Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697310 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alutachuks: 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2017
I work in a multinational EPC contracting firm currently Handling a big Associated Gas solution project in Nigeria... I have 5 years cognate Experience in Electrical Engineering. I graduated in 2011 (HND 3.2/4) ...late last year I was denied F1 visa on the ground of community college ...I'm planning to go for Msc but have not been able to get a school that will accept HND ...I need help and also need school with kind of funding or GA ....I appreciate your kind response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Jamezy4u: 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2017
Bro,

I need to ask you some questions pls. I already have an admission to MAcc in US and almost ready to take off. I want to see if its possible to switch or transfer.

Pls reply to my pm, I have sent. thanks

HonNellymike12:

I finished with bsc accounting, I got admission for master of criminal justice, thou I have some experience as an internal audit supervisor. Accounting is not selling again like before, go for a course that is of high demand in the USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Jamezy4u: 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2017
Get your HND evaluated by WES, it will be equated with Four yrs undergrad prog

alutachuks:
I work in a multinational EPC contracting firm currently Handling a big Associated Gas solution project in Nigeria... I have 5 years cognate Experience in Electrical Engineering. I graduated in 2011 (HND 3.2/4) ...late last year I was denied F1 visa on the ground of community college ...I'm planning to go for Msc but have not been able to get a school that will accept HND ...I need help and also need school with kind of funding or GA ....I appreciate your kind response.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by adesegun14: 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
I thought someone already responded to you? The truth of the matter is your wife and daughter can go to the embassy with you for an interview but it's always nice to go first and use them for home ties. After that, they apply for F-2.

Secondly, applying together at the same time would indicate financial burden for you. Your spouse isn't going to work out there and that will be expensive for you too. The US is not Nigeria. So, take it step-by-step. And get a scholarship in order to reduce your expenses.

Thank you very much. Just got the other response as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by richiepolymer(m): 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
sayilousnwa:
Good day, abeg who who resides in San Diego? I need help oooooh, can someone help me pick up my i20 from California Miramar University?

A friend I know just resumed at California Miramar. I don't know if he's on Nairaland. PM me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alutachuks: 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
OK bro...should I get it evaluated first before applying for admission??... If that's the case ,it means they (WES) will have to mail the evaluated outcome to the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by adesegun14: 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
I thought someone already responded to you? The truth of the matter is your wife and daughter can go to the embassy with you for an interview but it's always nice to go first and use them for home ties. After that, they apply for F-2.

Secondly, applying together at the same time would indicate financial burden for you. Your spouse isn't going to work out there and that will be expensive for you too. The US is not Nigeria. So, take it step-by-step. And get a scholarship in order to reduce your expenses.

Thank you very much.
Just got the other response as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by adesegun14: 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
firmphem:
I dont think it should affect your chances. but the candid advice is that you should first go and they should later get F2 visa. you know it is a new terrain. except you have much money.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oluiyke1984(m): 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2017
sayilousnwa:
Good day, abeg who who resides in San Diego? I need help oooooh, can someone help me pick up my i20 from California Miramar University?

CMU? Welcome onboard. Contact me asap chlsgt75@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by eldee365: 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2017
HonNellymike12:

I finished with bsc accounting, I got admission for master of criminal justice, thou I have some experience as an internal audit supervisor. Accounting is not selling again like before, go for a course that is of high demand in the USA.
Thank you for your contribution bro

Can you give example of course that is in high demand?

ps: i don't want to really leave the area of finance and Business so as not to struggle, my aim is to get fully funded, then again such stuffs require a certain gpa you have to maintain so as to continually get the funds, so please explain.

Thank you smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2017
For Engineering applicants who are looking for extra schools to apply to, you can check Michigan Tech, the graduate school application is free and you can upload GRE and Toefl score report but will have to request for official score report if you decide to enroll.It actually a decent school for Engineering, at least its ranked #62 for Civil Engineering. You have nothing to lose

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2017
adesegun14:

Thank you very much. Just got the other response as well
You're welcome!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kallowdean(m): 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2017
Are u sure... call discover. Except you did not click through the referral link.
i got mine always... grin grin grin
ProfOjah1234:

Lol.

A friend who referred me to get the Discover wasn't given a dime.. Maybe the $50 will appear tomorrow!..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by valchuks2020: 5:08pm On Oct 19, 2017
kelvinKD:
. thanks but better still is there one u can recommend?
If you still need where to lay your head before your interview pm me OK. Very close to embassy. You can use leg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kelvinKD: 6:29pm On Oct 19, 2017
dannyfrank1:

Ask them for campbell street tge hotel nh campbell hotel 3k per night.
. thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by winzy(m): 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2017
alutachuks:
Hello, Broo
What do you mean that you were denied Visa on the ground of community college?
Please explain.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jaybiz007(m): 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2017
Dancingpotato:
really? Have you been giving admission? Or you are for fall 2018?
In Auburn already. Got any questions you wanna ask? Feel free to ask. My ogas on this thread will do justice to those I may not be able to answer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bobmar: 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
obiagbaoso:
Guys please can someone submit more than two bank statement of account..

Guys please respond..cos am thinking of using my mum's accounts, company's account and my brothers account for both I20 and Visa...Please can I use more than 2 accounts..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Femmyy90: 7:47pm On Oct 19, 2017
femi312:
For Engineering applicants who are looking for extra schools to apply to, you can check Michigan Tech, the graduate school application is free and you can upload GRE and Toefl score report but will have to request for official score report if you decide to enroll.It actually a decent school for Engineering, at least its ranked #62 for Civil Engineering. You have nothing to lose

Already applied but waiting for decision
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by creabyn(m): 7:57pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hello house,

A friend wants to book an appointment in Lagos but the next available date is Nov 27 (as at the time of writing this), He checked out Abuja and the next available date is October 23 (as at the time of writing this). He was told that the VOs' in Abuja issue denial like pure water.. and that the ones in Lagos are still lenient.

How true is this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alutachuks: 8:01pm On Oct 19, 2017
Community colleges are perceived as RED flag ....I was not allowed to say more than few words before the VO handed over the blue paper to me...I was pre informed about it but it was already late.... I'm now looking for universities that can accept HND for MSc in Electrical, communication or IT related field
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dancingpotato(f): 8:07pm On Oct 19, 2017
valchuks2020:

If you still need where to lay your head before your interview pm me OK. Very close to embassy. You can use leg.
pls don't try this, safety first, you don't know who is who

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dancingpotato(f): 8:08pm On Oct 19, 2017
jaybiz007:

In Auburn already. Got any questions you wanna ask? Feel free to ask. My ogas on this thread will do justice to those I may not be able to answer.
pls let's relate inbox. plssss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by paulavon: 8:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
Pls explain what you meant by you were denied Visa on the ground of community college? Did you apply for associate degree?

alutachuks:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kelvinKD: 8:37pm On Oct 19, 2017
Dancingpotato:

pls don't try this, safety first, you don't know who is who
if everyone in this world think like this.. I'm sure no one will make progress.. sit down and b humble!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2017
creabyn:
Hello house,

A friend wants to book an appointment in Lagos but the next available date is Nov 27 (as at the time of writing this), He checked out Abuja and the next available date is October 23 (as at the time of writing this). He was told that the VOs' in Abuja issue denial like pure water.. and that the ones in Lagos are still lenient.

How true is this?
Abuja is now a nightmare for you. cheesy cheesy cheesy

For Lagos, just go for broke!! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sobastical: 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2017
obiagbaoso:

Guys please respond..cos am thinking of using my mum's accounts, company's account and my brothers account for both I20 and Visa...Please can I use more than 2 accounts..

Use your mum's account, no one will ask you for your account on the day of interview but it's just good to take precautions to hold one that day... no biggy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dancingpotato(f): 9:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
kelvinKD:
if everyone in this world think like this.. I'm sure no one will make progress.. sit down and b humble!!!!
its better u r both on a safer side. it is up to him anyway
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:43pm On Oct 19, 2017
kelvinKD:

humble ..... where did humble come from

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoyemela: 9:52pm On Oct 19, 2017
jaybiz007:

Hi so sorry to bother you. I recently got admitted for master in public administration at Auburn university. Just awaiting my 1-20 form to apply to visa. What's living in auburn like? I am hoping to resume in January by God's grace. Thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.