Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? (44660 Views)

Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches / What Is Going On In GTBank Branches Today? / Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:56am On Jul 15, 2017
opalu:
Gate is never for security but to chase away goats. I have never seen any house that gate helped them in security. Even the famous owerri zenith bank robbery had gates.
One rich man's house with very high fence and electric wires on the fence was robbed. Guess how they did it? They put mattress on the fence and passed over it to the compound. Use technology to keep your house safe not traditional brick and mortal method
Exact same way a colleague's house was robbed. They put mattress over the barbed wire
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by kolexy(m): 8:58am On Jul 15, 2017
odiereke:
U are a right. Hope that's is not too dangerous?

I believe it's for security reasons. Having a gate doesn't deter robbers, but it does help security agents have a clear and unrestricted view of the bank in case of robbery. My own view oo.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by jiangchu: 9:00am On Jul 15, 2017
jowhyte:
Some couple of hours ago I saw an update on My Facebook news feed about an
observation that all gtbanks across the federations do not have gate unlike other
banks.

I almost begged to disagree, but after[b] ruminating and brooding[/b] over all the 5
GTBANKS I know within my location here in my city where I live, I realized that
the FB poster is right going by my own observation with all the bank branches
I know in my location.

Here is the drill!

Is it also true that all GTBANKS in all the branches in your location do not have gate?

If yes or no, what could be responsible.

Lets hear from you

which of the animal are you cow or chicken grin grin grin grin

rumour has it that they have settled the men of the underworld.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by SalamRushdie: 9:06am On Jul 15, 2017
Many GT bank Oniru has gate and massive fence, GT Oregun also has gates.0
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by emmymdk: 9:07am On Jul 15, 2017
ta4ba3:
They can't even secure their buildings with the gate and they want me to believe they'll secure my hard earned funds

And the ones with gate don't get robbed?
Zenith Bank Owerri nko?
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by IRIEBOY(m): 9:08am On Jul 15, 2017
truth.. five have seen in kaduna and makurdi has no gate..
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Preye1599(m): 9:09am On Jul 15, 2017
Actually in bayelsa they had a gate...but they left that building and moved to a gateless one in 2016
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by BlackyOne: 9:10am On Jul 15, 2017
There are two GTB's in warri and the first has gate but the second doesnt but i feel their security system is design to keep people in when there is a criminal alert....so u can get in but nt out and there are also cameras all over the place too so the criminals will still be caught eventually.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Arccangel(f): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2017
Gtb bank is arguably the best bank in Nigeria. Just the best!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by kenny5811(m): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2017
jst walk into any GTBank branch, locate d customer care unit, sit down n ask dem why they dnt hv gates.... rmba u hv freedom of information(FOI)..........*
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by bigtt76(f): 9:16am On Jul 15, 2017
It is mostly Nigerian banks that must build gigantic structures to operate a bank branch from. In most countries, the banks are co-located with other businesses thereby saving them huge maintenance costs. Good thing that they are are now learning the bitter way and have started co-locating with other businesses.

GTbank branch close to Palms Lekki has gate though. Some don't probably to save building costs. I believe those that don't have are newer branch buildings.

Have you also noticed that their building designs are similar across board? Same cost reduction mechanism.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 15, 2017
topsyking:
Have ever seen barclays and lloyd banks with gate

commonsense grin grin
Reason?
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by dearbunny: 9:23am On Jul 15, 2017
GTBANK Ilupeju has gate
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Akinkanju67(m): 9:24am On Jul 15, 2017
Gtb ilupeju has gate
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Equiano: 9:24am On Jul 15, 2017
GTB Umuahia, opposite FMC is gated.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Nedfed(m): 9:29am On Jul 15, 2017
jowhyte:

Exactly, but what could probably be the core reason and why is it
that it's only Nigeria GTBank that seems to be copying the these
foreign banks going gateless in all their branches?

Why are you guys worried
Is it the gate you want or your money to be saved?
You are waking the robbers on dis notice if you guys dnt no.
Nigerians and I too knw habit.

Nedfed's mind

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Orpe7(m): 9:31am On Jul 15, 2017
Dem no wan make welder chop noni
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by breezy119: 9:31am On Jul 15, 2017
And how is that any of your business? Let me even ask you, how have gated banks prevented crime? Gate or no gate, if crime will occur, it will occur. Robbers who hit banks are not kitchen robbers, they go prepared to take down an armoured wall if need be, so leave GTB alone.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by walter315(m): 9:32am On Jul 15, 2017
jowhyte:
observation that all gtbanks across the federations do not have gate unlike other
banks.

I almost begged to disagree, but after ruminating and brooding over all the 5
I know in my location.

Here is the drill!

Is it also true that all GTBANKS in all the branches in your location do not have gate?

Lets hear from you

becos they do not keep money there... wink
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by MielBaker(m): 9:34am On Jul 15, 2017
Ideally, banks are not meant to have gates.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by STEVENcrack(m): 9:36am On Jul 15, 2017
the branch I once worked at has gate.. idumota branch.. anyways most of their market branch have gates
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by oxonek: 9:36am On Jul 15, 2017
And why has this (topic) become necessary for discussion? Having no gates makes the bank more beautiful. Opens its unique architecture up for appreciation.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Iamzik: 9:40am On Jul 15, 2017
ta4ba3:
They can't even secure their buildings with the gate and they want me to believe they'll secure my hard earned funds

Zenith is for you sir.
Their buildings are square boxes and they build their iron gates to high heavens.

I guess your money will be secure their.

On the flip side every GTbank building is a unique design and it will be a shame to hide the beauty with a gate. That's how modern business buildings are built.

GTbank has strong internal control in place. You hardly hear of robbery there unlike the gated Zenith... And others
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Rapture4real(m): 9:41am On Jul 15, 2017
They believe in their security.My best bank.anywhere anytime.The service wonderful. If any GT Bank ATM has no cash,then no bank will have cash.I was thrilled with their service in the West and confirmed it in South South too.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Rapture4real(m): 9:43am On Jul 15, 2017
jowhyte:

Yeah gtbank hardly get robbed one every other banks

You can make phone call inside their banking hall,they don't mind.Their security is high-tech compliant. The best bank in Nigeria
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by obscitas: 9:46am On Jul 15, 2017
ne
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by chukuigwecc: 9:47am On Jul 15, 2017
I think is because of the packing space
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by layi(m): 9:51am On Jul 15, 2017
The one adjacent The Palms Lekki has gate o
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by iluvdonjazzy: 9:56am On Jul 15, 2017
odiereke:
U are a right. Hope that's is not too dangerous?
its for security reasons, how many times ve u heard that they rob gt banks, cos d robbers ll b exposed, uba nd d rest ar now takin clue.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by doskie(m): 9:57am On Jul 15, 2017
jowhyte:
banks.

I almost begged to disagree, but after ruminating and brooding over all the 5
I know in my location.

Here is the drill!

Lets hear from you
the gtbank in ajah/ilaje has gate
the one near shoprite in phase 1has gate
Gtb in kaduna has gate.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Yaungdee(m): 9:57am On Jul 15, 2017
It simply means we are open to all whether rich or poor, old or young..... The bank with the largest customer base
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Ifeshyne(f): 10:00am On Jul 15, 2017
Dipocian:
Well GTB , Area 11 branch in abuja has gate
Even the one in Adetokunbo Ademola has a gate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen / How To Become A Multimillionaire In Year 2018 / University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.