Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce (1498 Views)

Our Class Reunion Yesterday Ended In Tears, Laughter & Fighting 2019 / She Shot Her Shot And It Ended In Marriage (photos) / 9 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by Thepasserby(m): 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2017
Congratulations to you, I heard you are already planning for a wedding that will be spoken of for years to come. I can see you are already thinking of some novel styles for your pre-wedding photoshoot.

I bring you good news. There is a wedding and then a marriage. This are two different things and can never mean the same. You may have the best wedding but lack a good marriage. Here are three expensive weddings that ended up in divorce.

Copied from www.palmchatnow.com

1. EDDIE MURPHY AND TRACEY EDMUNDS: £28,575 PER DAY

Comedian Eddie Murphy and TV personality Tracey Edmonds split up just two weeks after their ceremonial wedding in French Polynesia.

The Dreamgirls star, who split from Spice Girl Melanie Brown a year earlier, exchanged vows with Edmonds on a private island off Bora Bora on New Year's Day 2008.

The wedding on the beach cost them more than £400,000 for a custom-designed bridal gown by Sugia Nazel and gold and diamond earrings for the bridesmaids.

But Murphy, 46, and Edmonds, 40, called off the official ceremony on U.S. soil they needed to make the marriage legal, deciding to remain 'friends' instead.

A statement to People magazine read: 'After much consideration and discussion, we have jointly decided that we will forego having a legal ceremony as it is not necessary to define our relationship further.'

1 Share

Re: 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by Thepasserby(m): 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2017
2. Kim Kardashian's short-lived marriage to basketball player Kris Humphries, for instance, cost the pair £109,722 per day after splashing out £7.9 million on the big day.

Kim Kardashian's 77-day marriage to NBA star Kris Humphries cost the pair £109,722 per day, according to research by online local services marketplace, Bidvine.com
The reality star filed for divorce from NBA star Kris, 26, after just 72 days of their November 2011 marriage on the grounds of 'irreconcilable differences'.

Kris filed his response to her petition, requesting an annulment or a decree of legal separation rather than divorce on the grounds of fraud.

Re: 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by Thepasserby(m): 10:06pm On Jul 13, 2017
3. Tiwa Savage and Tee-Blitz

The traditional wedding ceremony of popular singer, Tiwa Savage and her manager/hubby, Tunji ‘Tee-Billz’ Balogun may have gulped nothing less than N30m, by NET’s calculation.
Re: 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by Young03(m): 10:16pm On Jul 13, 2017
Tonto n Churchill

Waiting for banky n Adesuwa own

don't quote me pls
Re: 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by lekjons(m): 10:52pm On Jul 13, 2017
Hmm

Re: 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by rosieluv(f): 10:56pm On Jul 13, 2017
Hmmmm really expensive weddings
Re: 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2017
Young03:
Tonto n Churchill

don't quote me pls
How do you guys live with so much negativity? Damn! You lot need some mental help

@op Teebilz and Tiwa ain't divorced. Get your facts right

1 Like

Re: 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by Fadiga24(m): 11:06pm On Jul 13, 2017
They spent time planning for the wedding that they ignored the marriage.
Re: 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 13, 2017
Young03:
Tonto n Churchill

don't quote me pls
You'll wait tire.Stop hating.
Re: 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by Thepasserby(m): 7:13am On Jul 14, 2017
Mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 14, 2017
Yeah Kim Kardashian's marriage to Chris Humphries was a total disaster. I remember watching an episode from her "Keeping up with the Kardashians" where he comes back from his basketball games and he'd put his dirty clothes in the closet and his shoes will live an odor in the room; Kim was always complaining about his "I don't care attitude". I'm sure that's why the marriage couldn't last.

1 Like

Re: 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 14, 2017
I don't understand why weddings should be so expensive.
Anyway I have T breast feed.
Re: 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 14, 2017
Young03:
Tonto n Churchill

don't quote me pls
Your plans will fail. cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 14, 2017
Alero3Arubi:
I don't understand why weddings should be so expensive.
Anyway I have T breast feed.
Most ladies are the cause of it.they like to show off unnecessary

1 Like

Re: 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by vivianbelema(f): 11:05am On Jul 14, 2017
A happy home is not all about expensive wedding
Re: 3 Expensive Weddings Which Ended In Divorce by Nedfed(m): 11:24am On Jul 14, 2017
My pop man married my mum with just #15 naira only.
My brother the wedding don clock 40yrs and still counting.
Marriage is not about big spending but happy home.

Nedfed's mind

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be The Origin Of #pepperthemgang? / Single Moms, Married Ladies, Single Ladies In 40s, Come Here / The Most Dangerous Sex Positions (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.