Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,463 members, 7,812,414 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (696030 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Bkoks: 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2017
Bkoks:
Guys please,
this is a cry for help, can anyone help me with my I-20 fee.
I have been begging for 2 weeks on this page and i really don't know what to do again. Someone volunteered to help, but i got feeback and money refund this morning because payment didn't go through on friday.
So i am back to square one....HELP!!!

Grateful to the individual that helped me with this.....the waiting game for the shipping begins
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Adebimpe0(m): 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2017
Visa Approved! Right now, I'm so excited, thank you Jesus, thanks to everyone in this thread. I learnt more than enough here.

I got to the embassy some minutes before 6:30AM, I was surprised at the numbers of people I already met there, it was a bit crowdy. Someone told me last night about the hustlers around the embassy telling you print unnecessary documents from them so I was just walking with a straight face, I no even give anyone eyes

Interview 7:00AM Lagos
Me- Good morning sir
VO- Good morning, can I have your documents?
Me- Sure, I passed it to him
VO- Why are you going to the US?
Me- I'm going to the US to study my undergraduate degree in Accounting at Southern Arkansas University which I'll study for the duration of 48 months
VO- How many schools did you applied to?
Me- 3 schools, Dixie state University, Southern Arkansas university and University of Indianapolis
VO- And you were admitted to all?
Me- No, I was to Southern Arkansas and Dixie state university, University of Indianapolis denied me
VO- Why SAU?
Me- I chosed this school because it has a corporative and experiental educational program which integrates classroom experience into real life world connecting me with the experts in my field of study and also it has a structured curriculum which aligns with my career aspiration with the aim of developing me with the technical, analytical and concepted skills to become a globally attuned leader in my profession ( the VO was just typing and not looking at me)
VO- Why Accounting( stopped typing and looking at me)
Me- Accounting opens a world of possibilities in the job markets, every business either large or small needs accountants to summarize the company operation and communicate it to decision makers, I chose to study accounting so as to learn about the different functions of firms with the aim of developing me with the technical, analytical and concepted skills to become a globally attuned leader in my profession
VO- What is Accounting( still looking at me)
Me- Accounting is the systematic process of identifying, recording, measuring, classifying, verifying, interpreting and communicating financial information.
VO- What have you been doing since you finished high school( continued typing)
Me- After my high school, I went for my National diploma in Accounting at laspotech from 2012-2015 and after that, I went for my Industrial training from 2015-2016 after which I got a job at Vicagu Nigeria limited where I make sure that bookkeeping transactions that goes in and out of the company are monitored and well kept
VO- Do you have anyone in the US
Me-No, I don't
Vo- Are you married
Me-No, I'm not
VO- What will this degree do for you?
Me- It will give me the knowledge to introduce the modern experience of my profession into the industry in order to contribute to the industrial development in my country
VO- Who's your sponsor
Me- My uncle
VO- What does he do
Me- He's a real estate agent who buys and sells properties
VO- typed for like 20 secs
VO- I will be approving your visa( when people say they go deaf at this part, Na true o) I literally went deaf

Toomuchsauce, I read your transcript last night when you talked about chewing gum to ease tension, I rushed outside go buy gum straight ni grin and I think it worked, thanks baba. My guys at God's own scholar who kept assuring me that it will end well, Hushy, Thacokeboy, Pamela, Dannyfrank, Matti, Chapecoense, Femi, Alexandersherif and every other person, I really appreciate it and I know I will be reading your approved transcript soon

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by klassd(m): 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2017
Experts in the room, I did a change of name (surname) it has been published in the newspaper. I want to know whether it could affect me if I want to apply for visiting visa with the new name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheRighteous: 1:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
Adebimpe0:
Visa Approved! Right now, I'm so excited, thank you Jesus, thanks to everyone in this thread. I learnt more than enough here.

I got to the embassy some minutes before 6:30AM, I was surprised at the numbers of people I already met there, it was a bit crowdy. Someone told me last night about the hustlers around the embassy telling you print unnecessary documents from them so I was just walking with a straight face, I no even give anyone eyes

Me- Good morning sir
Me- I'm going to the US to study my undergraduate degree in Accounting at Southern Arkansas University which I'll study for the duration of 48 months
Me- 3 schools, Dixie state University, Southern Arkansas university and University of Indianapolis
Me- No, I was to Southern Arkansas and Dixie state university, University of Indianapolis denied me
VO- Why SAU?
Me- I chosed this school because it has a corporative and experiental educational program which integrates classroom experience into real life world connecting me with the experts in my field of study and also it has a structured curriculum which aligns with my career aspiration with the aim of developing me with the technical, analytical and concepted skills to become a globally attuned leader in my profession ( the VO was just typing and not looking at me)
Me- Accounting opens a world of possibilities in the job markets, every business either large or small needs accountants to summarize the company operation and communicate it to decision makers, I chose to study accounting so as to learn about the different functions of firms with the aim of developing me with the technical, analytical and concepted skills to become a globally attuned leader in my profession
Me- Accounting is the systematic process of identifying, recording, measuring, classifying, verifying, interpreting and communicating financial information.
Me- After my high school, I went for my National diploma in Accounting at laspotech from 2012-2015 and after that, I went for my Industrial training from 2015-2016 after which I got a job at Vicagu Nigeria limited where I make sure that bookkeeping transactions that goes in and out of the company are monitored and well kept
Me-No, I don't
Vo- Are you married
Me-No, I'm not
Me- It will give me the knowledge to introduce the modern experience of my profession into the industry in order to contribute to the industrial development in my country
VO- Who's your sponsor
Me- My uncle
VO- What does he do
VO- I will be approving your visa( when people say they go deaf at this part, Na true o) I literally went deaf

Toomuchsauce, I read your transcript last night when you talked about chewing gum to ease tension, I rushed outside go buy gum straight ni grin and I think it worked, thanks baba. My guys at God's own scholar who kept assuring me that it will end well, Hushy, Thacokeboy, Pamela, Dannyfrank, Matti, Chapecoense, Femi, Alexandersherif and every other person, I really appreciate it and I know I will be reading your approved transcript soon

Congratulations dear.

Please, I need someone to please help me with mock interview, I will did appreciate this.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
Hello house .. please someone should put me through .. when I applied in June for visiting , I didn't include that I took a certificate course under my education background .. but now , as I am applying for a student visa , Can I include the certificate course or should I just say it to the vo verbally ?? Because the course I am going for is related to my cerficate course
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Adebimpe0(m): 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
TheRighteous:

Congratulations dear.

Please, I need someone to please help me with mock interview, I will did appreciate this.

Okay, let's talk, I just sent you a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 1:27pm On Nov 22, 2017
Adebimpe0:

Me- Good morning sir
VO- Why SAU?
Me-No, I don't
Vo- Are you married
Me-No, I'm not
VO- Who's your sponsor
Me- My uncle
VO- What does he do

congrats dear

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheRighteous: 1:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
Adebimpe0:

I have replied your PM, guess you get it?
I await your response.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ebay77(m): 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
Congrats dear.
The blessings that fell on you today will fall on me next week wednesday.

Adebimpe0:

Me- Good morning sir
VO- Why SAU?
Me-No, I don't
Vo- Are you married
Me-No, I'm not
VO- Who's your sponsor
Me- My uncle
VO- What does he do

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ebay77(m): 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2017
Adebimpe0:

Me- Good morning sir
VO- Why SAU?
Me-No, I don't
Vo- Are you married
Me-No, I'm not
VO- Who's your sponsor
Me- My uncle
VO- What does he do

Congrats... I will get loads of bubble gum.... I will testify just like you too next week Wednesday

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Femmyy90: 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2017
Any university of detroit mercy applicants?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
Adebimpe0:

Me- Good morning sir
VO- Why SAU?
Me-No, I don't
Vo- Are you married
Me-No, I'm not
VO- Who's your sponsor
Me- My uncle
VO- What does he do

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Adebimpe0(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
ebay77:

Congrats... I will get loads of bubble gum.... I will testify just like you too next week Wednesday
Amen, ain't nothing stopping that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ebay77(m): 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
Adebimpe0:

Amen, ain't nothing stopping that.

Amen to me too. I sent you a message. check your email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Adebimpe0(m): 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
ebay77:

Amen to me too. I sent you a message. check your email
Amen, I've replied you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hushee(m): 2:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
Adebimpe0:

Amen, Congrats once again Baba.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ebay77(m): 2:42pm On Nov 22, 2017
Adebimpe0:

Amen, I've replied you

Check email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Drocks: 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2017
Congrats bro
Adebimpe0:

Me- Good morning sir
VO- Why SAU?
Me-No, I don't
Vo- Are you married
Me-No, I'm not
VO- Who's your sponsor
Me- My uncle
VO- What does he do

congratulations bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dannyfrank(m): 3:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
Adebimpe my nigga congratz.
Please my people here I need an urgent help.
I was at the embassy for an interview in Lagos and I was denied..I shared my transcript here tho.
But then I went with a community college.
Now am going with university of Indianapolis.my question is when asked why I changed from Houston community college to university of Indianapolis what should be the best response.thanks for ya response in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2017
Damilare5882:
Hello house .. please someone should put me through .. when I applied in June for visiting , I didn't include that I took a certificate course under my education background .. but now , as I am applying for a student visa , Can I include the certificate course or should I just say it to the vo verbally ?? Because the course I am going for is related to my cerficate course
somebody should please help me ooo .. my interview is near oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheRighteous: 3:33pm On Nov 22, 2017
Adebimpe0:

TheRighteous:

I have replied your PM, guess you get it?
I await your response.
Thanks.

Please I await your reply to my last PM. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Adebimpe0(m): 3:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
TheRighteous:

Please I await your reply to my last PM. Thanks
I replied back as soon as it came it. check it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
IAmPhiL:
hello house, pls i need you guys to come to my rescue on my application to bowie state university, maryland

I've sent all the required docs, paid all necessary application and transcript evaluation fees, yet no issue of I-20 for almost 2 months now

cc Ttosyne bigfrancis21 Xabibarbie63 TWoods
LagosismyHome

Yea, BSU is quite slow in their admission process. Did you send them your sponsor's bank statement (showing minimum of $25,000 for undergraduate studies or $23,000 for graduate studies), letter of support from your sponsor and i20 supplemental request form? If not, you need to asap. Your sponsor's statement and letter of support need to be notarized. I have attached the i20 supplemental request form to this message. Then email all 3 documents to syego@bowiestate.edu. He is in charge of coordinating international admissions.

You can also email him to inquire on the status of your application.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
dannyfrank:
I was at the embassy for an interview in Lagos and I was denied..I shared my transcript here tho.
Now am going with university of Indianapolis.my question is when asked why I changed from Houston community college to university of Indianapolis what should be the best response.thanks for ya response in anticipation.

When was your last interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by platypelloid: 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
Big congrats,in few months i shall also share mine!
Adebimpe0:

Me- Good morning sir
VO- Why SAU?
Me-No, I don't
Vo- Are you married
Me-No, I'm not
VO- Who's your sponsor
Me- My uncle
VO- What does he do

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sweeny(f): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
Big Congratulations dear.
Thumbs up!! smiley
Adebimpe0:

Me- Good morning sir
VO- Why SAU?
Me-No, I don't
Vo- Are you married
Me-No, I'm not
VO- Who's your sponsor
Me- My uncle
VO- What does he do

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dannyfrank(m): 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2017
July Sir
bigfrancis21:

When was your last interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
Gracee101:

Psychosis......For your village that's how elders advice younger people right?? oya Continue

In my village, elders make sure that their proteges don't waste their time in school earning a GPA below 2/5. They also train them to be responsible so they are not constantly blaming others for failing in life. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
dannyfrank:

No surprise. Give it a shot but more than likely you'll get the same response. You don't seem to have an idea what you really want to do other than to simply obtain a visa.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2017
Funnicator:
Hello.

Is it possible to obtain scholarship to a US school with my NECO result/certificate. And have my visa approved when my account is zero?

If i could earn a scholarship, i could support myself with a side work. I'm frustrated reading pharmacy here.

Short answer - No. You should consider sitting for the SAT. If you get a scholarship, then no one will care if your account is -2. Also please do not expect to "support myself with a side work". You won't be able to work at all in your first year and after that no more than 20 hours/week is allowed. You should apply only if you have enough resources to take care of yourself at least for the first year.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 4:26pm On Nov 22, 2017
chingynas:
Good Morning Fam...Just finished booking for my appointment date and the application confirmation is showing my APPLICANT NAME as my Name first then , My Surname...and my APPOINTMENT MADE BY is showing..my Surname first and Name together...Hope its no issue at all..

Shouldn't be an issue. Explain at the interview, what matters is what is on your passport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.