Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,104 members, 7,852,746 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:57 AM

Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) (1305 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me / Before You Marry As A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
A friend of mine wants to marry a lady, base on his assessment he believes the lady is decent but he also believes a broken home cannot breed or produce a responsible adult.Guys and ladies can you marry(lady or guy) from a broken home.what are the criteria or excuse that can make you insist or continue a relationship that could lead to marriage with an individual from a broken home.
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by SmartchoicesNG: 9:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
Neither here nor there.
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by optional1(f): 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2017
i can't marry a guy from a broken home.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by SmartchoicesNG: 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2017
optional1:
Why not?

Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by elantraceey(f): 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
There are many irresponsible adults from unbroken homes, he/she wasn't the one that caused the parents breakup so why should they be judged in that light?

In fact I can even say that some people from broken home must have experience the pains that comes with it and won't want their children to go through same too so they tend to be more faithful and very careful ( I've met a few like this) .

You shouldn't judge someone by their background but by the person they are now.

13 Likes

Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by gabinogem(m): 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2017
elantraceey:
There are many irresponsible adults from unbroken homes, he/she wasn't the one that caused the parents breakup so why should they be judged in that light?

In fact I can even say that some people from broken home must have experience the pains that comes with it and won't want their children to go through same too so they tend to be more faithful and very careful ( I've met a few like this) .

Wise & Experienced Lady You Are

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
optional1:
you and my friend are on the same lane.Even after his accessment he still believes broken home breeds low self esteem ,i can do everything on mine own mentality and other negative vices
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by optional1(f): 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
Why not?

cos a broken home will affect me negatively...
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by optional1(f): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
vingeophysicist:
you and my friend are on the same lane.Even after his accessment he still believes broken home breeds low self esteem ,i can do everything on mine own mentality and other negative vices

the family aren't together decision making in the family will be very difficult especially when the parent ended up in a bad way..

He will display both parent bad attitude to me.

It will aftect me and the kids in terms of who you will take care of and who to visit during the holidays..
Non of his parent can even visit us cos the other will feel bad that their child is taking care of the other...

There is probability that he will one day rise his hands on me cos he might have seen his dad doing such..

I can't if your family isn't together then run away from me...
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Ncsamuel(m): 9:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
Me am from a broken home o and i dont look forward to getting married sef, cos i never had a father figure, so i believe in mysef, i find it strange when ppl talk abt loving me cos i dnt know what love is like, so how can i 'share' it with you?
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
Ncsamuel:
Me am from a broken home o and i dont look forward to getting married sef, cos i never had a father figure, so i believe in mysef, i find it strange when ppl talk abt loving me cos i dnt know what love is like, so how can i 'share' it with you?
a typical mentality of someone from a broke home.very sorry though

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Ncsamuel(m): 9:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
vingeophysicist:
a typical mentality of someone from a broke home.very sorry though
ppl say i should go and learn how to love. And i ll be like ''is there a school of love somewhere''?
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
I could marry a guy from a broken home. It's not the circumstances that surrounds a person's birth that defines him/her but who the person is_is what defines them.
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by lekjons(m): 10:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
your friend is not ready to get married..
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
Benita27:
I could marry a guy from a broken home. It's not the circumstances that surrounds a person's birth that defines him/her but who the person is_is what defines them.
His environment can determine who he will become.An environment where there is no love.
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
vingeophysicist:
His environment can determine who he will become.An environment where there is no love.
He has a choice to either be influenced by his environment or not. That was why I said his birth circumstances doesn't define him but who he's. "Birth circumstances" in this context encompasses environment and happenings around him while he was growing up.
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by KardinalZik(m): 4:22am On Jul 11, 2017
Of course, YES. That the parents chose to break their home doesn't mean we'll do the same. It isn't automatic.
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by KardinalZik(m): 4:27am On Jul 11, 2017
optional1:

the family aren't together decision making in the family will be very difficult especially when the parent ended up in a bad way..

He will display both parent bad attitude to me.

It will aftect me and the kids in terms of who you will take care of and who to visit during the holidays..
Non of his parent can even visit us cos the other will feel bad that their child is taking care of the other...

There is probability that he will one day rise his hands on me cos he might have seen his dad doing such..

I can't if your family isn't together then run away from me...
So you think those who live together don't beat their wives? Most women you see are just enduring, rather than enjoying their marriage.
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by KardinalZik(m): 4:32am On Jul 11, 2017
vingeophysicist:
So, in your wildest dream...parents who are together defines a loving environment, right? Wake up o.
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Juliearth(f): 4:41am On Jul 11, 2017
vingeophysicist:
A friend of mine wants to marry a lady, base on his assessment he believes the lady is decent but he also believes a broken home cannot breed or produce a responsible adult.Guys and ladies can you marry(lady or guy) from a broken home.what are the criteria or excuse that can make you insist or continue a relationship that could lead to marriage with an individual from a broken home.

Children from broken homes always turn out to be the best wives/husbands. They have gone through an ordeal and would not want to put their wives and kids through that. It is the same psychology behind the fact that those who struggled and suffered to go to school always want the best and hassle-free education for their kids.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Juliearth(f): 4:45am On Jul 11, 2017
elantraceey:

My point exactly,sister-girl. If my future man comes from a broken home,that would endear him more to me and my role would be to fill up the vaccuum the separation must have created. Those people who are of the opinion that they cant marry from a broken home are SELFISH,always thinking of what they can benefit and not the impact they can make.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Juliearth(f): 4:46am On Jul 11, 2017
optional1:

I am sorry to say this,it is your opinion,however selfish.
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Juliearth(f): 4:48am On Jul 11, 2017
vingeophysicist:

Low self esteem is possible,but that can be eliminated by marrying the right man or woman.
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Juliearth(f): 4:48am On Jul 11, 2017
optional1:

cos a broken home will affect me negatively...

How?
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 11, 2017
Juliearth:

How?
how? reason with individual from a broken home then if you still ask how i will take my time to explain.
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Juliearth(f): 9:18am On Jul 11, 2017
vingeophysicist:
how? reason with individual from a broken home then if you still ask how i will take my time to explain.

I try to judge people individually regardless of their past or background. My cousin grew up without a father(divorced) and he is the best husband/father any lady can wish for. I had a chat with him some years back and he told me about how painful and dehumanizing growing up that way was and that formed the basis of him being responsible....now this is one out of so many instances and its simple psychology- what you lacked as a child,you would work extra hard to see that your family never lacks that. I am not trying to condemn your ideologies-you are absolutely entitled to them,but if I could,I would advise that you slow your roll and be more open minded about guys from broken homes. They may still be affected by their past(rare cases) then your role as a woman must set in. I rest my case sister girl.
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Exceed15: 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2023
elantraceey:

It is impact on them we are talking about. A child raised by single parent is psychologically imbalanced. It's a matter of time it will reflect in their marriage.
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by frozen70(f): 10:39pm On Jul 28, 2023

No one wishes to be born into a broken home

Most broken home never saw it coming untill it go to that stage

No marriage is guaranteed that it will stand or break

Circumstances can lead to any nonsense in marriage

So, tell that your guy to access the lady by the kind of heart she has not kind of marriage her parents have

Even the guy can't even say if his marriage will escape that broken home experience
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by Dogalmighty17: 8:09am On Jul 29, 2023
Never! That's the worst mistake any man can make. A woman from a broken home can never give you peace of mind. She is bitter and will always take out her frustrations on you. They are men haters and will turn your children against you.
Re: Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) by MICVOCT(m): 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2023
Capital letter YES.

<clear throat>

(1) (Reply)

Dr In The House I Need Ur Med Advice / Politician Daughter Shares Photos Of Her And Her Big Boob's On Twitter / Name A Nairaland Person You Would Like To See Divorced Or Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.