Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Staying In Your Husband Family House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Staying In Your Husband Family House (3756 Views)

Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me / How To Communicate With My Yoruba Husband's Family / How To Handle Problems Over Relatives Staying In Your House ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Staying In Your Husband Family House by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 02, 2010
Guys what do you think about getting married to a guy that still lives with his folks, either in a different appartment f the same building or the same house
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by snowdrops(m): 11:27pm On Feb 02, 2010
Na condition make crayfish waist bend.
I am sure 9 out of 10 times, it is not the guys choice to spend his marital life in his family home.
However guys find themselves in this awkward situation for various reasons ranging from financial, extended family pressure to proximity of the family house to his career path.
Both couple need understanding and to support one another.
no condition is permanent. Many happy couples living independently now started off in the above situation.
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by Luvlgenius(m): 11:46pm On Feb 02, 2010
No be small thing o!!!

D couple should get jobs that are really engaging. D lesser d time dey spend at home d beta so as to avoid strife & friction with inlaws

1 Like

Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by Sissy3(f): 8:49am On Feb 03, 2010
since when sef did many men start leaving their parents house for their homes?
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by coolier(f): 8:52am On Feb 03, 2010
It's cool, so long as his parents realize we're a couple and let us be.
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by nwaka80(f): 1:00pm On Feb 03, 2010
Luvlgenius:

No be small thing o!!!

D couple should get jobs that are really engaging. D lesser d time dey spend at home d beta so as to avoid strife & friction with inlaws
No be small thing my dear, problems must always rear their ugly heads no matter how hard u might try to avoid them. It's not an easy thing lol!. I hope God won't place me in such a situation wen d time comes cos i have got no strenght for strifes.

1 Like

Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by Fhemmmy: 2:47pm On Feb 03, 2010
It is a no no no.
Being a man means being able to provide for his family
Get his wife comfort and that means rent his own place.
Why would a man that lives at home marry?
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by snowdrops(m): 3:39pm On Feb 03, 2010
Fhemmmy:

It is a no no no.
Being a man means being able to provide for his family
Get his wife comfort and that means rent his own place.
Why would a man that lives at home marry?
Interesting opinion. So a ban should be placed on men living at home marrying. Maybe if you remove your rose tinted glasses you would realize that not everyone was born with a silver spoon in their mouth.
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by Outstrip(f): 5:32pm On Feb 03, 2010
I for one will not do it but I guess it depends on who the in laws are and what their ideas about life are
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by idmoore(m): 9:53am On Feb 05, 2010
Am abt facing such rite now but i pray i shd secure a nice payin' job an get my own personal apartment, becos i am d only child and i av my privacy but my mother is always been particular anytime she talks dat "wht if i av bring in my wife wil i do dis/dat" anytime she mentions it i smile and never oppose her cos i dont want 2 start makin her thinkin dat we wont live together wit my wife as one big family, cos i love freedom.
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by Nwaka77: 11:06am On Feb 05, 2010
snowdrops:

Interesting opinion. So a ban should be placed on men living at home marrying. Maybe if you remove your rose tinted glasses you would realize that not everyone was born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

So you have to be born with a silver spoon to be a MAN? If you cannot provide and take care of a family of your own, then there is no need to get married just yet. No one said there should be a ban placed on "Mama's boys" from getting married but in this day and age when in advanced societies 20 something year old females have their own place (be it rented or purchased), you should not have grown a.s.s naija men with bia bia still living at home with mum and dad and making pathetic excuses. No shame!
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by opokonwa(m): 2:43pm On Feb 05, 2010
@poster
If you love him, yes.
But what kind of dumb question is that?
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by snowdrops(m): 3:11pm On Feb 05, 2010
Nwaka77:

So you have to be born with a silver spoon to be a MAN? If you cannot provide and take care of a family of your own, then there is no need to get married just yet. No one said there should be a ban placed on "Mama's boys" from getting married but in this day and age when in advanced societies 20 something year old females have their own place (be it rented or purchased), you should not have grown a.s.s naija men with bia bia still living at home with mum and dad and making pathetic excuses. No shame!
Your comments are pathetic and you ignorantly and/or delibrately miscontrued issues.
It shows you are too immatured to partake in such a brain storming discuss. You have no clue what you are on about. Read my previous posts, and i believe its enough response to your half-hearted one.
While staying in your family home and married is not ideal, it is not a contraindication and does not define happiness or success/failure in the union.
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by Fhemmmy: 3:14pm On Feb 05, 2010
snowdrops:

My brother.
As a man, if you cant provide shelter for your own wife and children, then, you are not a man, you are still a baby living with mama and dada and mama and dada will dictate to you when to make love to your wife and all that.
Could u even imagine how the woman will feel, how free would she be in that house, God forbid bad thing happen to you, do u imagine what would happen to her when you are no more?
A man living at home with mama and dada marrying is wrong, and i stand by it and will forever do.
Common, you dont have to be born with a silver spoon to be able to afford the basic things before you say "i do"
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by Fhemmmy: 3:15pm On Feb 05, 2010
snowdrops:

Your comments are pathetic and you ignorantly and/or delibrately miscontrued issues.
It shows you are too immatured to partake in such a brain storming discuss. You have no clue what you are on about. Read my previous posts, and i believe its enough response to your half-hearted one.
While staying in your family home and married is not ideal, it is not a contraindication and does not define happiness or success/failure in the union.

I am sure we all can share our view without insults . . . .
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by snowdrops(m): 3:19pm On Feb 05, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I am sure we all can share our view without insults . . . .
Well these are not abusive but direct and pointing out the obvious.
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by Fhemmmy: 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2010
snowdrops:

Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by snowdrops(m): 3:37pm On Feb 05, 2010
@ Fhemmmy

You appear to be on my case this afternoon. The last time i checked the dictionary and insult meant "To treat with gross insensitivity, insolence, or contemptuous rudeness".
My comments was borne out of a need to educate the writer who had attacked me. I had to defend my stance and my beliefs. I felt he/she was uninformed on such a sensitive issue. The intention was well meaning. It was not GROSSLY INSENSITIVE, INSOLENT, CONTEMPTOUS OR RUDE as you tried in vain to highlight. It may have appeared as patronizing on face value but when digested in the context of the discuss, it is a different story.
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by Fhemmmy: 4:16pm On Feb 05, 2010
snowdrops:

@ Fhemmmy

You appear to be on my case this afternoon. The last time i checked the dictionary and insult meant "To treat with gross insensitivity, insolence, or contemptuous rudeness".
My comments was borne out of a need to educate the writer who had attacked me. I had to defend my stance and my beliefs. I felt he/she was uninformed on such a sensitive issue. The intention was well meaning. It was not GROSSLY INSENSITIVE, INSOLENT, CONTEMPTOUS OR RUDE as you tried in vain to highlight. It may have appeared as patronizing on face value but when digested in the context of the discuss, it is a different story.

Oga Mi Sir, aint on your case, i just love when people are able to rub mind with fun and not with fist.
So now that we have disagreed to agree, let us keep the fun.
A man that has no apartment of his, should not marry.
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by DeepSoul(f): 4:29pm On Feb 05, 2010
A man who cannot provide shelter for his wife and children is not qualified for marriage.

U do not need to be born with a silver spoon in order to be a man!

If you're so "desperate" to get married, that should be enough motivation to make you work hard and get shelter.

Living in One Room (aka face-me-I-face-you) is better than living in your father's house
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Feb 05, 2010
Deep Soul:

A man who cannot provide shelter for his wife and children is not qualified for marriage.

If you're so "desperate" to get married, that should be enough motivation to make you work hard and get shelter.

Living in One Room (aka face-me-I-face-you) is better than living in your father's house

Full Gbam
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by jumie(f): 4:52pm On Feb 05, 2010
Only a lazy man/mummy's boy will want his nuclear family to live with his parents in their own house.

Shame on such men!!!! shocked
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by Fhemmmy: 5:56pm On Feb 05, 2010
jumie:

Only a lazy man/mummy's boy will want his nuclear family to live with his parents in their own house.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
have a little mercy oh.
But i agree with you.
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by yajebu: 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2010
The same apartment in the same house is still managable. The guy will however do good to part with something as rent(even if it is not at an economic rate) esp if the apartments in the house are not enough to go round all siblings. He should also be man enough to draw the line with his folks so as to protect his wife. That way, he will avoid some insults. It should also be a temporary arrangement.

In the same apartment is a NO NO. Who owns the pot of soup- mummy or wifey? Who determines what he eats-Mummy or wifey? What happens when wifey wants to sleep and mummy wants to clean the house? The complications of this arrangement is best avoided.
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by mamagee3(f): 12:24am On Feb 07, 2010
Why would any woman marry a man that doesn't even live in his own house?
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by snowdrops(m): 10:55am On Feb 07, 2010
jumie:

Statements like this makes you wonder if all mankind think with their brains
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 10, 2010
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by Amigoz(f): 5:06am On Feb 13, 2010
Its a [size=15pt]NO [/size]
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by oge4real(f): 8:06pm On Feb 13, 2010
Even the Bible said a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife.
Better to live in a single room apartment with your wife than in a mansion with her and ur parents.
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by mamagee3(f): 9:13pm On Feb 13, 2010
A man should be financially stable before getting married, he doesn't necessarily have to be the richest man in the planet but at least have enough to provide and fend for the family. A woman should also be mentally and be ready for the hard times, so I'll say if a man is still in his Family house, he should make sure he's able to pack into his own house before it turns into an insultive thing.
Re: Staying In Your Husband Family House by busybody20: 10:14pm On Feb 13, 2010
Deep Soul:

GBAM GBAM!!!! kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice About Breastpumps / Would You Choose Your Present Family In A Second Life? / Four Month Used Mouka 6X6 Bed With Frame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.