Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,101 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative (19105 Views)

This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / FIRS: Garba Shehu Reveals Why Fowler Was Not Reappointed / Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by NaijaEfcc: 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
Immediate past Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has been reappointed the Chairman of Gavi, a global health initiative of billionaire, Bill & Melinda Gates, set up with the aim of saving children’s lives and protecting people’s health by increasing equitable use of vaccines in third worlds and developing countries. She was reappointed for another 3-year term.

Announcing her re-appointment, the organization in a statement posted on its website, said Okonjo-Iweala’s leadership qualities has helped further its engagements in developing countries. The statement in part reads
“Since her appointment in 2016, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s leadership has enabled the Alliance to further its engagement with developing countries and for partners to scale-up and finance immunisation programmes, while fostering public-private initiatives to improve access to healthcare for those most in need. Dr Okonjo-Iweala has also been an instrumental advocate for the positive economic benefits of vaccination.

The direction she has provided to the Gavi Board has been critical in the implementation of the Gavi 2016-2020 strategy, which aims to support the vaccination of a further 300 million children against life-threatening diseases, preventing 5 to 6 million deaths”.

Reacting to her re-appointment, the former Minister said

“I am greatly honoured by the confidence the Gavi Alliance Board has placed in me and as Chair of the Board I am excited to be given the opportunity to continue to dedicate my work to that greatest purpose of protecting the lives of millions of the poorest children in the world with life-saving vaccines. Universal access to immunisation will play a fundamental role in bringing about healthy, resilient populations and in ensuring that we develop stronger economies as we face the challenges of the next century.”

https://www.informationng.com/2017/07/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-reappointed-chairman-bill-gates-health-initiative.html

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by NaijaEfcc: 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
Some people will not sleep tonight, I mean zombies!!! God punish zombies angry

210 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by Nne5: 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2017
Very nice.
Congrats NOI

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by raker300: 3:33pm On Jul 13, 2017
Sarki right now

198 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by NaijaEfcc: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2017
Lalasticlala and mynd44 where you at?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by davidodiba(m): 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2017
Congratulations MA.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by TINALETC3(f): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
Wow, more money to ur akant ma'm, congratulobia cool

6 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
Wow
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by dumie(f): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
Congrats ma

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by hucienda: 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
Congratulations ma'am

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by massinola(m): 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
Please rapid response teams should as a matter of urgency close down all the roads leading to lagoons and bridges. We don't want to hear cases of suicide as some people won't sleep well today because of this news

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by NwaAmaikpe: 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
shocked

That is Biafra's first female President

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by medolab90(m): 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
Making Nigeria proud

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by nkwuocha: 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2017
Jorrrr oo.
Still better than the present minister of finance angry.Too much grammar, no substance.

smiley

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by dunkem21(m): 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2017
wink

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by joe4real12: 4:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
Zombies don die today grin

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
Nice.. She's a typical B Student. At least, she's comfortable than most people.

Check out www.entmirror.com.. You won't like to leave after visiting..
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by nkwuocha: 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
cheesy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by holatin(m): 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
wao this is nice promotion.

God no forget me too.

abeg where can I see bus going to USA from Lagos. need it urgently.

Tanx in anticipation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by elampiro(m): 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
Working with evil one world people

This woman surely belong

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by bbbabes(f): 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
That's just the kind of woman I dream to become

17 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by celestialAgent(m): 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
Quite useless to the populace.

What is the essence of a woman who is rich in billions and the people in her nation or community hardly benefit from her wealth?

Bill gate is well respected today not only because of Microsoft but also for his philanthropic nature - sacrificing money to help make vaccines circulate beyond his vicinity.

If someone works with a person like Billgate without emulating that philanthropic nature, then the person is not worth being reckoned with.

===•••===••••======•••==

To all the dumbass quoting me saying do I expect her to give me money cos she is rich, y'll obviously have your heads filled with Nada.

I suggest you go check your dictionary for the meaning of philanthropist.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by safiaapussy: 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2017
Igbos are great

^not, give my afonja head likes grin grin grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by cinoedhunter: 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2017
Correct
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by Edu3Again: 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2017
Biafrians excel, the South West excel.
The problem is the North.

Let's cut the North free please.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by Cutezt(m): 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2017

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by Thisis2raw(m): 4:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
Watch how some people will be pained about this...

Pele by advance

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by lilytender: 4:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
No matter how far FALSEHOOD travels, TRUTH will catch up with it one day and throw it into jail. I am watching for the day the truth will catch up with the old puff-puff cheeked ex-world bank house-girl that supervised the looting and sharing of our common wealth and thus plunged the nation into recession.

Children of hate and anger from the potopoto republic of drugs, robbery and kidnapping can come for me, I am in my house watching closely.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by dfrost: 4:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
Kudos to NOI!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reappointed Chairman Of Bill Gates Health Initiative by YorubaNigga(m): 4:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
This woman must be highly possessed with money spiritually.

Everything about her is money money money

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Rally: PDP Asks Permission To Use Adokiye Stadium / I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo / Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.