Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,071 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

American Football Is Better Than Soccer! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / American Football Is Better Than Soccer! (24809 Views)

Poll: Which sport is better?

American Football: 20% (17 votes)
Soccer: 79% (67 votes)
This poll has ended

Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent / Nigeria Is Ready For American Football / Nigerian in the American "Football" League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by swing: 11:38pm On Feb 28, 2007
null lipsrsealed
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:16am On Mar 01, 2007
Amnerican football, come on now , lets get real
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by Nobody: 2:45am On Mar 01, 2007
@trollremix

Don't bask in ignorance please, what kind of statement is this:

Soccer is more of an endurance and finesse sport, but there isn't a single world class sprinter in professional Soccer.

I'm not going to bother listing the names of world class sprinters in soccer but I do not understand how you can think a sport played by billions do not have world class sprinters, nothing but IGNORANCE!. . .

How do you know James is stronger than anyone in professional soccer. . .Some of these soccer guys are lean but STRONG as hell. You do not play for 90 minutes with tackles flying all over the place without being strong.

Here is a question for you:

If you like American Football so much, why don't you like rugby? They do the things NFL players do and the game is free flowing. They're allowed to pass, pop up and kick the ball into the goal and they do not wear helmets and protective gear only to come out pounding their chests.

ottom line. . .athletically, Soccer dudes don't remotely compare to the guys in the NFL. And if you think about it. . . .

How do you know this?. . .Did you measure the speed or jumping ability of any soccer player?. . .Real footballers do not care about those things because at the end of the day, it is a game of SKILL and TECHNIQUE which is why people appreciate it. I want to see skill, teamwork, cohesiveness, a free flowing game, FIT and not FAT individuals. To execute an overhead kick, the run and stop on the dime, to have exquisite body control, that is definitely athleticism. Look at the 2-time NBA MVP, Steve Nash, he will always tell you his sweet game is attributed to his soccer background.

If I want to see people hit each other, I'll watch boxing or rugby, atleast they do not stop the game after every 3 seconds. They also do not wear protective gear and start acting tough. Lest I forget, what kind of game requires 2 teams to play it?
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by adconline(m): 7:26am On Mar 01, 2007
Football is what you kick with your foot not hand. Handball is what you throw with your hand not foot.
Beckham cannot turn MLS around because Americans simply don't like soccer. Its a full 45 minute of play game with no commercials. Unlike NFL where there are interruptions for commercials. Corporate America will not buy ad spots. NFL games last for over 3hours even though each quarter is for 15 mins, commercials will stretch it to about 45minutes. NFL is purely for entertainment like Wrestling. Any obese guy can play in NFL, while it takes skills and flair to play soccer .Have U ever tried doing some chores with your legs instead of hands? Boy it’s impossible. So, what NFL guys do with their hands is what real football players do with their feet. Who is better?
Americans like high scoring games. A point in NFL is upped to 6 points with a point for field goal while a goal is a goal in soccer .It could also be done in soccer, but its not for entertainment like magic. Americans are very individualistic, so they don't like to share victory- they cannot play a game where there is no winner, as in soccer- (1-1) draw. Besides, America is opposite of British- does not want to be associated with British traditions: baseball as against cricket, American football as against rugby, Episcopal Church=Anglican, electric switch is upside down. Let’s remember they incorporate their military might in everything they do, they use draft, offense and defense in NFL. NFL is for muscular athletes with fewer skills. NFL is a game of speed and collision, while soccer is a game of contact and skills. SO many differences.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by Tornadoz(m): 9:16am On Mar 01, 2007
adconline wrote:
Beckham cannot turn MLS around because Americans simply don't like soccer. Its a full 45 minute of play game with no commercials. Unlike NFL where there are interruptions for commercials. Corporate America will not buy ad spots. NFL games last for over 3hours even though each quarter is for 15 mins, commercials will stretch it to about 45minutes. NFL is purely for entertainment like Wrestling.
NEED I SAY MORE?
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sexxxxy(f): 10:29am On Mar 01, 2007
Trollremix, did u just call me a computer junkie?, that's hilarious and eating my tv dinner,now that is so funny,i was actually at work when i sent that, , and don't u think thats rather sexist?, your rambling makes no sense to me i'll say it again ,u re an ignorant ass, ,stop forcing that American football down our throats,as nice a sport as it is,it can never be as passionate as football(aka soccer)(stupid word)*****rolls eyes*****
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sexxxxy(f): 10:33am On Mar 01, 2007
Quote Troll remix"Soccer is more of an endurance and finesse sport, but there isn't a single world class sprinter in professional Soccer".

Donzman:

@trollremix

I'm not going to bother listing the names of world class sprinters in soccer but I do not understand how you can think a sport played by billions do not have world class sprinters, nothing but IGNORANCE!. . .

How do you know James is stronger than anyone in professional soccer. . .Some of these soccer guys are lean but STRONG as hell. You do not play for 90 minutes with tackles flying all over the place without being strong.

If you like American Football so much, why don't you like rugby? They do the things NFL players do and the game is free flowing. They're allowed to pass, pop up and kick the ball into the goal and they do not wear helmets and protective gear only to come out pounding their chests.

How do you know this?. . .Did you measure the speed or jumping ability of any soccer player?. . .Real footballers do not care about those things because at the end of the day, it is a game of SKILL and TECHNIQUE which is why people appreciate it. I want to see skill, teamwork, cohesiveness, a free flowing game, FIT and not FAT individuals. To execute an overhead kick, the run and stop on the dime, to have exquisite body control, that is definitely athleticism. Look at the 2-time NBA MVP, Steve Nash, he will always tell you his sweet game is attributed to his soccer background.

If I want to see people hit each other, I'll watch boxing or rugby, atleast they do not stop the game after every 3 seconds. They also do not wear protective gear and start acting tough. Lest I forget, what kind of game requires 2 teams to play it?

My point exactly,did i not just say troll remix very ignorant,see how he's made a complete fool of himself with that  daft statement,
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by texazzpete(m): 11:07am On Mar 01, 2007
Hmm. so much confusion about the NFL. How do we decipher it?
I know! Let's ask Chris Rock!!

Chris Rock says "The White americans raised the biggest house slaves to do sport for them! That's why they call it the NFL. Stands for Nigga bleeping Large!"

Dunno if i agree with him or not, but we got these monstrous, steroid enhanced guys racing all over the field. These guys spend years huddling together and planning and very little time actually doing stuff! Soccer FTW!
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by Angelheart: 12:22pm On Mar 01, 2007
I prefer American football to soccer. Soccer is all about kcicking a ball around and nothing else.

I would like to liken it to rugby. Where men sove and push each other around. Boy, that gives me the kick.

However, Im still a gunner for life!
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by Vieira(m): 1:47pm On Mar 01, 2007
I would love to see this "LeBron" poof try and out run Theo Walcott!!

Coming here and making silly statements without any research.

"World Series" ha ha ha ha ha, how many countries take part again?

ha ha ha ha.

Nonsense and Ingredients.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 2:59pm On Mar 01, 2007
Donzman:

@trollremix

Did you see the ignorant post that LoverBwoy made on #95? Can you even count the # of ignorant posts that these Soccer homers have been made throughout the thread? Maybe I exaggerated a little, claiming they're no world class sprinters, but that was out of the ignorant garbage these Soccer homers were spewing.

Donzman:

Should I bring out the #'s again? None of these Soccer player are even remotely as strong as LeBron. Lets not make pathetic statements, now.

Donzman:

I already stated in this thread that I love Rugby in post #88.

OWNED

Donzman:

Don't bring up Steve Nash. He's not the most athletic & skilled player in the NBA, and he's certainly not the best player. Just look at how he plays defense, LOL. He just plays in a system that best fits his offensive style. If he played in the Princeton/Triangle offense like the Lakers, or the system that of a Jeff Van Gundy's, he would be an utter liability. Please, don't go the NBA route, b/c I will murder you.

As for skill & athleticism, It comes down to this. . . .

In America we have a lot of mainstream sports. . .Baseball, Football, Hockey, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, etc. . . 

And given all of these choices, soccer is ignored. It is a sport for the kids that can't make the elite sports team. I'm sorry if that bothers you.

I did a little research on speed guys.

Thierry Henry:  11.0 100-meter dash

Michael Own  10.8

David Odonkor 10.7

Johann Smith 10.5

Wynalda  4.4 in the 40-yards. . .

And from what I could find. . . .the NFL would easily sweep all the sprints in a track meet. Thierry Henry is fast, and I see that he's could be considered the fastest soccer player ever. But not fast enough to run with the NFL speed guys.

And of course. . .the NFL guys are bigger with that speed. Which makes them even more athletic.

I don't really have to talk about this anymore. It's clear that I'm right given the attention that Soccer gets here in America.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2007
Vieira:

I would love to see this "LeBron" poof try and out run Theo Walcott!!

Coming here and making silly statements without any research.

"World Series" ha ha ha ha ha, how many countries take part again?

ha ha ha ha.

Nonsense and Ingredients.

Why are you speaking out of your ass? LeBron runs a 4.4, That is blazing speed. LeBron is also bigger and stronger than this pathetic "Theo Walcott" you're comparing him to, and I don't even like LeBron that much. . .
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 3:08pm On Mar 01, 2007
texazzpete:

Hmm. so much confusion about the NFL. How do we decipher it?
I know! Let's ask Chris Rock!!

Chris Rock says "The White americans raised the biggest house slaves to do sport for them! That's why they call it the NFL. Stands for Nigga bleeping Large!"

Dunno if i agree with him or not, but we got these monstrous, steroid enhanced guys racing all over the field. These guys spend years huddling together and planning and very little time actually doing stuff! Soccer FTW!

Another ignorant post. Why do you guys love to speak out of your ass? These NFL players are highly strutinized and tested rigourosly for any performance-enhancing drugs each year. The only guy that tested positive last year was Shawne Merriman, and that was 4-months before the start of the season!!! These guys are tested year-round. You would do the world a big favor if you could stop speaking out of your ass.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by Eastcoast(f): 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2007
Most people don't realize that most NFL players are very tough, strong, versatile. Despite the weight of those pads etc, they are still able to maintain very fast speed.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 3:16pm On Mar 01, 2007
adconline:

Football is what you kick with your foot not hand. Handball is what you throw with your hand not foot.
Beckham cannot turn MLS around because Americans simply don't like soccer. Its a full 45 minute of play game with no commercials. Unlike NFL where there are interruptions for commercials. Corporate America will not buy ad spots. NFL games last for over 3hours even though each quarter is for 15 mins, commercials will stretch it to about 45minutes. NFL is purely for entertainment like Wrestling. Any obese guy can play in NFL, while it takes skills and flair to play soccer .Have U ever tried doing some chores with your legs instead of hands? Boy it’s impossible. So, what NFL guys do with their hands is what real football players do with their feet. Who is better?
Americans like high scoring games. A point in NFL is upped to 6 points with a point for field goal while a goal is a goal in soccer .It could also be done in soccer, but its not for entertainment like magic. Americans are very individualistic, so they don't like to share victory- they cannot play a game where there is no winner, as in soccer- (1-1) draw. Besides, America is opposite of British- does not want to be associated with British traditions: baseball as against cricket, American football as against rugby, Episcopal Church=Anglican, electric switch is upside down. Let’s remember they incorporate their military might in everything they do, they use draft, offense and defense in NFL. NFL is for muscular athletes with fewer skills. NFL is a game of speed and collision, while soccer is a game of contact and skills. SO many differences.

Soccer is boring. That's for sure.

Most of the countries of the world are smaller than the USA. Take Europe. Most countries are like states here and they're all close. This sets up a bigger rivalry between nations. We don't have that here. . . .Who would be our rival? Canada? Mexico?

And Soccer is the sport between nations. I don't think it would matter if they played tiddly winks. It's national pride. So it generates a lot of excitement.

Because America is so large and isolated the rivalries are between cities and states within our country. We don't get too excited about a soccer game with Mexico or a basketball game with Lithuania.

1 Like

Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2007
Eastcoast:

Most people don't realize that most NFL players are very tough, strong, versatile. Despite the weight of those pads etc, they are still able to maintain very fast speed.

CO-SIGN!! Thank you, baby.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by simmy(m): 4:19pm On Mar 01, 2007
speed isnt really an issue in soccer, no matter how fast u are u gotta hav skills. Soccer is spiritual and i dont expect a troll to understand it.
American football sucks,

soccer is not necessarily bw nations, leagues exist in almost all countries in the world including the u.s.a even tho i must admit american league soccer is boring. theres just something about the american spirit tht does not flow with soccer. Americans cant understand wtching a game for 90mins and recording a score of 2 or 3. Tht explains y most americans ive met are daft!
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2007
simmy:

speed isnt really an issue in soccer, no matter how fast u are u gotta hav skills.

I understand there is a large soccer skill set, I was being slightly facetious. But when you've got countries that seems to preach falling (Portugal,  C Ronaldo being some of the better examples) when games are decided by a single goal, its hard to really qualify that sport as the best in the world to me.

simmy:

Soccer is spiritual and i don't expect a troll to understand it.
American football sucks,

. . .spiritual to the sense that a countries citizens will go out and kill the goalie for their team b/c a team scored on him.

simmy:

soccer is not necessarily bw nations, leagues exist in almost all countries in the world including the u.s.a even tho i must admit american league soccer is boring. theres just something about the american spirit that does not flow with soccer. Americans can't understand wtching a game for 90mins and recording a score of 2 or 3. Tht explains y most americans ive met are daft!

Soccer is boring because the game is flawed.  There simply isn't enough correlation between execution and scoring.  

And don't tell me that I don't understand soccer vibe. . . .I've seen huge rivalry games in the world's biggest stadium (Rio de Janeiro).
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by debosky(m): 4:54pm On Mar 01, 2007
soccer is not boring, the over-arching desire of the americans for bigger scores/bigger everything made them modify rugby so they could score more

thats not true sport, thats just a way of entertaining some bored people with time on their hands. the AF stops too frequently, too many interruptions

there is enough correlation between execution and scoring - only the best counts, we dont need to make the goal post 3 miles wide so as to get more scores - that would be another sport.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by Vieira(m): 5:14pm On Mar 01, 2007
Football's passion starts with club vs club and city vs city.

Country rivals are the last in the line, hence your analysis is on a wrong basis.

Man U versus Arsenal will always generate more passion than England versus Brazil.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2007
sharetroll:

It's clear that I'm right given the attention that Soccer gets here in America.

Lol. No offence but America isnt the end-all to everything. Whether or not they like the sport here doesnt mean shit. it really doesnt. "oh well that's why it doesnt get much love in America", so what? Who gives a shit?

Who besides Americans give a damn about American football? Freaking curling has a better damn following.

The whole "well america hates it so it must suck" thing is very retarded. Please dont be retarded.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 5:28pm On Mar 01, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Lol. No offence but America isnt the end-all to everything. Whether or not they like the sport here doesnt mean shit. it really doesnt. "oh well that's why it doesnt get much love in America", so what? Who gives a shit?

Who besides Americans give a damn about American football? Freaking curling has a better damn following.

The whole "well america hates it so it must suck" thing is very retarded. Please don't be retarded.

Again, the tired, typical "ignorant Americans don't understand Soccer" idea is for people who are just too stupid to say anything else. I do know how big Soccer is in Europe and around the world. But what the hell is that supposed to have to do with my liking it or being able to "appreciate" the sport?

I've seen Soccer. I've seen other sports. When it was all said and done, Soccer was not one of my favorite. But leave it to some slowpoke like you to try and reduce it to some "ignorant American thing". Typical.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by Tornadoz(m): 5:32pm On Mar 01, 2007
sharetroll Wrote
I don't really have to talk about this anymore. It's clear that I'm right given the attention that Soccer gets here in America.
But you are not talking to Americans, you are talking to Nigerians in Diaspora. American football might be popular in the USA but it is not popular around the world. Don't you get it?
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 5:39pm On Mar 01, 2007
Tornadoz:

sharetroll Wrote But you are not talking to Americans, you are talking to Nigerians in Diaspora. American football might be popular in the USA but it is not popular around the world. Don't you get it?

Of course I get it. Why do you think I decided not to make/demand a poll for which is the better sport. B/c, considering this is an international site, the outcome would be obvious. Instead, Seun made the poll to make me look ridiculous.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2007
sharetroll, I asked you to stop being retarded and I see that you have decided to take that route anyway.

Where the hell did I say you have to be non-American to enjoy it? You freaking made it out that oh because America hates it then it sucks and I commented on that stating that them not liking it doesnt mean SHIT, now you are rambling some garbage that I didnt even say in the first place.

Quit being an idiot else I wont let you in Ibadan you ungrateful cad.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by LadyT(f): 5:49pm On Mar 01, 2007
TOH where have you been! kiss
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:54pm On Mar 01, 2007
lol been away, kiss

you have an email tongue
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

sharetroll, I asked you to stop being retarded and I see that you have decided to take that route anyway.

Where the hell did I say you have to be non-American to enjoy it? You freaking made it out that oh because America hates it then it sucks and I commented on that stating that them not liking it doesnt mean SHIT, now you are rambling some garbage that I didnt even say in the first place.

Quit being an idiot else I wont let you in Ibadan you ungrateful cad.

I'm expressing the idea of general Soccer homers/Football haters on this thread, and you just happen to be one of 'em. Fact of the matter is, most ignorant Soccer homers like you have the attention span of a 5-year old and can't sit still long enough to understand the game of Football.

If you haven't seen it at a high level or even been to game then, you wouldn't appreciate the game.

Who's more of a retard, dickheads like you who bash Football or well-rounded, objective individuals like myself who understand the game and how incredibly skilled the athletes are who play the game?
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by Christino(m): 6:09pm On Mar 01, 2007
OMG! Not again! shocked

The starter of this thread is obviously depreciating in value. angry

From Classical is better than RAP
it's American Football is Better than Soccer
The next thing will be Basketball is better than Hockey or Trains are better than Buses.

Fact is it'll get to the main page, ATTENTION SEEKER!!! grin

MLS is better than Premiership
- Gbeff!

Now we all know you are studying in america, you are VEEERY FAT (though you call it well-rounded) and you've been forging documents to call them grades (you say you have a 3.9 out of 4.0 yet you can't even use the wise part of your brain)

Now you resort to name-calling, attacking people who don't buy into your shares, i'm here for you all day. Look at the votes. . . you'll be sent to the gallows if by the break of dawn these figures don't change! Olodo!
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by mrmetoo(m): 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2007
its funny how the trolls keep using the words; strong, 285lbs, 300lbs, knocking out, and so on. I love America/Americans but u guys tend to celebrate violence too much. U r comparing American football to a sport that requires mad skill and endurance (Football fans are not so crazy about seeing eyeballs and limbs flying all over the pitch). I think you should rename the topic to: NFL TOUGHER THAN WWE.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2007
You should have added "bitch" some where in your reply to me sharetroll, then I would have started watching American football tonight.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 6:15pm On Mar 01, 2007
mr me too:

its funny how the trolls. . .

I'm the same troll, idiot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Players Lionel Messi Has Assisted / Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France / I Knew I’ll Score Against Chelsea, Says Ndidi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.