Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (696022 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hushee(m): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
OluDare01:
Hello people cheesy

Hi Person.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Chapecoense(m): 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2017
Oh men.. My travel transcript was not as detailed as I wanted make una forgive me lol....
Ok since I don settle down small make I talk small.
So I flew Egypt air, Their Service was great, Arrived Cairo at about 7pm and about 20mins later we were conveyed to a 5 star hotel, we had lunch and breakfast there and a bus took us back to Cairo airport the following morning.
We flew the triple 7 To JFK. The flight was quite uneventful except for some turbulence during the 11hr flight to JFK.. loved the flight crew. Would I fly Egypt air again? I sure will. I arrived JFK at about 4pm and we queued up.. The Queue was not that long and I got to the CBP official within 30mins. He only asked me if I was from Nigeria and That was it.. Was actually scared of POE but it was not a problem...
So Na Yankee be this? Lol well I give thanks to GOD for everything and to this wonderful family I say thanks.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by zeezahbee(f): 3:37pm On Aug 15, 2017
Timi1990:

Thanks boss ; the auto insurance don dey give me headache since a week now; will check them out tho
It will be expensive because you just got a license, no driving history etc... you should be able find a rate as low as $ 60 for liablity insurance. Try progressive
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teedawg: 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2017
goodluck to all those who arrived safely!! may your new journey yield good fruits!!! grin grin

meanwhile who has that economic hardship sample letter abeg Tag me with it make i develop my own now now keep before the time reach grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2017
Teedawg:
goodluck to all those who arrived safely!! may your new journey yield good fruits!!! grin grin

meanwhile who has that economic hardship sample letter abeg Tag me with it make i develop my own now now keep before the time reach grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3285858/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/41#48862390

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teedawg: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by freudianslip(m): 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2017

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
LagosismyHome

madam weldone oo wink cool..GOD bless you.more power to your elbow jare. you've been helping out back-2-back. hopefully i might get to ask my own questions some day

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Amakyzuu: 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2017
Good evening all. Has any one had to wait for this "administrative processing". The wait is not easy o. If one gets his or her visa too late, how late do you think it is to catch up with a school that already began for a month or does it depend on the willingness of the school to still accept the student despite the lateness. Can a letter from the school suffice to handle POE?

Pls lets take it easy on the thread, this is not what I saw and thought about this thread when I joined... its supposed to be a small family where we can learn and also help others from our experience. Thank u.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cuspy(m): 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2017
chinemomah2020:

Boss imperiouxx, You have said it all at bold and you are much more educated and bigger than that infant, you don't need to bring your self down to his level. there are so many ways to know if one is educated even without seeing that person. their style of communication alone and the way they present them selves in public/forum will tell you how educated or expose that person is. it's not all about living in america with whatever status as they claim but being able to speak knowledge any time they open their mouth is what really matters. so Boss, don't bring your self too low to his level. we all know the noise makers on this thread and those who come here to waste their time quoting everyone with trash

So true.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cuspy(m): 8:13pm On Aug 15, 2017
femi312:
I am surpriced that you are wasting your time on that individual, does he sound like a serious person to you?.. Not everybody here deserves a reply sometimes.

Exactly!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omilaomila(m): 8:18pm On Aug 15, 2017
Ermmm.... as at the last time I was taught;

1. DNA is NOT composed of proteins.

2. Adenine and Cytosine are nucleobases but NOT the direct components of DNA.

BlinkyBling:
lol. Mr. Oversabi, I could have come here and told everybody how smart I was by getting all the answers correctly but do you know why I didn't?
So fellow nairalanders will know it's God's grace that grants favour not by our effort.

If you read the transcript very well, what transpired is clearly stated as it happened,likewise my blunders and all, so it's not as if you shot a hole or made a new discovery. Don't understand your point reallly.

By the way, I got two of the proteins you crossed out, so I don't really understand the point you"re trying to make here.
You simply just shot yourself on the foot as you don't also know the correct answers even though you had access to Google which I didn't.
Plus there are lots of other reasons or factors that might have made me get it a little bit twisted. I was preparing and had my mind set on visa interview questions not the academic aspect so it threw me off balance.

Not trying to justify anything though but also know what I am capable of academically.
Finally, which area you dey for US sef,make I track you, so you"ll show me around if it's convenient for you o... smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Theflint1(m): 8:37pm On Aug 15, 2017
Hello house, good evening.

Please what's the average cost of housing in Mississippi?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:39pm On Aug 15, 2017
Amakyzuu:
Good evening all. Has any one had to wait for this "administrative processing". The wait is not easy o. If one gets his or her visa too late, how late do you think it is to catch up with a school that already began for a month or does it depend on the willingness of the school to still accept the student despite the lateness. Can a letter from the school suffice to handle POE?

Pls lets take it easy on the thread, this is not what I saw and thought about this thread when I joined... its supposed to be a small family where we can learn and also help others from our experience. Thank u.

Liason directly with the school. They will be the best to advice and also advice if you need a new i20 with a revised date .... in summary the answer lies with the school

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
omilaomila:
Ermmm.... as at the last time I was taught;

1. DNA is NOT composed of proteins.

2. Adenine and Cytosine are nucleobases but NOT the direct components of DNA.

guess we understood ourselves then. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2017
Amakyzuu:

Hello.

I am currently in the same situation. After the interview I was told that I would have to undergo administrative processing. The lady didn't initially tell me how long. When I pressed, she said a week or so. This is Day 3. My passport is still with the embassy.

The wait is terrible! I am just going through my days like a zombie. Neither here nor there. Can't even feel anything. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 9:33pm On Aug 15, 2017
BlinkyBling:
lol. Mr. Oversabi, I could have come here and told everybody how smart I was by getting all the answers correctly but do you know why I didn't?
So fellow nairalanders will know it's God's grace that grants favour not by our effort.

If you read the transcript very well, what transpired is clearly stated as it happened,likewise my blunders and all, so it's not as if you shot a hole or made a new discovery. Don't understand your point reallly.

By the way, I got two of the proteins you crossed out, so I don't really understand the point you"re trying to make here.
You simply just shot yourself on the foot as you don't also know the correct answers even though you had access to Google which I didn't.
Plus there are lots of other reasons or factors that might have made me get it a little bit twisted. I was preparing and had my mind set on visa interview questions not the academic aspect so it threw me off balance.

Not trying to justify anything though but also know what I am capable of academically.
Finally, which area you dey for US sef,make I track you, so you"ll show me around if it's convenient for you o... smiley smiley

Sorry if I came out rude. I don't mean to. I actually said that because you sincerely said you got some wrong. I studied biochem and for 2 years I research on mutagenesis where I generate and manipulate nitrogenous bases on DNAs. A nucleic acid is made up of nucleotides which contain 3 components: 1 sugar backbone (ribose in RNA or deoxyribose in DNA), 1 phosphate group (reason the group is called acid) and 1 nitrogenous base (purine or pyrimidine) e.g Adenine (A), Guanine (G), Cytosine (C), Thymine (T) in DNA replaced by Uracil (U) in RNA but no protein.

I live in staten island, NY, I don't mind meeting you in the nearest future. Cheers on your visa success again.

16 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
Amakyzuu:

Quickly inform your school. When I told mine, they said they could issue an extension. School is meant to resume on the 28th, with orientation being on the 21st.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2017
@justwise,

I appreciate the work you're doing here but why did you hide my post? I need to call him out to stop bullying people on this thread, mostly the new comers. Please unhide my post. I have never violated any rules. I promise to never reply him again.

Thank you sir.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
@justwise,

You're the best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 10:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
chinemomah2020:

Boss imperiouxx, You have said it all at bold and you are much more educated and bigger than that infant, you don't need to bring your self down to his level. there are so many ways to know if one is educated even without seeing that person. their style of communication alone and the way they present them selves in public/forum will tell you how educated or expose that person is. it's not all about living in america with whatever status as they claim but being able to speak knowledge any time they open their mouth is what really matters. so Boss, don't bring your self too low to his level. we all know the noise makers on these thread and those who come here to waste their time quoting everyone with trash.

I just can't stand seeing him bashing everyone each time I log in here. This is a public forum and everyone owns his/her opinion. I know some opinions may sound dumb but we have to respect each one, even if we're going to condemn such opinion there is a technical way of doing so. He came at me twice, so I have to stand against bully.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 10:16pm On Aug 15, 2017
femi312:
I am surpriced that you are wasting your time on that individual, does he sound like a serious person to you?..Not everybody here deserves a reply sometimes.

I won't again. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 10:19pm On Aug 15, 2017
Hushee:

I love the matured way you replied him, it says a lot about you....

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2017
imperiouxx:

Sorry if I came out rude. I don't mean to. I actually said that because you sincerely said you got some wrong. I studied biochem and researched for 2 years on mutagenesis where I generate and manipulate nitrogenous bases on DNAs. A nucleic acid is made up of nucleotides which contain 3 components: 1 sugar bac in DNA), 1 phosphate group (reason the group is called acid), 1 nitrogenous base (purine or pyrimidine) e.g Adenine (A), Guanine (G), Cytosine (C), Thymine (T) in DNA replaced by Uracil (U) in RNA but no protein.

I live in staten island, NY, I don't mind meeting you in the nearest future. Cheers on your visa success again.
wow! That's quite an insight.
Even when we had our promotion exams @ work, this same question came out and we all wrote Cytosine etc and we all passed...lol

But hey, what can I say, it's not really my field like that but we had some training on basic skills in molecular biology or something like that and it had something to do with the conference that's why I even mentioned "DNA Extraction" in my official duties just to have it related to my field.lol
Will give you a shout out soon as hit the States.
Sending you a pm soon so we'd hook up on any of the social medium.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chinemomah2020(m): 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2017
imperiouxx:

I just can't stand seeing him bashing everyone each time I log in here. This is a public forum and everyone owns his/her opinion. I know some opinions may sound dumb but we have to respect each one, even if we're going to condemn such opinion there is a technical way of doing so. He came at me twice, so I have to stand against bully.

Very true.. You did Great!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2017
evening nairalanders.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by nellyalph: 11:28pm On Aug 15, 2017
Bigzbabe:

I hear you...my own matter be say mk pesin no jam my post use massage e ego. Wetin I hear abt ds forum no be wetin I dey see.E kom be be lyk say my post dey attract yaba market boiz instead of the matured experienced adults.All the same advice no be curse sha! Thanks

Laughing at work, make my madam no sack me oo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by rinw: 11:44pm On Aug 15, 2017
ecoleco:

GTBank demanded for mine. I told the lady on the counter that I want to talk to her supervisor. I talked with the supervisor and I had to argue that airlines can't have a flight schedule years ahead of time so as to book a return. I showed him my I-20 which showed my Program End Date. I got my PTA the next morning.
hi, Please at what rate did u get it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tomisinobm(m): 12:48am On Aug 16, 2017
imperiouxx:
@justwise,

I appreciate the work you're doing here but why did you hide my post? I need to call him out to stop bullying people on this thread, mostly the new comers. Please unhide my post. I have never violated any rules. I promise to never reply him again.

Thank you sir.

Haha. Same thing he did to me when I called egbon woods out.
But I wasn't probably as humble as you to plead with him to unhide it cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by boykas(m): 1:04am On Aug 16, 2017
@justwise and to other people in the group.

Pls sir, I wish to travel to the US with my son only.
Am married and I have a boy and girl, all I have is my OND in business studies and invalid international passport which will be renew by next week.

Pls I want to know how I can get start and the document involve. Pls help me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 5:33am On Aug 16, 2017
@Analytics

Bro, howfar.. Kindly send me your address, so I can send you the stuff.. I'd send it on Friday after class..

Check my profile for my email

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.