Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? (44646 Views)

Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches / What Is Going On In GTBank Branches Today? / Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by tonguengineer(m): 8:03am On Jul 15, 2017
obiech:
Those in my area have sha
U can lie
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by jomoh: 8:03am On Jul 15, 2017
adedayourt:
av u seen the one at Anthony, it has two see through gates

GTBank anthony has no gate at all. I worked at that branch. Maybe another branch but definitely not anthony lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 15, 2017
Gentle2015:
The one in Sagamu has gate
This one is GP bank

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by initiate: 8:03am On Jul 15, 2017
go to the branch at town planning way Anthony Lagos you will find gates there!

jowhyte:
Some couple of hours ago I saw an update on My Facebook news feed about an
observation that all gtbanks across the federations do not have gate unlike other
banks.

I almost begged to disagree, but after ruminating and brooding over all the 5
GTBANKS I know within my location here in my city where I live, I realized that
the FB poster is right going by my own observation with all the bank branches
I know in my location.

Here is the drill!

Is it also true that all GTBANKS in all the branches in your location do not have gate?

If yes or no, what could be responsible.

Lets hear from you
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by dipznano: 8:03am On Jul 15, 2017
I recall the one on bank road, Yola has gates!

However, it's a customer service tactic
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 15, 2017
From the name GT, gateless bank angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by persius555(m): 8:04am On Jul 15, 2017
It simply means "Everyone is welcome". No restrictions.
Na market strategy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by poseidon12: 8:05am On Jul 15, 2017
It's fine with me. The gates (and fences) usually make for ugly environment. They hide the beautiful architecture from view. And they don't really keep us any safer. I wish we can do away with all those ugly fences and gates in residential areas too.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by oshaosha2014(m): 8:05am On Jul 15, 2017
I want to believe it is a psychology thing. Armed robbers have not been given the opportunity to see anything that will stop them from breaking into Gtbank. and in all their professional robbery life they had to break in by force and destruction, but there's nothing like that at any Gtbank branch. therefore, to the professional robbers, and being highly intelligent, they would think there's something dangerous or sinister about a bank that seemingly doesn't care wether it is gonna get robbed. they will think twice and hard before breaking into a bank that they can't fathom any physical kind of security in place. them say awoof they run belle.

10 Likes

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Fastlinkpro: 8:07am On Jul 15, 2017
The reason is simple, it is hard for Arm robbers to visit such environment with transparency, because .Arm robber too will be scared because they can easily be caught or identified from the outside.that is my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by lakesidepapa(m): 8:07am On Jul 15, 2017
jowhyte:
observation that all gtbanks across the federations do not have gate unlike other
banks.

I know in my location.

Here is the drill!

Is it also true that all GTBANKS in all the branches in your location do not have gate?

Lets hear from you

Cc rexericx smiley
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by jiorhemen(m): 8:07am On Jul 15, 2017
jowhyte:
banks.

I know in my location.

Here is the drill!

Lets hear from you

I don't think it's all the GT Bank branches that are ungated. For example, the GT Bank at Wuse Market has gates and is usually closed. Maybe it just happened that you haven't seen the ones with gates. The other branches that do not have gates are branches that allow customers to drive into the compound and park their vehicles.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Glomoni: 8:07am On Jul 15, 2017
For the branch to be fenceless scares robbers the more, ... . However, the use the most wicked, sturborn, resistant security door(Bumil Alloy Electronic Metal Detector Doors) the walls are also stronger than Olumo and ASO rocks put together. So , dem no born robber well to dare. grin
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by poseidon12: 8:07am On Jul 15, 2017
jowhyte:

Exactly, but what could probably be the core reason and why is it
that it's only Nigeria GTBank that seems to be copying the these
foreign banks going gateless in all their branches?

It's for aesthetics I believe. The gates will make the environment look ugly.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Stormyharper(m): 8:08am On Jul 15, 2017
I never see bank in United kingdom with gate or gates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by chiefojiji(m): 8:08am On Jul 15, 2017
Dem no get money to buy gate....
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by dipznano: 8:09am On Jul 15, 2017
ladySuperb:
OP??
Are u my friends on fb??

grin grin

How are you tho'
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Emmaesty(f): 8:09am On Jul 15, 2017
jowhyte:
banks.

I know in my location.

Here is the drill!

Lets hear from you
Gtbank Ijebu Ode has a gate oh.

It's due to the amount of robberies there sha
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by engrpheleeks(m): 8:11am On Jul 15, 2017
grin Savage
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by talk2archy: 8:12am On Jul 15, 2017
Senior banks don't need gates.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Skyfornia(m): 8:13am On Jul 15, 2017
I think Access bank dont have gate too
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by jiorhemen(m): 8:14am On Jul 15, 2017
GabdelandAgro:
this is a great observation, I am waiting for an official response from Gtbank via their social media handle.

Sir, his observation is not accurate. It's true that lots of GT Bank branches don't have gates. But quite enough of them are gated. For example, the one at Wuse Market is gated and is usually closed
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by plainmirror(m): 8:14am On Jul 15, 2017
Neduzze5:
GTBank at Umuahia opposite FMC has gates and armed personnel as well.

Correct

I think it's because of the location (it is situated at a T-junction)
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by ndiko: 8:15am On Jul 15, 2017
GRA branch Port Harcourt, has see-through fence n gates....
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by topbollz(m): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2017
GTBank @ Yenagoa Along Sanni Abacha Exp has gate
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Exponental(m): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2017
If a thief can gain access to the building, going through the gate is the least to worry about......
Security is not at the gate, its the surrounding forces protecting your valuables.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by hegelian: 8:15am On Jul 15, 2017
GTB branch at unity in Ilorin Kwara state is with a fence and a gate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by rovher: 8:16am On Jul 15, 2017
I gues it's one of their trade marks, and besides banks with gates are been robbed...
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by jiorhemen(m): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2017
tonguengineer:

U can lie
Sir he isn't lying. Not all GT Bank branches are ungated. Quite a number of them are gated. Many here in Abuja are not gateless
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by pweetiedee(m): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2017
obiech:
Those in my area have sha

Maybe they rented dthose buildings and they r building the permanent one. cos all d GT banks I know don't av gate, in ondo, ekiti, Lagos and Ogun.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Opulentluv(m): 8:21am On Jul 15, 2017
You are too observant. In my area none has gate
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by jiorhemen(m): 8:23am On Jul 15, 2017
pweetiedee:

Maybe they rented dthose buildings and they r build the permanent one. cos all d GT banks I know don't av gate, in ondo, ekiti, Lagos and Ogun.
I knew when the branch at Wuse market was being built by GT Bank itself (not rented), and it's gated. Not only gated, but is usually closed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Become A Multimillionaire In Year 2018 / Business Ideas For A 5 Million Naira Capital / 5 Real Online Business Opportunities You Can Start With 5000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.