Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,312 members, 7,839,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (590512 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2017
Bifwoli:

This is what divides Nigeria very much .Endless of pictures of handpicked Yorubas being used to advance ethnic chauvinism.

Yorubas are where they are based on merits. Ibos want to get to where Yorubas are by ethnic manipulation, crying marginalization, and crocodile tears.

Yorubas are silent hard workers.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2017
shervydman:

shut up u Kenyan.............what do know about Nigeria and her policies?

You believe that one is Kenyan grin cheesy grin

Ibos are seasoned liars and haters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
deomelo:

Demola Aladekomo is the Founder CHAMS Group and a Non-Executive Director of Chams Plc. He started CHAMS in 1985 as the first indigenous computer maintenance company in Nigeria.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 10:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
TimJackJsm:

Sir,@GoldNaigara has promised to single handedly handle the feeding allowance monthly.
1)Feeding per month-9,000 naira

These are the others, I need help on.
They are all pertinently disturbing and inevitable Sir.

2)Accommodation 30,000naira
3)School Fees +Registrations
31,000+10,000:Total 41,000naira.
4)Medicals Textbooks,Laptop and materials.... (37,000,75,000 and 15,000 Naira respectively)
Total is 127,000naira.
5)Clothing.....
Total altogether apart from feeding expenses is 198,000naira.
Goldniagara
Metaphysical
Aljhharem
Laudate
OAUTemitayo
Obaaderemi
Olu317

Kindly help me out on these Sirs.

awwwwww

aljharem is still alive? undecided
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 10:52pm On Aug 25, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

You said Yorubas own/facilitated about 40 out of those 50 universities. Considering I counted 27 out of that 50 outside the SW, I doubt that info is accurate. That's not to say though that the number of private universities established in the SW aren't impressive. No need to exaggerate though.

This nigga was also crying on the Ibadan thread cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 10:55pm On Aug 25, 2017
deomelo:

KENOL NIGERIA LIMITED

Engr. Olu Ogunduyile (Chairman)
He is the Managing Director/Founder of Kenol Nigeria Limited
. The company (Kenol) is a leading Electrical and Mechanical contracting
firm in Nigerian Infrastructural industry. The company has executed a lot of projects for oil companies, Financial Institutions and
property Development outfits amongst others.
Mr. Kola Opadiran
He was a Project Manager for GEC Alsthom in Nigeria. He has vast knowledge of High voltage equipment. He is a Director at Salok
Engineering Services Limited, Nigeria.

FYI, he's also the founder
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomeelo: 10:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
kn23h:

FYI, he's also the founder

Even better.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 11:04pm On Aug 25, 2017
deomeelo:

Even better.

grin grin grin grin

I know it's Friday, but where are the rest of the crew? embarassed
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 11:15pm On Aug 25, 2017
kn23h:
@Laudate,

Have you started with the categorization?

If not, I believe this is a task we can split across the members here....by pages.

I'd like to execute it by this weekend.

totit deomelo, hilroy ODVanguard shocles0 etc.

Er, no.... I haven't done anything about the categorisation. undecided I just made the suggestion. I wanted everyone to debate it, and offer their own insights and solutions...
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 11:17pm On Aug 25, 2017
kn23h:

Let's keep it on this thread.

Laudate suggested that we create a categorized list of the company first. As we go along, we will find ourselves making more categories.
i.e companies that falls under health, retail, tech, etc. We may also need to create subcategories.

But first things first, let's brainstorm on category taxonomies.

Here goes my own:

Health
Retail
Tech
Auto
Oil & Gas
Education
Pharmaceutical
Home Improvement
E-commerce
Fintech
Fashion
Cosmetic
Hair care
SPA
Toys Production
Agriculture
Agri Tech
Architecture
Real estate

In addition, only companies owned/founded by Yorubas.

CEOs (not founder) Managing directors is for another day. smiley

Update
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 11:18pm On Aug 25, 2017
laudate:

Er, no.... I haven't done anything about the categorisation. undecided I just made the suggestion. I wanted everyone to debate it, and offer their own insights and solutions...

We can debate it tonight.

Let's debate it amongst regular posters.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 11:32pm On Aug 25, 2017
Obamaofusa:
Consolidated Media Associates and Alphavision Productions.

Let’s list them out for you.

ONTV (entertainment and lifestyle) – Terrestial (and presently the most watched TV channel in Lagos, according to Media Facts)

ONTV Max (entertainment and lifestyle) – DSTV

Spice TV (fashion) – DSTV

Soundcity (music) – DSTV

Trybes TV (movies) – GoTV

Televista (telenovelas) – GoTV

Then there is Urban96 Radio network (launched in July)

https://ynaija.com/hope-know-tajudeen-adepetu-biggest-media-owner-west-africa-today/

Biggest media owner in West Africa today

http://www.successprinciplesonline.com/business-success-stories/success-story-how-tajudeen-adepetu-turned-hobby-into-tv-program-production-empire/61.htm

Yoruba is a formidable force to be reckoned with.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 11:38pm On Aug 25, 2017
989900:

[s]Because they see the bigger picture, they see the benefits in diversity, population, and unity (Aye! We are unity beggers . . . there is strength and prosperity in unity than disunity . . . maybe y'all should try our lens).

What you call independence, is what the whole world refers to as learning to walk before you crawl (see Nigeria).

Try purging your local leaders and revamping your economy first before fighting a lost cause.

The southwest (Lagos inclusive), is uniting and charting a small hyper-strong united nation within a country with vision 2040 or something -- that is vision -- that is strategic planning -- that is strategic agitation -- that is INDEPENDENCE ![/s]

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomeelo: 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
kn23h:

I know it's Friday, but where are the rest of the crew? embarassed

Been a little busy all day myself.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
deedeedee1:

Bull-shyte

Awom omo Yoruba.....oro won ti su mi. Thanks for calling him out.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 11:41pm On Aug 25, 2017
deomeelo:

Been a little busy all day myself.

I figured. Nibo lo wa?
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 12:16am On Aug 26, 2017
hilroy:

Olatokunbo Amosu, Managing Director, HOGL Energy Limited, Honeywell Group

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5708463_hoglenergylimited_jpeg50741812819cafe5b7fb373712e5f06a

Company is also owned by Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 12:30am On Aug 26, 2017

Edward Ola Akinlade studied accounting at the South Bank University, in the United Kingdom, and became a fully qualified accountant through the London School of Accountancy, England. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) U.K, and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). Akinlade incorporated the Suru Group (“SGL”) in November 2008, as a private limited liability company. It started by trading in real estate, an activity which gave rise to the property arm of Suru Group Ltd. The group has invested massively in hospitality, real estate development, agriculture, and financial services. It plans to further invest in energy generation, mining, and manufacturing.

Suru Group has successfully developed and marketed luxury residential apartments, in the district of Ikeja GRA, an upper-class segment of Lagos metropolis. Their Chairman, Edward Akinlade pioneered the development of co-operative upscale developments, of luxury terraced housing units, in the local Nigerian market, which completely redesigned the Ikeja GRA Lagos skyline. He also possesses excellent advisory and project implementation skills. Suru Group is a subsidiary of Haldane McCall Plc, UK which is also owned by Akinlade.

In the hospitality sector, Suru Group has successfully built a few tastefully furnished three star hotels. These hotels have a strategic relationship with Best Western International, a foreign hotel brand, and they operate under its brand name in West Africa, trading as "Best Western Hotel’’. Each hotel is managed by African Sun, a South African company. Suru Group also owns different budget hotels in Lagos, operating under the Suru Express Brand, which serve as a prototype for West Africa. The Group is also the owner of 94 self serviced apartments in the city of London, which cater for the growing short-let accommodation needs of international visitors to the city of London.

Suru Group wants to develop further five three-star Hotels under the Best Western brand, 45 budget hotels under Suru Express Brand, and build 900 units of low cost residential estate, to support the federal government drive of affordable housing for all. It has acquired large expanse of land in Lagos state, the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria, to build the low cost housing units.

shocked shocked shocked shocked Woah
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 26, 2017
Fineman87:
The people who sold their future are still fooling themselves on this thread. Sham
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 1:47am On Aug 26, 2017
kn23h:

Let's keep it on this thread.

Laudate suggested that we create a categorized list of the company first. As we go along, we will find ourselves making more categories.
i.e companies that falls under health, retail, tech, etc. We may also need to create subcategories.

But first things first, let's brainstorm on category taxonomies.

Here goes my own:

Health
Retail
Tech
Auto
Oil & Gas
Education
Pharmaceutical
Home Improvement
E-commerce
Fintech
Fashion
Cosmetic
Hair care
SPA
Toys Production
Agriculture
Agri Tech
Radio
Office furnitures
Home Furnitures
Developer
Architecture
Gaming

In addition, only companies owned/founded by Yorubas.

CEOs (not founder) Managing directors is for another day. smiley

Update.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 2:03am On Aug 26, 2017
Chief Fola Alade, OFR, the Asiwaju of Aramoko-Ekiti, a foremost architect and technocrat par excellence is credited for the design of many important monuments in Nigeria, including the Tafawa Balewa Square, in Lagos. Other structures he designed include the Federal Secretariat, Ikoyi in Lagos, and many of the state secretariats, Navy Town and Satellite Town, as well as the National Theatre also located in Lagos. He is reputed to have shared a deep friendship with former President Olusegun Obasanjo, despite their difference of opinion on several issues.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-PXcFduVgl_w/UTorMkWdgdI/AAAAAAAAAL8/-FGOJqU9gEQ/s1600/TBS.jpg[/img]

[img]https://unravellingnigeria.files./2015/03/img_1886.jpg[/img]

Obasanjo wrote the foreword to Alade’s autobiography, titled: “Remember Whose Son Thou Art,” in which the former president said, “We had developed a long-standing relationship, which transcended officialdom to intimate friendship…For the avoidance of doubts, Fola Alade worked intimately with my predecessor, (late General Murtala Muhammed), and with me, in his often-changing duties as Chief Resident Architect, former Director of Public Building and, subsequently, as Federal Permanent Secretary, during our stint as Nigeria’s military leaders.” http://www.thepointng.com/fola-alade-reveals-old-secret-i-told-obj-to-honor-mko-he-flared-up/

"I did a bit on the Tafawa Balewa Square, by turning a strictly military parade ground to a shopping complex. In Yakubu Gowon's time, the place was strictly a parade ground, but when the government was shopping for a befitting place to receive the Queen of England, and where leading African musicians could perform during the FESTAC 77, we redesigned the place to be what it is today," he said, adding: "But looking at the place, today, it is a ghost place - totally abandoned and vandalised. Whenever I walk around the place or drive past there, I am almost in tears. It is a sheer neglect of a Remembrance Arcade. It doesn't speak well of a nation that is serious. It makes me feel unfulfilled because what does it take to keep a small opening for people to recreate and take a retrospective look at their country." ...."Normally, I worked up till about 8.00 p.m. after all my staff would have gone, I would try to design what we will do next day...." http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=6758

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 2:09am On Aug 26, 2017
Laudate, Can you create a proper profile for these folks?

Dele Fajemirokun

Source: Diversified

His father, Henry Fajemirokun, was a renowned shipping magnate and one of Africa’s most successful businessmen after Nigeria’s independence. Nigerian Maritime Services Limited, the shipping company he founded in 1962, is still one of the largest shipping companies in Nigeria today. Dele Fajemirokun, his 62 year-old son is now in charge. A prominent boardroom guru, Fajemirokun also owns key stakes and sits on the board of several Nigerian blue-chips including American International Insurance company and oil explorer First Hydrocarbon Nigeria Limited.

======================

Jide Omokore

Source: Steel, Oil, Dredging

Omokore is the chairman and founder of Energy Resources Group, one of Nigeria’s largest privately-held conglomerates. ERG has interests in oil trading and exploration, haulage services, steel, dredging engineering and property development. The group’s annual revenue exceeds $400 million.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 2:16am On Aug 26, 2017
kn23h:
Laudate, Can you create a proper profile for these folks?

Dele Fajemirokun

His father, Henry Fajemirokun, was a renowned shipping magnate and one of Africa’s most successful businessmen after Nigeria’s independence. Nigerian Maritime Services Limited, the shipping company he founded in 1962, is still one of the largest shipping companies in Nigeria today. Dele Fajemirokun, his 62 year-old son is now in charge. A prominent boardroom guru, Fajemirokun also owns key stakes and sits on the board of several Nigerian blue-chips including American International Insurance company and oil explorer First Hydrocarbon Nigeria Limited.

======================

Jide Omokore

Source: Steel, Oil, Dredging

Omokore is the chairman and founder of Energy Resources Group, one of Nigeria’s largest privately-held conglomerates. ERG has interests in oil trading and exploration, haulage services, steel, dredging engineering and property development. The group’s annual revenue exceeds $400 million.

Hi, Fajemirokun has been featured already on page 171. I think Jide Omokore too has been profiled, but I don't know exactly where it was done. Let me check & get back to you. undecided
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 2:20am On Aug 26, 2017
laudate:

Hi, Fajemirokun has been featured already on page 171. I think Jide Omokore too has been profiled, but I don't know exactly where it was done. Let me check & get back to you. undecided

Also on her

Teniola Adejuwon is the CEO and Executive Director of BEAUTY BY NATURE Inc.(Sept 2009 – present) tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 2:27am On Aug 26, 2017
Dele Fajemirokun

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 2:47am On Aug 26, 2017
GoldNiagara:
Igbo man will hire a Yoruba man cos he knows no one can do the job better than a Yoruba man, they don't hire Yoruba cos they like him but they know he can deliver.

Hire a Yoruba man? Do Yorubas trade? Please don't insult us.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 3:11am On Aug 26, 2017
Consultant Collaborative Partnership LLP is a multi-disciplinary firm of Architects and Engineering Consultants and Project Managers, in the building industry, situated in Victoria Island, Lagos. The firm was awarded the ISO 9001:2008 certification for consultancy services in the field of architecture, as well as civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering, by Bureau Veritas, an international organisation that promotes quality standards. The company was established in February 1990 by two architects - Tayo Babalakin and Olufemi Jacob Williams. Back then, it was known as Klif Consultants Limited. But as time went on, the architectural practice grew bigger and its scope of services increased, the name of the firm was changed to Consultant Collaborative Partnership LLP.

The firm offers not just architectural services, but also a wide range of electrical engineering services starting from Power Distribution System Design, to Power Quality Testing & Monitoring, Systems Commissioning and Lighting Design. It also offers design and supervision of
Plumbing (Water Supply System, Public Health, Rainwater Drainage and Suppression), Borehole and Water Treatment Systems, Sewage Treatment Systems, Swimming Pools, Fountains & Water Display Features, HVAC design, Fire Protection & Suppression Systems etc.

Its' team can also handle civil and structural engineering projects, from concept design stage to detailed engineering design (i.e. Concrete and Steel structures), construction supervision, evaluation of structural integrity of defective buildings, highway and drainage design.

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by iblawi(m): 3:21am On Aug 26, 2017
Adenuga is closing up the gap between himself and dangote.
http://dailypost.ng/2017/08/25/forbes-releases-2017-list-10-richest-nigerians/amp/

Adenuga - $10.5 billion

Dangote - $12.5 billion

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 3:35am On Aug 26, 2017
iblawi:
Adenuga is closing up the gap between himself and dangote.
http://dailypost.ng/2017/08/25/forbes-releases-2017-list-10-richest-nigerians/amp/

Adenuga - $10.5 billion

Dangote - $12.5 billion

Damn he bounced back!!!

With all the Government support and his new ventures, Dangote will def surpass that. Adenuga needs to start diversifying again.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 4:10am On Aug 26, 2017
Woahhhh

laudate:
Atunde Shamsideen Olayinka did not set out to be shoemaker, despite his love for shoes. But along the line he learnt the trade and fell in love with it. Today he owns a shoe making outfit that specialises in making not just dress shoes, but school sandals, dress shoes, industrial safety shoes for construction and oil & gas companies; and combat/jungle boots & service shoes for the military and paramilitary institutions. His company is known as Yiko Deen Footwear, and their slogan is "Keep Nigeria Walking."

His firm boasts of a capacity to make 1,000 pairs per day. The factory, which is located in the Surulere area of Lagos, makes footwear built to the best acceptable international standards.

Just this year alone, the company has manufactured and supplied over 6,000 of pairs of shoes and boots to the Nigeria Police Force, and donated over 2,000 pairs of children school shoes to kids in different parts of Lagos.

Yiko Deen Footwear designs were exhibited at the Micam shoe festival at Milan, in 2016 on the same platform as designs made by renowned brands like Gucci. By the time they returned, the firm had secured a deal to produce and deliver 1,000 pairs of safety boots, for oil companies in Serria Leone.
https://www./yiko-deen-footwear-putting-nigerian-shoes-industry-global-festus

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by juman(m): 4:16am On Aug 26, 2017
Yoruba has no great leaders in this generation.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hilroy: 4:47am On Aug 26, 2017
totit:

So, what happened to these listed yoruba oil companies, factories, real estate, the auto mobile companies, telecom, plastic industries, professional shoe makers, fashion designers, tect, IT among others grin

O you didn't see that ? , you jumped and past, bia this lie of yours no get part two grin
Well thank God it's no longer what yoruba produce as una tone don suddenly change to ; yoruba na gambling, lottery, bla bla business people.

Yeye dey smell undecided

Do you expect that blind bats to see the bolded? Even if you give him magnifying lenses, he will still not see anything. They are bunch of sore losers that will rather shift post than accept the fact that they are far inferior to Yorubas. By the time other tribes put up their industrial achivements and wealth, fowl yansh will completely open and the whole world shall know that the Igbos are nothing but obnoxious noisemakers that claim victimization in order to get other people's sympathy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (320) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.