Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Is There Something Wrong With Me? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Something Wrong With Me? (3028 Views)

Is This Abnormal? Is Something Wrong With Me? Pls I Need Your Advise. / ADVICE Plssssss, Is Something Wrong WITH Me.. ? / Is Something Wrong With Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by ruskiee(m): 6:05pm On Feb 03, 2010
I say you will get over it, and no there is nothing wrong with you. Sometimes going down memory lane would do that to you.

Just don't do anything dumb since your husband travels a lot.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Busybody2(f): 6:31pm On Feb 03, 2010
Exactly Uju, why make a mountain outta a molehill, why fix something that ain't broke?

Zimex
From your post, it is clear your ex was "the one that got away", if the strong reason you had to part way is still a "barrier", implore with your ex to quit contacting you out of respect, that you have moved on now and then delete his number from your phone, if the "barrier" is still there, thats a good thing, as that should act as a constant reminder that having anything to do with him is a no-no.

THE ONLY PROBLEM YOUR POST HAS HIGHLIGHTED SO FAR IS THAT YOUR husband works away from home and you only get to see him at the weekend, so their is no need telling him about your ex, because he will only translate it to "my wife is giving me an ultimatum that she will stray if i don't find another job that will not keep me away from home". Not a nice thing to offload on him.

So why not take the initiative instead and find ways to meet in the middle, tell him your concerns, that you are feeling isolated and neglected, that you need to keep the union fresh and alive, find time to visit each other, have some brainstorming session with him to find ways to work on the issue, discuss the possibilities of relocating to where he is based, make the most of skype, etc . . .

If you both can't create the spare time needed to see each other as much as you would like, try to endure and find some hobbies to indulge in to wile away your time, because i am sure this situation of working away from home is temporary.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by agabaI23(m): 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2010
Busy_body:

Exactly Uju, why make a mountain outta a molehill, why fix something that ain't broke?

Zimex
From your post, it is clear your ex was "the one that got away", if the strong reason you had to part way is still a "barrier", implore with your ex to quit contacting you out of respect, that you have moved on now and then delete his number from your phone, if the "barrier" is still there, thats a good thing, as that should act as a constant reminder that having anything to do with him is a no-no.

THE ONLY PROBLEM YOUR POST HAS HIGHLIGHTED SO FAR IS THAT YOUR husband works away from home and you only get to see him at the weekend, so their is no need telling him about your ex, because he will only translate it to "my wife is giving me an ultimatum that she will stray if i don't find another job that will not keep me away from home". Not a nice thing to offload on him.

So why not take the initiative instead and find ways to meet in the middle, tell him your concerns, that you are feeling isolated and neglected, that you need to keep the union fresh and alive, find time to visit each other, have some brainstorming session with him to find ways to work on the issue, discuss the possibilities of relocating to where he is based, make the most of skype, etc . . .

If you both can't create the spare time needed to see each other as much as you would like, try to endure and find some hobbies to indulge in to wile away your time, because i am sure this situation of working away from home is temporary. 
Wow ! When she is not causing trouble, she can be very brilliant! Mischief woman! angry On a normal day, she will be yarning out of rail!
Good one. This is 2010 afterall!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Busybody2(f): 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2010
^^^
Don't count your chickens before they hatch, Its only a matter of time till the full moon shows up, and word on the horizon is that it is round the corner, lol.

Agabaibu the bone of my bone, my dearest lover, i saw the "thread you opened in Nairaland section extoling the virtues of Naija women" you do well, i no blame una wit ur nkita looking head, i blame the cold from the minus 20 degree weather for freezing your brain into hibernation, lol.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2010
Ujujoan:

^^^ She's not being dishonest if you ask me! Somethings are just not worth saying. She'll end up making a mountain out of a molehill! She really dosent need that in aher life. I say it's a phase, that will most definitely pass within a short time. I think shd just let it go. If he starts stalking and calling and all that, she can then tell him!

its about not telling your hubby about whats troubling you. if it wasnt such a big deal then she wouldnt have made this thread.
everything is worth saying to your spouse. . . . .  E V E R Y T H I N G. if people are not ready to live in transparency in their union then they shouldnt get married at the first place. is it not what you guys say on the altar: "FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE" right? not "for better but keep the worst hidden away as long as you can"

you women are hypocrites if you think that this is not something that the man you sleep with every night should know about. if i was the posters hubby, i would definitely want to know about this issue!
yes it may end up making you look suspicious(depending on what kind of caveman you are married to) but in the real world, your spouse wouldnt make a big deal about it but rather help you deal with it and give you his input telling you how he feels about this "problem" that concerns him as well.
your problems are his problems, your worries are his worries etc
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Busybody2(f): 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2010
^^^To those saying she should tell her husband, If this was not an issue Zimex felt could get out of hand, she should have found a way to tackle it rather bring it on NL.The fact that she did indicates she is not strong enough to withstand temptation, heck this ex hasn't even said anything, and she is already in such emotional quandry. Ya think the husband would not suss this out and start to feel inadequate?

So what does she stand to gain other than crushing hubby's spirit by saying " honey i feel you working away is depriving us of spending quality time together and my ex got in touch and i fear i'm about to stray"
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by madlady(f): 7:34pm On Feb 03, 2010
Busy_body:

^^^To those saying she should tell her husband, If this was not an issue Zimex felt could get out of hand, she should have found a way to tackle it rather bring it on NL.The fact that she did indicates she is not strong enough to withstand temptation, heck this ex hasn't even said anything, and she is already in such emotional quandry. Ya think the husband would not suss this out and start to feel inadequate?

So what does she stand to gain other than crushing hubby's spirit by saying " honey i feel you working away is depriving us of spending quality time together and my ex got in touch and i fear i'm about to stray"

Total agree!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Busybody2(f): 7:39pm On Feb 03, 2010
M.lady, sup, hope u've remembered to wrap up warm for the cold snap that is on its the way today, lol.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by follypimpi(m): 7:41pm On Feb 03, 2010
Busy_body

O ri e O fa ka Sibe.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by madlady(f): 7:44pm On Feb 03, 2010
Busy_body:

M.lady, sup, hope u've remembered to wrap up warm for the cold snap that is on its the way today, lol.

kiss kiss kiss Still in the office, hope it will not be that cold when I leave. kiss kiss
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Busybody2(f): 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2010
Folly, the temperature is nudging minus 5 and you dare step to me like this, you are sleeping in the garage tonight, not the one attached to your mansion oh, but that cold one without electricity or plumbing at the end of our 250ft drive, that will teach you to respect me your wife next time, lol.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 03, 2010
Busy_body:

well she stand to gain help/guidance/advice from the right source. . . . . . . . her partner!
why would you think that the hubby's spirit would be crushed if the wife told him that she "felt" awkward?!
we are talking real men here not insecure losers. . . . . . . .

my spirit would be uplifted if i knew that my wife would come to me for guidance/advice in such dilemma.
its not about working against each other but working together. what better way to do that than by telling your spouse about such matters?

having a "seemingly" great union is easy to do when everything is nice and sweet, the difficult part in marriage is the ability to turn to your spouse, work together and help each other when there is trouble.

any fool out there would know that people are only human, if wifey has feelings for another guy but come and talk to hubby about it then thats a step in the right direction.

its about being honest in your union. i am still wondering why it is such a big deal for people to understand that.
honesty/respect are very important and fundamental in marriages. . . . . . . not half/part of it but the whole thing.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by justwise(m): 9:53pm On Feb 03, 2010
@babake2000

Are u stupi.d? Why are pasting this scam all over NL?
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Busybody2(f): 10:49pm On Feb 03, 2010
MrBrownjay

Your "couples should always wear their hearts on their sleeves" stance is ideal only in situation where you have managed to establish in the course of the relationship that no matter the storms or trials or tribulation or temptation you both are facing, you would always turn to each other for solace and refuge.

But in this instance, the OP and her hubby don't have this pre-arranged thingy in place. Its one thing to open an "I am falling for my ex" thread, its another to open an "i am falling for my ex because my husband is hardly ever at home" thread.

Not only is her old feelings for her ex star starting to rise again, but she is now contemplating and deliberating on it BECAUSE she feels her hubby has neglected her and rather than her man to start looking for a solution as you have implied, its gonna set him thinking and wondering why she kept quiet so long about how much his absence from home was bothering her and rather than trying to approach issues from a rational angle, get into a panic and have no choice than to hastily start looking for work closer to home or sent somewhere closer to work for the wife, incurring extra expenses.

Hence reason i suggested the wife take the other approach and endure, since i'm sure his working away from home temporarily is to help the dreams they are both harbouring and nurturing and wish to fulfil.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by follypimpi(m): 11:06pm On Feb 03, 2010
@BusyBody

Open the door is me knocking,is freezing out here.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 03, 2010
Be specific. Which door?
So much ashy and ewos on NL sha
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by agabaI23(m): 11:16pm On Feb 03, 2010
FL Gators:

Be specific. Which door?

That makes the world go round otherwise some people will die of konji!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by follypimpi(m): 11:25pm On Feb 03, 2010
FL Gators:

Be specific. Which door?

U dey vex i no knock on your Door,Jealousy.To think we be ekiti,chei.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 03, 2010
follypimpi:

U dey vex i no knock on your Door,Jealousy.To think we be ekiti,chei.

Is sth wrong in having me as a sister? cry

Agaba
I trust you. . . . grin grin grin Your own word abi?
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by follypimpi(m): 11:30pm On Feb 03, 2010
FL Gators:

Is sth wrong in having me as a sister? cry

Agaba
I trust you. . . . grin grin grin Your own word abi?

It is oo, u no throw any chikala come my way,i go disown u soon.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 03, 2010
follypimpi:

It is oo, u no throw any chikala come my way,i go disown u soon.

I'll do so if you beat down ElRazur for me. . . . no shaking
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Busybody2(f): 11:48pm On Feb 03, 2010
FOLLY

I have changed me mind, no more garage for you, go knock on the dog's house door, i have trained them rottweillers wella on how to open/close doors, so they will let you in dearie.

@ no one in particular

All Ekiti's girls and dem wonky frame and stature go soon develop high BP over us picture perfect flawless Osun gyals.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 12:05am On Feb 04, 2010
Busy_body:

I see that
@ no one in particular

All Ekiti's girls and dem wonky frame and stature go soon develop high BP over us picture perfect flawless Osun gyals.

We like it like that. Na only your state go give birth to scammers like TheSeeker.  grin tongue

Jealousy jealousy, se nitoripe awa Ekiti l'ewa tongue tongue
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Busybody2(f): 1:17am On Feb 04, 2010
HEY watch ya mouth, theseeker is half igbo, half modakeke, none of which is in Osun State, lol.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 1:19am On Feb 04, 2010
Girl your just thirsty buy some lingerie and get busy with your HUSBAND
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Abekeade08(f): 1:26am On Feb 04, 2010
Girl your just thirsty buy some lingerie and get busy with your HUSBAND

lol Girl, you sure don't mince words.

@ OP, I am going to assume you are married to a naija man. Naija men are proud, jealous and possessive. [b]Do not [/b]go around telling him that one of your old flames called and he has incited you with strange feelings. He might become angry with you, if the situation were reversed, would you like it if your husband did the same thing? It would make you doubt yourself as a woman and thus lower your self esteem. Abeg take Ebony's advice to help cure your thirstiness. tongue
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 1:31am On Feb 04, 2010
Abekeade08:

lol Girl, you sure don't mice words.

@ OP, I am going to assume you are married to a naija man. Naija men are proud, jealous and possessive. [b]Do not [/b]go around telling him that one of your old flames called and he has incited you with strange feelings. He might become angry with you, if the situation were reversed, would you like it if your husband did the same thing? It would make you doubt yourself as a woman and thus lower your self esteem. Abeg take Ebony's advice to help cure your thirstiness. tongue
Girl someone has to tell her as it is grin grin Honestly I dont get why married folk cheat, if I have a hubby I know what I will be doing with free time wink wink Anyhoo, hope you are well smiley
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by ayettymama(f): 1:32am On Feb 04, 2010
Busy_body:

FOLLY

I have changed me mind, no more garage for you, go knock on the dog's house door, i have trained them rottweillers wella on how to open/close doors, so they will let you in dearie.

@ no one in particular

monkey

kilo fe faa??

shocked shocked shocked

what is this rubbish im reading??

ah who dash you??

pekele pekele

dont come here and chat rubbish ooo

ekiti girls are booriful no contest no contradiction NO CONTROVERSY!

GBA!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 04, 2010
ayettymama:

monkey

kilo fe faa??

shocked shocked shocked

what is this rubbish im reading??

ah who dash you??

pekele pekele

dont come here and chat rubbish ooo

ekiti girls are booriful no contest no contradiction NO CONTROVERSY!

GBA!

Let me guess, you're also Ekiti. . . . sigh
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by ayettymama(f): 1:35am On Feb 04, 2010
wats the sigh for??
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 1:37am On Feb 04, 2010
I'd take that as a yes.

B/c lol there's a lot of Ekitis on NL.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Word For This Guy (picture) / Question Mark For Runs Babe (picture) / See What a Little Child is Doing ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.