Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,210 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party (2243 Views)

We Are Not Part Of Your Agitation – Nnamdi Kanu’s Community Tell IPOB Leader / Biafra:We Are Not Part Of Your Agitation–Nnamdi Kanu Community Tell IPOB Leader / Count Us Out Of Biafra, Itsekiri Tell IPOB, MASSOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by Sanchez01: 11:43am On Jul 11, 2017
Warship:
Every honest person knows that the real reason IPOB members are calling for Biafra is because they want a country that gives them hope and a pleasant future
Everyone regardless of tribe, creed and religion deserves this.

A country of abundant jobs

A country where things work

A country that has security

A country of no discrimination
There is no such country as this in the world. The so-called 'most liberated state in the world (the USA) can neither boast of abundant jobs, sound security nor devoid racial profiling and racism.

The question is, can they achieve their dreams in this contraption called Nigeria.?
Yes, but the average Igbo man is greedy and believes the world has to revolve around him. Igbos are not even close to being marginalized than The Delta. Yet, you scream night and day when in reality you are scattered than other ethnic group combined. Your leaders are equally greedy and don't seem to care about the welfare of their people.

I laugh at people like Ex- Governor Peter Obi and Yorubas who thinks the problem is just leadership failure and corruption
Experience talks in the guise of Peter Obi and you call it bluff? As a people, we have one common enemy and that is the political class. Ask yourself why you struggle to make ends meet even in your state of origin whereas the governor and a selected few are living off the wealth of the people.

The youths also share a portion of this blame as they don't mind selling their conscience for paltry sums. It is in this part of the world that I have come to see youths celebrate a politician for building flyover bridges with fairy bulbs all over them.

Many fail to realize that the states can't do much because the power to

1) build infrastructures for international & national purposes
Before you leap, could at least mention your state of origin and also mention AT LEAST TWO WORLD CLASS INFRASTRUCTURE BUILT BY YOUR STATE GOVERNMENT FOR ITS PEOPLE before we start talking about a state governor building international structures for 'national purposes'?

2) exploit their resources for state developments

is not within the jurisdiction of the states.
I strongly share your line of thought here and would love the idea for states to control their resources, but you must understand this would not be the work of a restructured country. Never.

Even if Jesus is made the governor without his divine powers, he won't accomplish much
I count this as blasphemy.

Ask Ex Governor Peter Obi why he couldn't transform Anambra state into Dubai in 8years if he believes leadership failure is one of the problems facing Nigeria. After all he was a governor for 8years.
My good friend, it seems you were born in the 90's. Was developed built in eight years. What is the primary source of income of Anambra, compared to Dubai Is your IGR presently aligning with your Dubai thought process in any way.

One of Nigeria problems is the creation of states that have no powers to develop themselves
Wrong. The primary problem of Nigeria is that most of these states contribute little or nothing yet want to build a castle/empire.

DO YOU KNOW THAT STATES DO NOT HAVE THE JURISDICTION TO

1) Build international airports

2) Build international seaports

3) Repair federal roads

4) Exploit their resources and keep a large junk of it eg 50% derivation

5) Design their own Educational System

6) Dredge a river connected to the sea

7) Generate electricity solely for themselves without sending it to the national grind
I'm sure everyone knows this and this would never be realized via restructuring. I belive I would be creating a thread on this before the day runs out.

[s]
Do you know that even if the NigerDeltans take control over their oil & gas, they can't build international seaports/airports/railways/etc to diversify their economy like Singapore because of the system Nigeria is operating
[/s]
Aren't you a confused fellow You clamoured for resource control up there, now come back to poke The Delta that she would not be able to diversify while your own people can Comparing Singapore to The Delta when we operate a unitary system of government, as opposed to Singapore that operates a parliamentary representative democratic republic whereby the President of Singapore is the head of state, the Prime Minister of Singapore is the head of government, and of a multi-party system, is not only funny but also an indication that you do not understand people and the various systems of government being practiced all over.

Switzerland model remains the best for Nigeria, unfortunately, the Hausa-Fulani Yoruba elites have vowed never to embrace it.
You clearly don't understand this. Switzerland operates a DIRECT DEMOCRACY and is the only country in the world to do so. That a rope fits a goat does not mean it would be the same for a dog. Below is why Switzerland's model can never work for us;

1. We are one of the most diversified country in the world, with over 250 ethnic groups. So, an open democracy cannot work.
2. Switzerland prides itself in agriculture, trade and industry. We don't. Igbos trade, but are quite lazy when it comes to manufacturing. The same goes for other parts of Nigeria.
3. About 72% of Swiss GDP is generated by the service sector and 27% by industry. The contribution from the agricultural sector is less than 1%. How would Nigeria beat this
4. The European Union (EU) is Switzerland's main trading partner. Around 60% of Swiss imports are from the EU, while 60% of Swiss exports are destined for EU countries. Who are Nigeria's main trading partner? How about you go ahead to name just one trading partner the Igbos have?
5. Switzerland has the lowest rate of value-added tax in Europe. 8% is levied on most goods and services, 3.8% on accommodation services, and 2.5% on basic necessities and other everyday items. How do we go around this without killing the government?

That is why Obasanjo called for the assassination of Kanu.

That is why Arewas made their Kaduna Declaration against IPOB

Unfortunately, people like Fayose and Fani Kayode are ridiculed by their people for challenging these evil elites like Obasanjo
The IPOB is petty. You insulted the North and called them leeches, parasites and unprintable names. Now, they have asked you to leave their lands and you are crying? If I was a Northerner, I would have done worse. Is it any surprising today that no part of The Delta wants anything to do with you guys

What is Restructuring to we Igbos.?

Restructuring is adopting the Switzerland model where every canton is independent but united with other cantons on the basis of a common currency, foreign policy and the constitution.

Nigeria has 2 options

1) Restructure along the path of Switzerland model

2) Disintegrate along the path of East Timor
This is your headache. I can't wait for you guys to leave and God knows I would be one of the saddest persons in the country that would see that you guys remain.

Time will prove that Igbos will get any of these two through prayers, civil protests, sit at homes, boycotts, etc as prescribed by United Nations
The way you guys mention the UN is always laughable. There are so many problems in the world the UN holds as priority and Biafra is not one of the problems.

Those ethnic groups that oppose us will live to regret for eternality their opposition to our desire.
You guys are tad sensitive.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by Warship: 11:49am On Jul 11, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

The Thing that messes up ur entire post is you saying that Bad leadership and corruption are not not the things hindering progress .

imagine
there is a govt that has bad priorities and instead of building the infrastructure u listed.. uses the same money to give to boys to drink and be happy..
at the end of the day, the country will have no infrastructure to track down investment.
take for Example..Theordore Orgi of Abia that stayed without doing a thing and then The current govnor comes in and does wonder with lesser money.
So can u see what bad leadership can cause ??

imagine the scenerio of corruption.
100 million is budgetted for the 2nd Niger bridge. but instead of the money being used judiciously in carrying out the projecy, some corrupt croonies come out to embezzle the money and leave the work in disarray...
do u think the bridge will build itself ? how do u think people will bring in investment into the region ?
Have u seen what corruption can cause ?

So Peter Obi and late Sam Mbakwe were corrupt to you that is why they couldn't achieve their dreams of a well developed states.

Let me expose your illiteracy for the world to see

Answer these questions

1) Do states have the power to build airports, seaports, etc for international purpose

2) Do states have the power to exploit and retain at least 50% resources for their development

3) Do states have the power to set up their own police force to checkmate Fulani herdsmen terrorism.

4) Do states have the power to generate electricity solely for their indigenes without sending it to the National Grind.

5) Do states have the power to alter their own educational system to meet up to modern realities

Just answer these 5 questions first.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by Warship: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2017
nengibo:
A country of abundant jobs

A country where things work

A country that has security

A country of no discrimination

First of all, there is no country like this one you just described, so stop deceiving yourself that Biafra will be anything like that.

No doubt dat the ipob struggle inadvertently brought important questions to the table, like restructuring and questions of oppression of other groups by the present Apc fg, what I and other ethnic nationalities represented by their sons& daughters on nl are against is the land grabbing, hate speech, misrepresentation of our own goals by most ipob igbos because of their Biafra agenda

Cc Warship

Switzerland is a nation that has all those qualities

Go and study more about Switzerland.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by Warship: 11:54am On Jul 11, 2017
mrvitalis:

Lol I have read what happened. That's democracy for u bro that's y I said regional party u will never be opposition. People will only seek ur support for something in return

U need to study uk party system

You never read what happened. If you read what happened, then tell me what Excuse Shagari gave to Late Mbakwe for not accepting an international airport in his state then.?
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by Warship: 11:57am On Jul 11, 2017
Sanchez01:

There is no such country as this in the world. The so-called 'most liberated state in the world (the USA) can neither boast of abundant jobs, sound security nor devoid racial profiling and racism.

Yes, but the average Igbo man is greedy and believes the world has to revolve around him. Igbos are not even close to being marginalized than The Delta. Yet, you scream night and day when in reality you are scattered than other ethnic group combined. Your leaders are equally greedy and don't seem to care about the welfare of their people.

Experience talks in the guise of Peter Obi and you call it bluff? As a people, we have one common enemy and that is the political class. Ask yourself why you struggle to make ends meet even in your state of origin whereas the governor and a selected few are living off the wealth of the people.

The youths also share a portion of this blame as they don't mind selling their conscience for paltry sums. It is in this part of the world that I have come to see youths celebrate a politician for building flyover bridges with fairy bulbs all over them.

Before you leap, could at least mention your state of origin and also mention AT LEAST TWO WORLD CLASS INFRASTRUCTURE BUILT BY YOUR STATE GOVERNMENT FOR ITS PEOPLE before we start talking about a state governor building international structures for 'national purposes'?

I strongly share your line of thought here and would love the idea for states to control their resources, but you must understand this would not be the work of a restructured country. Never.

My good friend, it seems you were born in the 90's. Was developed built in eight years. What is the primary source of income of Anambra, compared to Dubai Is your IGR presently aligning with your Dubai thought process in any way.

Wrong. The primary problem of Nigeria is that most of these states contribute little or nothing yet want to build a castle/empire.

I'm sure everyone knows this and this would never be realized via restructuring. I belive I would be creating a thread on this before the day runs out.

[s][/s]
Aren't you a confused fellow You clamoured for resource control up there, now come back to poke The Delta that she would not be able to diversify while your own people can Comparing Singapore to The Delta when we operate a unitary system of government, as opposed to Singapore that operates a parliamentary representative democratic republic whereby the President of Singapore is the head of state, the Prime Minister of Singapore is the head of government, and of a multi-party system, is not only funny but also an indication that you do not understand people and the various systems of government being practiced all over.

You clearly don't understand this. Switzerland operates a DIRECT DEMOCRACY and is the only country in the world to do so. That a rope fits a goat does not mean it would be the same for a dog. Below is why Switzerland's model can never work for us;

1. We are one of the most diversified country in the world, with over 250 ethnic groups. So, an open democracy cannot work.
2. Switzerland prides itself in agriculture, trade and industry. We don't. Igbos trade, but are quite lazy when it comes to manufacturing. The same goes for other parts of Nigeria.
3. About 72% of Swiss GDP is generated by the service sector and 27% by industry. The contribution from the agricultural sector is less than 1%. How would Nigeria beat this
4. The European Union (EU) is Switzerland's main trading partner. Around 60% of Swiss imports are from the EU, while 60% of Swiss exports are destined for EU countries. Who are Nigeria's main trading partner? How about you go ahead to name just one trading partner the Igbos have?
5. Switzerland has the lowest rate of value-added tax in Europe. 8% is levied on most goods and services, 3.8% on accommodation services, and 2.5% on basic necessities and other everyday items. How do we go around this without killing the government?

The IPOB is petty. You insulted the North and called them leeches, parasites and unprintable names. Now, they have asked you to leave their lands and you are crying? If I was a Northerner, I would have done worse. Is it any surprising today that no part of The Delta wants anything to do with you guys

This is your headache. I can't wait for you guys to leave and God knows I would be one of the saddest persons in the country that would see that you guys remain.

The way you guys mention the UN is always laughable. There are so many problems in the world the UN holds as priority and Biafra is not one of the problems.

I am not going to stress myself explaining to you if you are not willing to learn

I will leave you with one Nation to study more about and learn of her success

SWITZERLAND

SWITZERLAND

SWITZERLAND
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by oladeebo: 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
slendxy:

An oba threatened to throw Igbos into the lagoon and was cheered, that is no provocation? A sitting president referred to Igbos as 5% and therefore should not expect much from him, that is no provocation? before now, every other tribes believed Igbos are the one spoiling Nigeria image abroad with drug trafficking while pretending they don't know that the foremost thing that spoils our image abroad is scam and Yahoo Yahoo which we know the leading tribe just because they are eager to prove that Igbos are criminal, yet you don't think all this is not provocation against the Igbos.

like I said before, leave sentiments aside and judge.
but how many of igbo Oba had threw into lagoon? those who were there laugh and said Oba is joking with them but people asking for the head of oba! why?
even now what left in image of Nigeria that igbo didn't spoil because of Biafra? and that's what Nigerian were saying that igbo is free to go but leave Nigeria for those who still have confident and love Nigeria!
is as simple as that!
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by mrvitalis(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
Warship:

You never read what happened. If you read what happened, then tell me what Excuse Shagari gave to Late Mbakwe for not accepting an international airport in his state then.?

That's democracy bro

U can't allow an oposition party out perform u

In a regional party it can't be seen as a competition
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by macjive01: 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
Warship:

So Peter Obi and late Sam Mbakwe were corrupt to you that is why they couldn't achieve their dreams of a well developed states.

Let me expose your illiteracy for the world to see

Answer these questions

1) Do states have the power to build airports, seaports, etc for international purpose IMO state build their airport- Now its an international Cargo airport.

2) Do states have the power to exploit and retain at least 50% resources for their development: Ogun state selling bitumen and Kogi selling lime stone to dangote cement, Kebbi mining Gold, Jos - Tin - Federal government dont get 50%.

3) Do states have the power to set up their own police force to checkmate Fulani herdsmen terrorism. Most of Igbo land had Bakassi at some point. Most villages still maintain some form of vigilantee

4) Do states have the power to generate electricity solely for their indigenes without sending it to the National Grind.

No- but setting up one like coal fired would first give mass employment to miners and then generate money from FG buying it. and that could be a leverage to negotiate other benefits

5) Do states have the power to alter their own educational system to meet up to modern realities,

No, but nothing stops states introducing addition lectures outside the regular curriculum. Moral lessons etc. Catholic schools do have some special religious "time" for rosary , for something dey pray by 12 noon etc.
During Lent they spend 1 hour doing "follow follow christ suffering" ( forgotten the name)

Just answer these 5 questions first.

Election is still the clearest way to advance the cause,
Gain executive power to effect seccesionist agendas
Gain state apparatus and machineries - like state broadcasting structures.
Coordinate investment to improve the economy of the region
Cordinate the unity projects.
and most important gain a clear mandate of the people

Nnamdi Kanu has no mandate.. he is only a director of an illegal radio station, thats why many Igbos and many people in South south still dont regard him- undoubtedly his message resonates with many- probably majority.
He needs to now win a clear mandate.

Scotland
The nationists advocated and aggitated for separation for a long time, did all the demostration and even threatened violence, but at the end they realised it doesnt serve any purpose. They then venture into politics. Formed SNP.
within two paliament elections or so, they became majority with their alliance- the Greens.

SNP- on winning majority of their paliament- set off building institutions of a country.
. Integrated their dying , forgotten local language Gaelic into school curruculum.
. Set up Special schools to tutor it and provided students with generous bursary to study it.
. Set up newspapers- couldnt set up a media house as the juridiction was with the national governement-( that contributed to why they lost the referendum, not having a TV station to cover SNP rally and provide positive spin to their message)
. Set up distinctive Scotland business forum to coordinate and secure special treatment for scottish businesses- Now only brandy made in scottand can bear Scotch drink. ( England never cared about that till SNP got in power)
. SNP being in power was able to advocate Scotishness.
won a landmark ruling to differentiate Scottish inventions from England- England previously claimed scottish inventions as English.
. SNP was able to carry out strategic construction programs for future statehood. Railway lines to connect Scotland. dualise scottish roads . ( The UK motor is 3 lanes on each side from down south of England till Scotland where it turns to dual -2 lanes. , further up, it becomes a single lane to Inverness.
. Built and supported building of seaports and harbours.
. Now on the verge of removing airport taxes so more planes can visit scotland- improving connectivity.

Spain-
Catalonias could not have been gotten where they are today without winning a mandate through the electorate- They have built up the structures for a separate state while still in Spain.
Built up their economy.
Integrated Catalonia education
Preserved their history and importantly defined it.
They have demostrated to their people that on separation they will be successful.
There is very few doubts they will be successful.

Now compare to Basque
Basque chose the route of IPOB
The went with demostrations,
.Civil disobedience- sit at home,
.Boycotts- boycotted dozens of elections
.Spain ignored them. - investors got scared away- the economy tanked.
.Out of frustration they started bombing government structures to send a message. were merely structural ( would inform the media that a certain building will be bombed- ensuring people are warned and stayed away)
.After wasting over 2 decades, they then received sense, disbanded their arm and bombing campaign and decided to go into elections.
.Those 2 decades in fact gave them bad reputations. They were labelled as miscreants and soon their own people began to turned against them.

There are dozens of other examples, it never work with demostrations etc, you need to takeover the system from inside.
win legitimacy from the poll.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by nengibo: 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
Warship:

Switzerland is a nation that has all those qualities

Go and study more about Switzerland.
There is no discrimination in Switzerland you say

Study this

https://www.humanrights.ch/en/switzerland/internal-affairs/racism/studies/council-europe-publishes-racism-monitoring-report-switzerland

Update: 16.09.2015
Council of Europe publishes its fifth racism monitoring report on Switzerland
On 16 September 2014, the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) published its fifth monitoring report on Switzerland examining racism, xenophobia, antisemitism and intolerance. It acknowledges some progress Switzerland achieved in the fight against racism, approving in particular the fact that the cantons were obliged to make counselling programmes available to all victims of racist discrimination.
The ECRI mainly criticises the fact that the political discourse in Switzerland is sometimes xenophobic, homophobic and transphobic. Once more it also regretted the fact that Switzerland does not have sufficient anti-discrimination laws. The Commission especially mentions the partially insufficient support of migrants concerning their integration and concludes that there is a lack of programmes for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) persons.

There is no perfect country

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by laudate: 4:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
fulanmafia:
The manner of the struggle itself is extremely foolish, which makes your goals unattainable regardless of their perceived merits.

What are your options?

Civil disobedience? You will be continually ignored until it turns violent, which is not in your interest.

Referendum/Restructuring? You need serious diplomacy to make the required constitutional amendment possible. Diplomacy that you and your kin have defined as "ass-licking the Abokees and Afonjas" and is thus forbidden (highlighting the legendary foolishness of the IPOB approach)

The UN? This is a dead end because the same charter expressly recognizes the sovereignty of Nigeria. Read the clause on self-determination exhaustively to understand this reality. Laudate can help break it down to IPOB sized chunks for easier understanding if you are serious.

War? This is your only realistic option in light of the ideology of your agitation. This is exactly what the erudite Prof. Oyebode was emphasizing. I'm sure you're not inclined towards this option judging from the tone of your original post.

Your only real two options are diplomacy or war. Therefore to tread the path of diplomacy is in alignment with the concept of IPOB becoming a political party through which it can lobby to promote its interests, despite the rib-cracking hilarity of the idea of IPOB's ability to play Nigerian politics.
You dey mind dem? shocked A large number of the IPOB crew are so clueless, that if wisdom or knowledge came and tapped them on the head, they would just brush it aside, instead of grabbing it with both hands. A lot of the pros and cons of their actions, have been broken down into small bits not just on this thread, but on many other threads, but they have refused to look, listen and learn. They believe in rushing headlong into an uncertain event, only to come out on the worst side of it. Then they turn round looking for whom to blame for their misfortunes, as they play the victim card. They are allergic to diplomacy. And they have not learnt from the lessons of their forbears, and the events of the late 60s. Leave them. E go soon do dem like film! cheesy
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by fulanmafia: 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
laudate:

You dey mind dem? shocked A large number of the IPOB crew are so clueless, that if wisdom or knowledge came and tapped them on the head, they would just brush it aside, instead of grabbing it with both hands. A lot of the pros and cons of their actions, have been broken down into small bits not just on this thread, but on many other threads, but they have refused to look, listen and learn. They believe in rushing headlong into an event, only to come out on the worst side of it. Then they turn round looking for whom to blame for their misfortunes, as they play the victim card. They are allergic to diplomacy. And they have not learnt from the lessons of their forbears, and the events of the late 60s. Leave them. E go soon do dem like film! cheesy

I couldn't agree more. The more you drill sense into their heads, the stronger their resolve to be obstinate and remain ignorant, preferring to illogically compare apples and oranges.

It appears that every 50 years or so, each generation need to be reminded of the futility of unpreparedly engaging the Federal forces in a game of might. What a tragedy of humanity.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by fulanmafia: 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by fulanmafia: 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by slendxy: 4:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
oladeebo:

but how many of igbo Oba had threw into lagoon? those who were there laugh and said Oba is joking with them but people asking for the head of oba! why?
even now what left in image of Nigeria that igbo didn't spoil because of Biafra? and that's what Nigerian were saying that igbo is free to go but leave Nigeria for those who still have confident and love Nigeria!
is as simple as that!
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by laudate: 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
macjive01:
Elections is still the clearest way to advance the cause,

Nnamdi Kanu has no mandate.. he is only a director of an illegal radio station, thats why many Igbos and many people in South south still dont regard him- undoubtedly his message resonates with many- probably majority.

Scotland
The nationists advocated and aggitated for separation for a long time, did all the demostration and even threatened violence, but at the end they realised it doesnt serve any purpose
. They then venture into politics. Formed SNP.
within two paliament elections or so, they became majority with their alliance- the Greens.

SNP- on winning majority of their paliament- set off building institutions of a country.
. Integrated their dying , forgotten local language Gaelic into school curruculum.

. Set up Special schools to tutor it and provided students with generous bursary to study it.
. Set up newspapers- couldnt set up a media house as the juridiction was with the national government-( that contributed to why they lost the referendum, not having a TV station to cover SNP rally and provide positive spin to their message)
.Set up distinctive Scotland business forum to coordinate and secure special treatment for Scottish businesses - Now only brandy made in scotland can bear Scotch drink. ( England never cared about that till SNP got in power)
.SNP being in power was able to advocate Scottishness.
won a landmark ruling to differentiate Scottish inventions from England- England previously claimed scottish inventions as English.
.SNP was able to carry out strategic construction programs for future statehood. Railway lines to connect Scotland. dualise scottish roads . ( The UK motor is 3 lanes on each side from down south of England till Scotland where it turns to dual -2 lanes. , further up, it becomes a single lane to Inverness.
. Now on the verge of removing airport taxes so more planes can visit scotland- improving connectivity.

Spain-
Catalonias could have been gotten where they are today with winning a mandate through the electorate- They have built up the structures of a separate state while still in Spain.
Built up their economy.
They have demostrated to their people that on separation they will be successful.

Now compare to Basque
Basque choose the route of IPOB

.Out of frustration they started bombing government structures to send a message. were merely structural ( would inform the media that a certain building will be bombed- ensuring people are warned and stayed away)
.After wasting over 2 decades, they then received sense, disbanded their arm and bombing campaign and decided to go into elections.
.Those 2 decades in fact gave them bad reputations.
They were labelled as miscreants and soon their own people began to turned against them.

There are dozens of other examples, it never work with demostrations etc, you need to takeover the system from inside.
What a beautiful, articulate piece! shocked Well written and incisive. cheesy Here, have a chilled bottle of the best beverage on me. cool May God continue to increase the wisdom, knowledge and understanding he has deposited in your life!

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by Warship: 6:08am On Jul 12, 2017
mrvitalis:

That's democracy bro

U can't allow an oposition party out perform u

In a regional party it can't be seen as a competition

So democracy to you is to oppose development like opposing the conversion of an Airport into an international one

You see why Biafrans don't want to share the same country with people like you

Opposing development because of politics

Shame unto you and your entire ethnic group be it Hausa Fulani or Yoruba or Whatever.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by Warship: 6:11am On Jul 12, 2017
macjive01:

Elections is still the clearest way to advance the cause,

Scotland
The nationists advocated and aggitated for separation for a long time, did all the demostration and even threatened violence, but at the end they realised it doesnt serve any purpose. They then venture into politics. Formed SNP.

. Set up newspapers- couldnt set up a media house as the juridiction was with the national governement-( that contributed to why they lost the referendum, not having a TV station to cover SNP rally and provide positive spin to their message)
. Set up distinctive Scotland business forum to coordinate and secure special treatment for scottish businesses- Now only brandy made in scottand can bear Scotch drink. ( England never cared about that till SNP got in power)
. SNP being in power was able to advocate Scotishness.
. SNP was able to carry out strategic construction programs for future statehood. Railway lines to connect Scotland. dualise scottish roads . ( The UK motor is 3 lanes on each side from down south of England till Scotland where it turns to dual -2 lanes. , further up, it becomes a single lane to Inverness.

Spain-
Catalonias could have been gotten where they are today with winning a mandate through the electorate- They have built up the structures of a separate state while still in Spain.
Built up their economy.

Now compare to Basque
Basque choose the route of IPOB
.Those 2 decades in fact gave them bad reputations. They were labelled as miscreants and soon their own people began to turned against them.

You are still dreaming when you say Kanu has no mandate

The millions supporting him are they trees

To cut the story short

Is One Nigeria By Force.?

Those who don't have dignity beg for Unity.?

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by Warship: 6:18am On Jul 12, 2017
fulanmafia:

I couldn't agree more. The more you drill sense into their heads, the stronger their resolve to be obstinate and remain ignorant, preferring to illogically compare apples and oranges.

It appears that every 50 years or so, each generation need to be reminded of the futility of unpreparedly engaging the Federal forces in a game of might. What a tragedy of humanity.

You did not address the system that makes the States unable to exploit their resources to construct infrastructures for international purposes that bring development to their areas

Anyway to cut the story short

Is Unity By Force.?

Fulani man, I don't want to share the same country with you

Lugard's enslavement camp is over

We shall return to our original African arrangement before the white men distorted it

Kiss your Nigeria containing the Igbos of SE/SS/Benue and other interested ethnic groups good bye

I don't want to be your fellow countryman again

Bye bye

To Fulani herdsmen terrorism

Bye bye

To Hausa Fulani Islamic extremism

Bye bye

To those who oppose Restructuring

Bye bye to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by mrvitalis(m): 8:00am On Jul 12, 2017
Warship:

So democracy to you is to oppose development like opposing the conversion of an Airport into an international one

You see why Biafrans don't want to share the same country with people like you

Opposing development because of politics

Shame unto you and your entire ethnic group be it Hausa Fulani or Yoruba or Whatever.
It even happened in abia not too long ago when either osisioma lga boss was in the opposition and was frustrated that's politics it's ur way to over come it that makes u strong

I really feel Nigerians should practice socialism we seem to expect too much from a democratic government in a Capitalist economy

By the way am full blooded Igbo boy
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell IPOB To Become A Political Party by laudate: 5:39pm On Jul 12, 2017
Sanchez01:

I'm sure everyone knows this and this would never be realized via restructuring. I believe I would be creating a thread on this before the day runs out.

Another great articulate piece! cool I read it over and over. let us hope the chap you responded to, would glean the pearls of wisdom inherent in it. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto / Video Of Nnamdi Kanu In Aba For Rally During Goodluck Jonathan's Administration / VP Helicopter Crash: Negative Posts That Got People Talking.. PIX -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.