Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (698099 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dupsaw: 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2017
chingynas:

I sent you a PM please respond as soon as possible...
. Hi, please i am new on this thread, I also applied to Cleveland university. Please can you send me a PM. I'm still learning to use this platform. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dupsaw: 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
chingynas:

I sent you a PM please respond as soon as possible...
. Hi, please i am new on this thread, I also applied to Cleveland university. Please can you send me a PM. I'm still learning to use this platform. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
ecoleco:

Any serious-minded student that completed a bachelor's program in Nigeria should be able to do this. But you must be ready to put in the work. You have to spend time online to research and read. Use google and use this thread.
You will have to work hard on your test scores to make up for the lackluster CGPA.
The bolded is argumentum ad ignorantiam. He is simply appealing to your ignorance. Study what you are passionate about. Don't let another make that decision for you.
Best of luck.
Does she really need any standardized tests? I guess not. Her work experience can cover that. Just trying to access her situation so that she would choose a nice major. cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2017
DeeTus:
Does she really need any standardized tests? I guess not. Her work experience can cover that. Just trying to access her situation so that she would choose a nice major. cool

Standardized tests if done well will boost her profile and will take the limits off the schools she can apply to. 10+ years of relevant work experience in Nigeria didn't cover for my standardized test.
If you know a school where her current profile without test scores fits, then that's good news. She may proceed with that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2017
ecoleco:

Standardized tests if done well will boost her profile and will take the limits off the schools she can apply to. 10+ years relevant work experience in Nigeria didn't cover for my standardized test.
If you know a school where her current profile without test scores fits, then that's good news. She may proceed with that.
Hahahahahaha.

There are schools menh. For masters degree, if you have a good work experience, it can cover up deficiency in low GPA. That is why you need to approach the school properly, I am not talking about ivy league schools. But some decent schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by manix4med(m): 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2017
my own testimony would surely come....as I am in preparation stage. I am going to start ending of October
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Richydos(m): 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
joshtune:
what will you like to know about Utah valley? I may be of help
I am much delighted having someone there, yea I intend go for spring 2018 'Cybersecurity graduate program'... Can u be of help by enlightening me on their requirements as per international students n besides i studied Business Administration. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dupsaw: 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2017
chingynas:
Please check your PM..We need to talk sent u PM Twice..Kindly check as soon as possible...
congratulations. Please can you PM me. I'll like to ask some questions. I'm also applying to Cleveland state university. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by laracreamz(f): 8:06pm On Sep 06, 2017
DeeTus:
What do you do for work?
I work in a primary school, graduated last year. I have jst few months of work experience.�
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
laracreamz:
There is an agent who charges #950k for USA student visa processing, the #950k includes registration for GRE exams,tutorial for the exam, visa application fees, authentication of result, statement of account, Strong statement of purpose and all the small expenses that come with the admission and visa processing. To be candid he has an impeccable track record cuz he helped my mom's colleagues kids wit their traveling.

shuoooo u mean i type for free here , yet somebori collecting 950k..... all i can say is

There is God oooo

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
laracreamz:

I work in a primary school, graduated last year. I have jst few months of work experience.�
Ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 06, 2017
LagosismyHome:

shuoooo u mean i type for free here , yet somebori collecting 950k..... all i can say is

There is God oooo
Lol...there are couple of smart ways to make money. I though you guys pick money in UK?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:11pm On Sep 06, 2017
DeeTus:
Lol...there are couple of smart ways to make money. I though you guys pick money in UK?

its in Nigeria people pick money from treasury trees grin grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 11:08pm On Sep 06, 2017
Walspring:

It's easy to partake, go to www.ets.org/gre or www.ets.org/Toefl and create your Ets account first. GRE is $205 while Toefl is $180, multiple it by 370 and divide it by 2 to get the 50% of the amount you pay..

If you are interested, send me the following details below, but make sure you have the cash with you at hand because I don't want to hear touching stories after the test is register for you. Also you can send your payment now or you wait the test is register and make sure you send the payment less than 24 hours after the test is registered if not the test will be cancelled

1. Type of test.
2. User name.
3. Password.
4. Date you want to write the test.
5. Month you want to write the test.
6. Phone number.
7. State you want to write the test.
8. Name of the center you will prefer.
9. Send payment to XXXX
10. Notify immediately you send payment
11. the exchange rate is #370 to $1
12. You divide the total cost by 2 to get the 50% rate

N.B this is first come and first serve as long as you have your cash at hand and I won't keep slot for anyone whose money is not complete yet

Terms and conditions. If you didn't pay after 24 hours the test will be cancelled and it will affect your Ets account.

To all those that sent me payment i got it and i will reply to let you know soon. If i have more than 15 payment when replying, i will have to refund some people cash back and please bear with us since we cant collect more than what we wanted to offer

Also to those who wanted 2 slot for themselves you are too greedy in nature if i am not wrong because if 7 people collected 2 slots each then only 7 people benefit instead of 14 people for 14 slots and do you think the offer will extend to you if 7 people already collected the 2 each

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by whyqueu(m): 11:11pm On Sep 06, 2017
peeps, there's an argument in my place here.. please help us give adequate info to this situation.. if you are been given conditional admission, is it written in your I-20 ,that you are offered conditional admission? please, let me claim further... if a graduate schools gives you a conditional admission and you have received your i20 ..will it be written in your i20 or not? please if you have any ideal guyz, please throw it on the floor.. God bless you guys!!! cc walspring lagosismyhome and other gurus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Drocks: 11:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
Good evening GREAT MINDS.
I have B.sc civil engineering and applied for Masters in occupational safety and health technology at MURRAY STATE UNI in 2015 but was denied and also in 2016.
I have another admission now for Masters in civil engineering at CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY.
My question now is what would or should be my response if I am asked by the VO,
Why civil engineering now? And why cleveland state uni now?

Cc: @lagosismyhome, deetus, texrem, walspring, oludare01, profojah, and every other guru in the house pls.
GOD BLESS!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 11:25pm On Sep 06, 2017
LagosismyHome:

There is God oooo

And this person collecting this sum will likely not match your SME (Subject Matter Expertise) in US school matters.

It is well o.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 11:27pm On Sep 06, 2017
DeeTus:

We pick free money in Aso Rock. Shey i lie
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 11:40pm On Sep 06, 2017
Drocks:
I have B.sc civil engineering and applied for Masters in occupational safety and health technology at MURRAY STATE UNI in 2015 but was denied and also in 2016.
I have another admission now for Masters in civil engineering at CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY.

Cc: @lagosismyhome, deetus, texrem, walspring, oludare01, profojah, and every other guru in the house pls.
GOD BLESS!!!

Why do you really want to study Civil Engineering and Why Cleveland State University. I admit the first question is easier to answer because it is very personal to you. You are the one that have the best answer to that. I suggest you get a pen and paper, sit down and reflect on your past studies and experiences so far and write up two or three sentences that will answer that.

On the second question, you will need to find out what is unique about CSU and also their Civil Engineering. Usnews.com allows individual schools to provide content on their strongest uniqueness for readers. It is under the heading School Mission and Unique Qualities. That would also help you to answer your second question.

best of luck.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 11:42pm On Sep 06, 2017
LagosismyHome:

its in Nigeria people pick money from treasury trees grin grin

Yes oo and nah for street of gwarinpa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by whyqueu(m): 11:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
Drocks:

GOD BLESS!!!

@Drocks, what's your undergraduate GPA? Thanks... awaiting the gurus to enlighten you.. one love
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 11:56pm On Sep 06, 2017
TheGreat342:
Abeg, link me up with the person

Abeg i no wan be middle wey i no go fit sleep oo..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femoalaofin: 12:03am On Sep 07, 2017
Oga sir I hail o, pls ur account details sir, in order to participate b4 e close oooo.

Walspring:

To all those that sent me payment i got it and i will reply to let you know soon. If i have more than 15 payment when replying, i will have to refund some people cash back and please bear with us since we cant collect more than what we wanted to offer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gospelozy(f): 12:11am On Sep 07, 2017
OluDare01:

No, we can't.
I asked you a question and you're requesting a private chat.
Sorry, I am not in for that. Goodluck!
o really? Oh am sorry dear,for been Oliver twist. I appreciate & Good luck to you too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Drocks: 12:13am On Sep 07, 2017
ecoleco:

Why do you really want to study Civil Engineering and Why Cleveland State University. I admit the first question is easier to answer because it is very personal to you. You are the one that have the best answer to that. I suggest you get a pen and paper, sit down and reflect on your past studies and experiences so far and write up two or three sentences that will answer that.

On the second question, you will need to find out what is unique about CSU and also their Civil Engineering. Usnews.com allows individual schools to provide content on their strongest uniqueness for readers. It is under the heading School Mission and Unique Qualities. That would also help you to answer your second question.

best of luck.
thanks bro, I get. But I meant I have been to the embassy before with master in OSHT now going with a total different course and school, my reason for that question. God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Drocks: 12:14am On Sep 07, 2017
whyqueu:

@Drocks, what's your undergraduate GPA? Thanks... awaiting the gurus to enlighten you.. one love
My CGPA is 3.63 Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Glocal1: 12:32am On Sep 07, 2017
Emmanbaba:
For gurus that have used WES, please is the student copy of the final report a detailed one showing both the final cgpa and the US equivalent of each course? I'm currently registering and I'm considering using courier to send my own report so that I can just scan it and send to schools instead of using $30 to send to each school I'll be applying to. Thanks!
Schools dont accept your scanned copy, only ones sent directly from wes are acknowledged. U av hard n soft copies sent to ur post mail and email respectively by wes.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gospelozy(f): 12:35am On Sep 07, 2017
Dupsaw:
congratulations. Please can you PM me. I'll like to ask some questions. I'm also applying to Cleveland state university. Thank you
Woow, am happy seeing future Cleveland students. Please can you pm me cos am also applying & have some questions to ask. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by whyqueu(m): 12:49am On Sep 07, 2017
Drocks:
My CGPA is 3.63 Thanks.

please can you PM me? I want to ask you something about Murray university because I just applied there... thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.