Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697581 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alexandersherif: 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2017
Eanionz:
GLORY BE TO GOD. He is a faithful God. my Visa was approved on the 7th of November, 2017@ lagos Embassy, 6:30am Visa appointment .
I appreciate the inestimable effort made by bigfrancis21 in reviewing my transcript before the interview
V.O Good morning, smile
ME Good morning sir, smile too
V.O Can I have your passport
ME Yes, here you go
V.O And form em.... form I -20
ME: Yes, I quickly passed it

V.O Where are you going in the US
ME WSU Dayton, Ohio, for my masters degree program in Electrical and Electrical Engineering with specialization in power systems.
V.O Started typing for over 30 seconds
V.O Why that school
ME Because WSU is well known for its excellent research programs especially in Electrical and Electronic Engineering field. I will also have the opportunity to do my research work under prof. marian k. kazimierczuk whose present research interest in renewable energy tallies with my intended research topic. I have contacted him and he was very happy with my CV and GRE score.

V.O What type of renewable energy
ME solar energy. you know Nigeria is the most populous Africa Country and blessed with sunlight in excess, yet Nigeria is posed with great challenge on how to fulfil its energy demand to her citizens due to lack of practical skills. That's why I'm going to WSU to gather the necessary practical skills to utilise the available solar potentials.
My plan is to return to Nigeria upon successful completion of my graduate studies and embark on rural solar electrification in partnership with government like Enugu state rural electrification board, Anambra state rural electrification board etc and nongovernmental organisations like Alliance for rural development of Nigeria etc whereby solar modules will be installed for individuals in the communities at zero upfront cost , after which they will be charged for energy consumed monthly. By doing this, it will remove the initial installation cost factor that has hindered people in the communities from appreciating the prospects in off grid renewable energy supply.

V.O how often do people use solar energy in Nigeria
ME Nigerians use solar Energy very well but popularly in cities but my target is in the rural areas.
V.O Where do you work
My dad's Company.......... an Electrical Engineering company ,as a field Engineer
V.O You work in your father's business
ME yes sir
V.O Who is your sponsor
ME My dad
V.O he started typing for over one minute, stopped, circled my collection centre in the white paper and said congratulations, your visa has been approved..............
ME Thank you sir
ALL GLORY TO MY FAITHFUL GOD! Thank you BIGFRANCIS21 and Nairaland family
Just know everything about the course you want to study. All the best my people!!!

Congratulations
God bless your new journey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Upandup: 2:25pm On Nov 16, 2017
Congrats to those who have their visas approved and funding too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 2:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
Good news full nairaland today .. joy filled my heart reading all those transcripts ... More approval to we awaiting our interview ijn..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lorlardey94: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2017
Walspring:

Only you sabi what to describe there and you have already posted it here and why asking for solution when you have the solution with you. gringringrin

Can't just laugh myself out! Thanks anyway. You know sometimes you just get stocked even when you seem to have a solution to a problem. You need to consult the elders and professionals in order not to mess up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by hardeythunji: 2:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
Gistallover:
Who is going to Cleveland state university here... Let's connect

I am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2017
lorlardey94:
Good morning everyone please i need someone to help me by suggesting an answer to a portion of my DS-120 form as I am not really sure of what I should say. Currently, i am an undergraduate degree student at the Uni in Nigeria studying pure and applied biology but going to study Bilogical Science in the US as an undergraduate transfer student.

Please, find attached the snap copy of the section for your help. Thank you all and waiting for your responses.
God bless you real good.

undergraduate transfer student.......That na interesting one as I don't see that often but see most students starting all over again

what level are you going to be in . A junior ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lorlardey94: 3:22pm On Nov 16, 2017
LagosismyHome:

undergraduate transfer student.......That na interesting one as I don't see that often but see most students starting all over again

what level are you going to be in . A junior ?

Second year. Guess they didn't apply all the transfer credit. Since I am currently in my year three here. Not bothered about it anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by obaxlove(m): 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2017
Stanleych007:
Goodmorning house...After serious prayers and fasting, infact the way i read for my interview not sure i read this much during my finar year exams. Had my interview this morning at Lagos Consulate 6:30am with the young patient lady at he extreme counter.. Transcripts below

VO: Goodmornin

Me: Good morning how are you

VO: Am fine thank you (smiled) cont'd Why are you going to the US

Me: Am going for my masters degree program in Environmental Earth and Geospartial Sciences

VO: Why did you choose this course?

Me: In line with my career and research interest..She interrupts me 'Dont give me a career speech, just tell me why you chose this course.

Me: I chose this course coming from my UG degree in Industrial Microbiology this course will equip me with the necessary skills an Environmental and Geographic Informations Analyst to make policy recommendations for Land use/Land cover data, determine environmental parameters responsible for geo hazards like oil spillage also policy recommendations on environmental regulations and compliance as currently there's so much exploration and deploration going on in the country esp the Niger Delta region with little or no emphasis on conservation and sustainability, This course will also help me in citing of critical facilities like dams, waste disposal sites and nuclear reactors.. I will also (She cut me off )

VO: I see you graduated in 2010 what have you been doing since then?

Me: After my graduation I went for my youth service where I served with the Nigerian Immigration Service until 2011 I joined my cousins haulage company as an Asst Logistics and Operations Manager until 2015 I joined the Imo State House of Assembly as a Legislative Aide to the Chairman House Committee on Environment and SDG.

VO: How many schools did you apply to

Me : 3 schools..

VO: okay Name them

Me: North Carolina Central Uni..University of Maryland and California State Uni

VO: So why did u choose this school

Me: I needed school that offered these two course, Remote Sensing of Natural resources and Digital Geographic Inf systems as electives in my program concentration and I discovers that 60% of my program unlike other schools was based on core field experience. I've also established a research relationship with Prof Timothy Mulroney who has an ongoing research on Geomorphic processes and he's offered me a spot in his research team.
VO: (She smiled a little and i thought it was over..why didn't you go for Uni of Maryland? I did a course at Uni of Maryland and am aware they have these same course..

Me: i said no Uni of Maryland made use of Analog GIS while NCCU makes us of the advanced Digital GIS..

VO: So you are married

Me: Yes

VO: Children?

Me: I have a daughter

VO: So will your family be visting you

Me: No not sure for now but if we can afford the trip sure they will.

VO: Whose sponsoring you and what does he do

Me: My Uncle, he's an Oil marketer, owns several fuel stations in the east.

VO: Do you have his statement?

Me: Yes..

VO: Okay I will have to keep your passport and place you on Administrative processing. We will contact you once we are done within one week.

My brethren I just tire..This has go to be the longest interview of my life..anyway back to my prayers I just hope God seals this..since I've provided every honest information they need of me. If you're in my situation join me in hallelujah challenge this midnight..

Apart from passport, did u submit any other documents?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oyindamola1234(f): 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
What does the administrative processing means
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by belebi: 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
Went for my interview today in abuja and was given a yellow paper that I should forward my passport and a statement of account that can carry my school fees.

Please house,any suggestions?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aktoxine: 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2017
Sent u a PM, Pls check!

Oyindamola1234:
What in the case of bank statement that is not genuine I need to know because my sponsor doesn't have that huge account so I was thinking of using OLUWOLE and my interview is in Abuja for next month
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ebay77(m): 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
Please help me with just this question, am having multiple answers. The question is why Cleveland State University?

LagosismyHome:

Today it is part of the University System of Ohio, has more than 120,000 alumni, and offers over 200 academic programs....quote from wiki

No this cannot be a one building red flag ..... this a proper state Uni.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Stanleych007: 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2017
Yes just my Uncles Bank Statement
obaxlove:

Apart from passport, did u submit any other documents?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by nevicochidinma(f): 4:12pm On Nov 16, 2017
guys i have been having issues uploading my passport on ds-160 cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by beloved84: 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2017
Stanleych007:
Goodmorning house...After serious prayers and fasting, infact the way i read for my interview not sure i read this much during my finar year exams. Had my interview this morning at Lagos Consulate 6:30am with the young patient lady at he extreme counter.. Transcripts below

VO: Goodmornin

Me: Good morning how are you

VO: Am fine thank you (smiled) cont'd Why are you going to the US

Me: Am going for my masters degree program in Environmental Earth and Geospartial Sciences

VO: Why did you choose this course?

Me: In line with my career and research interest..She interrupts me 'Dont give me a career speech, just tell me why you chose this course.

Me: I chose this course coming from my UG degree in Industrial Microbiology this course will equip me with the necessary skills an Environmental and Geographic Informations Analyst to make policy recommendations for Land use/Land cover data, determine environmental parameters responsible for geo hazards like oil spillage also policy recommendations on environmental regulations and compliance as currently there's so much exploration and deploration going on in the country esp the Niger Delta region with little or no emphasis on conservation and sustainability, This course will also help me in citing of critical facilities like dams, waste disposal sites and nuclear reactors.. I will also (She cut me off )

VO: I see you graduated in 2010 what have you been doing since then?

Me: After my graduation I went for my youth service where I served with the Nigerian Immigration Service until 2011 I joined my cousins haulage company as an Asst Logistics and Operations Manager until 2015 I joined the Imo State House of Assembly as a Legislative Aide to the Chairman House Committee on Environment and SDG.

VO: How many schools did you apply to

Me : 3 schools..

VO: okay Name them

Me: North Carolina Central Uni..University of Maryland and California State Uni

VO: So why did u choose this school

Me: I needed school that offered these two course, Remote Sensing of Natural resources and Digital Geographic Inf systems as electives in my program concentration and I discovers that 60% of my program unlike other schools was based on core field experience. I've also established a research relationship with Prof Timothy Mulroney who has an ongoing research on Geomorphic processes and he's offered me a spot in his research team.
VO: (She smiled a little and i thought it was over..why didn't you go for Uni of Maryland? I did a course at Uni of Maryland and am aware they have these same course..

Me: i said no Uni of Maryland made use of Analog GIS while NCCU makes us of the advanced Digital GIS..

VO: So you are married

Me: Yes

VO: Children?

Me: I have a daughter

VO: So will your family be visting you

Me: No not sure for now but if we can afford the trip sure they will.

VO: Whose sponsoring you and what does he do

Me: My Uncle, he's an Oil marketer, owns several fuel stations in the east.

VO: Do you have his statement?

Me: Yes..

VO: Okay I will have to keep your passport and place you on Administrative processing. We will contact you once we are done within one week.

My brethren I just tire..This has go to be the longest interview of my life..anyway back to my prayers I just hope God seals this..since I've provided every honest information they need of me. If you're in my situation join me in hallelujah challenge this midnight..

Congratulations!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Silva094: 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2017
hardeythunji:

I am
am going to Cleveland too. And my interview is near let's chat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
ebay77:
Please help me with just this question, am having multiple answers. The question is why Cleveland State University?

You best know why you picked this school , what was in the program that you like . how does it align with research or something you are interested . How would it help you get from where you are to where you want to be .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by temitope2598: 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
belebi:
Went for my interview today in abuja and was given a yellow paper that I should forward my passport and a statement of account that can carry my school fees.

Hi Belebi, please check your mail. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 4:55pm On Nov 16, 2017
belebi:

What suggestion are you looking for again? Your case is just like someone they told drink water and it shall make you heal and the person is asking people for suggestions again..By the way you didn't go to the interview with an SOA? Just do as you were told.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fatezee(f): 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2017
Silva094:
am going to Cleveland too. And my interview is near let's chat

Pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2017
Oyindamola1234:
What in
Please delete this post, you don't post such things on public forum. And by the way, if you are caught, its 10years ban I think.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fatezee(f): 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2017
hardeythunji:

I am

Check ur Pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Upandup: 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
Anyone going to Penn State ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2017
Oyindamola1234:
What in the case of bank statement that is not genuine I

It getting very easy to verify and once caught that a ban......

If someone can not afford it then aim for funding or best to remain in Nigeria because been out of status gives no one JOY
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2017
georgelm:

I shared my transcript here but got no input.

Please I need someone to help me with mock interview.

Cc femi312, walspring, bigfrancis ezeigboofimo, anyone...

I will really appreciate if I can really be put through

azugeorgeorge at gee mail dot come

I wish I could but I am a bit busy

cc
Texrem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oyindamola1234(f): 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
[quote author=LagosismyHome post=62438194]

Lagosismyhome pls can we talk on WhatsApp, pls what's ur num?
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by georgelm: 5:30pm On Nov 16, 2017
Walspring:

Thank you.
I got a response from Texrem and I replied. Pls texrem check your email...
I wish I could but I am a bit busy

cc
Texrem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2017
Oyindamola1234:

lagosismyhome pls can we talk on WhatsApp, pls what's ur num?
Thanks

Everyday i will say i check my email and respond to Pm by evening not a single moment to even do that ... so it best to reach out to others
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ebay77(m): 6:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
Am going to Cleveland too

Fatezee:

Pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by happyday: 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2017
blessurance:
mornings guys, @cutemorgan, @believerspraise, @chiomalonglegz, @happyday, please I need directions and help. @cutemorgan-pm sent! I know you all are busy, but spare me some seconds. thanks. need connections to grad. supervisors

I'm expecting your PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 7:17pm On Nov 16, 2017
Oyindamola1234:
What does the administrative processing means

They are just additional checks that take place offline after the interview. If they happen to ask for documents, they'll definitely ascertain the genuinity of those. Falsifying documents would only land you in trouble in this case..big one!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
olumide098:
Please house just quick advice. Please i have a friend that applied for Aviation School in Florida. Phoenix east avaiation. they have denied him twice around March this year. He's planning going again for december. Hes married now and also he has been saying he didnt have anyone in the USA but now he has found one of his relative that lives in USA. can he put married now in his application? can he also state that he has a relative in USA? is the school a red flag at the embassy? He's confused but i dont know anything about Aviation school. please Guruz in the house kindly help this folk so that he can allow me to have rest of mind. thank You

Sounds like he's not married..plus found a relative shocked The friend needs to know he still has a chance of getting a visa provided he's been truthful so far. Adding false information will only complicate things for him. He needs to read through this thread. There have been few people here with similar profiles as his.

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.