Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (698646 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 1:32pm On Oct 28, 2017
sayilousnwa:

Marshal University West Virginia but it's gonna be through a Pathway program, and dia fees strong die ooooh na like 33k both living expenses and tution na if it hasn't increased now so it's left for you to decide if you would like to go through that route off course tofel is waived for Nigerians, have someone that went through the pathway this year around August and he applied for physical studies cum Aerobic studies and after the interview he was successful shaaaa ........

Stop encouraging this lazy agents.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 1:45pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hello house... Please I need a help of anyone who can help me pay for my i20 form (68$) and my sevis fee.. I am going to pay the person in naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2017
Damilare5882:
Hello house... Please I need a help of anyone who can help me pay for my i20 form (68$) and my sevis fee.. I am going to pay the person in naira

send a pm to
bigfrancis21:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by thacokeboy: 2:15pm On Oct 28, 2017
Sanctus1:
am going for professional degree (MED LAB) with my first degree in biochemistry..my interview slated 4th december..anyone with clue on how to go forward or anyone here with same date..?
yea
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by adesegun14: 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hello house.
Can someone request for SEVIS ID when he's yet to pay for it? I need the SEVIS id to fill my visa application form. I need your response. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by amanze15(m): 2:36pm On Oct 28, 2017
femi312:
All these no name universities, what will life be after graduate studies? Even people who attend top schools still hustle to get jobs..sigh
femi tell them abeg undecided undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Otaifo1953: 3:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
Walspring:

Sorry for late reply, i hope its not too late and can we get this done this weekend via phone? If yes send me pm and i send you a number to call

Walspring, please reply my pm. I would like to get your number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Otaifo1953: 3:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
Otaifo1953:

Thanks for the prompt reply. I just sent you another pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:20pm On Oct 28, 2017
LagosismyHome:

you appear busier than Uncle Buhari ooo....take it easy

Lol... I never reach that level ooo

His shoe is too big for me to put my leg inside
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2017
jerrypeacelinks:
Uncle Walspring, U haf scarce like potholes in Dubai oooo.. I just PMed u now sha... Fresh and smelling nice from Ajaokuta bakery

I replied your pm immediately i got it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheManOfTheYear: 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2017
Observing from Surulere Lagos. grin

Baba God,make my location change to something like Jacksonville Florida grin cool

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2017
Otaifo1953:

I will get that done soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
Damilare5882:

How soon do you want to make the payment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
adesegun14:
Hello house.
Can someone request for SEVIS ID when he's yet to pay for it? I need the SEVIS id to fill my visa application form. I need your response. Thank you.

Sevis ID is on your I20 and it starts with N00xxxxx and you can fill visa application form before pay for sevis fee and you just need to be care when doing the calculation for sevis payment so that you won't end up not paying before going for interview

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by HonNellymike12(m): 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2017
oduzbaba2015:
Goodmorning, my people of nairaland, a friend of mine wen to Cotonou to pay is sevis fees but to his surprise e was told the payment is not going through as e was told to generate another coupon again still same tin, house what can cause decline in payment via wu.

Thanks

From the information and intels have gathered, sevis fee can only be paid by someone in the US. Because I just paid mine yesterday through my cousin and it went straight without issue. Call the customer care of western union maybe there could be a solution.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2017
Damilare5882:

Contact me asap. I can assist you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
oduzbaba2015:
Goodmorning, my people of nairaland, a friend of mine wen to Cotonou to pay is sevis fees but to his surprise e was told the payment is not going through as e was told to generate another coupon again still same tin, house what can cause decline in payment via wu.

Thanks

Sevis fee is best paid by someone in the US. I have $500 for exchange. Contact me asap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2017
This your shaaaa sha!!!! grin grin

sayilousnwa:

Marshal University West Virginia but it's gonna be through a Pathway program, and dia fees strong die ooooh na like 33k both living expenses and tution na if it hasn't increased now so it's left for you to decide if you would like to go through that route off course tofel is waived for Nigerians, have someone that went through the pathway this year around August and he applied for physical studies cum Aerobic studies and after the interview he was successful shaaaa ........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 7:39pm On Oct 28, 2017
Its annoying I saw nothing. I had to even send you an ordinary email to your hotmail account if am not mistaken. I don't wantu start suspecting my village people cos they don't even know what am up to presently..
Walspring:

I replied your pm immediately i got it

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Osunguy: 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2017
Good evening my family, please who knows anything about 'grand canyon university'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Osunguy: 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2017
Osunguy:
Good evening my family, please who knows anything about 'grand canyon university'
I hope its not a *no name school*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by adesegun14: 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2017
Thank you.

Walspring:

Sevis ID is on your I20 and it starts with N00xxxxx and you can fill visa application form before pay for sevis fee and you just need to be care when doing the calculation for sevis payment so that you won't end up not paying before going for interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
Please house, I just noticed something. While I was booking my visa appointment, I noted that I will like to depart Nigeria on the 10th of January, 2018. However, I was just reviewing my I-20 now only to discover that 10th January is stated for compulsory Orientation for Freshers/ New students. I wish to know if there is a problem with this? Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by djfrancis: 11:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
veraanalo:
i applied to the university of south florida and what transcript are you talking of
Was it for the university of south florida you were denied?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by djfrancis: 12:24am On Oct 29, 2017
Hi everyone, first time on here.

First of all, I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of a Graduate Pathway program as I applied for a pathway program in University of South Florida (USF) through a friend of mine who is an agent to study Entrepreneurship in Applied Technologies.

He suggested that most schools (averagely priced schools) for spring 2018 had closed and that if I still wanted to make spring which is my only choice, a pathway program was the best for me. That it is even cheaper and faster in USF (around 25k, 16 months period) such that I could apply for a Ph.d asap or with my UK masters instead of wasting time.

My documents have been evaluted by WES (2.74 US equivalent undergrad and 3.57 equivalent masters)

Issues that I currently have include:

1. I already have a masters degree in International business economics from a UK university

2. I scored 297 in my GRE (q 150, v 147 awa 3.5). Used it to apply for Management Information Sciences (my 1st course choice) at Baruch college, CUNY but was rejected based on my essay and verbal score. Although, my transcript didn't get to them on time for fall 2017 and so had to be shifted but still got rejected.

3. Since 2015 till date, rejected 4 times at different Us consulates. London, twice in belfast, abuja (family application). All were B1/B2 applications

Into USF ( that is what its called for pathway) requested for my transcript to complete the decision or evaluation process.

I need advice from similar experiences or educational advice to determine if I am taking the right step or not. Kindly assist please. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by queensheba19: 4:06am On Oct 29, 2017
djfrancis:
Hi everyone, first time on here.

First of all, I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of a Graduate Pathway program as I applied for a pathway program in University of South Florida (USF) through a friend of mine who is an agent to study Entrepreneurship in Applied Technologies.

He suggested that most schools (averagely priced schools) for spring 2018 had closed and that if I still wanted to make spring which is my only choice, a pathway program was the best for me. That it is even cheaper and faster in USF (around 25k, 16 months period) such that I could apply for a Ph.d asap or with my UK masters instead of wasting time.

My documents have been evaluted by WES (2.74 US equivalent undergrad and 3.57 equivalent masters)

Issues that I currently have include:

1. I already have a masters degree in International business economics from a UK university

2. I scored 297 in my GRE (q 150, v 147 awa 3.5). Used it to apply for Management Information Sciences (my 1st course choice) at Baruch college, CUNY but was rejected based on my essay and verbal score. Although, my transcript didn't get to them on time for fall 2017 and so had to be shifted but still got rejected.

3. Since 2015 till date, rejected 4 times at different Us consulates. London, twice in belfast, abuja (family application).

Into USF ( that is what its called for pathway) requested for my transcript to complete the decision or evaluation process.

I need advice from similar experiences or educational advice to determine if I am taking the right step or not. Kindly assist please. Thanks

HELLO THERE.
BASED ON YOUR PROFILE, YOU ARE NOT THE TYPE OF STUDENT THAT GRADUATE PATHWAY PROGRAMS WAS CREATED FOR.
WHY? THE PROGRAM WAS CREATED TO CAPTURE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS WHO HAVE ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE. YOU HAVE A MASTERS FROM A SCHOOL IN THE UK...SO YOU DON'T NEED A PATHWAY PROGRAM. YOU'LL HAVE A BETTER CHANCE APPLYING TO A SCHOOL THAT HAS A MAJOR THAT COMPLIMENTS, BUT IS DIFFERENT FROM YOUR MASTERS DEGREE, OR APPLYING TO A PHD PROGRAM. YOU SHOULD ALSO INVEST IN IMPROVING YOUR VERBAL & WRITING SCORE. A MASTERS DEGREE IS RESEARCHED BASED AND YOU NEED TO DEMONSTRATE THAT YOU HAVE GOOD READING COMPREHENSION AND CAN COMMUNICATE IN WRITTEN FORM.

I KNOW YOU WANT SPRING ADMISSION, BUT IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW SOON, BUT HOW WELL.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by queensheba19: 4:09am On Oct 29, 2017
LagosismyHome:

dont think that response has a right or wrong answer. if you are staying in school hostel then there absolutely nothing wrong with that. if you staying offcampus that fine too ....

FOR WHEREVER YOU SAY YOU'RE STAYING, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVIDENCE OF THE FINANCIAL MEANS TO PAY FOR IT. STAYING IN THE DORM WILL REQUIRE THE FUNDS UPFRONT. IF STAYING WITH A RELATIVE, AND AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT WILL LIKELY BE REQUIRED.

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.