Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,027 members, 7,825,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) (57666 Views)

Etta Ng Marries Andi Autumn, Her Lesbian Daughter (Photos) / Dewy Oputa To SJ Her Lesbian Partner: "You Mean So Much To Me" / Dewy Oputa And SJ Her Lesbian Partner In Bed, All Loved Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 09, 2017
Nigerian lesbian and LGBT rights campaigner, Biwom Pamela Adie has fixed the date of her wedding to sweetheart and partner.

According to an update she announced on her social media page, the date is 23rd of June, 2018.

In 2011 Pamela Adie left her family and friends shocked, when she came out to declare openly that she’s a lesbian. She used to be married to a man.

Pamela’s sexual orientation had been hidden from her family for years, she hadn’t discussed it with either her family or fiancé—even before she walked down the aisle with him. She thought:

“It would be nice to keep mum about it, forget about my sexual orientation as lesbian and move on with marriage”: to seek change.

But it didn’t turn out as planned for Pamela.

For 24 months, Pamela says she was living in pain but with grit and courage, she realized straight relationships (and marriage) were not meant for her and the best way to salvage the situation was to wipe the slate clean.

“My pain became more than my fear. I came out because I needed to be free from pain, from telling my loved ones lies, from living a double life (as lesbian and a married woman). The burden was just too heavy to bear,” she said with a serious look that mirrors nothing but sincerity.

“When I came out, I came out to free myself. I didn’t come out because I wanted to be an activist or because I wanted to prove a point. It was really about me.”

Pamela Adie was born in a Christian home; raised by staunch Catholic parents in the serene city of Calabar, Nigeria. She’s from Obudu in Cross River state.

When she was seventeen year old, she left for the United States where she earned a Bachelor of Business Administration, with a Minor in Personal and Professional Communication.

She says she had her first same-sex relationship even before she travelled abroad and having been in a same-sex relationship for years—she thought her marriage would save her from being lesbian.

It never did.

“Even before I came out, I was already in a same-sex relationship but I never saw myself as lesbian. I hadn’t come out to myself and I always thought that when I get married it will somehow go away. That’s one of the reasons I eventually got married.''

“At the end of the day, it didn’t go away because it’s not something that goes away. Your sexual orientation is part of who you are and it’s not a choice”.

After struggling to fit in for two years she couldn’t continue acting straight, she couldn’t put her sexual orientation behind her despite her marriage to a wonderful man.

“My ex-husband is a great guy. He didn’t deserve to be lied to. I felt really bad. For me coming out, and leaving the marriage was really for him so that he can move on and find someone that can give him what he really wants,” she said.

“My parents didn’t like that I am lesbian. They were angry. My mum was more vocal than my dad, though. My dad was more loving but the tension between my mum and I was thick. She was of the opinion that I was possessed and that there was something wrong with me. So it created a tension in the house,” she told YNaija in a past interview earlier this year.

“I don’t have that issue with my father. It’s still the same till today. He’s still the one I talk to the most. My mum hasn’t come to a place of acceptance as of this point. She’s still struggling with my sexual orientation.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/nigerian-lesbian-pamela-adie-sets-wedding-date-marry-partner-photos.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by Jostico: 11:32am On Jul 09, 2017
Lord please mercy for her for she don't know what she's doing

100 Likes

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by 10eola(m): 11:38am On Jul 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe's bae cheesy

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by veekid(m): 11:52am On Jul 09, 2017
Jostico:
Lord please mercy for her for she don't know what she's doing

And you know what you're doing? All these religious fanatics sef

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by teamsynergy: 11:53am On Jul 09, 2017
good for her...

sha stay away from Naija oooo, if not na kuje go be ur honey location

21 Likes

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 09, 2017
She must be nnamdi Cownu daughter, Ipob miscreants, buhari will never allow dis

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by UnknownT: 11:53am On Jul 09, 2017
Why do they always fix a date that farrrrrrrrr? Why always 2018? Before then, they fit even break up, cancel wedding, I've on

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by Nnamdi98(m): 11:53am On Jul 09, 2017
Jkk
Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 09, 2017
what do you enjoy been a lesbian When Rods are meant for you !!!!! Cucumber fall on you... Sister you need this New World Wonders Water !!!!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by Shortyy(f): 11:54am On Jul 09, 2017
Beautiful people.
Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by cadesky(m): 11:54am On Jul 09, 2017
Oya receive sense my sister

7 Likes

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by Leez(m): 11:54am On Jul 09, 2017
10eola:
NwaAmaikpe's bae cheesy
grin

8 Likes

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by rexbuton: 11:54am On Jul 09, 2017
she even WOR WOR .. e good for her sef

12 Likes

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 11:55am On Jul 09, 2017
Na dem, the developers

1 Like

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by BigBrother9ja: 11:55am On Jul 09, 2017
Oloriburuku undecided

When I see a gay angry

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by okonja(m): 11:55am On Jul 09, 2017
Chai...with all these your asset, na woman-to-woman you want. shocked shocked

10 Likes

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 11:55am On Jul 09, 2017
Instead of her to carry her fresh Toto give guys make them fvck so that they go enjoy and she will too, she come take am dey selfish

shocked

3 Likes

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by lokotamak(m): 11:56am On Jul 09, 2017
ummmm. sin upon sin

1 Like

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by Leez(m): 11:56am On Jul 09, 2017
FlirtyKaren:
Nigerian lesbian and LGBT rights campaigner, Biwom Pamela Adie has fixed the date of her wedding to sweetheart and partner.

According to an update she announced on her social media page, the date is 23rd of June, 2018.

In 2011 Pamela Adie left her family and friends shocked, when she came out to declare openly that she’s a lesbian. She used to be married to a man.

Pamela’s sexual orientation had been hidden from her family for years, she hadn’t discussed it with either her family or fiancé—even before she walked down the aisle with him. She thought:

“It would be nice to keep mum about it, forget about my sexual orientation as lesbian and move on with marriage”: to seek change.

But it didn’t turn out as planned for Pamela.

For 24 months, Pamela says she was living in pain but with grit and courage, she realized straight relationships (and marriage) were not meant for her and the best way to salvage the situation was to wipe the slate clean.

“My pain became more than my fear. I came out because I needed to be free from pain, from telling my loved ones lies, from living a double life (as lesbian and a married woman). The burden was just too heavy to bear,” she said with a serious look that mirrors nothing but sincerity.

“When I came out, I came out to free myself. I didn’t come out because I wanted to be an activist or because I wanted to prove a point. It was really about me.”

Pamela Adie was born in a Christian home; raised by staunch Catholic parents in the serene city of Calabar, Nigeria. She’s from Obudu in Cross River state.

When she was seventeen year old, she left for the United States where she earned a Bachelor of Business Administration, with a Minor in Personal and Professional Communication.

She says she had her first same-sex relationship even before she travelled abroad and having been in a same-sex relationship for years—she thought her marriage would save her from being lesbian.

It never did.

“Even before I came out, I was already in a same-sex relationship but I never saw myself as lesbian. I hadn’t come out to myself and I always thought that when I get married it will somehow go away. That’s one of the reasons I eventually got married.''

“At the end of the day, it didn’t go away because it’s not something that goes away. Your sexual orientation is part of who you are and it’s not a choice”.

After struggling to fit in for two years she couldn’t continue acting straight, she couldn’t put her sexual orientation behind her despite her marriage to a wonderful man.

“My ex-husband is a great guy. He didn’t deserve to be lied to. I felt really bad. For me coming out, and leaving the marriage was really for him so that he can move on and find someone that can give him what he really wants,” she said.

“My parents didn’t like that I am lesbian. They were angry. My mum was more vocal than my dad, though. My dad was more loving but the tension between my mum and I was thick. She was of the opinion that I was possessed and that there was something wrong with me. So it created a tension in the house,” she told YNaija in a past interview earlier this year.

“I don’t have that issue with my father. It’s still the same till today. He’s still the one I talk to the most. My mum hasn’t come to a place of acceptance as of this point. She’s still struggling with my sexual orientation.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/nigerian-lesbian-pamela-adie-sets-wedding-date-marry-partner-photos.html
grin if say na hia u try ds tin kirikiri go b ya new hauz
Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by Edu3Again: 11:56am On Jul 09, 2017

13 Likes

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by bigdot1759(m): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2017
End time wedding omo ale

4 Likes

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2017
End time wedding and family

4 Likes

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 11:57am On Jul 09, 2017
Omo ale Omo jati-jati angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by imstrong1: 11:58am On Jul 09, 2017
If she was married before then she is bisexual then don't know some people think they are born gay it's not sexual orientation but mental orientation

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by Deefuray(f): 11:58am On Jul 09, 2017
whatever rocks their boat

3 Likes

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by whizzyleejr(m): 11:58am On Jul 09, 2017
What's the happiness in such a marriage, why did God say and a man will take a woman as his wife, what's the most important thing in lesbianism/homosexuality...end time is near

4 Likes

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by ajalawole(m): 11:58am On Jul 09, 2017
after she lick and fvck blokes abi........... I wont be suprised if she later come out again that she need a man in her life
Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by Jorian1(m): 11:58am On Jul 09, 2017
See the Kind Brest she wan used be lesbians. Succulent

1 Like

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by fpeter(f): 11:59am On Jul 09, 2017
Idiotic

3 Likes

Re: Pamela Adie Set To Wed Her Lesbian Partner, Fixes Date For The Wedding (Photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:59am On Jul 09, 2017
Her life, her business.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Steps Out To Worship God In This Outfit (Photos) / E-money, His Wife And Kcee Storm Anambra, Welcomed By Kinsmen (Photos) / Olamide: I May Not Marry My Baby Mama; Adekunle Gold No Longer In YBNL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.