Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697476 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by deyondanni: 9:41am On Nov 16, 2017
Sanctus1:

what's your location ?

Lagos!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Best201195(m): 9:49am On Nov 16, 2017
Hi, I intend studying medicine in the US. should I first apply for an undergraduate degree in biology then take the MCAT upon completion OR I should apply for a pre medical program now? thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by richiepolymer(m): 9:56am On Nov 16, 2017
Sweet.
Touché

DejiZaddy:

VISA APPROVED THIS MORNING 7:30
TRANSCRIPT

I passed her my passport, I-20 and semis receipt before she even asked

VO: Thank you, good morning
ME: Goodmorning
VO: where are you going in the US?
ME: I'm going to Texas Tech University, Lubbock Texas for my MS degree in food science
VO: how many schools did you apply to and name them
ME: 4; Texas tech, Utah State, Purdue and Penn State
VO: How many admits?
ME: Two. Utah and Texas
VO: so why did you chose Texas Tech over Utah State?
ME: Texas tech offers a special concentration on food safety and HACCP systems and I will be working with Prof xyz on the use of genomics and to study the epidemiology of food pathogens blah blah blah
VO: (stops typing and looks at me) wait, did you not apply to food science for the four schools
ME: I did
VO: (she became serious) so explain to me why Texas Tech, because both of the schools are offering the same thing
ME: ( stammered a bit, but she already put my passport aside, so no shaking), Texas Tech has a track within the MS program where food safety and HACCP is concentrated on
VO: (Relaxes) oh I see, food safety and food science ( she types) when did you graduate
ME: september 2015
VO: what school
ME: OAU
VO: did you write the GRE and what did you score
ME: Yes. 313 ( she nods and was asking herself "what else" while typing)
VO: Who is paying for this?
ME: my mother
VO: what does she do?
ME: she's a business woman, she has 8 warehouses and she provides haulage and logistics services for industries in the southwest
VO: (smiling) I'll be approving your visa blah blah, pick it up blah, take your I-20 to the POE, have a nice trip blah blah blah

i'm just grateful to God and this thread. Best of luck to you all. Just know about your school and don't cram, because the questions can be flexible and tricky. If you can pass your IT and project defense in Uni, you can do this too. The whole convo was about 4 minutes but it felt like days. grin grin grin
. God bless

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by deyondanni: 9:59am On Nov 16, 2017
Walspring:

Get MMR vaccine at any general or teaching hospital.
Alright,thanks alot......sry but how much should i have in mind while going there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ebay77(m): 10:09am On Nov 16, 2017
I am
Gistallover:
Who is going to Cleveland state university here... Let's connect
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AyoPrudence(m): 10:15am On Nov 16, 2017
Thank you for your response. You just calm my nerves.

Meanwhile, I am still expecting my I-20 from the school since I just processed the I-20 Request form.
LagosismyHome:

Wright State University is a public research university in Fairborn

Meaning it is a standard school not a one man building school ....so no not a red flag

However check ranking and other things to ensure it the right program for you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ebay77(m): 10:19am On Nov 16, 2017
Lagosismyhome good day. Is Cleveland state university a red flagged school

LagosismyHome:

Wright State University is a public research university in Fairborn

Meaning it is a standard school not a one man building school ....so no not a red flag

However check ranking and other things to ensure it the right program for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by deyondanni: 10:20am On Nov 16, 2017
Best201195:
Hi, I intend studying medicine in the US. should I first apply for an undergraduate degree in biology then take the MCAT upon completion OR I should apply for a pre medical program now? thanks.
If u are insistent on doing biology as an undergrad you should make sure its with a preprofessional track(pre-med) or if you choose to do any other course apart from biology you should just make sure you fo the prerequisite courses required to study medicine after graduating....... Because right now in the states they aren't concerned if u studied biology or mathematics, psychology,biotechnology or any other course as long as you do the PREREQUISITE courses necessary for medicine,get a high gpa and pass the MCAT with a high score u are all good......Although there are some medical schools that you can apply to that would cover for up to 7years(undergrad+main) but its all your money speaking.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by beloved84: 10:30am On Nov 16, 2017
DejiZaddy:

TRANSCRIPT

ME: I'm going to Texas Tech University, Lubbock Texas for my MS degree in food science
ME: Texas tech offers a special concentration on food safety and HACCP systems and I will be working with Prof xyz on the use of genomics and to study the epidemiology of food pathogens blah blah blah
VO: (stops typing and looks at me) wait, did you not apply to food science for the four schools
VO: (she became serious) so explain to me why Texas Tech, because both of the schools are offering the same thing
ME: ( stammered a bit, but she already put my passport aside, so no shaking), Texas Tech has a track within the MS program where food safety and HACCP is concentrated on
VO: (Relaxes) oh I see, food safety and food science ( she types) when did you graduate
ME: she's a business woman, she has 8 warehouses and she provides haulage and logistics services for industries in the southwest
VO: (smiling) I'll be approving your visa blah blah, pick it up blah, take your I-20 to the POE, have a nice trip blah blah blah

i'm just grateful to God and this thread. Best of luck to you all. Just know about your school and don't cram, because the questions can be flexible and tricky. If you can pass your IT and project defense in Uni, you can do this too. The whole convo was about 4 minutes but it felt like days. grin grin grin
. God bless

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sobastical: 10:52am On Nov 16, 2017
smithsydny:
u no well.. It's for person o
Lol you sef do nau
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Stanleych007: 11:02am On Nov 16, 2017
Goodmorning house...After serious prayers and fasting, infact the way i read for my interview not sure i read this much during my finar year exams. Had my interview this morning at Lagos Consulate 6:30am with the young patient lady at he extreme counter.. Transcripts below

VO: Goodmornin

Me: Good morning how are you

VO: Am fine thank you (smiled) cont'd Why are you going to the US

Me: Am going for my masters degree program in Environmental Earth and Geospartial Sciences

VO: Why did you choose this course?

Me: In line with my career and research interest..She interrupts me 'Dont give me a career speech, just tell me why you chose this course.

Me: I chose this course coming from my UG degree in Industrial Microbiology this course will equip me with the necessary skills an Environmental and Geographic Informations Analyst to make policy recommendations for Land use/Land cover data, determine environmental parameters responsible for geo hazards like oil spillage also policy recommendations on environmental regulations and compliance as currently there's so much exploration and deploration going on in the country esp the Niger Delta region with little or no emphasis on conservation and sustainability, This course will also help me in citing of critical facilities like dams, waste disposal sites and nuclear reactors.. I will also (She cut me off )

VO: I see you graduated in 2010 what have you been doing since then?

Me: After my graduation I went for my youth service where I served with the Nigerian Immigration Service until 2011 I joined my cousins haulage company as an Asst Logistics and Operations Manager until 2015 I joined the Imo State House of Assembly as a Legislative Aide to the Chairman House Committee on Environment and SDG.

VO: How many schools did you apply to

Me : 3 schools..

VO: okay Name them

Me: North Carolina Central Uni..University of Maryland and California State Uni

VO: So why did u choose this school

Me: I needed school that offered these two course, Remote Sensing of Natural resources and Digital Geographic Inf systems as electives in my program concentration and I discovers that 60% of my program unlike other schools was based on core field experience. I've also established a research relationship with Prof Timothy Mulroney who has an ongoing research on Geomorphic processes and he's offered me a spot in his research team.
VO: (She smiled a little and i thought it was over..why didn't you go for Uni of Maryland? I did a course at Uni of Maryland and am aware they have these same course..

Me: i said no Uni of Maryland made use of Analog GIS while NCCU makes us of the advanced Digital GIS..

VO: So you are married

Me: Yes

VO: Children?

Me: I have a daughter

VO: So will your family be visting you

Me: No not sure for now but if we can afford the trip sure they will.

VO: Whose sponsoring you and what does he do

Me: My Uncle, he's an Oil marketer, owns several fuel stations in the east.

VO: Do you have his statement?

Me: Yes..

VO: Okay I will have to keep your passport and place you on Administrative processing. We will contact you once we are done within one week.

My brethren I just tire..This has go to be the longest interview of my life..anyway back to my prayers I just hope God seals this..since I've provided every honest information they need of me. If you're in my situation join me in hallelujah challenge this midnight..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 16, 2017
sobastical:

Lol
you sef do nau
64k is no joke bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sobastical: 11:27am On Nov 16, 2017
smithsydny:
64k is no joke bro
it is well my. brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 16, 2017
grin grin
sobastical:

it is well my. brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Eanionz(m): 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2017
GLORY BE TO GOD. He is a faithful God. my Visa was approved on the 7th of November, 2017@ lagos Embassy, 6:30am Visa appointment .
I appreciate the inestimable effort made by bigfrancis21 in reviewing my transcript before the interview
V.O Good morning, smile
ME Good morning sir, smile too
V.O Can I have your passport
ME Yes, here you go
V.O And form em.... form I -20
ME: Yes, I quickly passed it
V.O Where are you going in the US
ME WSU Dayton, Ohio, for my masters degree program in Electrical and Electrical Engineering with specialization in power systems.
V.O Started typing for over 30 seconds
V.O Why that school
ME Because WSU is well known for its excellent research programs especially in Electrical and Electronic Engineering field. I will also have the opportunity to do my research work under prof. marian k. kazimierczuk whose present research interest in renewable energy tallies with my intended research topic. I have contacted him and he was very happy with my CV and GRE score.

V.O What type of renewable energy
ME solar energy. you know Nigeria is the most populous Africa Country and blessed with sunlight in excess, yet Nigeria is posed with great challenge on how to fulfil its energy demand to her citizens due to lack of practical skills. That's why I'm going to WSU to gather the necessary practical skills to utilise the available solar potentials.
My plan is to return to Nigeria upon successful completion of my graduate studies and embark on rural solar electrification in partnership with government like Enugu state rural electrification board, Anambra state rural electrification board etc and nongovernmental organisations like Alliance for rural development of Nigeria etc whereby solar modules will be installed for individuals in the communities at zero upfront cost , after which they will be charged for energy consumed monthly. By doing this, it will remove the initial installation cost factor that has hindered people in the communities from appreciating the prospects in off grid renewable energy supply.

V.O how often do people use solar energy in Nigeria
ME Nigerians use solar Energy very well but popularly in cities but my target is in the rural areas.
V.O Where do you work
My dad's Company.......... an Electrical Engineering company ,as a field Engineer
V.O You work in your father's business
ME yes sir
V.O Who is your sponsor
ME My dad
V.O he started typing for over one minute, stopped, circled my collection centre in the white paper and said congratulations, your visa has been approved..............
ME Thank you sir
ALL GLORY TO MY FAITHFUL GOD! Thank you BIGFRANCIS21 and Nairaland family
Just know everything about the course you want to study. All the best my people!!!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2017
DejiZaddy:

TRANSCRIPT

. God bless
Congrats bro...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
richiepolymer:
You haven't responded to my pm yet.

Can you please resend it and let me look into it again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2017
ennies02:

Don't knw how to..

Click on my user name or moniker and you see my profile details and you click on send E message then you are good to go.

Also check your email that you used to opened Nairaland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 1:04pm On Nov 16, 2017
lorlardey94:
Good morning everyone please i need someone to help me by suggesting an answer to a portion of my DS-120 form as I am not really sure of what I should say. Currently, i am an undergraduate degree student at the Uni in Nigeria studying pure and applied biology but going to study Bilogical Science in the US as an undergraduate transfer student.

Please, find attached the snap copy of the section for your help. Thank you all and waiting for your responses.
God bless you real good.

Only you sabi what to describe there and you have already posted it here and why asking for solution when you have the solution with you. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mrsnoname: 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2017
Can I pm you?

DejiZaddy:

TRANSCRIPT

. God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Another one building school looking for customer by fire by thunder.

Three Arms zone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2017
Oyindamola1234:
How did they verify bank statements do they call the bank or what my interview is coming up soon I await your responses ! Thank you all

You should have directed this question to VO and not people here because none of us here work York the Pub admin section of the US embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ccbaron(m): 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2017
Hello Walspring

i sent you a pm please check, i am waiting for your reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 1:10pm On Nov 16, 2017
AyoPrudence:

I have been trying to send you PM but to no avail. How do I do that?

I don't understand your post, still imagine you trying to send me pm but to no avail and yet asking how to send pm that you claimed to have been sending.

Your post is funny no be small. Just click on user name or moniker and you see send message then click on it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2017
ccbaron:
Hello Walspring

Please check your email i sent you a pm please i need a reply as soon as possible

Pm replied since. Check your spam or junk mail for the reply if it's not in your inbox.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 1:15pm On Nov 16, 2017
olumide098:
Please house just quick advice. Please i have a friend that applied for Aviation School in Florida. Phoenix east avaiation. they have denied him twice around March this year. He's planning going again for december. Hes married now and also he has been saying he didnt have anyone in the USA but now he has found one of his relative that lives in USA. can he put married now in his application? can he also state that he has a relative in USA? is the school a red flag at the embassy? He's confused but i dont know anything about Aviation school. please Guruz in the house kindly help this folk so that he can allow me to have rest of mind. thank You

This sounds like opening what he was hiding before.

As for me he just got married and have relative in US that he didn't mentioned or filled in his first application.

Anyway is 50/50 although some reponse sounds like making up or cover up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by georgelm: 1:18pm On Nov 16, 2017
I shared my transcript here but got no input.

Please I need someone to help me with mock interview.

Cc femi312, walspring, bigfrancis ezeigboofimo, anyone...

I will really appreciate if I can really be put through

azugeorgeorge at gee mail dot come
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by barnykiss: 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
DejiZaddy:

TRANSCRIPT

. God bless
Congrats �
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ccbaron(m): 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2017
Walspring:

Pm replied since. Check your spam or junk mail for the reply if it's not in your inbox.

please check your email now i sent you an email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AyoPrudence(m): 1:48pm On Nov 16, 2017
Walspring:

I don't understand your post, still imagine you trying to send me pm but to no avail and yet asking how to send pm that you claimed to have been sending.

Your post is funny no be small. Just click on user name or moniker and you see send message then click on it.

smiley I have replied your email sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:49pm On Nov 16, 2017
ebay77:
Lagosismyhome good day. Is Cleveland state university a red flagged school

Today it is part of the University System of Ohio, has more than 120,000 alumni, and offers over 200 academic programs....quote from wiki

No this cannot be a one building red flag ..... this a proper state Uni.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.