Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,446 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697719 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 12:01am On Nov 11, 2017
paulavon:
Discouraging people from applying to community colleges is very wrong. Not everyone is interested in going for their masters,people have their different reasons for going to study in the US. Someone with WAEC should be encouraged to go for an associate degree and graduate in 2 yeas, there are lots of job opportunities for associate degree holders.

Are you absolutely sure about this? Sounds like a joke

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 12:01am On Nov 11, 2017
michelcedric:

If I disclosed the name of the School want you want to do?

If you have any idea or solution I'm sure you can make it known considering I've already disclosed that I ve been in touch with them severally.

Maybe you have been in touch with VIU severally grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 12:12am On Nov 11, 2017
michelcedric:

Thanks Sis, at least someone understands my desire to maintain some level of discretion (even if it seems it's s unnecessary).

I already said the school hasn't responded to my application and it looks like it has taken longer than It should. I went further to state that it's a known public university; which makes me wonder why these guys are saying it's a bleep school( I suspect the word "bleep" sounds too nice coming from them) For the second time they fail to read between the lines.

Which other info do they need to give suggestions on what I should do?

It's a known public university..bla bla bla..what's that? You need help and you don't want to mention your school. You are not even admitted yet...smh..you are not ready

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 12:24am On Nov 11, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

See them, awon bleep university. Nonsense upon ingridients angry

Uncle check your PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by deyondanni: 1:07am On Nov 11, 2017
Pls any one going to alcorn state 4 fall 2∅18?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 1:53am On Nov 11, 2017
Ishilove:

So life in Nigeria doesn't get busy, abi? angry angry angry

Lol. You won't understand Evangelist and Disciplinarian Ishilove. cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by olumide098(m): 2:05am On Nov 11, 2017
imperiouxx:

It's simple..... 99% of those that got their visa here can't even remember their login password anymore after a few months. You think that's a joke, right? You will soon get it.

You can say that again and again...America is another life entirely...you will be hustling to pay rent, car insurance, phone bills and credit card bills....thinking about bills will not even let you call some love ones....Apart from bills you will be thinking about some courses and crazy assignment from the lecturer....I prayed that Person get visa to come and witness and experience another version of life..How are you doing bro? longest time

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 2:11am On Nov 11, 2017
paulavon:
Discouraging people from applying to community colleges is very wrong. Not everyone is interested in going for their masters,people have their different reasons for going to study in the US. Someone with WAEC should be encouraged to go for an associate degree and graduate in 2 yeas, there are lots of job opportunities for associate degree holders.

No one is discouraging nor has discouraged anybody here from applying to community colleges. I noticed that we Nigerians often have a hard time differentiating between negatives and probability. Nobody ever said you will never get a visa while going to a community college, but rather your chances are much slimmer compared to going with a university admit. For example, if 1 or 2 out of 15 applicants with a CC admission is visa approved compared to 6 or 7 out of 10 university applicants, in terms of percentages, this would translate to 7%-13% chance of approval for CC admits compared to 60%-70% chance of approval for university admits. That is your chances are much higher with a university admit, with preparation of course, compared to a CC admit. In fact, going through the last 9 or 10 threads of this great topic, you can count the handful number of CC admits with visa approved (and much higher number of CC denials) that we have had over the last 6 to 8 years, however, the number of successful university admits is innumerable. The once-in-a-while visa-approved CC candidate that we often see here happens to be the 1 or 2 out of 15 in the earlier example given above. I do not have the perfect/exact statistics but the example above should give you a pretty much general picture.

Finally, it has been said here severally that if you are really bent on going to a CC, apply to your CC and also a university, obtain your visa with your university admission but transfer to the CC upon arrival in the US. Nobody is against anybody taking a CC admission to the embassy, after all it is your money that you are wasting, however, if you do that, your chances are much slimmer compared to a university admission holder.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 2:14am On Nov 11, 2017
michelcedric:

If I disclosed the name of the School want you want to do?

If you have any idea or solution I'm sure you can make it known considering I've already disclosed that I ve been in touch with them severally.

While it is totally up to you to keep your choice of university private, on the other hand, you might be missing out on potential wealth of information from anyone here studying there/who studied there/who applied there that could have helped you out.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 4:08am On Nov 11, 2017
Sanctus1:

to be a medical laboratory scientist, i have to complete two years since i already have a bachelor's in biochemistry

At what level? Grad or undergrad?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 4:11am On Nov 11, 2017
olumide098:

You can say that again and again...America is another life entirely...you will be hustling to pay rent, car insurance, phone bills and credit card bills....thinking about bills will not even let you call some love ones....Apart from bills you will be thinking about some courses and crazy assignment from the lecturer....I prayed that Person get visa to come and witness and experience another version of life..How are you doing bro? longest time

If they are not here, they can never understand.

I'm fine. How about you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 4:16am On Nov 11, 2017
biikeys:

Are you absolutely sure about this? Sounds like a joke

Most definitely grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Timi1990(m): 5:11am On Nov 11, 2017
chingynas:
Please who can be of help here with the help of i-20 shipment with UEMS global using PayPal...I will pay him/her in Naira..Please this is needed as soon as possible..

Send me a PM

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kidUrbane: 5:17am On Nov 11, 2017
Hello house,
I'd like to know my chances of getting a visa approval if I am deviating from my undergraduate program to an entirely different field/ program for masters. How do I convince the VO that I genuinely want to study. Say for example I am deviating from a plant science undergraduate program to a communications program at the Masters level. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ayat1209(m): 6:19am On Nov 11, 2017
Hello everyone in the house.. Thanks for the wealth of information you all are spreading. I have an issue with the university I applied to, the name of the university is California state University Sacramento, I applied on 21st of August and till now, whenever I check my admission status, it showing 'pending department decision'.. I am really beginning to lose hope. I sent an email to the graduate admissions on 30th of October, the reply I got is the attached photo.. Please, should still be hopeful or just forget about the admission.. Thanks in anticipation for your contributions..

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 6:39am On Nov 11, 2017
Ayat1209:
Hello everyone in the house.. Thanks for the wealth of information you all are spreading. I have an issue with the university I applied to, the name of the university is California state University Sacramento, I applied on 21st of August and till now, whenever I check my admission status, it showing 'pending department decision'.. I am really beginning to lose hope. I sent an email to the graduate admissions on 30th of October, the reply I got is the attached photo.. Please, should still be hopeful or just forget about the admission.. Thanks in anticipation for your contributions..
this isn't a guarantee that you will get admitted it simple means that either they received huge volume of applications or are really scrutinizing the ones they have. Graduate admissions committee are filled with faculty who either "publish or perish", so between Graduate supervision, grant chasing, conference talks and paper writing a lot of faculty are quite busy, especially if they are young, so the admission review may take longer, but if you're confident enough that you beat their averages by a long shot, then you can remain hopeful.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 11, 2017
Am not really interested in the name...just that some schools are yet to realse their admission decision...and you can only confirm that by posting the name...so that you will know whether they ve realsed or not....goodluck

michelcedric:

It's to the best of my interest i don't mention the name. But it's not a one building uni though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by falanaseyi: 7:11am On Nov 11, 2017
blesyndy360:
��� Thanks

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ayat1209(m): 7:15am On Nov 11, 2017
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ayat1209(m): 7:20am On Nov 11, 2017
[Thanks much... ]this isn't a guarantee that you will get admitted it simple means that either they received huge volume of applications or are really scrutinizing the ones they have. Graduate admissions committee are filled with faculty who either "publish or perish", so between Graduate supervision, grant chasing, conference talks and paper writing a lot of faculty are quite busy, especially if they are young, so the admission review may take longer, but if you're confident enough that you beat their averages by a long shot, then you can remain hopeful.[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by goodemma20(m): 7:30am On Nov 11, 2017
Ayat1209:
I applied to that University too and I was given admit, just keep on waiting and praying and hope for the best, see if you can get your i20 fee and SEVIS fee now so that you don't waste time when the admit comes, is it the only school you applied to?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 11, 2017
gbaby4live:

FYI, I applied to 3 schools and the 3 gave me admission with merit Scholarship..
So, you see that you are doing yourself kiss

Anyway, I've actually helped in contacting the elders in your Village to free you.. grin

I gat important things to do bro..

Later things..

Scholarship bro help me out is it SAT or what how you do urs ... God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by adey2014: 8:28am On Nov 11, 2017
michelcedric:
Tis almost 3 months and I'm yet to get a response from the school I applied to. I'm this close to being tired of calling and mailing...
there are many reasons why u are being asked to mention the school.
1.there cud be someone in the thread who has applied to the same school and in the same scenario as u.
2. the gurus cud actually have an idea about the school admissions process
3. there cud also be someone who currently studies in the school and cud give first hand info abt the process.
in all honesty. there are over three thousand schools in the states and keeping the name of the school makes it so difficult for anyone who is willing to help.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by HonNellymike12(m): 8:53am On Nov 11, 2017
adey2014:
there are many reasons why u are being asked to mention the school.
1.there cud be someone in the thread who has applied to the same school and in the same scenario as u.
2. the gurus cud actually have an idea about the school admissions process
3. there cud also be someone who currently studies in the school and cud give first hand info abt the process.
in all honesty. there are over three thousand schools in the states and keeping the name of the school makes it so difficult for anyone who is willing to help.

Please stop giving him advice, his Ego will soon come down by this time next year, his eyes will be more clearer by then. Na dis kind of Ego you want to carry to America, you must be jonzing. When will get to America, we shall send u invitation letter,let him continue in his own world of secrecy

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 9:01am On Nov 11, 2017
please any student from TAMUK here? please PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Beauideal: 9:55am On Nov 11, 2017
Kelvinbabyface1:
Visa Approved this Morning 6:30AM

I was interviewed by a woman in her Late 30s. I was the first Person to be interviewed by her...But noticed Blue paper flying here and there, I decided never to let that distabilize me,

My Transcript goes Thus:

Me: Good morning Ma
Vo: Good morning

VO: Pass me your passport and I-20 Form
I humbly obliged.

VO: Where in US are you going to?
Me: America National University, Virginia for my MBA course concentration will be on Organization Behavior.

VO: Why ANU?
Me: The school has maintained quality Education for over 130 years, and its rooted in Business Adminstration, Tuition fee is quite affordable, The school offers scholarships and Grants for international students, I reserached and found out about the environment Low crime rate and small class sizes for one to learn fast, i also gathered information from the school via there website confirmed they have quality customer service representative, lastly the lecturers and professors are friendly enough to render assistance to students who are having issues...VO cuts in :

VO: Why MBA?
Me: It's a vital requirement that will enable me assume a managerial role here in my company Nigeria and my organization had given me leave letter to that effect...VO: she was nodding her head like someone that is collecting back lash..Lol...Continue It will expose me to Innovative business ideas, considering the fact that my organisation is expanding, we will need more hands to be trained, cordinate and manage staffs strength, by making them imbibe the culture and organizational ambition,

VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 5,

VO: List them?
Me: University of marryland, University of Dallas, America National University, St joseph University Philadephia, however, i could not remember the 5th one, VO...Stairing at me and the looks on her face was like so you can't remember the 5th one...

VO: How many offered you Admission?
Me: All the schools offered me admission VO....was surprised and she gave me a look with a big smile that was like this guy must be a genius for him to get admitted into 5 schools...For my mind i was feeling cool.

VO: So why the school?
Me: Again i repeated the same response ni, ...VO.. kept nodding her head.

VO: Where do you work?
Me:I told the her,

VO: What do you do at work?
Me: I told her i'm a Business Services/Customer Relation Officer, I take order and follow through for swift delivery, I also operate as a Business development officer with my organization, i create business ideas and provide excellent customer service skills, Customer Retention,Data Analysis and mentainance...VO...cuts in

VO: What is your highest Education?
Me: Bsc Hons in Sociology and Anthropology

VO: When did you graduate?
Me: I told her 2008

VO: So what have you been doing since then?
Me : I told her i served 2010 with GTB and ever since then i kept building my career path with the financial institution and communication Coy

VO: What was your score in GMAT and TOELF?
Me: I was blanked for a second.....I told her , The school found my credentials/qualification satisfactory, It was wave and also due to the fact that i'm coming from an English Speaking country....VO...Insisted that GMAT?...i had to repeat my self again that they were impressed that my qualification made them grant me admission into the school.

VO: Who is Sponsoring you?
Me: My Brother

VO: What does he do for a living?
Me: He is a Petroleum Engineer presently working with.......Oil Company.

VO: I will be approving your VISA, you can pick up your bla bla bla bla and handed over the white paper....................

I just went blank immediately, all she said did not even enter my head...

VO: What credit Units does your course have.....I went blank for some seconds...i thought she was talking to the person behind thou,
Me:I said see devil at work oo....I told her 56....I could not wait for another..

I just said thank you ma and left.

I specially want to thank God and Mr Texrem, this guy is just so exceptional, then I want to say a big thank to rash , and others who contributed to my success.

See you all at the top.
Congratulations to you... Pls I have some questions if u don't mind. I am also a graduate of Sociology and anthropology from OAU. Pls I need some information on what to as I still had a low score on my second attempt at gmat 490 -- pls I don't mind if u can drop me a mail visitadex12@yahoo.com . Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by michelcedric(m): 10:12am On Nov 11, 2017
bigfrancis21:

While it is totally up to you to keep your choice of university private, on the other hand, you might be missing out on potential wealth of information from anyone here studying there/who studied there/who applied there that could have helped you out.

NAME OF SCHOOL IS EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damidala1(f): 10:25am On Nov 11, 2017
Hello everyone...
Please I need you all help please I applied for a university and I was told to maill my original hard copy of waec result and school transit also am scared that risky please hope its safe and help I need please on visa what and what to do please...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 10:45am On Nov 11, 2017
imperiouxx:

At what level? Grad or undergrad?

UNDERGRADUATE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dupsaw: 10:55am On Nov 11, 2017
Damidala1:
Hello everyone...
Please I need you all help please I applied for a university and I was told to maill my original hard copy of waec result and school transit also am scared that risky please hope its safe and help I need please on visa what and what to do please...

I guess what they mean is that Waec office should mail it to them directly, please do not send your waec to anyone on no account because that is the only copy you would ever be issued. Middle Tennessee state university also told me the same thing. They want waec to send it to them directly

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.