Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,039 members, 7,821,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced (4853 Views)

Poll: The Best Picture Award goes to.......

The Hurt Locker: 0% (0 votes)
Inglorious Basterds: 25% (3 votes)
District 9: 16% (2 votes)
Up: 0% (0 votes)
Up in the air: 0% (0 votes)
Precious: 16% (2 votes)
A serious man: 0% (0 votes)
The Blind Side: 8% (1 vote)
An Education: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Congolese Actress, Rachel Mwanza To Represent Africa At The Oscars 2013 / The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results / The Oscars 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by obinna5000(m): 9:57pm On Feb 08, 2010
@stillwater
"The Blind Side" is not bad at all. I almost became a Sandra Bullock fan because of the movie.
@vescucci
Take am easy with Igbo Mafia.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by latepa(m): 10:38pm On Feb 08, 2010
I dislike the Oscars, it's like Grammy,the only give award to any one they like.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by dsteriodz(m): 11:21am On Feb 10, 2010
What exactly is so fascinating in that film called Avatar, i prefer sherlock holmes. So plz can some1 tell me why avatar is rated so high, abi did i watch d fake edition at the silverbird's galleria?
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by mamagee3(f): 11:55pm On Feb 11, 2010
Monique definitely deserved that nomination
Her performance in Precious was terrific,
I even began to take the movie personal, lol.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by justkunmi(m): 9:40am On Feb 18, 2010
saw.'the.Hurt.Locker'.yesterday. . .
not.bad. . .
a.typical.movie.the.academy.would.like. . .
but.not.my.kinda.movie. .

anyone.remembered.'No.Country.for.Old.Men'?
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by obinna5000(m): 10:16am On Feb 18, 2010
I liked "No Country For Old Men" than "The Hurt Locker". Javier Bardem was nuts in that movie. Well, it was a typical movie the guys at the oscars will like sha.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by teeluv(m): 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
latepa:

I dislike the Oscars, it's like Grammy,the only give award to any one they like.

true talk,
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by spikedcylinder: 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2010
How can anyone forget No Country For Old Men?
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by JeSoul(f): 2:55pm On Feb 18, 2010
Watched Hurt Locker - I guess I kinda understand the oscar nom, but I rate that movie no higher than 70% - and that is generous.

Also saw Precious with the intention of thrashing why it got an oscar nomination but . . . that movie is disturbing. It disturbed me to the same degree "City of God" disturbed me. Monique 100% deserves to have been nominated, she was simply lipsrsealed she definitely elevated her game in Precious.

The Blind Side was an incredibly moving flick, all the more so because it is a true story. That I think gives it a leg up on the other movies.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by JeSoul(f): 2:56pm On Feb 18, 2010
spikedcylinder:

What is your ignorant behind doing in TV/Movies? If you live your life stuck up without any form of entertainment because Nigeria has problems and you love her so, please, by all means, go and hug a Nepa Pole.
Thank you.

ROTFLOL funniest thing I've read all year LOLĀ  grin Spiked! Lol
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by justkunmi(m): 9:08am On Mar 02, 2010
The.oscar.awards.is.5.days.away. .

Somehow.I.think.the.biggest.fight.is.between.Avatar.and.Hurt.Locker. .
Cos.of.Cameron.and.his.ex.wife. .
All.these.Academy.people.sef.like.drama. . They.were.once.married. . .So.what!?
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by obinna5000(m): 11:39am On Mar 02, 2010
"Avatar" vs. "The Hurt Locker"
"James Cameron" vs. "Kathryn Bigelow"
Kini Big Deal? undecided tongue
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by justkunmi(m): 7:22am On Mar 03, 2010
Let's.do.a.little.something. .
Tell.us.the.movies.you've.seen.out.of.the.10.fighting.for.best.picture. .?

For.me.I've.seen.
District9
Inglorious.Basterds
Up
Up.in.the.air
Hurt.Locker
Avatar. .(took.a.lot.of.strenght.to.write)

6.Out.of.10. And.from.the.six. .IB.or.D9.deserves.best.picture. .

Let's.see.yours
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by obinna5000(m): 8:13am On Mar 03, 2010
Out of the 10 best picture nominees, I have seen:
- Inglourious Basterds
- The Hurt Locker
- District 9
- Precious
- The Blind Side
- Up In The Air
- Up

8 out of 10. Either "Inglourious Basterds", "Avatar" or "The Hurt Locker" deserves the Best Picture Award.

Oscar News: "The Hurt Locker" producer barred from this year's Oscars for trying to persuade voters to pick his film for best picture.
http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/news/522-hurt-locker-producer-barred-from-oscars-ap
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by vescucci(m): 1:21pm On Mar 03, 2010
I've seen about five and I'm familiar with the stories of the rest. I'm not gonna say anything again till after sunday jare.

I almost forgot about District 9 o. I was rooting for IB where District 9 dey. I hope District 9 wins but I'm a little concerned about the fallout of that. It would seem the Academy were outrightly endorsing the defaming of Nigeria and the Nigerian spirit. And back home Dora Akunyili will probably scream so loudly that our TV sets will short circuit. I love my TV.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by obinna5000(m): 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2010
"An Education" trailer

[flash=560,340]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXJPX0XvsHs[/flash]
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by obinna5000(m): 2:20pm On Mar 03, 2010
"The Hurt Locker" trailer

[flash=560,340]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIoctqfxNYY[/flash]
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by justkunmi(m): 2:22pm On Mar 03, 2010
vesc.
dora.is.busy.lookin.for.mr.vegetable.president. .
she.doesnt.care.less.anymore. .

D9.all.the.way. . !
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by obinna5000(m): 2:28pm On Mar 03, 2010
"District 9" trailer

[flash=560,340]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BjWEn5yvmw[/flash]

"Avatar" trailer

[flash=560,340]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVdO-cx-McA[/flash]
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by vescucci(m): 2:33pm On Mar 03, 2010
Hehe. Her hands are full abi? Hope they remain so till the whole fracas abates or else you'd get spittle flying out of your Tv and into your face and your dinner.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by SisiKill1: 11:15pm On Mar 03, 2010
The producer of The Hurt Locker has been banned from attending the oscars. Apparently, he sent emails to the Academy of motion pictures arts and Sciences, telling 'em to vote for his movie and not some $500 mil movie (Avatar)

Producer of "The Hurt Locker" banned from Oscars

For the first time in its history, the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences has banned a nominee from attending the Oscars.

The group said Tuesday that Nicolas Chartier, a producer on best picture candidate "The Hurt Locker," will not be allowed into the Kodak Theatre for Sunday's ceremony. Chartier's tickets have been revoked, and he will not be granted entry as a guest of any other attendee, an academy spokeswoman told The Times.

The decision comes on the heels of Chartier sending an e-mail message to a group of colleagues that included academy members asking them to choose the Summit Entertainment-distributed "The Hurt Locker" for best picture and "not the $500-million film" -- a clear reference to "Avatar."

The message was deemed in violation of the academy's ban against creating a negative impression of a rival nominee.

Chartier subsequently apologized for his actions.

"Chartier had recently disseminated an e-mail to certain academy voters and other film industry figures in which he solicited votes for his own picture and disparaged one of the other contending films," the academy said in a statement. "The executive committee of the academy's Producers Branch, at a special session late Monday, ruled that the ethical lapse merited the revocation of Chartier's invitation to the awards."

Should the film win best picture, Chartier would be given his Oscar at a later date.

The academy stopped short of the more draconian penalty of disallowing the film from competing for Oscars. Still, the move was unprecedented. While studios have previously had their overall allotment of tickets reduced because of campaign violations, no individual nominee had previously been forbidden from attending.

Chartier was not immediately available for comment Tuesday.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-chartier3-2010mar03,0,2490588.story

I think they are over reacting jo, it's not like he was really bad mouthing Avatar but what do I care, as long as Inglorious Basterd wins I'm good.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by SisiKill1: 11:22pm On Mar 03, 2010
The Blind Side was just another melodramatic, Kumbaya, one love and peace on earth movie. . .one of those you'll see on Lifetime, certainly not worthy of all the fuss (IMO). Honestly, sometimes the Academy confuses me with the way they make their choices.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by obinna5000(m): 7:13am On Mar 04, 2010
@Sisi_Kill
I read the news on Yahoo's website yesterday. http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/news/522-hurt-locker-producer-barred-from-oscars-ap
If such a thing happens in Nigeria, he will even be seated at the front row on the event day.

"The Blind Side" was a surprise nomination to everyone.
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by spikedcylinder: 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2010
Sisi. angry
Re: The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced by SisiKill1: 8:47pm On Mar 04, 2010
Whaaaa. . . I didn't do it, no one saw me do it, you can't prove i did it. cheesy

It's not been a good week for the Hurt Locker. Like the banned issue is not bad enough, they are getting sued. Some guy is saying the story is based on his like. . .story still developing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Your Best Series Ever / Is Southeast The Real Birthplace Of Nollywood? / Can A Nigerian Break Into The American Movie Industry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.