Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist (29818 Views)

The Failure Of Christian Deism / Deism, "-there Must Be Something" / From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 11:22pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Our resident m0ron never disappoints.
For your information, "idiot'' with respect to my name is a compliment.

Ignorant fool.

''3 idiots'' is the title of a very popular Bollywood blockbuster from which my moniker is derived. That is why I am ''famous''.

Because of your ignorance and foolishness, you are the first person on this forum to react negatively to my moniker.

A simple Google search would have saved you from embarrassing yourself.

Ode!!!!

Three Idiots grin

The name says it all.
Compliments kwa cool u be producer fa?

Olodo!
See how you goofed above.

1 Like

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by Ranchhoddas: 11:27pm On Jul 17, 2017
felixomor:

Three Idiots grin

The name says it all.
Compliments kwa cool
Olodo!
Even after the explanation.

Kai!!!

How can a person be so daft?
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Even after the explanation.

Kai!!!

How can a person be so daft?

Sharrap my Friend.
See how you fooled yourself above?

Compliments kwa,
Movie producer ni.

1 Like

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by Ranchhoddas: 11:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
felixomor:

Three Idiots grin

The name says it all.
Compliments kwa cool u be producer fa?

Olodo!
See how you goofed above.
Jesus wept.

Guy go and get a vasectomy ASAP. You should not be allowed to breed.

1 Like

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 11:34pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Jesus wept.

Quiet.
Is that why u polluted this thread with your idiocy?

1 Like

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by Ranchhoddas: 11:37pm On Jul 17, 2017
felixomor:

Quiet.
Is that why u polluted this thread with your idiocy?
I know you must always have the last word. So have it now. Bye.

Felixmoron
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 11:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I know you must always have the last word. So have it now. Bye.

Felixmoron

Three Idiots grin

1 Like

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by Dalamama: 12:21am On Jul 18, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Jesus wept.

Our resident mumu will soon tell you he is old enough to be your father. So thread carefully. grin

1 Like

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by Ranchhoddas: 12:50am On Jul 18, 2017
Dalamama:

Our resident mumu will soon tell you he is old enough to be your father. So thread carefully. grin
That guy is too dumb to be human.
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by spacetacular(f): 9:03am On Jul 18, 2017
ScienceWatch:
My post was not directed at Spacetacular, but at ranchhod

Okay for a minute there you had me confused. I was beginning to wonder if everyone wasn't going crazy. Thanks for the explanation.
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by JackBizzle: 9:05am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Okay for a minute there you had me confused. I was beginning to wonder if everyone wasn't going crazy. Thanks for the explanation.

So you can see that you got comprehension problems
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by spacetacular(f): 9:07am On Jul 18, 2017
JackBizzle:

So you can see that you got comprehension problems

It wasn't for lack of comprehension dumbo. It was an obviously wrongly directed comment meant for another so naturally I could not relate to it. It's quite different from yours which though directed at you left you disoriented still.
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by JackBizzle: 9:23am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

It wasn't for lack of comprehension dumbo. It was an obviously wrongly directed comment meant for another so naturally I could not relate to it. It's quite different from yours which though directed at you left you disoriented still.
Lol

Maybe Jesus will come back and speak to you from a CNN broadcast
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by spacetacular(f): 9:24am On Jul 18, 2017
JackBizzle:

Lol

Maybe Jesus will come back and speak to you from a CNN broadcast

Oh yes. And wouldn't that be grand?

1 Like

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by JackBizzle: 9:25am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Oh yes. And wouldn't that be grand?

Yes in the dreams of a religiously decayed mind
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by spacetacular(f): 9:28am On Jul 18, 2017
JackBizzle:

Yes in the dreams of a religiously decayed mind

Yes and what a sweet decay it actually is. smiley

But you are intimidated by one of such religiously decayed minds. How is that possible?
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by JackBizzle: 10:45am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Yes and what a sweet decay it actually is. smiley

But you are intimidated by one of such religiously decayed minds. How is that possible?

Nonsense
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by ScienceWatch: 11:58am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

No Problem ! Things do go crazy when the Lower class Atheist show up.

Hond is an Atheist, but he use to label the crazy ones accurately as, "Coward Atheists." The rest he labeled, "BRAVE ATHEISTS."

The COWARD ATHEIST can not resist spewing destructive hatred, especially from the safety of their internet connections.

The BRAVE ATHEIST is focused on respectfully seeking the highest truth, when they find it the abandon Atheism.

Medical science has released their SHOCKING FINDINGS of a 10 year study of Atheists. the evidence proves that Atheism is a mental disease.
Correction : The findings are based on a 22 yr study which makes it even more scientifically compelling.
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by JackBizzle: 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
ScienceWatch:
No Problem ! Things do go crazy when the Lower class Atheist show up.

Hond is an Atheist, but he use to label the crazy ones accurately as, "Coward Atheists." The rest he labeled, "BRAVE ATHEISTS."

The COWARD ATHEIST can not resist spewing destructive hatred, especially from the safety of their internet connections.

The BRAVE ATHEIST is focused on respectfully seeking the highest truth, when they find it the abandon Atheism.

Medical science has released their SHOCKING FINDINGS of a 10 year study of Atheists. the evidence proves that Atheism is a mental disease.

Dear spacetacular, as you can see, your new BFF is a mad man
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by ScienceWatch: 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
JackBizzle:

Dear spacetacular, as you can see, your new BFF is a mad man
View the incredible insights below of great men and women of superior intelligence into the insanity of Lackbizzle and Atheism ?

Always remember Atheists worship their god called science. But now medical science has published their findings of a 22 yr old study of ATHEISM and found ATHEISM TO BE A MENTAL DISEASE.

9) I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.--Abraham Lincoln

10) A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower. --C.S. Lewis

11) To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, "I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge" --Ravi Zacharias

12) A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol. --Deitrich Bonhoeffer

13) If we were to judge nature by common sense or likelihood, we wouldn't believe the world existed. --Annie Dillard

14) If God were small enough to be understood by Atheists, He would not be big enough to be worshiped. --Evelyn Underhill

15)The turning point in our lives is when we stop seeking the God we want and start seeking the God who is. --- Patrick Morley

16) I want atheism to be true but am made uneasy by the fact that some of the most intelligent and well-informed people I know are religious believers. It isn't just that I don't believe in God and, naturally, I hope that I'm right in my belief. It's that I hope there is no God! I don't want there to be a God; I don't want the universe to be like that. --Thomas Nagel

17) We may seek God by our intellect, but we only can find him with our heart. –Cotvos

1 Like

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by ScienceWatch: 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Transgender pregnancy? What the hell is going on here? Where and when did I indicate interest in transgender pregnancy and who is Pastor Bronchitis?
Humble Apologies to you. I repeat here that the post was meant for Ranchoddas.
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by ScienceWatch: 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
JackBizzle:
If one is observant, he will find that many Christian apologists run away from defending their God but instead, they argue for a deistic God.

Christian apologists like kingebukasblog, Craig Williams and Turek all seen to be Christians at heart but deist when they meet atheists.

Isn't this some kind of silent admittance that a christian God is just not logical, especially when it comes to philosophical debates?
The OP will make the failed prophet of Atheism, Richard Dawkins get a heart attack when he see this crude topic.

The failed prophet of modern Atheism, failed because his frantic followers failed to learn some basics from him which are;

1) There are three mental faculties a human can use in a debate, the lowest one is LOGIC.
2) Attack God as one God. Dont seperate Him into Christian God, Muslim God, Buddist God, etc etc We will fail.

The OP has clearly ignored his masters commands when he stated that, "Isn't this some kind of silent admittance that a christian God is just not logical, especially when it comes to philosophical debates?

The OP has accelerated the downfall of Atheism by foolishly insisting that this Great God satisfy his lowest mental faculty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by budaatum: 6:17pm On Oct 23, 2017
CoolUsername:

Maybe God killed himself to create the Universe? I think they call that pandeism. An interesting concept in my opinion, Scott Adams, maker of the newspaper cartoon, Dilbert wrote about in his piece, God's Debris. The guy believes that self-destruction is the only worthwhile challenge for an omnipotent being, causing God to kill himself with our Universe being a by product..

The concept is portrayed with the phoenix. It is said to obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. Some have suggested Christ is a phoenix motif
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by budaatum: 6:29pm On Oct 23, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

It's like asking why a book needs an author or why a program needs a programmer . The author is the mind behind the book , the programmer is the mind behind the program .
Not quite. Its more like asking, 'Why does a rock need a rock maker? Then claiming 'The rock maker is the mind behind the rock'.

It's a very religious way of thinking I dare say. If an ill person is healed by a doctor, the same logic makes the religious person thank god. God, and not the knowledge of the doctor, cured the ill person. Ergo, ill person might as well go to a preacher, who is after all closer to god.
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by budaatum: 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
spacetacular:

I am a Christian who says it as it should be said. Some of you lot deserve some hard knocks.

AnonyNymous:

Religion is the scientific method backwards
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by budaatum: 7:16pm On Oct 23, 2017
CatfishBilly:

So, you just sit in your home in the UK and make inferences about the most remote communities on planet Earth? undecided undecided

TBN is offering cable TV for free? How many rural communities have they covered? Can you give a percentage?
Nigeria doesn't have free cable TV ( that shiiiit is expensive) unless you get it by illegal means and you still pay for it, so I don't see any reason why people living on less than $2 a day would be bothered about cable TV

Solar power? You have absolutely no clue. God. I don't even know how to address that point.

Phones and Facebook Livestreams for people who can't even afford to eat grin cheesy angry

Why would Jesus be so dependent on fallible human technology for his second coming?

He would be like "I'm coming today" then boom, Niger Delta Avengers vandalize a pipeline and Nigeria is thrown into darkness for a week then Jesus has to postpone his coming back for another week?

Do you know how ridiculous you sound? Just stop.
Lol. Who needs telly when you make me laugh so!
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by budaatum: 7:21pm On Oct 23, 2017
spacetacular:

Distribution is dependant also on a digital box or dongle and those are already being supplied FOR FREE to remote locations.
Hmm, its not, you know! Nobody is giving away free digital boxes or dongle in Nigeria.

Source please.
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by budaatum: 7:27pm On Oct 23, 2017
frank317:

There is a reason why she will not answer...she, even Felixomor had to dodge and not help her out.

If she says yes, then her foolish theory on everybody seeing Jesus on television will fall flat on her face. Yet she claimed she was wise when she was busy propounding the television theory
Its sounding silly now. I am sure spectacular did not mean telly, literally. She, or someone, even suggested advanced telly, like telly evolved, a la Star Trek.

Get with people! Get telly!
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by budaatum: 7:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
frank317:

Using visual technology to explain the whole world seeing Jesus appear in the sky is the most stupid thing holy spirit has revealed to anyone since I have been on Nairaland.
The theory is cheap and dubious. Lol Jesus is waiting for the advancement of technology. He can't develop his own spiritual divine technology ... Chai, Nairaland no go kill me
Actually, I don't see it being that silly. Jesus is waiting for advancement perhaps, it doesn't have to be in technology, literally. It could be spiritual divine something. He is written to have said so here.

However, if you can manage not to take it literally, you'd have to do the same with 'Jesus', if you want to be honest.
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by budaatum: 7:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
ScienceWatch:

Correction : The findings are based on a 22 yr study which makes it even more scientifically compelling.
Hmm?!

Sorry, my bad.
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by budaatum: 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2017
Can't believe I got through this thread. It started off intelligently, then went for a potty doing both sides great disservice.

If folks understood this was a powers and principality kind of issue, which it is, I am certain you'd chose your words wiser.

Well, I am suggestion.
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by Martinez19(m): 1:11am On Oct 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

it can't be used for FSM? what nonsense
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Pastor Chidi Okafor "Strikes Woman With Blindness", Accuses Her Of Witchcraft / Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients / Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.