Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697833 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2017
Lagos to New york

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Coloniel5000(m): 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
Am surprised as to some universities in the US not demanding for application fee. Would it be right to conclude that they are low ranked universities or is a measure put in place to attract students?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MrChillz(m): 8:58pm On Jul 28, 2017
Coloniel5000:
Am surprised as to some universities in the US not demanding for application fee. Would it be right to conclude that they are low ranked universities or is a measure put in place to attract students?

Michigan tech waives app fee and it is ranked among top 120 schools( national ranking) by US news.
In my opinion, waiving app fees is a measure to attract a lot of applicants thus increasing the application pool. Since the number of students the school can admit is not dependent on the number of applications received, the school acceptance rate increases leading to an increase in ranking.
I may be wrong tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NefT: 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
While filling this new DS160 what do I say to the question, have you ever been refused admission to the US or withdrawn your application at the point of entry? I am asking cause I was delayed this week. This is urgent please, I am on the form right now..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Levels731: 9:22pm On Jul 28, 2017
Levels731:
Hello guys, do I need to get an international drivers license here in Nigeria before traveling to US

Am making last minute arrangements and I don't want to leave any important document behind. Please I need answers

Please can anyone help me with an answer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NefT: 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2017
NefT:
While filling this new DS160 what do I say to the question, have you ever been refused admission to the US or withdrawn your application at the point of entry? I am asking cause I was delayed this week. This is urgent please, I am on the form right now..

If I should say Yes, what reasons am I expected to give in the field provide? Someone should please advice..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MrChillz(m): 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MrChillz(m): 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
NefT:

Read it well. It doesn't apply to you.

The question seeks to find out if you've been turned back at the point of entry while seeking admittance into the United States.

Seeing that you don't have a visa yet, it doesn't apply to you. Unless you've been turned back at POE. So the question is, have you?

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mjksho(m): 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2017
easykay011:
Hello everyone! I wrote GRE last year I scored 149 in Verbal nd 150 in quantitative. Can I use it to apply to grad school? I have a cgpa of 3.37/4.0 in Biochemistry. Scored 94 in TOEFL (without Scoring less than 20 in any).
What's my chance of gaining admission? The annoying most of these schools do not even write their minimum GRE scores required on their websites.

First of all, no one here can tell you your chance of getting into a school. Direct this question to the grad coordinator of your program. He/she will be able to tell you what the average stats of their incoming students look like.

2. The requirements of each school and program are different. Ask the coordinator or any professor in the department about the score requirement of they are not published online.

3. Yes. You can apply to graduate school with those scores. But then, see number 1.

Cheers!

Edit: Apparently, someone else has answered this. I never knew at the time of writing this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sirhamilton(m): 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2017
Good luck to anyone taking the TOEFL tomorrow!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mjksho(m): 9:39pm On Jul 28, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
NefT:

Refused admission or entry to the US is different from refused visa...... so your answer is NO

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Levels731: 10:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
Levels731:
Hello guys, do I need to get an international drivers license here in Nigeria before traveling to US

Am making last minute arrangements and I don't want to leave any important document behind. Please I need answers

Please am still waiting for response from any good Samaritan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
good evening good people of nairaland, my daddy recommended upper Iowa university to me which I found interesting and I got admitted for MBA, I applied to a sch. what if m asked at the interview, how many schs do I applied to, what can I say? can I say 3 or I considered 3 schools but apply to one?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NefT: 10:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
After 10minutes time out, I have not been able to login into d DS160 form to complete, it keeps telling me security question is incorrect, what could be responsible for this, this is really frustrating. Someone pls help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
good evening good people of nairaland, my daddy recommended upper Iowa university to me which I found interesting and I got admitted for MBA, I applied to a sch. what if m asked at the interview, how many schs do I applied to, what can I say? can I say 3 or I considered 3 schools but
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
Levels731:

In the US sometimes you can not answer with on response because different states can have slightly different rules ..... some states can accept this temporarily others wont.... at the end of the day the focus should be getting your U.S. valid driver's license.

For international drivers license i would say . What state will u be based then we can check if it stated online if its allowed . Tried to check your previous posts but one minute you mention Illinois then next you calling Florida
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NefT: 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
NefT:
After 10minutes time out, I have not been able to login into d DS160 form to complete, it keeps telling me security question is incorrect, what could be responsible for this, this is really frustrating. Someone pls help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sharles: 10:41pm On Jul 28, 2017
Pls house i have a question. Can someone use a fixed deposit account for account statement. The money has been in the account for over 6months. No inflow no outflow. Based on that money have been saved for the purpose of paying graduate fees.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ardedaryor(m): 10:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
blacnewton:
I arrived USA yesterday.
Thanks to God for the safe trip, all the best bro

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by joshtune: 10:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
Please anyone heading to 'Prairie View A&M University' ? its in Texas. Your help is highly needed...thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chinemomah2020(m): 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Well not to bad mouth my precious country....but Nigeria is not an organise society and there is a lot of extortion going on sadly ..although there still are a lot of good and trust worthy Nigerians

As for why you were not given the 2 months initally... sure in order to make you pay twice. Is that right nope but it does happen in this side of the world. We have a missing president and we are a developing nation so please bear with us cheesy . I get headache after a week in naija . For answers to your questions, someone in your team needs to liaison with nigerian or US immigration services. That the best source to respond

Laughhh grin Madam i dey always gbadun your comments all the time, i guess you must be an efico during your school days.. @bolded get me laughing continuously for 5mins.. May God bless you for your goods works on these thread.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by emmayodata(m): 11:15pm On Jul 28, 2017
MrChillz:

Yes it will. You'll then have to update your profile with the new confirmation code.
Thanks I'll try.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chinemomah2020(m): 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

Quit this chest beating and ignorant attitude.
Government issued ID's whether a passport or DL cannot be applied for legally using proxys, third party or agent. Your mum did not do right.Shikena!

So when others are trying to " cheat" the system to get to the USA (totally inappropriate too) don't always be the first to cast a sanctimonious stone

Am sorry to say, there is no point in what you are saying.. Don't be too forward to judge. just take your time and read her comment, except maybe you don"t understand English my 2cent.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by joshtune: 11:22pm On Jul 28, 2017
joshtune:
Please anyone heading to 'Prairie View A&M University' ? its in Texas. Your help is highly needed...thanks

please anyone going or there already?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by luzon: 11:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
emmayodata:
please everyone in the house, I need your help.
After paying my visa fee, I went to ds160 site to generate an application id, answered a security question and left the site. I used this detail (my application id) to schedule my visa appointment. Now coming back to ds-160 site to complete my form I was told to provide the first 5 digits of my surname and my year of birth as part of my security answers which was not required as at then and I didn't even fill anything on that page. My interview comes up on 1st August. Please and please help a brother here.
cc:
Justwise
walspring
texrem
lagosismyhome.

If it happened today there isn't much you can do aside rescheduling your appointment. Because it takes 3 working days to recognise a profile update. But when rescheduling ensure you are careful as that is your last chance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mudi1012: 11:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
Yes it will be better for you to get an international drivers license before traveling to the US ...A friend of mine advised me to get one as well before leaving Nigeria
Levels731:

Please can anyone help me with an answer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OluDare01(m): 11:54pm On Jul 28, 2017
mudi1012:
Yes it will be better for you to get an international drivers license before traveling to the US ...A friend of mine advised me to get one as well before leaving Nigeria
And can you please tell me why it is better?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Vicktor18: 12:00am On Jul 29, 2017
MrChillz:

Read it well. It doesn't apply to you.

The question seeks to find out if you've been turned back at the point of entry while seeking admittance into the United States.

Seeing that you don't have a visa yet, it doesn't apply to you. Unless you've been turned back at POE. So the question is, have you?
what are the reasons do they turn u back at POE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folakemmmi(f): 12:00am On Jul 29, 2017
mudi1012:
Levels731 Yes it will be better for you to get an international drivers license before traveling to the US ...A friend of mine advised me to get one as well before leaving Nigeria
Before you waste your money, make sure the state you are going to will accept international drivers license. Check with the motor vehicle department of each state you will drive in for its requirements. Not all states accept this. Some states will require that, in addition to a valid license from Nigeria. Additionally states like New york will require your license + a simple exam to get an american license so international license is not that important. In some states like North Carolina If you don't plan to buy a car soon, getting a license shouldn't be important on your financial priority list because you will need to show proof of valid vehicle insurance before you can get a license except you want the restricted license which allows you to drive ONLY rental cars. Just find out details about all this in the state you are going too, each state different rules.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Akin26: 12:29am On Jul 29, 2017
demmyface:

yeah yeah you can say that again teamorganstateuni. Thanks.............................. when are you traveling?

Am thinking 14th but i have not concluded yet. ....am trying to reply your mail but every time its failure notice..we need to yarn ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 12:38am On Jul 29, 2017
NefT:

You didn't even bother to acknowledge the responses to your first question or at least thank those who took time to answer... you simply plumbed to your next question. Don't be surprised that most folks simply ignored it. Can you do anything for yourself?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.