Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (703090 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cosade(m): 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
NefT:
Urgent!
Someone should help me with the US consulate number, I actually called this number; +234 14603400 and was asked to call this number 014406218. I called the number but to no avail. Does anyone know the number I could call so that my new DS160 form is updated at their end before my interview scheduled for wednesday. This is urgent before they close for the day.

You updated your profile in the appointment portal with the new DS160 barcode yesterday so you don't need to worry yourself. I have done this a day to my interview before and I had no issue. Ensure you print a new appointment confirmation after updating your profile with the new barcode.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sayilousnwa: 9:02pm On Aug 07, 2017
[color=]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sayilousnwa: 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2017
[quote author=cosade post=59247401]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sayilousnwa: 9:11pm On Aug 07, 2017
[color=#]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sayilousnwa: 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2017
[q]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cosade(m): 9:25pm On Aug 07, 2017
sayilousnwa:
[color=#006600]

Thanks for the correction Bro, I so much appreciate, I promise to take that off my transcript then. but go down you will see a full transcript which I prepared please, just feel free to bold on the things not required and then correct me as soon as possible please

I don't really believe in following a script before interview because one can easily get derailed when the questions are not coming in the expected order or are rephrased.

You should rather learn how to respond to interview questions. You should be confident, audible, truthful and exhibit eye-to-eye contact etc. Truth is constant so your answers will always be same, even if the same question is rephrased.

Back to your script. You laid two much emphasis on your in-law rather the organisation you work for. Even if your in-law owns the company 100% you should be talking about the company. VOs don't usually ask for documents but be prepared to back up your claims of working for this company with documents such as letter of employment, pay slips, sponsorship letter from the company, company's bank statements etc.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 07, 2017
Hello sayilousnwa -

You should give whatever answer is true. Out of the thousands of Universities in the United States, you chose to apply to that one. You must have had some reason to do so. What was the reason? We aren't looking for a magic specific answer to the questions we ask. We are trying to determine if you are a legitimate student or not. Each student has his or her own motivations. Tell us what yours are.

sayilousnwa:

Please what can one say in place of Best Business Schools in the states? feel free to correct me and tell me what best suits the sentence okay as I want to learn from you okay. thanks Lagosismyhome

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sayilousnwa: 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2017
[.[/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by BigBUMBUM: 10:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
my school says my visa number is not showing on sevis that i should send them a picture of it to ensure that everything is okay
is this normal?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sayilousnwa: 10:20pm On Aug 07, 2017
[/wcolor]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sobastical: 10:32pm On Aug 07, 2017
BigBUMBUM:
my school says my visa number is not showing on sevis that i should send them a picture of it to ensure that everything is okay
is this normal?

Not normal to me
it's either the school is the problem or they've some glitch to resolve. But this whole thing is not normal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:43pm On Aug 07, 2017
BigBUMBUM:
is this normal?

Hummm you keep asking questions but dont give back by sharing your transcript. ....imagine if everyone did that

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fodio84: 10:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
Nairalanders I don't know if this question is for this room, pls kindly attend to it, I am a family man with 2 kids, presently i work with a micro finance institute, I intend to travel to US with a vocational training program for like 3-6 months and am sponsoring myself for the training, do I have a chance of securing? Pls ask me questions. 07038157418. Thanks for d response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by BigBUMBUM: 10:53pm On Aug 07, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Hummm you keep asking questions but dont give back by sharing your transcript. ....imagine if everyone did that
is this place only about visa related issues and solutions only? i got my visa long b4 coming here and to be honest i cant remember the scenario sef
i can give back other means and not neccessary sharing of transcript No offence
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sobastical: 11:07pm On Aug 07, 2017
Fodio84:
Nairalanders I don't know if this question is for this room, pls kindly attend to it, I am a family man with 2 kids, presently i work with a micro finance institute, I intend to travel to US with a vocational training program for like 3-6 months and am sponsoring myself for the training, do I have a chance of securing? Pls ask me questions. 07038157418. Thanks for d response

You should sort out things with the school you're gonna be having your training with and discuss with after necessary arrangements make then you can begin plan for visa. But there's a sister thread for that though

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sobastical: 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2017
BigBUMBUM:
is this place only about visa related issues and solutions only? i got my visa long b4 coming here and to be honest i cant remember the scenario sef
i can give back other means and not neccessary sharing of transcript No offence
That's understandable now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fodio84: 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2017
DeeTus:
Vocational training on what?
Business and Information Technology
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fodio84: 11:10pm On Aug 07, 2017
iekene:

PM Me..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by iekene(m): 11:19pm On Aug 07, 2017
OGreene:
Sha buy one grin

Very Soon..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Moshood0090: 11:50pm On Aug 07, 2017
masxfoster200:

bro, i would like to chat with you one on one.... those 2 schools are my preffered choices
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by fisayoprisca: 12:23am On Aug 08, 2017
My former visa appointment page is still on with my former DS-160 application code, please, how long will it take for it to change? Or how should I go about it because I would like to schedule another appointment this week. Thank you very much. I hope to hear from you. And also I would like to request @LagosismyHome to help me with a mock interview. Thank you very much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by fisayoprisca: 12:26am On Aug 08, 2017
Emmyirab:
Hello. I got denied today, I'm applying again.
I just filled another DS160. I tried booking an appointment, but my previous application is still on the dash board.
My question is- will it go away soon? and how soon, cos I need to refire asap.
Anyone pls help
@Emmyirab, please have you been able to schedule an appointment? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by pandamonium: 12:48am On Aug 08, 2017
Greeting great house and congrats to those who are about leaving for the US.

Please I have a few things I need the experts to clarify for me.

I have gained admission for Spring 2018 in a University and their Cost of attendance is about $18k. However, that is not my 1st Choice school. If after securing my visa and traveling to the US, and I get admission into my more preferred university for Fall 2018 which offer GA and tuition waiver, can I do a transfer? And if yes, do I have to return immediately to Nigeria or I can chill in the states till I can resume in my preferred institution?

Please what are the chances that I wouldn't be out of status?

Walspring, Lagosismyhome, imperioux, justwise, lagosniv, iekene
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by YorubaNigga(m): 3:01am On Aug 08, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello sayilousnwa -

You should give whatever answer is true. Out of the thousands of Universities in the United States, you chose to apply to that one. You must have had some reason to do so. What was the reason? We aren't looking for a magic specific answer to the questions we ask. We are trying to determine if you are a legitimate student or not. Each student has his or her own motivations. Tell us what yours are.

Dear VO,
Why is it that VOs treat F-1 visa applicants decision equally just as B1-B2 in Nigeria, whereas in other countries an F-1 visa applicant has 85% assurance of getting a student visa?
shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 3:04am On Aug 08, 2017
sayilousnwa:
Please to this noble house, I really want you guys to vert my transcript which I intend pouring out to the VO soon, I have asked God for just these questions. I believe that my prayers would be answered. Here I go

Sai: Good Morning Ma
VO: Good morning.
Sai: How was you night?
VO: Very well thank you and yours?
Sai: Good.
VO: Pass me your documents.
Sai: Here they are.
VO: Where are you going to?
Sai: I am going to California Miramar University, San Diego. for my MBA program with a concentration on Technology Management upon a s
successful completion, it's required of me to return back to my country Nigeria to use my knowledge to create a grate value for the
company.
VO: Why CMU?
Sai: CMU is ranked one of the best business schools in the states, 10# to be precised and they have a well structured curriculum which cuts across my

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

My dinner nearly went the wrong way after reading that. CMU ranked the #10 business school in the states? Just off the top of my head - UPenn, NYU, Cornell, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, UCLA, Northwestern, U Chicago, Yale, Columbia... the VO will just laugh you out to a blue paper. Obviously your "god" didn't tell you to read and prepare.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Beautyaddy: 3:08am On Aug 08, 2017
TWoods:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

My dinner nearly went the wrong way after reading that. CMU ranked the #10 business school in the states? Just off the top of my head - UPenn, NYU, Cornell, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, UCLA, Northwestern, U Chicago, Yale, Columbia... the VO will just laugh you out to a blue paper. Obviously your "god" didn't tell you to read and prepare.

Loooool!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 3:28am On Aug 08, 2017
sayilousnwa:
[b]Please to the noble house, I really want you guys to vert my transcript which I intend pouring out to the VO soon, I have asked God for just few questions from the ones mentioned below. I believe that my prayers would be answered. Here I go;

VO: Pass me your i20 and your passport.
Sai: I am going to California Miramar University, San Diego. for my MBA program with a concentration on Technology Management upon a
successful completion, it's required of me to return back to my country Nigeria to use my knowledge to create a grate value for the
company.
VO: How many schools did you apply to and how many gave you admission?
Sai: I only applied to 4 schools; Western Michigan University Wichita University, Marshall university and California Miramar University
Sai: CMU is ranked one of the best business schools in the states, 10# to be precised and they have a well structured curriculum which cuts
[left][/left]across my career and also having the faculty ration of 14:1, I believe its a favorable place to learn. I also had a web chat with
some of the university students, they told me that majority of their lecturers and well experienced and have been in the filed for so long,
that also gave me the confidence to further my application process when I was admitted in the school
VO: what was your Undergraduate course?
Sai: Petroleum Engineering.
VO: Which School?
Sai: Federal University of Technology Owerri, Imo State Nigeria.
VO: When did you graduate?
Sai: I graduated 2011, immediately after my graduation I joined my In-laws building construction company as a site foreman/clerk, Site
Engineer, Assistant project Manager and Project Manager in-view.
Sai: I am an assistant, Project Manager in a big building construction company in Lekki Lagos State Nigeria.
VO: How long have you worked with the Company?
Sai: 4 years 6 months to be specific
VO: Who would be sponsoring your trip?
Sai: Oh My In-law whom I work for, the CEO of (the company Name)
VO: Do you have his statement of account?
Sai: Sure I have both his treasury bill account and the dividend account statement, I mean the returns account.
VO: Pass it to me.
Sai: Sure Ma.
VO: I can see you have applied before right?
Sai: Yes early this year ma, April 18th to be precise.
VO: And why were you denied Visa?
Sai: I guess based on family ties issues, but I wasn't given the chance to express myself on that, that I will be coming back to take up my work
here in Nigeria and moreover my purpose of travel was to honor a friends graduation ceremony.
VO: What has this program got to offer you?
Sai: It would offer me so much. Technology is taking over the entire world but the management of it helps one not to abuse it so I would be
studying more on how to manage the technology, inculcate that into my everyday project so as to get my work delivered on time and with
less effort.
VO: How do you intend to achieve all that?
Sai: (Smile) well, I would take 13 core courses, having 6 electives to choose just 3 from that making it a total of 16 courses with a credit unit of
48. some courses like Operational management, Project management, Strategic management, Operational cost, Technology and computer
innovation. Which would help me fit into the professional world

VO: Okay I will be approving your visa, please keep your i20 and Sevies receipt very well because you will be needing that at POE

And I will thank baba God first, those who worked on me vetting my transcript, last I will smile and leave the hall....lol... Please feel free to check on my transcript and make some corrections as I wouldn't mind and also ask me any other possible questions that would come up making reference to my transcript please.[/b]

There is a lot wrong with your write up and it exposes the danger of 1. Not having a serious goal to study other than using the F1 as an avenue to run away from Nigeria; 2. Relying too much on what others post here rather than coming up with your own answers.

Lets go through them...

1. Your response as to why you chose CMU is generic and boring... its the same old "best in the world", low faculty to student ratio, curiculum etc... there are literally thousands of schools in the US that offer that and more. What is unique about CMU? Frankly it is ok to state that you selected a school because it has a small population (CMU has a total population of 319) - there are some people who don't like large schools and that is totally acceptable. It is also ok to choose a school because of a more manageable tuition bill, not everyone can afford the cost of an MBA at Wharton and the VOs will understand. The point is, be original!

2. Your undergrad degree is in Petroleum Engineering, you worked 5 years as a construction engineer and now you want to do an MBA? It seems you have no idea what it is you really want to do as a career.

3. Your inlaw/company CEO is your sponsor - be prepared to explain why someone other than your parents is willing to spend millions to send you to school...

4. What does the program offer you - technology only? You can learn to be more efficient at work without spending millions on a US degree. Get a better line.

5. Your response to "how do you intend to achieve all that" sounds like that of a teenager, not a well-rounded professional seeking to pursue an advanced degree.

I have to give the VOs kudos... i can't imagine listening to these type of obviously fake stories all day. But of course... your "god" will do everything for you, including reading your books.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cosade(m): 4:45am On Aug 08, 2017
fisayoprisca:
My former visa appointment page is still on with my former DS-160 application code, please, how long will it take for it to change? Or how should I go about it because I would like to schedule another appointment this week. Thank you very much. I hope to hear from you. And also I would like to request @LagosismyHome to help me with a mock interview. Thank you very much.

You're likely to wait forever because it won't change on its own.

Go to the profile section in appointment portal and update it with the new DS160 barcode. Print a new appointment confirmation, you'll notice the new barcode has reflected.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cosade(m): 4:49am On Aug 08, 2017
Fodio84:

How do you explain your being away from work for a period of six months if your work is so much valued by your employers?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cosade(m): 4:59am On Aug 08, 2017
sayilousnwa:

Thanks Cosade, you are right, the questions may not come as one anticipates, but I have asked God to help me jam questions like that. I will even be happy if I have fewer questions to answer. As for the information, noted bro. I have my employment letter, sponsorship letter from him because he has been the one paying my school fees right from High School. I also have his personal account statement which comprises of the treasury bill and dividend account shaaa because he is to fund me from his personal account and not company's account.

Hmnn....your in-law and his company are two distinct bodies except he is operating under a business name which I doubt. If he's the one sponsoring you then you can't say you're expected to come back to serve his company. Like I said earlier, your in-law sponsoring you for a US education get as he be ooo. Be ready to justify why he is indebted to invest such huge sum on your education. Hope you've read TWoods' comments on your script.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:17am On Aug 08, 2017
Fodio84:
Business and Information Technology
Ok. Try to explain clearly on why you want to go for this training and the benefits for you and your country. Because surely, the VO would ask you why this vocational training.

Also, I want to you tell that it's somehow difficult to get a visa on training if you are applying alone, than a company. As a result, you have try as much as you can to convince the CO.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by akandry: 5:31am On Aug 08, 2017
sayilousnwa:
[b]Please to the noble house, I really want you guys to vert my transcript which I intend pouring out to the VO soon, I have asked God for just few questions from the ones mentioned below. I believe that my prayers would be answered. Here I go;

VO: Pass me your i20 and your passport.
Sai: I am going to California Miramar University, San Diego. for my MBA program with a concentration on Technology Management upon a
company.
VO: How many schools did you apply to and how many gave you admission?
Sai: I only applied to 4 schools; Western Michigan University Wichita University, Marshall university and California Miramar University
Sai: CMU is ranked one of the best business schools in the states, 10# to be precised and they have a well structured curriculum which cuts
[left][/left]across my career and also having the faculty ration of 14:1, I believe its a favorable place to learn. I also had a web chat with
some of the university students, they told me that majority of their lecturers and well experienced and have been in the filed for so long,
that also gave me the confidence to further my application process when I was admitted in the school
VO: what was your Undergraduate course?
Sai: Petroleum Engineering.
VO: Which School?
Sai: Federal University of Technology Owerri, Imo State Nigeria.
VO: When did you graduate?
Sai: I graduated 2011, immediately after my graduation I joined my In-laws building construction company as a site foreman/clerk, Site
Engineer, Assistant project Manager and Project Manager in-view.
Sai: I am an assistant, Project Manager in a big building construction company in Lekki Lagos State Nigeria.
VO: How long have you worked with the Company?
Sai: 4 years 6 months to be specific
VO: Who would be sponsoring your trip?
Sai: Oh My In-law whom I work for, the CEO of (the company Name)
VO: Do you have his statement of account?
Sai: Sure I have both his treasury bill account and the dividend account statement, I mean the returns account.
VO: Pass it to me.
Sai: Sure Ma.
VO: I can see you have applied before right?
Sai: Yes early this year ma, April 18th to be precise.
VO: And why were you denied Visa?
Sai: I guess based on family ties issues, but I wasn't given the chance to express myself on that, that I will be coming back to take up my work
here in Nigeria and moreover my purpose of travel was to honor a friends graduation ceremony.
VO: What has this program got to offer you?
Sai: It would offer me so much. Technology is taking over the entire world but the management of it helps one not to abuse it so I would be
studying more on how to manage the technology, inculcate that into my everyday project so as to get my work delivered on time and with
less effort.
VO: How do you intend to achieve all that?
Sai: (Smile) well, I would take 13 core courses, having 6 electives to choose just 3 from that making it a total of 16 courses with a credit unit of
48. some courses like Operational management, Project management, Strategic management, Operational cost, Technology and computer
innovation. Which would help me fit into the professional world

VO: Okay I will be approving your visa, please keep your i20 and Sevies receipt very well because you will be needing that at POE

And I will thank baba God first, those who worked on me vetting my transcript, last I will smile and leave the hall....lol... Please feel free to check on my transcript and make some corrections as I wouldn't mind and also ask me any other possible questions that would come up making reference to my transcript please.[/b]
You have a lot to work on, with this transcript I fear your #64k will yield no return and your village people will win over you. Look for a more solid point prepare well and try to pm some gurus in the house to help you with a mock interview and above all pray.

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.