Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (696043 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Kayme(f): 1:02am On Nov 23, 2017
Hello everyone. Please who is going to New Jersey City University for spring 2018. Have you done your visa interview? How did it go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Kayme(f): 1:04am On Nov 23, 2017
Please who knows about the bank statements. Like can you take a bank statement that ends in October but your appointment is in December.

Urgent pls...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 1:30am On Nov 23, 2017
Kayme:
Hello everyone. Please who is going to New Jersey City University for spring 2018. Have you done your visa interview? How did it go.

I work in nj and know almost all the major colleges here. Never heard of this school shocked

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by IAmPhiL(m): 1:56am On Nov 23, 2017
saipn:
bro I sent you pm i have some issues to discuss with you about BSU and other stuff concerning admission pls reply my pm
bro, did you apply to BSU too?
pm me lets talk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:39am On Nov 23, 2017
Kayme:
Please who knows about the bank statements. Like can you take a bank statement that ends in October but your appointment is in December.

Urgent pls...

Yes ...bank statement within 3 to 6 months is fine

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ObenJoshua(m): 3:01am On Nov 23, 2017
Hello house,
biko help a brother as time is going, some weeks(months) ago I came here asking if I could get admission and funding in a school in the US without GRE, but I was advised to go and take the exam.

I took GRE some weeks ago, and got an aggregate score or 301 149VB 152QT and 4/6 AW.

Now I need advise on schools were I have the best chance at admission and funding for fall 2018. I am currently considering ETSU, UTEP, Troy University, and University of Purdue.

Biko, how good are these my choices, and which better choices are there? I intent to apply for MSc. Information Technology, or MSc. Computer Information Systems, with a CGPA of 3.6(BSc. Computer Science).

Thanks for your ever helping contributions. I look forward to reviewing those. Thanks again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Beautyaddy: 3:20am On Nov 23, 2017
barrack04:
Nairalanders !!!!!
What should be the response to this questions during interview
1. What is your study plan in USA
2. Would you apply for phd after msc

Huh Are you sure you're a genuine student?

Oh, okay...any way just to get to the US cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 3:53am On Nov 23, 2017
ObenJoshua:
Hello house,
biko help a brother as time is going, some weeks(months) ago I came here asking if I could get admission and funding in a school in the US without GRE, but I was advised to go and take the exam.

I took GRE some weeks ago, and got an aggregate score or 301 149VB 152QT and 4/6 AW.

Now I need advise on schools were I have the best chance at admission and funding for fall 2018. I am currently considering ETSU, UTEP, Troy University, and University of Purdue.

Biko, how good are these my choices, and which better choices are there? I intent to apply for MSc. Information Technology, or MSc. Computer Information Systems, with a CGPA of 3.6(BSc. Computer Science).

Thanks for your ever helping contributions. I look forward to reviewing those. Thanks again.

You're not asking for help, you're asking for babysitters. You don't seem to be able to reason on your own.

First you had to be told to take the GRE, now that you've taken it, you have no clue what to do with it. The schools you claim to be considering are those that have been mentioned here way too often. By what yardstick have you selected them? Without that knowledge, we cannot advise you on alternatives.

Much of the work needs to be done by you... ask yourself these basic questions:

1. Why am i looking to spend so much to do a masters degree in information systems? What is the ultimate goal? What is the US job market like for folks with this degree? What is the wage range?

2. How much will it cost? Am i able to afford at least $20,000 per year in tuition and expenses? If no, what are my options? Should i be seeking TA/RA opportunities or scholarships? If i need funding, then that narrows my school search considerably.

3. Are there certain schools that are favored with employers i am seeking to work with once i'm done? Which are they, should i target my application to those schools?

4. When do i wish to start? Fall, spring? Funding opportunities vary depending on when you intend to start. What year?

Get a notebook/laptop, write down your answers, work from there.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 23, 2017
I think people going for BSc are less denied unlike MSc and MBA... God help us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 4:32am On Nov 23, 2017
alexohams2000:

Please House, who is in or has any information about Liberty University Lynchburg Virginia, I got admitted there and about paying the initial tuition deposits requested by the school.
PLEASE HELP

Lyberty University is a good school. I have a friend that recently graduated from there. Very good school in Virginia. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 4:35am On Nov 23, 2017
TooMuchSauce:
My Visa Interview Experience Today (6:30 am, Lagos consulate)

The whole experience was surreal, the V.O was smiling for the substantial part of the interview, I got so

He typed for a while; and...... Well, you know the rest. Lol

Congrats man. All the best in your new journey to TrumpLand grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 4:38am On Nov 23, 2017
darkmax:
Hi, Guys i just got accepted to Iglobal University but i dont know how to go how to the mailing fee.
shocked shocked shocked Bro, are you really sure about presenting Iglobal I-20 at the embassy? Na only agents dey run Iglobal admission ooo. The name Iglobal sef don cast for the embassy!

TWoods:

Good luck getting a visa with that.

cheesy Savagery at its height
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 4:41am On Nov 23, 2017
Eblaze2:
Please what were the questions you were asked, i have an interview next month and i need someone to guide me, as it will be my first time of going for an interview. I was admitted into Virginia International University. Please guys i really need your help. Thanks

VIU, Iglobal and the likes don cast for Embassy Sir! VOs knows better that those schools are agency things. Look for a good school and thank me later
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 4:42am On Nov 23, 2017
dannyfrank:
we know him.na em get e mouth.

Lmaoo! Make una leave TWoods alone oo! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 4:49am On Nov 23, 2017
Funnicator:

Alright, a more detailed answer. I appreciate & thank you.

Nawao, just seeing someone's statement of account. That is intimidating i must confess. See me wey deh find scholarship another man deh post thousands of dollars. This life na bed of thorns. cry

Lol bro. Believe me, most of us here wouldn’t be here if not for Funding and scholarships. Life is what you make it to be like TWoods said! Perhaps Most funding opportunities are available during fall semesters. All the best!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 4:50am On Nov 23, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Lyberty University is a good school. I have a friend that recently graduated from there. Very good school in Virginia. All the best

This school is the Covenant University of America.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 4:51am On Nov 23, 2017
TWoods:

Life is what YOU make of it. I came here with exactly $2000 in my pocket... you can do it too, regardless of what you have in your pocket. Determination and the willingness to put in the effort is what makes the difference.

Bossing!!! Dude went from $2000 to $100,000,000 or more wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 4:52am On Nov 23, 2017
TWoods:

This school is the Covenant University of America.

I know right? Big bills! Big corriculum! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 4:53am On Nov 23, 2017
oluwadamilare26:
I think people going for BSc are less denied unlike MSc and MBA... God help us.

Say what??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 4:59am On Nov 23, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Bossing!!! Dude went from $2000 to $100,000,000 or more wink

grin grin grin If i had that, i won't be on NL.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 5:07am On Nov 23, 2017
Damilare5882:
yea I need a Mock interview .. how do We go about it please

Send me an email to **edited***

Don’t quote my email as I would be deleting it soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 5:11am On Nov 23, 2017
omoluabiguy post:

Don’t quote my email as I would be deleting it soon
ok I wil do that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ebay77(m): 5:11am On Nov 23, 2017
[quote author=Damilare5882 post=62630713][/quote]

Sent u an email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 5:15am On Nov 23, 2017
ebay77:

Sent u an email
when ?? I didn't get it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 5:21am On Nov 23, 2017
Damilare5882:
ok I wil do that

Replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 5:21am On Nov 23, 2017
ebay77:

Sent u an email

Replied

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.