Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Please I Want To Know The Relevance Of Virgin Mary In Christendom - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Want To Know The Relevance Of Virgin Mary In Christendom (4268 Views)

"What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Want To Know The Relevance Of Virgin Mary In Christendom by ichuka(m): 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2012
italo: Rev 12:5: She gave birth to a SON, a MALE CHILD (singular), who "will rule all the nations with an iron scepter".

Then read Rev 19:15 to see who rules with an "iron scepter", come back and tell us if it is your "overcomers".

I should start to charge you for grammar class o.

Are you now convinced that the woman is not Mary.before we discuss in detail about the Man-Child?
Re: Please I Want To Know The Relevance Of Virgin Mary In Christendom by italo: 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2012
Convinced that the woman who was pregnant with Jesus and gave birth to him is not Mary?

I am not crazy.
Re: Please I Want To Know The Relevance Of Virgin Mary In Christendom by ichuka(m): 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2012
italo: Convinced that the woman who was pregnant with Jesus and gave birth to him is not Mary?

I am not crazy.

If Jesus had ascended long before the book was written.how can the woman be Mary?
Re: Please I Want To Know The Relevance Of Virgin Mary In Christendom by italo: 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2012
i.chuka:

If Jesus had ascended long before the book was written.how can the woman be Mary?

The same book of Revelation says that "the lamb was slain since the beginning of the world"

How then, was he born many centuries later?
Re: Please I Want To Know The Relevance Of Virgin Mary In Christendom by ichuka(m): 12:05pm On Apr 24, 2012
italo: Rev 12:5: She gave birth to a SON, a MALE CHILD (singular), who "will rule all the nations with an iron scepter".

Then read Rev 19:15 to see who rules with an "iron scepter", come back and tell us if it is your "overcomers".

Have you ever seen a "Voice"?.
I turned around to see the "Voice" that was speaking to me...Rev1:12.
Or you think the Bible is your GNS 101 abi?
Re: Please I Want To Know The Relevance Of Virgin Mary In Christendom by italo: 9:20am On Apr 25, 2012
And let us find out who that voice is. Read further:

Rev 1: 17,18: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades."

Who is the first and the last? Who was it that died and is alive forever? Mr 'Jesus is not God'
Re: Please I Want To Know The Relevance Of Virgin Mary In Christendom by Johnchike(m): 9:51pm On Apr 28, 2012
Mary is the woman being referred to in REV12. She ran to the wilderness which probably could be in Egypt. She ran with Her Child from the Dragon who wanted to devour the Child, an example can be given from the gospel, remember Jesus' life was threatened when He was a baby. In Revelations 12, The Child was snatched and taken to heaven, we weren't told if it was immediately or after 33years, all we know is that the child was taken to the throne of God. In Acts7vs56, stephen full of the Holy Spirit, saw Jesus standing at the right hand side of God. Obviously, this Child is Jesus. If you think it's not Jesus, who else is worthy to be taken to God's mighty throne? who reigns at God's right hand? JESUS.... The dragon, also called serpent,the devil or satan was thrown down to earth.

In job 2vs2, satan confessed that he had been roaming round the earth, Acts 16vs20 tells us that God, our source of peace, will soon crush Satan. Devil(the dragon) realized that his time is very short and was filled with rage(rev12vs12), satan began to pursue the Woman who had given birth to the Boy(we know this boy is Jesus and His mother is Mary. The dragon tried to attack her with a flood of water that would carry her away(make her unknown), obviously he had tried to attack Mary but couldn't as she was aided the wings of an eagle(power) to make her safe from the dragon(devil) attack. Rev12vs17 reveals that the dragon was furious with the Mother of the child(Jesus) and went off to fight against the rest of her descendants, all those who obey God's commandments and are faithful to the truth revealed by Jesus.

Notice: (1)The dragon(satan) tried to wipe her identity off the earth through flood which can signify the heresies and hateful words being spoken against Mary the 'Mother of the Child of God'. Those who do these are trying to help satan in works against Mary.
(2) We are all descendants of Mary- all those who obey God's commandment and are faithful to the truth revealed by Jesus. Jesus confirmed and proved this when He showed an example by making his faithful disciple to be an adopted son(descendant) of Mary(john19vs27). revelation 12 proves this too.
(3) Mary was given wings of an eagle(power) and this power remained with Her. This power protects Her and her descendants from the hands of the dragon and his demonic angels. Hence Mary can be referred to as the scorge (terror) of demons. The devil couldn't and cannot defeat Her.
(4) The devil is out to fight Her and the rest of Her descendants. Decide now if you're with the devil or with 'Jesus and His Mother'.
Re: Please I Want To Know The Relevance Of Virgin Mary In Christendom by baggyman212(m): 12:22am On Aug 07, 2018
italo:

Be careful how you lie against the Holy Spirit just because you hate Catholics.

Rev 12: 5 says: She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.”[a] And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.

And you say the passage is talking about the true Church, not Mary. Is it the Church, then, that gave birth to Jesus Christ or is it Mary?

Secondly, how do you know I'm not born-again? And how are we sure you are born-again?

I dry feel you bro...
Re: Please I Want To Know The Relevance Of Virgin Mary In Christendom by doyinbaby(f): 6:19am On Aug 07, 2018
gst101:
some one is asking the relevance of mary in christianity. But the truth is that she is more important than you people give her credit.
Her importance is not just seen in her giving birth to jesus like joeagbaje ignorantly said; but can also be seen in the fact that she contributed so much to the scripture.
The account of the birth of jesus and the circumstances surrrounding it were recorded in two books only. Mattew and luke. The luke account was so different from mattews in the sense that; it provided more in sight and background.
When jesus was dying, he said to his apostle: ''This is your mother'' and from that moment the holy virgin remained with the apostles.
In writing his gospel, luke probably turned to the holy virgin, becos she was with them, for accounts as can be seen in the first four verses of chapter one: ''I am putting together an orderly account.....after hearing from those who saw and heard.....'' no wonder luke was able to give that much insight and background. So all of the divine revelations of great and profound truth and all of the better understanding and a deepened faith you get after reading the gospel of luke especially chapter one couldnt have been revealed without, not taking God from it, the holy virgin.
What i have explained has revealed the ignorance of joeagbaje et al.

I am suprised that joeagbaje is attacking other people from the angle of ignorance even when he should know better. Anytime an ignorant anti oyakhilome topic comes on, he is the first one to get passionate and defensive.
but is there any justification for Catholics bowing to graven images of Mary......2.the lords prayer...the disciples met Jesus teach us how pray....that was a perfect time for Jesus to teach people to pray to Mary but he didn't ...he said how father who art in heaven.....no single example of prayer to Mary in the Bible......that account of wedding in Cana cannot be a justification to pray to Mary.......
Re: Please I Want To Know The Relevance Of Virgin Mary In Christendom by doyinbaby(f): 7:32am On Aug 07, 2018
That prayer "hail holy queen" is a sin before God...it is wrong for a Child of God by faith in Christ Jesus to pray that pray.....that prayer will mislead people.........

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? / " / Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.