Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? (44673 Views)

Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches / What Is Going On In GTBank Branches Today? / Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by primateayoola(m): 10:02am On Jul 15, 2017
Gentle2015:
The one in Sagamu has gate

Frontage fence with gate we meant, if yes pinshor pls
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 15, 2017
bcus Bill Gate isn't there customer
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Ijaya123: 10:12am On Jul 15, 2017
jowhyte:
Some couple of hours ago I saw an update on My Facebook news feed about an
observation that all gtbanks across the federations do not have gate unlike other
banks.

I almost begged to disagree, but after ruminating and brooding over all the 5
GTBANKS I know within my location here in my city where I live, I realized that
the FB poster is right going by my own observation with all the bank branches
I know in my location.

Here is the drill!

Is it also true that all GTBANKS in all the branches in your location do not have gate?

If yes or no, what could be responsible.

Lets hear from you

Aside that, no two of their branches look alike.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Afamed: 10:18am On Jul 15, 2017
jowhyte:

Exactly, but what could probably be the core reason and why is it
that it's only Nigeria GTBank that seems to be copying the these
foreign banks going gateless in all their branches?
The reason is simply, just its a one stop checked for Robbers who might what to rob without being noticed by the outsiders.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:19am On Jul 15, 2017
jowhyte:

Exactly, but what could probably be the core reason and why is it
that it's only Nigeria GTBank that seems to be copying the these
foreign banks going gateless in all their branches?

Why Should You Worry dt @gtbank doesnt have Gate. That why it is called *Guaranty*, *Trust* Bank. Not Prison Yard Bank...Like your own Bank�
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by oyienootieno: 10:21am On Jul 15, 2017
@Op if you are trying to gather information about their security so you will strike, God will expose you and your fellow.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by onyxo76(m): 10:28am On Jul 15, 2017
wetin you wan take their gates do?
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:31am On Jul 15, 2017
skypeme:
bcus Bill Gate isn't there customer

Savage

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by onyxo76(m): 10:31am On Jul 15, 2017
oshaosha2014:
I want to believe it is a psychology thing. Armed robbers have not been given the opportunity to see anything that will stop them from breaking into Gtbank. and in all their professional robbery life they had to break in by force and destruction, but there's nothing like that at any Gtbank branch. therefore, to the professional robbers, and being highly intelligent, they would think there's something dangerous or sinister about a bank that seemingly doesn't care wether it is gonna get robbed. they will think twice and hard before breaking into a bank that they can't fathom any physical kind of security in place. them say awoof they run belle.
this man deserves a medal...very good assumption
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by hush15: 10:34am On Jul 15, 2017
odiereke:
U are a right. Hope that's is not too dangerous?

Very simple reason is the open doors policies of the bank. The believe that there shouldn't be restriction to customers and the bank but that doesn't mean that they not safe. In fact it is proven to be a very safe bank. How many times have you heard GT Bank in a robbery case
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 15, 2017
I have never seen a gated GTB in Port Harcourt.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Deedeedee3: 10:34am On Jul 15, 2017
Chekitaut:
Is a security concept, "security is superstitious" - transporter, interrogating armed robbers at gate is dangerous, armed security are hardly seen but are present. Robbery alert from inside is better than from outside. Their unarmed security are train only to observed & not interrogate.
I love this
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by corpershun: 10:37am On Jul 15, 2017
oyienootieno:
@Op if you are trying to gather information about their security so you will strike, God will expose you and your fellow.
Chaiiii lol Nawa for you oh.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Deedeedee3: 10:37am On Jul 15, 2017
In Togo, Benin republic, Burkinfaso, Senegal, and i think Ghana( cant really remember), their banks dont normally have gates
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by vertueptime: 10:40am On Jul 15, 2017
ta4ba3:
They can't even secure their buildings with the gate and they want me to believe they'll secure my hard earned funds

U dnt get the strategy, they are sure of their security arrangement thats why, have u heard of any gtb been robbed? Its the only bank that allows you to use phone inside the banking hall.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by buyaka(m): 10:46am On Jul 15, 2017
Acess banks dont have gates too
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by dadicvila(m): 10:49am On Jul 15, 2017
topbollz:
GTBank @ Yenagoa Along Sanni Abacha Exp has gate
liar

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by kolaaderin: 10:52am On Jul 15, 2017
jowhyte:
observation that all gtbanks across the federations do not have gate unlike other
banks.

I know in my location.

Here is the drill!

Is it also true that all GTBANKS in all the branches in your location do not have gate?

Lets hear from you

Hope you are not strategically trying to rub GTB. watch your back for the whistle blower
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Abolaji84(m): 10:52am On Jul 15, 2017
UNITY BRANCH ILORIN HAS GATE.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by AleeDee(m): 10:56am On Jul 15, 2017
They ve In katsina along IBB way. Tho its absent in Jalingo nd Yola
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Josephamstrong1(m): 10:57am On Jul 15, 2017
How many international banks have gates?
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by harffie(m): 10:59am On Jul 15, 2017
opalu:
Gate is never for security but to chase away goats. I have never seen any house that gate helped them in security. Even the famous owerri zenith bank robbery had gates.
One rich man's house with very high fence and electric wires on the fence was robbed. Guess how they did it? They put mattress on the fence and passed over it to the compound. Use technology to keep your house safe not traditional brick and mortal method
Lol @traditional brick and mortar
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 15, 2017
ladySuperb:

Abi Head is paining u ni?

Go joo na now I just dey see you well from your birthday pic,just gather bwest but no kon get yansh or hips sef..worse still you get feelings for airforceone.no taste
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Alexis0147(m): 11:04am On Jul 15, 2017
it is because they all have CCTV
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by elantraceey(f): 11:04am On Jul 15, 2017
I just noticed now that the ones here don't have gates, well who gate help self? In my area where I live thieves have attacked almost all houses with fences and gate and they've not entered even one without gate.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by marksleek25: 11:09am On Jul 15, 2017
its a simple reason-no gates simply implies your security is guaranteed, you can trust us to look out for you whilst in the premises,bank with ease, bank freely. Its called "ghost" marketing.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by enomakos(m): 11:09am On Jul 15, 2017
jowhyte:
banks.

I know in my location.

Here is the drill!

Lets hear from you
are you planning a robbery?
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:15am On Jul 15, 2017
abeg ooo. gt bank for Jabi-Abuja get gate oooo
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by enomakos(m): 11:23am On Jul 15, 2017
Arccangel:
Gtb bank is arguably the best bank in Nigeria. Just the best!!
my number 1 too
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by Kendroid: 11:25am On Jul 15, 2017
the branch at Umuahia has a gate
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by tayorh(m): 11:31am On Jul 15, 2017
GT bank Apapa oshodi EXPRESS has gate, Gt BANK Lawanson has gate.
Re: Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? by kolexy(m): 11:32am On Jul 15, 2017
initiate:
go to the branch at town planning way Anthony Lagos you will find gates there!

I believe that gate is to ward off miscreants and not robbers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen / How To Become A Multimillionaire In Year 2018 / University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.