Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (695343 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheGreat342: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2017
A friend was asking if he can bring palm oil and groundnut oil to the US. Please, can one bring this kind of stuffs to US because me no carry anything enter here apart my clothes ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gospelozy(f): 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
ponpon:
Use brabit it's 40k
Hi, how do I get the brabit?? Please I really need it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2017
TheGreat342:
A friend was asking if he can bring palm oil and groundnut oil to the US. Please, can one bring this kind of stuffs to US because me no carry anything enter here apart my clothes ooo

a lot of foodstuffs are allowed however .........

groundnut oil is sold almost everywhere and its cheap so no need to carry across the ocean. Also there a possibility of pouring and staining everywhere. I would say Palm oil not hard to find depending on your location

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ponpon(m): 12:42am On Oct 22, 2017
TheGreat342:
bring only naija things that can't be purchased outside Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheManOfTheYear: 5:16am On Oct 22, 2017
Pushas:

Yes, same procedure. Write SAT/ACT and TOEFL. Send an email to the program coordinator or International office of your preferred school ask about scholarship/funding opportunities for undergraduates.

Ace your exams and Apply to your preferred schools. Get admission, apply for visa /port to America.
Thank you so much man. You too much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by wunmite90: 5:25am On Oct 22, 2017
Breamz:
Due to the help and advices I got from this forum, I would like to also like to help my fellow folks ... if there is anyone who needs a temporary stay in cleveland for few weeks before they get their own apartment ...
peace
yeah am also admitted to cleveland state university am coming early next year pls help kindly tex ur contant
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 22, 2017
wunmite90:
yeah am also admitted to cleveland state university am coming early next year pls help kindly tex ur contant

Omoh!
Na so you carry write AWA for GRE? Na joke o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kelvinKD: 7:30am On Oct 22, 2017
hello Good morning pple pls what are d necessary docs one need to take to d embassy for interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mayorboi(m): 7:49am On Oct 22, 2017
kelvinKD:
hello Good morning pple pls what are d necessary docs one need to take to d embassy for interview?

This has been posted here severally. Please endeavor to read through this thread or use the internet. Most information you need is out here & there.

Compulsory
• i-20
• Sevis fee receipt
• DS-1-160 confirmation page
• GT-B payment confirmation.
• International passport.

Necessary
• Financial Docs
• Academic Transcripts & Certs
• Test scores report.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by hectoruche(m): 7:54am On Oct 22, 2017
Please I got an admission for an associate degree (industrial and mechanical engineering) in a community college at Texas, I already have a B.eng in mechanical engineering.
I have paid the i-901 fee.
What should I do next while applying for visa, an agent said I should bring 75,000 naira, so he can process it for me. I already paid the visa fee at gtbank.
And I also want to know my chances of been granted a visa to study at the community college.

Please I need help. ASAP.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mayorboi(m): 8:08am On Oct 22, 2017
hectoruche:
Please I got an admission for an associate degree (industrial and mechanical engineering) in a community college at Texas, I already have a B.eng in mechanical engineering.
What should I do next while applying for visa, an agent said I should bring 75,000 naira, so he can process it for me. I already paid the visa fee at gtbank.
And I also want to know my chances of been granted a visa to study at the community college.

Process what for you? Be wary of these agents. I am sure an agent processed your admission too else why would a B.eng(Mech) holder be going for an associate degree? How do you even explain this to the VO. If you can defend it just fine then your chances are as good as any.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by comfort207: 8:10am On Oct 22, 2017
the first thing i did when i came here is read previous pages, i read over 100 pages to catch up, it might sound like too much but information is key, please read previous pages, you will learn a lot. part of why i sugested this is because it has been repeated here over and over to stay away from agents.
you are computer literate, you dont need and agent, follow the steps, get your 1-20 and pay for servis then go to a cyber cafe if you dont have strong internet connection at home and fill your ds 160 and book interview. you can also be asking google as you go and you can be done easy peasy. please stay away from agents, all they are good at is collecting money and forging documents and messing your records up
hectoruche:

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lasthero: 8:28am On Oct 22, 2017
Hello, I need some clarifications from WES Experts in the house.

Does WES evaluate carryover courses twice?.

I mean when a course is failed in one level and re-taken in another level and passed. Will both levels be evaluated? Or only the year passed?

Cc LagosismyHome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by hectoruche(m): 8:29am On Oct 22, 2017
Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Obyknow(m): 8:42am On Oct 22, 2017
Hello gurus
Please what is the minimum amount one must have in his account, before considering going for a M.Eng program in the states.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mgrichboss(m): 8:50am On Oct 22, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
What is HBCU??

I will Google up to search for them

Historical Black colleges and Universities
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ponlear(m): 8:54am On Oct 22, 2017
@henrymor !!

Let's sent a pm

I am a prospective Geography / GIS applicant

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mgrichboss(m): 8:58am On Oct 22, 2017
Pushas:

Yes, same procedure. Write SAT/ACT and TOEFL. Send an email to the program coordinator or International office of your preferred school ask about scholarship/funding opportunities for undergraduates.

Ace your exams and Apply to your preferred schools. Get admission, apply for visa /port to America.

Bro most colleges waive TOEFL for students from Nigeria.. I'm very sure! A good SAT score of 1200 upward and a nice GPA of 3.0 and above should get him a full tuition at most if not full ride in most universities

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 22, 2017
Hello Chidinho10 -

Yes, this advice applies to any disability.
Chidinho10:

Nice
Are there such similar provisions for people with speech deficiencies like stuttering to adequately present their responses?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Frankaka8(m): 9:04am On Oct 22, 2017
Guys pls i need a headup... i have applied for fall 2018 for Graduate degree in Biotech in US (I already have a bsc in biochem in Nigeria),i have uploaded all docs except financial statement wch am working on. Then out of the blues, my aunt called in and told me to apply for an undergraduate prog in nursing/health science in a univ in florida for Spring session 2018, she just mailed me the form n details. (she would also process it herself in d states via a contact friend). My questions are.... (1) with my age (close to 30) on my passport, would it be an issue to the VO that am applying for an undergraduate prog? (2) after applying for undergraduate prog for spring 2018, would it distort my application for graduate deg in fall 2018? Cos my details might be checked. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 9:06am On Oct 22, 2017
TheGreat342:

The last time I checked palm oil, and maybe groundnut oil, is/are not allowed into the airplane due to increased chances of flaming up due to increased gravity while the aircraft is in the air. Do not bother about carrying those, you can buy them in many states here in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 9:10am On Oct 22, 2017
Frankaka8:
Guys pls i need a headup... i have applied for fall 2018 for Graduate degree in Biotech in US (I already have a bsc in biochem in Nigeria),i have uploaded all docs except financial statement wch am working on. Then out of the blues, my aunt called in and told me to apply for an undergraduate prog in nursing/health science in a univ in florida for Spring session 2018, she just mailed me the form n details. (she would also process it herself in d states via a contact friend). My questions are.... (1) with my age (close to 30) on my passport, would it be an issue to the VO that am applying for an undergraduate prog? (2) after applying for undergraduate prog for spring 2018, would it distort my application for graduate deg in fall 2018? Cos my details might be checked. Thanks in anticipation.

Why don't you apply for Msc in Biotech for Spring 2018 instead of Fall 2018, at the same time you are applying to the nursing program at UniFlorida, obtain your visa with your Msc degree and transfer (SEVIS transfer) to UniFlorida upon arrival in the US? Your chances of getting your visa with a bsc degree when you have a prior one, especially when you are close to/are 30 years old are very very slim.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 9:12am On Oct 22, 2017
Obyknow:
Hello gurus
Please what is the minimum amount one must have in his account, before considering going for a M.Eng program in the states.

There is no set amount, it varies on the university/school you are applying to. Cheaper schools will have lower minimum requirements and expensive schools will have higher minimum requirements. I have seen low financial requirements of $25,000 and as high as $40,000. So, it depends on the school and you can find out the figure from the school's website (on their international student webpage/I20 requirement).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 9:14am On Oct 22, 2017
lasthero:

I mean when a course is failed in one level and re-taken in another level and passed. Will both levels be evaluated? Or only the year passed?

Cc LagosismyHome

No, WES does not include failed courses in WES evaluation, only in the year they were passed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lasthero: 9:15am On Oct 22, 2017
lasthero:

Cc LagosismyHome

I need help pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 9:17am On Oct 22, 2017
hectoruche:

First, you have gotten admission, received your I20 probably, paid your visa fee and and sevis fee. At this point you do not need an agent for anything again, not even before.

Second, a bsc holder going for associate bachelors degree at a community college is like a Bsc holder from UNIZIK Nigeria going for National Diploma at IMT. You really think you stand a good chance at the embassy? You be your own judge.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Femmyy90: 9:24am On Oct 22, 2017
Any point part university applicants??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Probz(m): 9:24am On Oct 22, 2017
bigfrancis21:

The last time I checked palm oil, and maybe groundnut oil, is/are not allowed into the airplane due to increased chances of flaming up due to increased gravity while in the aircraft is in the air. Do not bother about carrying those, you can buy them in many states here in the US.

Not that the conc. palm “oil” in obodo oyibo is anything like Anambra palm oil. Lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lasthero: 9:48am On Oct 22, 2017
bigfrancis21:

No, WES does not include failed courses in WES evaluation, only in the year they were passed.

Thanks so much. My mind is now at rest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 10:02am On Oct 22, 2017
Probz:

Not that the conc. palm “oil” in obodo oyibo is anything like Anambra palm oil. Lol.

Oh yes, the palm oil they sell here ain't close to the original we have back home. They sell 'enu mmanu' here. grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheManOfTheYear: 10:08am On Oct 22, 2017
Mgrichboss:

Historical Black colleges and Universities
got it.. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kelvinKD: 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
Mayorboi:

This has been posted here severally. Please endeavor to read through this thread or use the internet. Most information you need is out here & there.

Compulsory
• i-20
• Sevis fee receipt
• DS-1-160 confirmation page
• GT-B payment confirmation.
• International passport.

Necessary
• Financial Docs
• Academic Transcripts & Certs
• Test scores report.
. thanks man

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.