Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

C. A. C., Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 10/7/2017 Because You Prayed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / C. A. C., Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 10/7/2017 Because You Prayed (344 Views)

When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? / Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. / My Dream Of The Rapture(8/7/2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

C. A. C., Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 10/7/2017 Because You Prayed by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
C. A. C., LIVING WATER
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

DATE: MONDAY, JULY 10, 2017
TOPIC: BECAUSE YOU PRAYED
BIBLE READING: ISAIAH 37:21,33-38

MEMORISE: When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. (Luke 3:21)

Interestingly, God sent Prophet Isaiah, son of Amoz with this message to King Hezekiah, Thus says the LORD God of Israel, 'Because you have prayed to Me against Sennacherib king of Assyria (Note: the bold italics is for emphasis). What do you do when you're worried, threatened, discouraged, fearful and too desperate? Do you turn inward and suffer yourself, or turn them all upward to God in prayers? Note these three words in God’s message to Hezekiah -Because you prayed (Isa. 37:21 NLT). This shows us the best place to go with our anxieties. And because Hezekiah “spread it out before the LORD” in prayers (Isa. 37:14), God rescued him and his people from that brutal Assyrian King who was prepared to destroy Jerusalem.
When we turn our apprehensions into prayers, we discover that God is faithful in unanticipated ways: Therefore this is what the LORD says concerning the king of Assyria: "He will not enter this city or shoot an arrow here. He will not come before it with shield or build a siege ramp against it. By the way that he came he will return; he will not enter this city," declares the LORD. "I will defend this city and save it, for my sake and for the sake of David my servant!" The result was, And one day ... his sons smote him with the sword. Amen. Imagine God fighting your battles like that! So, take time to pray earnestly today. Spread it out before the Lord and see His wonders at work.

PRAYER POINTS:
1. Hear my prayer, O God: give ear unto my cry, hold not Your peace at my tears, and preserve my life from fear of the enemy.
2. Lord, help me to duly and fully appreciate the importance of committing everything to You in prayers.
3. Lord, restore the godly legacy of Tarrying Meeting in our churches, as it was done then, by our founding fathers/mothers.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: GENESIS 38 - 41

(1) (Reply)

Wofbi / Man Pretends To Be God’s Angel, Rapes 20-year-old Girl In Lagos / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 30/7/2017 Excellent Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.