Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (695929 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
cosade:

Even with scholarships which normally cover tuition and books, he needs to eat and pay for accommodation.

its a she not he.. do know what might happen before then?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
cosade:

If you can't fund your education here in Nigeria, I don't see how you'll be able to fund US education.

I am a rivers indegene and have my school fees intact, I was advised to use it to process going to the usa. I also have sponsors but I need where I can wrk and study so my sponsors (being my parents) won't bear the whole burden as I have younger ones too. I need advice on the right decision to make with regards to going to the usa with hope of wrk and study or stay in Nigeria and complete my studies. My friend advised opportunities of working over there with what I have is better than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Time2Smile(m): 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
cosade:

You should start going to La Guardia airport now.
Thanks, already at LA Guardia. Wished I had stayed longer in JFK. There aren't even seat, but at least I get to use 30 minutes free Wi-Fi.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2017
smithsydny:
y are u just like this.. shes my very good friend i asked her to bring all her questions here..

Unah wah done reach no want others to come..

Nah wah oo
Wrong message. I didn't speak against your friend. Read well before you quote someone. smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2017
DeeTus:
Wrong message. I didn't speak against your friend. Read well before you quote someone. smiley
sorry jare no be u bros..

She just need guidelines that all..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Coloniel5000(m): 6:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
Please house, I need universities in US that would accept scanned copy of transcript during application pending when admission had been offered before requiring for official or evaluated copy. Please i need this so badly. Help a brother. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Airich01(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2017
Coloniel5000:
Please house, I need universities in US that would accept scanned copy of transcript during application pending when admission had been offered before requiring for official or evaluated copy. Please i need this so badly. Help a brother. Thanks
Hi,have you checked Google? Surely the people here are not an encyclopedia that they should have the details of over 4000 institution offhand. Just check admissions page,they'd guide you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cosade(m): 6:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
Bigzbabe:

I am a rivers indegene and have my school fees intact, I was advised to use it to process going to the usa. I also have sponsors but I need where I can wrk and study so my sponsors (being my parents) won't bear the whole burden as I have younger ones too. I need advice on the right decision to make with regards to going to the usa with hope of wrk and study or stay in Nigeria and complete my studies. My friend advised opportunities of working over there with what I have is better than Nigeria

Bolded above
Not quite sure what you meant by process going to USA. Hope it's not this agency stuff?

In your initial post you said Iv exhausted the little funds i saved up for my programmes and my friend in Houston advised I apply for transcript and come to the usa as a post graduate student.. My comments were based on that premise.

I wish you the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2017
cosade:

Bolded above
Not quite sure what you meant by process going to USA. Hope it's not this agency stuff?

In your initial post you said Iv exhausted the little funds i saved up for my programmes and my friend in Houston advised I apply for transcript and come to the usa as a post graduate student.. My comments were based on that premise.

I wish you the best.

Do I really owe you an explanation to that? I asked for advice with regards to what my friend advised I do and you are questioning the funding of my programmes. Na u wan fund am for me? If u must knw I'm an independent freak and the banking sector didn't encourage my programmes which was why I pulled out. I expressed my worries of being fully dependent on my parents he advised I move that there are opportunities to work and study unlike here in Nigeria. Iv written my 200level 2nd semester exams in rivers state university awaiting next session 300level and I've been idle. Iv applied for jobs to get busy to no avail. My concerns are on my chances of getting admission either as an undergraduate for nursing or post graduate for accounting and still work over there and u here typing trash.U obviously dnt hv any positive input to this so stay off the thread!

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Tico1: 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
Please what do I do to study in abroad ,I just registered in here .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
Bigzbabe:
U obviously dnt hv any positive input to this so stay off the thread!
.. cosade is nice compared to what Twoods of afonjaboston would have lambasted you... also you have no right to banish anyone off the thread grin grin

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
Tico1:
what are your qualifications?.. are you rich?.. what's your age grade?..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Tico1: 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

Well I am just 30 years so I need to further my education ,how do I get admitted in one of the schools in abroad please ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Tico1: 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

Well I am just 30 years so I need to further my education ,how do I get admitted in one of the schools in abroad please ? I had HND in civil engineering and I want to study mechanical engineering
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 7:23pm On Aug 13, 2017
Tico1:

Well I am just 30 years so I need to further my education ,how do I get admitted in one of the schools in abroad please ? I had HND in civil engineering and I want to study mechanical engineering
Is you HND&OND at least upper credit? , if yes then an MSC, or even direct PhD should be plausible. But first, read the general wisdom of this thread by femi312
There is this saying that says ''If we don't
fight we have failed, but if we fight we can either fail or succeed''. So forget the tuition part for now and put in some work. First, you need to decide on the course you want to study, To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a)
www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most common courses, you can start from there b)
www.gradschools.com c) www.google.com (you can just type 'msc in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e)
www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox I created https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0
TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though, some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0
As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and funding opportunities, be very explicit.
Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall 2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not, good for you.
If you have any question, drop it here and you should get more than one good answer

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cosade(m): 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
Bigzbabe:

Do I really owe you an explanation to that? I asked for advice with regards to what my friend advised I do and you are questioning the funding of my programmes. Na u wan fund am for me? If u must knw I'm an independent freak and the banking sector didn't encourage my programmes which was why I pulled out. I expressed my worries of being fully dependent on my parents he advised I move that there are opportunities to work and study unlike here in Nigeria. Iv written my 200level 2nd semester exams in rivers state university awaiting next session 300level and I've been idle. Iv applied for jobs to get busy to no avail. My concerns are on my chances of getting admission either as an undergraduate for nursing or post graduate for accounting and still work over there and u here typing trash.U obviously dnt hv any positive input to this so stay off the thread!

Apologies!

Your comments are noted. I will respectfully desist from commenting on your posts but not stay off the thread.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2017
DeeTus:
You are on the right track. Look for scholarship, if possible full ride. Both majors. Nursing for bachelor's degree and another for masters degree. Having an experience in the banking section is an added advantage for you as well.

Are you able to write out your WAEC Result here for further advice?

Economics C4,
Civic education A1,
English C4,
Mathematics C4 ,
Agricultural science B3,
Biology C5,
Chemistry B3,
Physics C5

I already have my neco(2006) a sitting which i used for my admission in the polytechnic,this waec result is recent (2017) cz I needed physics and chemistry for nursing. I will be 26years old by December
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
Ladon7:
Good morning ,Pls how many months do I need to study GRE before I can sit for the exam. I am planning to write by November, please how feasible is it?

I studied for about 2 weeks. Made a grade high enough to get me any school at all in the States. You can do it under a month. Just concentrate and study hard.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
Bigzbabe:

Economics C4,
Civic education A1,
English C4,
Mathematics C4 ,
Agricultural science B3,
Biology C5,
Chemistry B3,
Physics C5

I already have my neco(2006) a sitting which i used for my admission in the polytechnic,this waec result is recent (2017) cz I needed physics and chemistry for nursing. I will be 26years old by December

You are on the thread asking for advice and you have already attempted to banish one of your helpers. You need to have the humility of heart to pick wisdom from responses to your questions and ignore the parts that do not agree with you. You are the one looking for help and nobody is obligated to respond. Besides, you are just 26. The guy you attempted to banish might as well be old enough to be your uncle. NL is not populated by youths. People papa and mama dey here too. Please be more civil. Some will reply you courteously, some will be more brutal. People are different. Yours is to pick the wisdom you need, thank the person and move on to chase your goal. If you feel there is nothing in the post, still thank or ignore the person's post. Don't come across as quarrelsome else others would want to stay away from your questions.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
Bigzbabe:

Economics C4,
Civic education A1,
English C4,
Mathematics C4 ,
Agricultural science B3,
Biology C5,
Chemistry B3,
Physics C5

Okay. Look for masters degree admission plus scholarship and as well as community college admission plus scholarship. With your work experience, you will get your visa.

Note that when looking for admission on masters, please take a look at the school transfer policy first because it's absolutely important so as to avoid any mistakes. Like studying in the school for a semester or paying a certain fee to enable you leave, or even staying there one year. Some schools may not allow you to transfer to another institution.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
Bigzbabe:

Whether you like it or not schooling in the USA is expensive so cosade inital comment is a valid one..... so many times people start this waka with limited funds and then realise its not easy ...instead it so easy to drop out and fall out of status and run into immigration troubles .... so its good that comment like that is out there as a check or double check before anyone venture into this waka

Instead of taking it for what it was see your response..... smh. Calm down biko

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 8:37pm On Aug 13, 2017
I get PMs, I reply, then no word from the person. Is this a regular stuff on NL? If you don't have anything to discuss, why send PM. If the reply is late and you have gotten the answer already, then just reply that you are ok now.
Na only me waka come?
I find this strange, abi na email address them dey gather...because I am considering not replying any moniker not popular on this thread
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 8:38pm On Aug 13, 2017
I was surprised at her response. She didn't even put in her first post about her parents ready to sponsor her.

LagosismyHome:

Whether you like it or not schooling in the USA is expensive so cosade inital comment is a valid one..... so many times people start this eaka

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
DeeTus:
Okay. Look for masters degree admission plus scholarship and as well as community college admission plus scholarship. With your work experience, you will get your visa.

Note that when looking for admission on masters, please take a look at the school transfer policy first because it's absolutely important so as to avoid any mistakes. Like studying in the school for a semester or paying a certain fee to enable you leave, or even staying there one year. Some schools may not allow you to transfer to another institution.

Thanks a lot,i appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
OGreene:
I was surprised at her response. She didn't even put in her first post about her parents ready to sponsor her.

I cant remember begging anyone for funds to run my programme either. My post is very clear, i asked for advice with regards to all the programmes i had plus the intention of going to the USA to continue. As na d sponsor matter u wan carry 4 head dey sell,how market?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 13, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Whether you like it or not schooling in the USA is expensive so cosade inital comment is a valid one..... so many times people start this waka with limited funds and then realise its not easy ...instead it so easy to drop out and fall out of status and run into immigration troubles .... so its good that comment like that is out there as a check or double check before anyone venture into this waka

Instead of taking it for what it was see your response..... smh. Calm down biko

Birds of same...i refuse to bow to such derogatory words. He would have asked about sponsors rather than being rude with his response. I no beg am for money na advise i ask for so if e no sabi talk to pesin mak e jejely swallow e advice,nobody force am to respond.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 9:49pm On Aug 13, 2017
Bigzbabe:

Birds of same...i refuse to bow to such derogatory words. He would have asked about sponsors rather than being rude with his response. I no beg am for money na advise i ask for so if e no sabi talk to pesin mak e jejely swallow e advice,nobody force am to respond.

Easy man... no be fight!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
[quote author=Ability247 post=59443654]

You are on the thread asking for advice and you have already attempted to banish one of your helpers. You need to have the humility of heart to pick wisdom from responses to your questions and ignore the parts that do not agree with you. You are the one looking for help and nobody is obligated to respond. Besides, you are just 26. The guy you attempted to banish might as well be old enough to be your uncle. NL is not populated by youths. People papa and mama dey here too. Please be more civil. Some will reply you courteously, some will be more brutal. People are different. Yours is to pick the wisdom you need, thank the person and move on to chase your goal. If you feel there is nothing in the post, still thank or ignore the person's post. Don't come across as quarrelsome else others would want to stay away from your questions.[/quote

Thanks for the advice and i hope same advice goes to anyone responding too,like you rightly stated no one is obligated to respond. No one should also use derogatory words or try to bully anyone seeking for advice just cz you feel you know it all. Respect is reciprocal, i no come nairaland to drag age with anybody. Na based on recommendation i register for the forum.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 10:07pm On Aug 13, 2017
Oh man, what's going on here?..... lots of conflicting advise here lately.

Bigzbabe:

As for your question, you can't study and work - a sustainable job, at the same time being an international student. The job you may get as an int'l student would be a petite on campus job. You're not allowed to work off campus. Depending on your location, cost of living in a city would be more than what you make from an on campus job. By on campus job I mean working in bookstore, cafeteria, front desk, physical plant etc.

In conclusion, be financially prepared before leaving Nigeria. Don't have the notion that you're coming to work as a student in U.S. Reinstatement is a hard process and getting paper for an out of status lady is very hard, unlike for an out of status guy.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dawbbleOuEi: 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
Bigzbabe:

Simmer down, miss.
Funnily enough, Cosade isn't someone you should be picking this with. He isn't even one of those I've seen dole out derisive comments on here. You obviously misunderstood him, he meant good, only that his advice wasn't all positive; it wasn't what you wanted to hear. But there was nothing disparaging in his comments. He's even apologised! So, abeg just calm down. E dakun

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2017
cosade:

Apologies!

Your comments are noted. I will respectfully desist from commenting on your posts but not stay off the thread.

All your responses to the issue are correct.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AfonjaBoston: 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2017
Tico1:

Very very simple. To study in the abroad cheesy grin cheesy all you need is pray, fast, dont drink , don't smoke dont chook Sikira and Ogechi then abroad will fall on you yakata

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.