Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (814) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2048958 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) ... (1684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by godspeed: 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
bigrovar:

was going to chime in then I saw my oga as responded.

Please what's your advice? I'll like to hear your opinion
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2020
Brasidas5:
Hello all, I really don’t know much about inverter but need to make an inquiry, please like how much can I get a 12v inverter ? I was asked to buy this but need to have an estimation before going into the market . Thanks

12v 850VA transformer based inverter prices ranges from 50k and above.

The transformerless inverter, of same capacity, can be sold at a cost of between 12k to 45k.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kaymaxi2222(m): 6:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
obinna37:
mr,.man this is 7ah
sir i noticed it too though not before i posted it. Plus you don't have to sound that way. If you are not OK with it you can pass..... Abeg i no want trouble
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2020
Kaymaxi2222:
sir i noticed it too though not before i posted it. Plus you don't have to sound that way. If you are not OK with it you can pass..... Abeg i no want trouble
Mr.man go and sit down,you post item for sale,no pic,location, price,with wrong label,you're corrected, still have mouth to talk,if they call u scammer now,that's when your brain will reset.abeg carry your wahala go grin angry

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kaymaxi2222(m): 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2020
obinna37:
Mr.man go and sit down,you post item for sale,no pic,location, price,with wrong label,you're corrected, still have mouth to talk,if they call u scammer now,that's when your brain will reset.abeg carry your wahala go grin angry
ode. Oponu. You cant know the reason for everything and i am not even compel to tell you anything too.... So just carry your misfortune and go away
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2020
[quote author=godspeed post=92444952]Hello house,

Niiyi has covered all.
Switch to 2s2p

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 8:12pm On Aug 04, 2020
Work we did in Aba. Last one we did before this was in 2014. We have come a long way since. Some of you like to copy and claim other peoples work. You know who you are.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
chris81964:
Work we did in Aba. Last one we did before this was in 2014. We have come a long way since. Some of you like to copy and claim other peoples work. You know who you are.

Watermark it to reduce theft grin

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by goldenimp(m): 12:38am On Aug 05, 2020
I am Looking for a Battery Selector Switch in lagos

please where can i buy ? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Brasidas5: 3:06am On Aug 05, 2020
mctfopt:

12v 850VA transformer based inverter prices ranges from 50k and above.

The transformerless inverter, of same capacity, can be sold at a cost of between 12k to 45k.
thanks a lot , any difference between the transformer and transformerless?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:17am On Aug 05, 2020
260w felicity solar panel now available, #35000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

https:///2348168986461?text=

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:19am On Aug 05, 2020
200w sms floodlight still available, #30000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:21am On Aug 05, 2020
200Ah 12v Ritar battery available, #105000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:23am On Aug 05, 2020
60A 12/48v MPPT charge controller available, #70000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:25am On Aug 05, 2020
1000Ah 2v green power battery now available, #95000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:27am On Aug 05, 2020
26inches LG dc television, #30000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by godspeed: 8:22am On Aug 05, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
SLD in that context probably meant "Sealed" Lead Acid.

If your CC is really MPPT it should have no issues taking up to 60v PV input while spitting out a regulated 28.2v or more on the battery side. In any case the manual or sticker label should clearly call out the tolerances.

Though we say 24v nominal, your 250w panels are likely to be putting out something more in the 30-35volts range. I haven't laid hands or eyes on a small panel in a very long time so I really can't remember the specs.

Boss please, one last question.

I'm thinking about going back to the 12 v battery setup - paralleling my two batteries and returning to my 12 v inverter instead of the 24 v inverter.

Will this guarantee more yield?

For the 12v battery setup, do I leave my solar configuration as it is ( 4 panels in parallel) or do I optimize by changing to 2p2s?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:43am On Aug 05, 2020
12v Lifepo4 chargers, balancers, smart BMS and ANT BMS, still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 9:57am On Aug 05, 2020
If you ask me, I will suggest you continue to use your 12V as it is, then set up another system with 24V, solar power etc to be another power source. It is an equivalent of having a small generator and a big generator.

Come closer let me whisper something else to you; for my inverter that I designated to be for fridge, I opted to use car battery for that. The idea is during the day, as long as there is sun my fridge and freezer get powered. That off and on cycling of compressor in my experience takes a toll on most batteries, car batteries are more suited for providing high start up current. When the sun goes down, any extra hours I get (typically two to three hours) is bonus to me. Once that one drains out, I change over to the other inverters. Please do not tell anyone what I just told you, not now that everyone is heading towards lithium.

I personally hate having only one point of failure. One day I will write about my experience with DC house lighting, wind turbine, 2 x 24V system, 2 x 12V system, and how I cycle through them. The one I allow to be used and abused and the ones that I pamper.
It is that system that made me use batteries from 2013 and only had to replace this year. One of the remaining one from the 2013 set is what I have shifted to one of my 12V system, I will use it to its last breath. Talk about sustainability and helping the environment.
godspeed:

Boss please, one last question.

I'm thinking about going back to the 12 v battery setup - paralleling my two batteries and returning to my 12 v inverter instead of the 24 v inverter.

Will this guarantee more yield?

For the 12v battery setup, do I leave my solar configuration as it is ( 4 panels in parallel) or do I optimize by changing to 2p2s?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by godspeed: 10:30am On Aug 05, 2020
ojesymsym:
If you ask me, I will suggest you continue to use your 12V as it is, then set up another system with 24V, solar power etc to be another power source. It is an equivalent of having a small generator and a big generator.

Come closer let me whisper something else to you; for my inverter that I designated to be for fridge, I opted to use car battery for that. The idea is during the day, as long as there is sun my fridge and freezer get powered. That off and on cycling of compressor in my experience takes a toll on most batteries, car batteries are more suited for providing high start up current. When the sun goes down, any extra hours I get (typically two to three hours) is bonus to me. Once that one drains out, I change over to the other inverters. Please do not tell anyone what I just told you, not now that everyone is heading towards lithium.

I personally hate having only one point of failure. One day I will write about my experience with DC house lighting, wind turbine, 2 x 24V system, 2 x 12V system, and how I cycle through them. The one I allow to be used and abused and the ones that I pamper.
It is that system that made me use batteries from 2013 and only had to replace this year. One of the remaining one from the 2013 set is what I have shifted to one of my 12V system, I will use it to its last breath. Talk about sustainability and helping the environment.

Ok sir. I will continue with the 12v setup.
My energy needs are not really that high.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mahkanjuh: 12:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
ojesymsym:

Hey, Boss! Which type of Car battery is that? Please, whisper it into my ears too, I have been thinking of running my freezer during the day only ..........

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
I didn't get 36AH the day I went to the market so settled for 2 x 45AH. If you are talking of product type, dat was not part of my consideration at all. Just wanted a battery system that I can subject to abuse and not feel guilty. A 30k investment is a lot easy on the conscience than 200k, 400k etc.
mahkanjuh:

Hey, Boss! Which type of Car battery is that? Please, whisper it into my ears too, I have been thinking of running my freezer during the day only ..........
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:19pm On Aug 05, 2020
DISCOUNTED BATTERY PRICE!!!

USA Deka 210a 12v battery ...... 205,000 per unit, 200,000 (4 units above)

Quanta 200a 12v battery ....... 147,000 per unit , 145,000 (4 units above)

USA Trojan 315s 6v battery..............175,000
USA Trojan 205a 12v battery .......... 189,000
USA Trojan 170a 12v flooded battery....110,000
Foresolar 12v 250a agm battery.... 110,000
SMS 100a 12v AGM battery ............ 50,000
SMS 200a 12v AGM battery .............92,000
SMS 200a 12v 60kg AGM battery .......103,000
Vietnamese 200a 12v agm battery ... offloading soon
Vietnamese 200a 12v vrga battery ... Offloading soon

All items comes with standard company warranty !

Contact for enquiry & orders,
Smartcell global services
Call:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
ojesymsym:

Come closer let me whisper something else to you.

Aproko cheesy

ojesymsym:

That off and on cycling of compressor in my experience takes a toll on most batteries, car batteries are more suited for providing high start up current. When the sun goes down, any extra hours I get (typically two to three hours) is bonus to me. Once that one drains out, I change over to the other inverters.

ojesymsym:
Please do not tell anyone what I just told you, not now that everyone is heading towards lithium.

So bàbá still dey take style lick small small from lead acid chemistry when I been dey think say na full time lithium man you don be now cheesy

Also about the freezer thingy, I'm getting led to believe that the regular 40% energy saving compressors may be almost as good as the inverter conpressors,; that is of course minus the fact that the latter does not have prohibitive initial surge current. My freezer that is regular compressor is on a 12v system. It is currently seriousssssly frozen inside (with frosts all over even the underside of the lid). With this it seems there is an improvement with consumption. By evening, the battery (12v220ah LFP) is at 13.2v and by 6am in the morning, it at 13.0v or 13.1v. This does not usually happen when the freezer is freshly stocked with items and the freezing will have to be started over; during such periods, the battery is at 12.8v by morning. I don't have a wattmeter in-line, so this is anecdotal evidence at best.

This seems to be the whole concept behind inverter freezer too; that is, when appropriate temperature is reached and maintained for long time, consumption drops significantly.

My recently purchased inverter freezer is on a 24v system (24v100ah LFP) and I have not gotten enough comprehensive observation fit enough to file the report to this noble thread. It has held my wattmeter hostage since and so far, I have not observed that "breathtaking drop" in consumption when freezing temperatures are reached. Because of poor solar insolation at this time, the LVD device switches it off at around 5 am when the battery voltage reaches 24.2v and comes online at around 9am, so maybe I will still hold on the full comparison with the 24/7 always on non-inverter freezer for now.

ojesymsym:

I think I'm about getting tired of 12v system. I have advantages, in fact many, from it part of which is that I have not had a single burnt out bulb for the past 4 years. This I believe is because I use limiting resistors at the point of entry to each bulb to reduce the in-flow voltage and by extension the inflow current into the bulb, less than the specs of the bulb. What this effectively does is that it reduces the lumen/brightness lightly but I also get to preserve the life of the LED chips for longer because they get less hot and degrade less faster. I haven't even had to change any.

On the contrary, a few points that had external LED drivers connected to them have actually reduced in brightness over the years. I'm yet to determine if the reduced brightness is due to degrading external LED drivers or the degrading LED chip.

Now the reason I'm thinking the idea of changing my lights to AC is that the wires for the DC connection is too much and clumsy; there is too much joining and branching in the ceiling wherease the electrician-installed AC wires are redundant and much neatly channelled thru the conduit pipes. I have in recent times have much excess unused power from the inverter such that I'm thinking of putting the light points on them.

Modified: Sorry, I thought I was addressing Ojeysky the whole time, on the "Lead acid licking" accusation cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2020
lol... Immediately I saw that Lithium accusation i knew it was a case of mistaken identity. When I was about replacing my batteries, I considered briefly if I should go the LFP route until I reminded myself that I successly used my battery set for more than 5 years and did not see the need for now to tied down that amount of money.

I have been waiting for your report on the inverter freezer also as I am undecided if I should go the route of DC fridge as a standalone or an energy efficient fridge.

Justmanuel has been adverting a DC Bora freezer, I wonder if anyone has tried. sundazer and other very high range DC freezers do not appeal to me that much at the moment. Also there is the felicity hybrid freezer also, anyone has any experience with them?
ceaser:

Modified: Sorry, I thought I was addressing Ojeysky the whole time, on the "Lead acid licking" accusation cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mjolnir: 2:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
ojesymsym:
If you ask me, I

Come closer let me whisper something else to you; for my inverter that I designated to be for fridge, I opted to use car battery for that. The idea is during the day, as long as there is sun my fridge and freezer get powered. That off and on cycling of compressor in my experience takes a toll on most batteries, car batteries are more suited for providing high start up current.

hmmmm, you settled for car battery cos of cost, or you truly believe the surge issssh?
if based on slight savings in cost, deep cycle vs car battery, but unless you are running a high wattage fridge, i think the surge is neglible. say a 150w fridge will surge to 900w at startup. @12v, this is about 75amps, which is well within the territory of deep cycle battery, a car starter needs upto 400 to 700amps at start up, if your device has such hefty requirements..then would i buy into your theory....

in other forums i belong to, RV owners and campers, swap out their car batteries to deep cycle, cos of its ability to power their loads without flinching

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 2:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
Most surges are about 3-5x of rated power, no I do not consider it high watts freezer. I also consider the fact that compressors come on and off at random. If that battery dies, I wont be bothered. Also like I said, that is not really my main inverter, it is mostly dedicated to afternoon loads, freezer and fridge that I want the sun to be the one really powering.
As per bolded, yes, I reckon they do that because they also use the batteries when camping. Different scenario if you ask me.

Mjolnir:

hmmmm, you settled for car battery cos of cost, or you truly believe the surge issssh?
if based on slight savings in cost, deep cycle vs car battery, but unless you are running a high wattage fridge, i think the surge is neglible. say a 150w fridge will surge to 900w at startup. @12v, this is about 75amps, which is well within the territory of deep cycle battery, a car starter needs upto 400 to 700amps at start up, if your device has such hefty requirements..then would i buy into your theory....

in other forums i belong to, RV owners and campers, swap out their car batteries to deep cycle, cos of its ability to power their loads without flinching
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 3:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
ceaser:

Also about the freezer thingy, I'm getting led to believe that the regular 40% energy saving compressors may be almost as good as the inverter conpressors,; that is of course minus the fact that the latter does not have prohibitive initial surge current. My freezer that is regular compressor is on a 12v system. It is currently seriousssssly frozen inside (with frosts all over even the underside of the lid). With this it seems there is an improvement with consumption. By evening, the battery (12v220ah LFP) is at 13.2v and by 6am in the morning, it at 13.0v or 13.1v. This does not usually happen when the freezer is freshly stocked with items and the freezing will have to be started over; during such periods, the battery is at 12.8v by morning. I don't have a wattmeter in-line, so this is anecdotal evidence at best.

This seems to be the whole concept behind inverter freezer too; that is, when appropriate temperature is reached and maintained for long time, consumption drops significantly.

I think I share your perception when it comes to this inverter technology business. My 40% efficient freezer to me does far as in far better than the inverter fridge. I've not been able to talk much since cos for one fridge vs freezer, ratings are different (even though I think both are the biggest in their category), brands are different and I have not done any official test. But the inverter dey enjoy when only freezer dey on top as against when fridge is on top.

I think I'm about getting tired of 12v system. I have advantages, in fact many, from it part of which is that I have not had a single burnt out bulb for the past 4 years. This I believe is because I use limiting resistors at the point of entry to each bulb to reduce the in-flow voltage and by extension the inflow current into the bulb, less than the specs of the bulb. What this effectively does is that it reduces the lumen/brightness lightly but I also get to preserve the life of the LED chips for longer because they get less hot and degrade less faster. I haven't even had to change any.

I maintained my 12v system when I upgraded my overall system not so long ago. Using it to run the above said fridge, freezer and security lights. The issue that I've always been running from has been finding an acceptable means to charge a 12v system. Presently on LFP my conventional charge is not enough to float it in the day. 12v system demands too much when it comes to charging and even their CC ratings are so small you have to add multiple CC to be able to get anything appreciable. Whereas you can put more than 15 solar panels on one 48v CC you will need nothing less that 5 12v CC to be able to achieve same.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2020
Brasidas5:
thanks a lot , any difference between the transformer and transformerless?

One has transformer and the other does not have transformer. Both has advantages as well as disadvantages. Transformers add layer of impedance to your system that assists in protecting you from voltage surges. Isolation transformers are sometimes introduced into systems to reduce the fault current in AC power systems. The system will be “stiffer” by removing the transformer (respond quicker to changes in voltage), for both good and ill.

That said, in a power supply, the reduction of an element that can fail and the elimination of source of losses (no transformer makes it more efficient as the transformerless inverter usually have lower self current draw).

But in most low end and cheap inverters, the transformerless inverters are usually inferior compared to the transformer type.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
chris81964:

Ahh who provoke my oga.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 8:30am On Aug 06, 2020
zeestone99:

Ahh who provoke my oga.
He sabi himself. Check him whatsapp status pictures. When you confront him he will say it was an old picture

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) ... (1684) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: hayo15(m), Ferdiwar, salmaz(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.