Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? (7769 Views)

COVID-19 Is God's Anger And Only Prayer Can Bring Solution: Prophet Oluwamodede / The Lord's Chosen Storm Gambia, Many Muslims Converted (Photos) / Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by NeeKlaus: 11:59am On Jul 09, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

Actually, as you said it, you can only speak in tongue when the holy Spirit descend on you,

There's no way anybody can speak in tongue without the Holy Spirit descending on the person,

Otherwise, it's fake
How do you know the Holy Spirit is upon you??

And how can you distinguish a fake speaking in tongues from a real one??
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by corpershun: 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
The Lords Prayer was the teaching the Lord Jesus Christ gave the disciples when they asked him to teach them how to pray... but when the Holy Spirit came upon then they spoke in tongues and had a fresh anointing

Now Jesus before he was to be crucified prayed for hours and the Bible said his sweat form his face were drops of blood... I don't think it was the Lords prayer recitation that could cause that.

Daniel in the Old Testament was a man of prayer and the Lords prayer wasn't in existence then. So The Lords prayer is a guide, like I teach children in the Children Church a pattern to pray from the acronym
ACTS
Adoration
Confession
Thanksgiving
Supplication
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 09, 2017
I believe the Lord's prayer is everything.. those words have deep meanings.
my thoughts
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by enemyofprogress: 12:56pm On Jul 09, 2017
I must not see any muslim here on this thread unless he/she declares that Jesus is his/her Lord and personal saviour.
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by P0intBlank(m): 1:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
Holuwahphemy:
A Christ Apostolic Church member like me would know how prayer is not something we take for granted cool
If you are the type that doesn't know how to close your eyes during prayers, and happened to drop by one revival at a C. A. C. branch, the moment you here something like; "the angels of God have descended and are walking amidst us... Please this is not the time to play or open your eyes... (then u'll hear the pastor tell a short story about how a man opened his eyes during a prayer session and got blinded by an angel) Shout! And call the name of the lord... Say 'lord! what is that ancient curse placed against our generations to stagnate our progress' ? Be destroyed by fire and thunder!" you wouldn't even dare opening your eyes... Even after hearing the bell and "in Jesus name we pray" you would still close your eyes and be wondering if it is safe to open them yet. grin
But in the holy scriptures though- Matthew chapter 6 verse 9 to 13, Jesus taught us a short and simple way to pray- 'The Lord's prayer'
My question now is; what if all i say everytime i needed to pray is the Lord's prayer, does that mean i've suceeded in praying for things i needed all round? For instance, my landlord is treating me badly and i wanted to ask God to change this, is saying the Lord's going to change his attitude?

Thanks for your meaningful responses.

God is a person and you are a person. Imagine every time I spoke to you I said the same things. How weird would that be? Christianity is a relationship. Hence, prayer should not be mechanical.
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by Beckyodafe(f): 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2017
The lords prayer is just a guide on how u ought to pray using your own words. Our Father who art in heaven hallowed by thy name, simply means u should begin ur prayer by reverencing God. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven means u should pray 4 God's interest i.e d salvation of sinners, 4 d church, your pastors and church members in need e.t.c. Give us dis day our daily bread means make request 4 ur needs. Forgive us our sins means confess ur wrongs. As we forgive those who has sinned against us means release forgiveness 4 your offenders. Lead us not into temptatn means ask 4 grace 2 stay holy. But deliver us from evil means pray 4 ur protection. For thine is d kingdom d power and d glory forever and ever means thanking God 4 answered prayers and reverencing him again. And u must end with amen!
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Apr 25
Holuwahphemy:
■ A Christ Apostolic Church member like me would know how prayer is not something we take for granted cool
If you are the type that doesn't know how to close your eyes during prayers, and happened to drop by one revival at a C. A. C. branch, the moment you here something like; "the angels of God have descended and are walking amidst us... Please this is not the time to play or open your eyes... (then u'll hear the pastor tell a short story about how a man opened his eyes during a prayer session and got blinded by an angel) Shout! And call the name of the lord... Say 'lord! what is that ancient curse placed against our generations to stagnate our progress' ? Be destroyed by fire and thunder!" you wouldn't even dare opening your eyes... Even after hearing the bell and "in Jesus name we pray" you would still close your eyes and be wondering if it is safe to open them yet. grin
■ But in the holy scriptures though- Matthew chapter 6 verse 9 to 13, Jesus taught us a short and simple way to pray- 'The Lord's prayer'
My question now is; what if all i say everytime i needed to pray is the Lord's prayer, does that mean i've suceeded in praying for things i needed all round? For instance, my landlord is treating me badly and i wanted to ask God to change this, is saying the Lord's going to change his attitude?
Thanks for your meaningful responses.
Religious rituals are meaningless — vain rituals —when it comes to the God of Scripture. As a matter of Jesus Christ made clear that the doctrines and traditions associated with religion beginning with those dispensed by the religious leaders of His time are antiChrist — lies— which steer those who live by them away from the Truth of God. So, holding on to them is counterintuitive if God is the one you desire. undecided

2. It's not just about praying what you know as the Lord's prayer but praying exactly/only that which Jesus Christ said to. The modified version of the prayer is antiChrist as it was an attempt by men to add to God's Word, a sin against God. If you would like to pray as Jesus Christ prescribed, then you would not only have to follow all of the commandments regarding prayer, meaning you should also pray in secret and in hiding, without vain repetitions, etc. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Water Spirit Kingdom / How To Become A Fervent Christain Believer / Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.