Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,140 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:02 AM

American Football Is Better Than Soccer! - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / American Football Is Better Than Soccer! (25078 Views)

Poll: Which sport is better?

American Football: 20% (17 votes)
Soccer: 79% (67 votes)
This poll has ended

Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent / Nigeria Is Ready For American Football / Nigerian in the American "Football" League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by LadyT(f): 6:16pm On Mar 01, 2007
You got mail TOH.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by Tornadoz(m): 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2007
@sharetroll Why the name calling.(dickhead, speaking from the ass etc). Most intellectually challenged people always resort to this.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2007
Christino:

OMG! Not again! shocked

The starter of this thread is obviously depreciating in value. angry

From Classical is better than RAP
it's American Football is Better than Soccer
The next thing will be Basketball is better than Hockey or Trains are better than Buses.

Fact is it'll get to the main page, ATTENTION SEEKER!!! grin

MLS is better than Premiership
- Gbeff!

Now we all know you are studying in america, you are VEEERY FAT (though you call it well-rounded) and you've been forging documents to call them grades (you say you have a 3.9 out of 4.0 yet you can't even use the wise part of your brain)

Now you resort to name-calling, attacking people who don't buy into your shares, i'm here for you all day. Look at the votes. . . you'll be sent to the gallows if by the break of dawn these figures don't change! Olodo!

Your bashing is overplayed & worn out which you and only find audiences w/ like-minded, dogmatic neanderthals.

Objectivity is a thing to be valued and you obviously have none.

Carry on.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2007
Tornadoz:

@sharetroll Why the name calling.(dickhead, speaking from the ass etc). Most intellectually challenged people always resort to this.

Since those are the types of people I dealing w/, I have no other choice, b/c of the blind, homeristic responses.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by Christino(m): 6:35pm On Mar 01, 2007
I stand by my word, it's murder if by tomorrow morning your so-called American Footie votes don't overtake that of soccer (World Football).

Then you can leave this thread peacefully and go open another Attention Seeking Thread. tongue

You have no problem it'll be on the main page before noon. Nincompoop!
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by mrmetoo(m): 6:37pm On Mar 01, 2007
sharetroll:

I'm the same troll, idiot.

i'm sorry for that but you don't have to get mad. So which of the trolls is the nice one? I think we need that one to come out. this twoll is bweing mean sad sad cry
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by tobbyjohn(m): 8:04pm On Mar 01, 2007
men who dares to compare the king of all sports to that thing they call american football i mean ! there is no basis for comparison a game like gymnastics is in the olympics & a. f/ball is not and u dare compare it to football? kai!pls stop this joke! tell me the history of that sport .u'lll see that it is not rich pls pls pls lets not waste time talking about mundane things
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 9:12pm On Mar 01, 2007
Christino:

I stand by my word, it's murder if by tomorrow morning your so-called American Footie votes don't overtake that of soccer (World Football).

Then you can leave this thread peacefully and go open another Attention Seeking Thread. tongue

You have no problem it'll be on the main page before noon. Nincompoop!

Is this all that you have left to hold onto? Something is eating at you from the inside out? . . . .If you suddenly croaked, we would all miss your intellectual posts.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 01, 2007
Soccer is boring because the game is flawed. There simply isn't enough correlation between execution and scoring.

Geez. . .Someone teach this guy some thing or two about soccer.

You forget that a 100m sprint and a 40m dash isn't the same thing in your numb-skulled analysis. 40m dash is more about ACCELERATION while 100m measures true speed. I'll like to see those fat bleeps in the NFL do a 100m dash!
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by IykeD1(m): 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2007
Its hard to live in the US and not get into American Football or Basketball for that matter.
Common, almost every item around is marketed by either NFL or NBA players. I am not a
sports buff but I always make it a point to watch the Super Bowl. If one takes the time to
understand a game or sport, it can be enjoyed.

American Football is definitely not for sissies. The sport like others in the US is TV driven.
So why I do enjoy and appreciate the sport and those who play in it, I still can not get
over the fact that the games have to be stopped endlessly simply for commercial breaks.
That's still absurd to me even after my 15 years of this experience.

Now Football (or soccer for those in America) is the world's game as been said before. If
you catch the wrong game/teams on the wrong nights, you will be tempted to turn off your
TV and sometimes I do. However, a good match with the right teams on the right day or
even a single magical piece of foot work with the ball can almost make you go insane with
pure blissful joy.

There is even no need to mention that the joy or sadness that one experiences is increased
exponentially as the competition assumes a more regional or continental outlook as in the
case of UEFA cup, the Americas Cup, Nations Cup, etc. And then of course, there is also the
mother of all cups - the FIFA World Cup. Its just pure madness as in good madness

Its not even proper to compare the two sports because one is mainly a national sport while
the other is a global sport. The overall emotional effect that football (soccer) has on countries
or on people during the world cup tournaments just can not be equaled by another game that
is played by just one country. Its just impossible!!! If the US was some small country with little
or no cultural influence on the world, we probably won't be debating this.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2007
Iyke-D:

However, a good match with the right teams on the right day or
even a single magical piece of foot work with the ball can almost make you go insane with
pure blissful joy.

Soccer? ? ?

A bunch of guys head-butting balls and scoring once every 2 hours (if they're lucky)?

WOW. . . .what an amazing game. . . . .
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 10:07pm On Mar 01, 2007
Iyke-D:

Its not even proper to compare the two sports because one is mainly a national sport while
the other is a global sport. The overall emotional effect that football (soccer) has on countries
or on people during the world cup tournaments just can not be equaled by another game that
is played by just one country. 

Yes, because even in the poorest 3rd world country in the world, you can go outside and have a soccer game by kicking something around in the dirt. For football, you actually need something called a spiraled football, a pigskin that throws well. . .marked surfaces. . .things that cost money
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by debosky(m): 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2007
or a game where the ball is kicked like 5% of the time yet its called 'foot' ball??

pussies who can't get hit and have to wear padding to protect themselves, give me the real football or rugby any day
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 10:17pm On Mar 01, 2007
debosky:

or a game where the ball is kicked like 5% of the time yet its called 'foot' ball??

pussies who can't get hit and have to wear padding to protect themselves, give me the real football or rugby any day

Most of you Soccer homers that do not play and criticize it either cannot play worth a lick, or are physically unable to do such. The rest will criticize what they haven't played or do not understand. That being said, I do not see Football being an international sport. . .at least no time soon.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by mukina2: 10:21pm On Mar 01, 2007
sharetroll:

Yes, because even in the poorest 3rd world country in the world, you can go outside and have a soccer game by kicking something around in the dirt. For football, you actually need something called a spiraled football, a pigskin that throws well. . .marked surfaces. . .things that cost money

Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by dayokanu(m): 10:40pm On Mar 01, 2007
Even Ludo is better than Chess grin grin
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by WesleyanA(f): 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2007
american football is for americans.

FOOTBALL is for the world cool cool

football is just a lot more sophisticated and recognized all over the globe. Even in France where filet mignon originates. American football, on the other hand, reminds me of cheeseburgers, fat dumb players, dirt e.t.c How dare you compare the two!!
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 10:59pm On Mar 01, 2007
WesleyanA:

football is just a lot more sophisticated and recognized all over the globe. Even in France where filet mignon originates. American football, on the other hand, reminds me of cheeseburgers, fat dumb players, dirt e.t.c How dare you compare the two!!

Is this all that you have left to hold onto? Self-esteem a little low lately? Need a tissue?
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by Christino(m): 11:07pm On Mar 01, 2007
What baffles me is how topics like this slowpoke's get to the home page for everyone to assess his stupidity. It's written all over his posts.

Sometimes I think he's a bot who's been programmed and hardwired on a ROM. Stupid people do not learn and i'm just expecting his next senseless thread.

Cheese is better than butter!
Goat head Isi Ewu, Nkwobi!

By the way the blockhead who shares toilet rolls (sharetroll) plays American football with his balls, and so finds it unique. He says soccer requires little creativity. Little wonder he belongs to people who do things with their mouth, sit in Row Z and clap for the goalkeeper who lets in the most goals.

It's a shame he's probably Nigerian. sad

Sharetroll, I gat only one message for you:

Your I.Q. is as low as your CGPA!
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by shsonline(m): 11:31pm On Mar 01, 2007
^^It sounds more like you have an issue more with americans or american culture than american football
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 11:35pm On Mar 01, 2007
Christino:

What baffles me is how topics like this slowpoke's get to the home page for everyone to assess his stupidity. It's written all over his posts.

. . .yet you have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation. Hypocrite.

Christino:

Sometimes I think he's a bot who's been programmed and hardwired on a ROM. Stupid people do not learn and i'm just expecting his next senseless thread.

You forgot to introduce yourself before your comment personally I think you should have gone with "ChiChi Chuku coming to you straight from a village town in [insert poorest village in southeast Nigeria here]"

Christino:

Cheese is better than butter! Goat head Isi Ewu, Nkwobi!

Tissue?

Christino:

By the way the blockhead who shares toilet rolls (sharetroll) plays American football with his balls, and so finds it unique. He says soccer requires little creativity. Little wonder he belongs to people who do things with their mouth, sit in Row Z and clap for the goalkeeper who lets in the most goals.

Do you get a lot of respect for posting on a Nairaland forum? If there's anything that screams "street cred", it's talking behind the screen on the internet. LOL

Loser.

Christino:

It's a shame he's probably Nigerian. sad

It's a shame they approved your green-card. . . .

Christino:

Sharetroll, I gat only one message for you:

Your I.Q. is as low as your CGPA!

Ahh, Is that right? You're probably just saying it for shock value but comments like that are just ignorant.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by shsonline(m): 11:35pm On Mar 01, 2007
^^It sounds more like you have an issue more with americans or american culture than american football
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 11:38pm On Mar 01, 2007
shsonline:

I do?
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by shsonline(m): 11:44pm On Mar 01, 2007
Actually, I meant the other guy who was saying american football is dumb and reminds him of fat americans and cheeseburgers.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by IykeD1(m): 11:51pm On Mar 01, 2007
sharetroll,

Please get over it. The WORLD don't give a damn about American football - it may mean the
world to you but it is an American game, played 99% of the time in America. Yes, very poor
kids play the real football on "dirt" - I wonder how you find that to be amusing and yet fail
to recognize that you just admitted why Football (soccer) is the world's game and the other
is a local sport and has little or no appeal outside its borders.

The NBA by a very large margin has more followers outside the US because basketball has
been successfully exported and is an accepted global sport. Accessibility usually leads to
acceptability. Any idea as to why Beckam, a footballer past his prime got offered a deal that
is unprecedented in the US professional sporting history? If you care to pull your head out
of the sands that may tell you something about the intent of the owners or promoters of the
MLS. For you, the NFL, ESPN, Fox Sports, Fantasy "Football" etc. means the world to you, for
the rest of the world, they mean nothing - [b]FIFA [/b]is what they know and care about. Hate to
break the news to you.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 11:52pm On Mar 01, 2007
shsonline:

Actually, I meant the other guy who was saying american football is dumb and reminds him of fat americans and cheeseburgers.

You don't have to talk to him at all.  He gets a pass.  He is too young to know any better.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by sharetroll(m): 11:55pm On Mar 01, 2007
Iyke-D:

sharetroll,

Please get over it. The WORLD don't give a damn about American football - it may mean the
world to you but it is an American game, played 99% of the time in America. Yes, very poor
kids play the real football on "dirt" - I wonder how you find that to be amusing and yet fail
to recognize that you just admitted why Football (soccer) is the world's game and the other
is a local sport and has little or no appeal outside its borders.

The NBA by a very large margin has more followers outside the US because basketball has
been successfully exported and is an accepted global sport. Accessibility usually leads to
acceptability. Any idea as to why Beckam, a footballer past his prime got offered a deal that
is unprecedented in the US professional sporting history? If you care to pull your head out
of the sands that may tell you something about the intent of the owners or promoters of the
MLS. For you, the NFL, ESPN, Fox Sports, Fantasy "Football" etc. means the world to you, for
the rest of the world, they mean nothing - [b]FIFA [/b]is what they know and care about. Hate to
break the news to you.

Read what I wrote in my very first post about Soccer homers caring about the NFL.

You can sign the ownage documents later.
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by WesleyanA(f): 11:58pm On Mar 01, 2007
sharetroll:

Is this all that you have left to hold onto? Self-esteem a little low lately? Need a tissue?

oh he doesn't remember.
remember your "classical music is better than rap music" thread?
classical music is sophisticated like filet mignon and rap is like a cheeseburger and dirty. therefore classical music is better.

soccer must be better than american football then. considering which is fatty, dirty and which is more sophisticated. what exactly is your point in creating this thread?

you've got a serious complex. no kidding
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by Christino(m): 11:59pm On Mar 01, 2007
Mr. Clifford Orji! it's almost 12;00am Nairaland time. If by 12:00am on the dot your sorry sport's half less than that of Soccer (we call it football and don't care what name you choose to call it) you get fired! grin
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by Christino(m): 12:04am On Mar 02, 2007
Game over for you Sharetroll, drop your weapons and go to jail, we can as well declare this thread over. Go create another dumb thread, hope your dumb ass threads never find their way up here ever again.

We'e learnt from you in your past few weeks of joining Nairaland that some people want others to accept their sorry ass views by fire by force and you ain't winning so far, you've been a loser. No wonder you sorry ass sport won't spread grin

Go stick your arse on the WC and read American Footy sports all night long. Keep sulking grin tongue

Loser.

Now tell me who won, i see them, they RUN!

FYI, Drogba has been crowned the prince of African Football. That's the kind of news "we" like to hear. We are not saddists like you shocked and get that tissue off your butts you shouldn't walk around with trolls in your arse, are those your thinking materials? your thinking is as strong as tissue papers, now i see.

Your I.Q. is now 1/3 of your CGPA
tongue
Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by IykeD1(m): 12:04am On Mar 02, 2007
May be you need to re-read/re-write this as I am not sure what you were implying in the end.
There are lots of rich kids all over the world that love football (soccer) to death still - its just a
beautiful game!

Re: American Football Is Better Than Soccer! by Christino(m): 12:06am On Mar 02, 2007
If the goat was talking about Basketball maybe it would make a good topic for the Home Page. Then we can now start to think of creativity, flair and addiction.

He simply missed road. he's obviously drunk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Russia to deport World Cup Migrants from Nigeria, other countries / William Troost Ekong Named Man Of The Match Against Tunisia / Why Do Footballers Marriage Last Than Other Celebrities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.