Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697804 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by temi4fash(m): 8:59am On Sep 08, 2017
kilankoazeez:
Good morning to everyone reading this.
My first question goes thus , can someone please share the link for GRE and TOEFL nairaland trend?
My second question is that, isn't there any WhatsApp group page for prospective GRE and TOEFL candidates, please if yes kindly send the link and details. thanks for your consideration

https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by whyqueu(m): 9:04am On Sep 08, 2017
Hello famz, please anyone in ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY JONESBORO?? Anybody there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kilankoazeez: 9:21am On Sep 08, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oyindayomi123: 10:06am On Sep 08, 2017
Please house, I need help.......I booked an appointment before submitting my DS160 and now as am submitting my DS160 it is showing application error. Please how do I go about it. Please help me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by obone4real: 10:55am On Sep 08, 2017
Great.[color=#006600][/color]

So I have been in the states for 2 months now. My initial school was Upper Iowa University but I transferred to Everett Community College because the fees was crazy and the scholarship I was given at Iowa was not full with some hidden charges. I still get to pay $22k+ (with the scholarship). Here in Everett, it's just $18k for the year and I can pay per quarter which is really nice.

It has been good for me so far. School starts next week. If you are pursuing something related to tech, you should come to Washington. Washington State University or maybe Seattle University. The tech space here is amazing. After San Francisco, Seattle is the next Silicon Valley plus it is cheaper to live here and there is a higher rate of getting a job.

Microsoft, T-Mobile, Amazon, Boeing all have their HQ here.

I just finished an internship program with a startup in Seattle.

Yh, one more thing for those coming to the states, if the International Drivers License is allowed where you are going, you should get one from Naija. I got mine for ₦15k.

I got a Corolla for $850 including title and stuff and it has really helped me. You know I get to help people deliver stuff once in a while for $20/hr. So every extra bucks count.

I'm just saying this because a lot of people don't consider Washington State and there are loads of opportunities here.

I just wanted to keep you guys updated and I promise to stay active here so I can give back and help the little way I can just as @texrem and everyone else here helped me out.

#Naija4Life

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Donaltus: 11:54am On Sep 08, 2017
Please house can anyone give list of cheap hotel around the USA embassy in Lagos.....and the price
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Beautyaddy: 2:03pm On Sep 08, 2017
LagosismyHome:

lol are you expecting a response to this.....

when the response back to you is that you intend to come back home after graduation and put that knowledge to use in Nigeria

Lol! Yeah Right! The Visa Officers already know most applicants don't do that even when they say they will.

Convincing the VO that one is a genuine student gets a better chance of getting the visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Tekecoms1(m): 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
Donaltus:
Please house can anyone give list of cheap hotel around the USA embassy in Lagos.....and the price
Please go through this links carefully as it could help you.
https://www.nairaland.com/3586207/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/256

https://www.nairaland.com/3285858/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/234
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by paulbets: 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2017
@LagosismyHome

Please, anytime at your convenience is acceptable by me.
Graçias
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 3:12pm On Sep 08, 2017
The cheapest price for haircut I've seen here is $25.. Mheen na to dey barb skodo remain o, then $25 will be spent once in every 4months for another skodo.. grin grin grin.. All these american girls no kuku send so far you're loyal to them unlike our naija babes..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by iekene(m): 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
ProfOjah1234:
The cheapest price for haircut I've seen here is $25.. Mheen na to dey barb skodo remain o, then $25 will be spent once in every 4months for another skodo.. grin grin grin

Hahahahha. I don't understand why they charge that much. I spent $27 to cut my hair. Converted it to naira and started having chest pain. sad sad sad ..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oluiyke1984(m): 3:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
Thanks so much, I did what you asked me to do. I was interviewed today at Abuja, and was issued a yellow paper. The black lady at window I think 7 in her 20ties, I no send am at all just feeling like a big boy. Bro na confident matters ooo and looking straight into her eye ball with a lil smile as fine boy way I bee and na she come dey shy ooo lol. Transcript loading need to send in the doc. As per say na yellow paper. Talk to you soon. No school is a red flag but depends on the applicant.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
iekene:

Hahahahha. I don't understand why they charge that much. I spent $27 to cut my hair. Converted it to naira and started having chest pain. sad sad sad ..

Still converting? undecided This is the first thing you need to stop doing once you started living in US. If you're the type that cut low, then get a $35 clipper and a mirror and start doing it yourself. It will save you $27 for every 2 weeks.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tomisinobm(m): 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
ProfOjah1234:
The cheapest price for haircut I've seen here is $25.. Mheen na to dey barb skodo remain o, then $25 will be spent once in every 4months for another skodo.. grin grin grin.. All these american girls no kuku send so far you're loyal to them unlike our naija babes..

Not cut mine since December smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by temiluv1(f): 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
smithsydny:
uncle edakun EPP with ielt past questions please.. Edakun

Pls I need IELTS practice questions as well. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
temiluv1:

Pls I need IELTS practice questions as well. Thanks
check ur mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Tekecoms1(m): 9:42pm On Sep 08, 2017
kilankoazeez:

Thanks bro
Toluwalope oooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jamoyakz: 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2017
ProfOjah1234:
prof ojah you go get dem haircut make all dem atl babes believe you die.... you gess dey sharp all the time Mhen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Glocal1: 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
Kirusky4life:
good morning guys. trust u all slept well. PLs I need some Info from u all. does WES accept degree statement of results for evaluation or must it be the degree certificate?
Because as it stands, I am yet to collect my certificate from school and it has kept my evaluation on hold. can I send them my statement of results instead?
Contact Wes for clarification. I am not sure if SOR is acceptable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tosinooo: 10:39pm On Sep 08, 2017
Yes, I am.
HST:
Anyone applying to Texas A&M University Kingsville for spring 2018?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 08, 2017
sotall:

To be on the safe side, I will advise you use someone to push it if you don't want your application to be stagnant for months even years.
If the department you graduated from is organised and responds quickly to official matters, you can decide to apply and not contact anyone for help because ETX doesn't put any effort into getting your transcript ready.
If not, contact someone who will help you run around your department/faculty as well those responsible for processing transcript.
My advise is based on my experience with Uniben.
Transcript application and delivery took 4 months. I had to contact someone in the third month (when the whole thing became stagnant) before it got processed and delivered.
I need that your Uniben contact for transcript.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by successflow(m): 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
obone4real:
Great.[color=#006600][/color]

So I have been in the states for 2 months now. My initial school was Upper Iowa University but I transferred to Everett Community College because the fees was crazy and the scholarship I was given at Iowa was not full with some hidden charges. I still get to pay $22k+ (with the scholarship). Here in Everett, it's just $18k for the year and I can pay per quarter which is really nice.

It has been good for me so far. School starts next week. If you are pursuing something related to tech, you should come to Washington. Washington State University or maybe Seattle University. The tech space here is amazing. After San Francisco, Seattle is the next Silicon Valley plus it is cheaper to live here and there is a higher rate of getting a job.

Microsoft, T-Mobile, Amazon, Boeing all have their HQ here.

I just finished an internship program with a startup in Seattle.

Yh, one more thing for those coming to the states, if the International Drivers License is allowed where you are going, you should get one from Naija. I got mine for ₦15k.

I got a Corolla for $850 including title and stuff and it has really helped me. You know I get to help people deliver stuff once in a while for $20/hr. So every extra bucks count.

I'm just saying this because a lot of people don't consider Washington State and there are loads of opportunities here.

I just wanted to keep you guys updated and I promise to stay active here so I can give back and help the little way I can just as @texrem and everyone else here helped me out.

#Naija4Life
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dupsaw: 11:11pm On Sep 08, 2017
M.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sgttanner: 11:19pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hello Gurus? Can I apply for a professional course in Geographical Information System(GIS) without a transcript?.. I am asking this because I am unable to get my transcript due to LAUTECH strike. But I have a TOEFL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 11:43pm On Sep 08, 2017
jamoyakz:
prof ojah you go get dem haircut make all dem atl babes believe you die.... you gess dey sharp all the time Mhen
i don kuku barb skodo for $10 till December..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by iekene(m): 1:48am On Sep 09, 2017
imperiouxx:

Still converting? undecided This is the first thing you need to stop doing once you started living in US. If you're the type that cut low, then get a $35 clipper and a mirror and start doing it yourself. It will save you $27 for every 2 weeks.

I try to resist the temptation of not converting each time. But there's always this inner voice that keeps converting and telling me the rate in naira. Conversion is one bad habit and hoping to drop as soon as I can.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 3:20am On Sep 09, 2017
Dupsaw:
Hello, I'm applying for a BA in Criminology at CSU but I already have a B.A in communications from a Nigerian University. If I am asked why another BA. I intend saying that I have an interest in joining the NPF so I decided to study Criminology again, because I feel that having an indept and background knowledge about what crime is and what's causes it would help me well in my career part and also help me in handling criminal cases. Do you mind if I have like a pre interview with you, for you to help me point out answers you feel would lower my chances of getting the visa. Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience.

Is joining the NPF the actual reason why you went for Criminology? Like LagosNIV said couple of pages back, they simply want to know why you made the choices of school and program. If that's the reason, then that's your best answer and be prepared to back that answer up.

I don't mind reviewing your responses. Feel free to PM me....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 3:24am On Sep 09, 2017
eddyrymz:
Good Morning All,
I am a graduate of Electrical Engineering with a cgpa of 3.75
please i need list of universities in the US where i can get full funding for Engineering M.eng and also with high possibility of getting a job during and after the program.

grin grin grin

Some requests here are really very funny.

Start by putting the bolded on Google search.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 3:39am On Sep 09, 2017
Hi.. I have a question to ask.. I'm interested in studying any Healthcare course such as pt or if possible medicine in the United States. But the problem is that.. I have a commercial o level... And when i checked their requirements i saw physics, chemistry and so on.. Pls how do I go about it??

How about attending physics, chemistry etc classes and writing another O Level here before you apply to US schools? What is informing your choice of Healthcare? How do you know you will excel in that area when you probably didn't do Biology in the commercial O Level?

My take is give those courses a try here and pass them ( and also have a feel of what they are), then you can apply to US schools.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 3:54am On Sep 09, 2017
ProfOjah1234:

iekene:

Lol on the chest pain grin. I did $20 and decided I'm not doing again. I already got a clipper from Amazon. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.