Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,507 members, 7,836,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (705883 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by etudiant: 12:54am On Aug 24, 2017
TWoods:

You applied to just 1 school - a school with over 90% acceptance rate and one that did not ask you for a GMAT/GRE? That really isn't a serious school... that sounds more like a visa mill... simply taking advantage of desperate international "students" looking for a route to immigrate to the US.

The easiest way to assess your educational bonafides is the quality of program you got accepted into and the number of schools that were seeking to admit you. In both cases you flunked badly. It doesn't help that you've been denied 2ce before.

Great observation! I will research on more schools and take the GMAT. Thanks for your comment. Really Helpful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mystic1(m): 12:55am On Aug 24, 2017
@OjaP, I'm sorry to trouble you sir.
Please did you study Botany?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 12:56am On Aug 24, 2017
etudiant:

Thank you for your response

I'd like to know why you think I am unserious because I applied to Shepherd University which it's College of Business is among 61 Public Universities and Colleges to be awarded by College of Distinction USA.

With your reasons to your assertion of me being an unserious student, I'd be able to know what to do to better my chances next time which is most important.

Regards

What the heck is the "college of distinction"? Please explain.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 12:59am On Aug 24, 2017
Akuta28:
Hello everyone,
I've been on this platform for awhile and I must say it has been really helpful.
I applied for an MBA program for October this year and my interview is slated middle sept.
I just have a few questions and I don't know if anyone in the house can help.
First of, my uncle here in Nigeria is sponsoring me, and he has an ending balance of 16m. Is any of this going to be an issue? Also I chose IGlobal university in Virginia... does anyone know it?
Secondly, my first degree was in arts, now I want to make a total switch to MBA... is that an issue too?
Last question, my uncle is sponsoring both myself and my brother at the same time... what do you advise guys....

And for the ones looking for people to troll, note that your opinion isn't needed but if you feel the need to show your immaturity, be my guest.

Yeah, it's another for-profit visa mill... obviously they also didn't ask for much to admit you either. Sigh.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by etudiant: 1:07am On Aug 24, 2017
TWoods:

What the heck is the "college of distinction"? Please explain.

Since you used "heck" I'd rather assume it's not a viable reason to choose a school.

what do you recommend in selecting a quality Business school?

Doesn't matter what tone or language you use to communicate with me. Your observations and corrections are highly appreciated

Regards

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:13am On Aug 24, 2017
Akuta28:
Also I chose IGlobal university in Virginia... does anyone know it?
Secondly, my first degree was in arts, now I want to make a total switch to MBA... is that an issue too?
Last question, my uncle is sponsoring both myself and my brother at the same time... what do you advise guys....

Are you and your brother planning to attend interview and start the semester around the same time ? ... if yes then it up to your uncle bank account to prove he can afford both if asked

Regarding iglobal this university has been mentioned in the past so you can use the search button above and type iglobal university

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 1:17am On Aug 24, 2017
etudiant:

Since you used "heck" I'd rather assume it's not a viable reason to choose a school.

what do you recommend in selecting a quality Business school?

Doesn't matter what tone or language you use to communicate with me. Your observations and corrections are highly appreciated

Regards

Start here - https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AfonjaBoston: 1:17am On Aug 24, 2017
oduzbaba89:
@u ecoleco, u are too much. I send my admission documents to uiu, they insist on official transcript. that why m asking . no problem.

please at interview if person was asked how many universities e applied to. can persin say 3 , whereas person apply to one. will they know if i lie and say three. ?

thanks

Iie joor tell them 10 schools Oyinbos are not babalawos or dibias.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by toluene1234: 1:23am On Aug 24, 2017
Hello gurus, please is it possible to get funding with cgpa 2.97 of 5.0 and good GRE in the U.S?
Please advise on wat one can do to get funding with cgpa 2.97 of 5.0.

Thanks.
Cc: Walspring, lagosismyhome and others especially who enjoyed funding to study in the U.S.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:28am On Aug 24, 2017
toluene1234:
Hello gurus, please is it possible to get funding with cgpa 2.97 of 5.0 and good GRE in the U.S?
Please advise on wat one can do to get funding with cgpa 2.97 of 5.0.

Thanks.
Cc: Walspring, lagosismyhome and others especially who enjoyed funding to study in the U.S.

It always best to state what course or field ..... funding very much dependant on the school and field
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:35am On Aug 24, 2017
TWoods:

Start here - https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings

Look at the enrolment number (no of students) and some one talking ignorantly about a standard of 9-14 or 20 students .... smh

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by iekene(m): 2:27am On Aug 24, 2017
amanze15:
Data is the new oil..... cheesy nna ehn how person go take enter this computer oil sorry data money.

Come to California .. smiley smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 2:43am On Aug 24, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

Do not do this...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cosade(m): 3:05am On Aug 24, 2017
etudiant:

No we not saying the same thing.

If you finish from for example Chrisland College Lagos, you only need 10 months to do your A-Level. 2.5million naira. Pass it and you will be in a UK university doing a 3yr program.

Regards

Comparions are made using standard situations and not exceptional ones.

A/L program is designed for two years.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teedle(f): 3:07am On Aug 24, 2017
olarich30:
Is there any one here flying to JFK through air maroc on Monday morning? If there is please Holla at me , we can be seat partners I just need someone to gist with while I take that long flight.

Is there also any nairalander who is in Orlando Florida? Please Holla at me, I need someone to help me get settled in. Thanks a lot and God bless you all

Hey, I am in Orlando. Going to UCF for my MBA, haven't been here long maybe we can help each other.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by etudiant: 4:25am On Aug 24, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Look at the enrolment number (no of students) and some one talking ignorantly about a standard of 9-14 or 20 students .... smh

apologies man.. bad day I had.. you can imagine.. thanks for your help so far
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by etudiant: 4:26am On Aug 24, 2017
cosade:

Comparions are made using standard situations and not exceptional ones.

A/L program is designed for two years.

I like the word "designed"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 4:47am On Aug 24, 2017
etudiant:

if only you were smart enough to check and see the school has over 3500 students. Lucky you in England.. work on your comprehension skills!

You'll be back tomorrow wondering why no one is answering your questions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by etudiant: 5:15am On Aug 24, 2017
TWoods:

You'll be back tomorrow wondering why no one is answering your questions.

Well we got off on a good one and ended up throwing shades.. apologies and thanks for your kind suggestions. How's you doing over there?

oh the apologies to Lagosismyhome.. thanks Twoods I'm looking up the List.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 5:36am On Aug 24, 2017
Mystic1:
@OjaP, I'm sorry to trouble you sir.
Please did you study Botany?

He studied Geology.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AfonjaBoston: 5:49am On Aug 24, 2017
Fenix:

Do not do this...

Do what?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 24, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

10 is too much my brother cheesy unless you want the VO to ask a lot of questions and of course, documents.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by toluene1234: 6:10am On Aug 24, 2017
LagosismyHome:

It always best to state what course or field ..... funding very much dependant on the school and field

MS Information technology or MS computer science
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AfonjaBoston: 6:20am On Aug 24, 2017
DeeTus:
10 is too much my brother cheesy unless you want the VO to ask a lot of questions and of course, documents.

My brother no be him wan lie? It will be an opportunity to lie even more.

But wait oooo I have always wanted to ask why visa jazz whey all these ogbologbo alfas and pastors dey do no dey catch oyinbos for embassy?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 24, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

My brother no be him wan lie? It will be an opportunity to lie even more.

But wait oooo I have always wanted to ask why visa jazz whey all these ogbologbo alfas and pastors dey do no dey catch oyinbos for embassy?
Hahahahaha. Some oyinbos belong somewhere too but they often use their own for important stuffs like technology and so on. Whereas Nigerians use theirs to cause havoc. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Senorita123(f): 7:40am On Aug 24, 2017
Walspring:

I sent this in the email about the offer and I wonder why everyone keep asking me again about instruction on payment after they sent me details needed and inside that included how to send payment as well.

Anyway I will check to see if you are part of those i haven't send to

Kindly check your pm. Thanks. Pls u didn't send to me. Tomisinakinbo@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sakalisis(m): 7:47am On Aug 24, 2017
Walspring:

I sent this in the email about the offer and I wonder why everyone keep asking me again about instruction on payment after they sent me details needed and inside that included how to send payment as well.

I will like to partake in the discount for GRE.. I send a PM to you but no reply yet
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Steadyman: 8:43am On Aug 24, 2017
Hope you were able to get your International Driver's License. I'm currently at FIU. You could reach me via demola82@gmail.com

Please can anyone help me with an answer? [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by JERRYPOPINS(m): 8:49am On Aug 24, 2017
MY SINCERE APPRECIATION AND RESPECT TO THOSE MAKING THIS THREAD LIVELY PRO BONO...

I WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT ANYONE STUDYING SUPPLY CHAIN/LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT EITHER AT COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY LEVEL..

@lagosismyhome @cmbagwu....

IT IS GREAT TO BE HERE.I HAVE LEARNT ALOT.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by helpyom(f): 9:09am On Aug 24, 2017
Walspring:

@walspring in the name of God bro please help me am intrested in the discount I have the money available let me not loose this opportunity please help a sister who has been struggling check my threads on nairaland please bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 24, 2017
good morning my people, i want to appreciate those good people of this forum, those who takes put of their time n reply my questions. u are all too much.

please, a public university agreed in miami agreed to process my admission in post graduate certificate in human resource management.Does US embassy grants visa for post graduate certificate applicants? thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mystic1(m): 9:57am On Aug 24, 2017
imperiouxx:

He studied Geology.
Was thinking he studied Botany BSc. Then Geology MSc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.