels like u advised, will that not push the output voltage to 48 volts?

I'm not sure my CC can take in 48v but I'll check when I get home
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2020
SLD in that context probably meant "Sealed" Lead Acid.

If your CC is really MPPT it should have no issues taking up to 60v PV input while spitting out a regulated 28.2v or more on the battery side. In any case the manual or sticker label should clearly call out the tolerances.

Though we say 24v nominal, your 250w panels are likely to be putting out something more in the 30-35volts range. I haven't laid hands or eyes on a small panel in a very long time so I really can't remember the specs.

godspeed:

Thanks for taking time to give a detailed explanation, I really appreciate.

The CC brand is SRNE.

The battery settings changes from fld to L1 to gel to sld so I believe sld means solid.

About the panels. Like I said up, on my previous setup I was getting up to 16amps instantaneous harvest so somebody on here advised I should get two additional panels that each panels can give a minimum of 6 additional amps thereby increasing my harvest.

The installer that did the upgrade assured me I should be harvesting 200 amps daily now but...

I'll be trying what u suggested and hopefully it works

Pls a quick question. What is the minimum I can discharge the battery to in terms of voltage to keep the batteries healthy?

PS
The panels are rated 24 volts each. If I series the panels like u advised, will that not push the output voltage to 48 volts?

I'm not sure my CC can take in 48v but I'll check when I get home
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
godspeed:
Hello house,

1 kva (12v) inverter
30/40 amps MPPT CC

I have note upgraded to:

My CC remains unchanged.

Now the mystery.

Pls help

was going to chime in then I saw my oga as responded.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by godspeed: 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
SLD in that context probably meant "Sealed" Lead Acid.

If your CC is really MPPT it should have no issues taking up to 60v PV input while spitting out a regulated 28.2v or more on the battery side. In any case the manual or sticker label should clearly call out the tolerances.

Though we say 24v nominal, your 250w panels are likely to be putting out something more in the 30-35volts range. I haven't laid hands or eyes on a small panel in a very long time so I really can't remember the specs.

Boss this is the label on the CC, I think it can handle 48 volts.

So I might as well go with your suggestion and feed u back.

Gracias

(1) (2) (3) ... (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) ... (1684) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.