Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist (29816 Views)

The Failure Of Christian Deism / Deism, "-there Must Be Something" / From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by budaatum: 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
KingEbukasBlog:

You are mixing up so much . I sense so much confusion . The existence of God is one thing and if God inspired the bible is another thing . If all theistic religions are false , it does not in any logical way question God's existence . It simply means God did not inspire the writing of any religious books or the supposed messengers .
Doesn't it? If everything written, from a theistic stand point, about gods is false, I would think it's rather logical to think gods themselves are false. And, anything anyone says about gods' existence is more likely to be false. Unless they are claiming to be superior to those who went before them and so know something the rest of us don't know.
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by tintingz(m): 10:49am On Feb 09, 2018
KingEbukasBlog:

This is why I think atheists are inept at arguing against God's existence . You don't understand what you are against . You just argue blindly .

Theology studies the nature of God . And deism as a theological position insists that the God who created the universe does not intervene in it . Cosmological argument or other logical arguments for God's existence do not argue for the nature of the divine but its existence .

It goes like this

1. The existence of God
2. The nature of God
3. Religion

I will only use the bible when I'm arguing for the credibility and verity of Christianity with adherents of other theistic religions .

If I'm arguing with a deist I argue with my knowledge of theology . Because the deist has a different thought of the nature of God .

If I argue with an atheist , Im concerned about the existence of God not Christianity or other religions .

Do you get it now ?
@ bold, so when you try to prove God using cosmological argument, are you trying to prove a leprechaun God, fairy God, Santa God, FSM, pink unicorn God, Olorun, Odin, Zeus, Brahma, aliens?

When you try to prove no. 1 which is the existence of God, won't you be forced to give rational argument about no. 2 the nature or God and no. 3 religion? If you fail no. 2 & 3 doesn't that falsify the no. 1?

If deist god doesn't intervene, how did they know he doesn't intervene?

Don't forget this is about belief, you can't eat your cake and have it too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Pastor Chidi Okafor "Strikes Woman With Blindness", Accuses Her Of Witchcraft / Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients / Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.