Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,653 members, 7,823,851 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Receiving Payment In Kenya - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Receiving Payment In Kenya (3749 Views)

Payoneer, A Global Online Bank For Receiving Payment In Nigeria. / List Of Banks That Has Visa Cards For Receiving Payment / Get Verified Paypal Account That Can Send And Receiving Payment Without Limits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Zdoh(m): 8:51am On Aug 30, 2017
macbernard:
Hi Pavore, Pls i need your advise.

I'm planning to visit Kenya & i want to open a paypal account during my visit. Pls how can i open an account at Equity bank as a visitor.

Thanks bro

cool
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Pavore9: 1:36pm On Aug 30, 2017
macbernard:
Bro I so much appreciate your feedback.
I have used payoneer & skrill alot prior to now, but i currently work with a site that pays with only paypal. What is the requirement of getting the tax pin & how can i go about the account opening since Equity is the only bank for withdrawal. Pls bro if there are other alternatives, kindly let me know. Tanx.

It is the Kenyan Revenue Authority that issues the Tax pin, getting the pin is not an issue but opening an account with tourist visa has been recently.

For receiving any PayPal payment I always use a Kenyan friend in the U. S, she receives it and sends it directly to my Mpesa line via World remit or sendwave at a far better ratet than Equity bank or PayPal exchangers in Kenya offers.

1 Like

Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 30, 2017
macbernard:
Bro I so much appreciate your feedback.
I have used payoneer & skrill alot prior to now, but i currently work with a site that pays with only paypal. What is the requirement of getting the tax pin & how can i go about the account opening since Equity is the only bank for withdrawal. Pls bro if there are other alternatives, kindly let me know. Tanx.
KRA does not issue PINS to people on tourist visas.You have to be a Kenyan citizen,a resident or a registered refugee with an alien card.
Equity Bank no longer accepts Tourist Visas and passports as means of opening a bank account(East Africans are exempt from this) I doubt if Nigerian students here can do it here anymore though in the past it was possible. And Equity does biometric verification of its customers when you go and change a card.
In addition, if you log into a Paypal Kenya account in Nigeria, I have a feeling that it may be flagged and shut down.

1 Like

Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by macbernard: 8:22pm On Aug 30, 2017
Tanx bro, but how does the Nigerians in Nairobi go about it. Even if Equity bank is out of the equation, can I open an ordinary savings account with a card that can be used for Paypal registration. I plan to come around in like 2 weeks time.

GERALD710:

KRA does not issue PINS to people on tourist visas.You have to be a Kenyan citizen,a resident or a registered refugee with an alien card.
Equity Bank no longer accepts Tourist Visas and passports as means of opening a bank account(East Africans are exempt from this) I doubt if Nigerian students here can do it here anymore though in the past it was possible. And Equity does biometric verification of its customers when you go and change a card.
In addition, if you log into a Paypal Kenya account in Nigeria, I have a feeling that it may be flagged and shut down.
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by macbernard: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hi Pavore, tanx for your response. What card can be used to verify kenyan paypal. Pls let me know if i can reach you through email on your profile.
Pavore9:

It is the Kenyan Revenue Authority that issues the Tax pin, getting the pin is not an issue but opening an account with tourist visa has been recently.

For receiving any PayPal payment I always use a Kenyan friend in the U. S, she receives it and sends it directly to my Mpesa line via World remit or sendwave at a far better ratet than Equity bank or PayPal exchangers in Kenya offers.
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2017
Is Kenya still visa on arrival for Nigerians ?
Pavore9:
if you run an online business and you need to receive payment in Kenya, even as low as 1,000 Kenyan shillings do send a mail to koboideas@gmail.com so we work out the receipt and transfer to Nigeria.
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Pavore9: 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2017
nwachinaemelu85:
Is Kenya still visa on arrival for Nigerians ?

Yes but advisable you apply online for their e-visa
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2017
The only problem i will have while applying online is paying of the visa fee via mastercard or visa card as i don't have such cards,is their another way i can pay for the visa fee while applying online?
Pavore9:

Yes but advisable you apply online for their e-visa
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Pavore9: 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2017
nwachinaemelu85:
The only problem i will have while applying online is paying of the visa fee via mastercard or visa card as i don't have such cards,is their another way i can pay for the visa fee while applying online?

Get someone to use his/her card to pay for ypu
Have your hotel reservation though am not supposed to say this but being Nigerian the reality is you need to make a provision of between $50-$100 in case you need to "tip" immigration on arrival at Nairobi as you will be regarded as a potential hustler not a tourist.
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 31, 2017
Thanks for your response, apart from hotel reservation and yellow card, what else do i need to take along to be able to enter Kenya safely and were can i get the hotel reservation and yellow card, and the hotel reservation should it be paid or just booked
Pavore9:

Get someone to use his/her card to pay for ypu
Have your hotel reservation though am not supposed to say this but being Nigerian the reality is you need to make a provision of between $50-$100 in case you need to "tip" immigration on arrival at Nairobi as you will be regarded as a potential hustler not a tourist.
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Pavore9: 8:37pm On Aug 31, 2017
nwachinaemelu85:
Thanks for your response, apart from hotel reservation and yellow card, what else do i need to take along to be able to enter Kenya safely and were can i get the hotel reservation and yellow card, and the hotel reservation should it be paid or just booked

It should be booked. How long are you intending to be in Nairobi?
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 31, 2017
I plan to stay in Nairobi till december, thou i might tour uganda,rwanda and tanzania from Kenya, apart from hotel reservation and yellow card, what else do i need to take along to be able to enter Kenya safely and were can i get the hotel reservation and yellow card
Pavore9:

It should be booked. How long are you intending to be in Nairobi?
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Pavore9: 9:36pm On Aug 31, 2017
nwachinaemelu85:
I plan to stay in Nairobi till december, thou i might tour uganda,rwanda and tanzania from Kenya, apart from hotel reservation and yellow card, what else do i need to take along to be able to enter Kenya safely and were can i get the hotel reservation and yellow card

The ministry of health centre around the Lagos international airport issues and the date on the yellow card should be at least 2 before departure..

Let your return ticket be of week span for example departing Lagos on the 9th of September and returning on the 16th. Once you have entered town, you go the airline office in Nairobi and change your date of returning to Lagos.

After a day or two of arrival, you should look for an apartment to move in to.
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2017
Thanks a million bro for your timely responses, please i still have lots of questions LOL as i wouldn't like to make mistakes, you said the date on the yellow card should be 2 days or 2 weeks before departure? which one is it? and were can i process the hotel reservation?
Pavore9:

The ministry of health centre around the Lagos international airport issues and the date on the yellow card should be at least 2 before departure..

Let your return ticket be of week span for example departing Lagos on the 9th of September and returning on the 16th. Once you have entered town, you go the airline office in Nairobi and change your date of returning to Lagos.

Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 01, 2017
you said the date on the yellow card should be at least 2 before departure, you didn't specify if it's 2 days or 2 weeks before departure,which one is it? and were can i book the hotel reservation?
Pavore9:

Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Pavore9: 8:36am On Sep 01, 2017
nwachinaemelu85:
you said the date on the yellow card should be at least 2 before departure, you didn't specify if it's 2 days or 2 weeks before departure,which one is it? and were can i book the hotel reservation?

2 weeks.
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 01, 2017
How many weeks or months will i be stamped in to stay in kenya by the immigration at the airport and after the expiry of the duration i'm stamped in to stay can i extend my visa while in Nairobi and how long will they give more and what's the cost and process?
Pavore9:

2 weeks.
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by cutieme(m): 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
Pavore9:

How much can one get a bed sitter there now,?thanks.
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by greenie77: 10:12am On Nov 12, 2021
Pavore9:
if you run an online business and you need to receive payment in Kenya, even as low as 1,000 Kenyan shillings do send a mail to koboideas@gmail.com so we work out the receipt and transfer to Nigeria.

Do you still facilitate receiving Kenyan shillings in Kenya on behalf of someone in Nigeria?
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Pavore9: 2:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
greenie77:

Do you still facilitate receiving Kenyan shillings in Kenya on behalf of someone in Nigeria?

Yes and other countries like Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Zambia, even for transfers as low as N5,000 equivalent.
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Caleb5: 6:17am On Apr 21, 2022
How do i contact you cos u're not replying emails. Need to use ur service asap
Re: Receiving Payment In Kenya by Deli999: 6:37am On Aug 29, 2022
Pavore9:

How do I reach out to you??

Yes and other countries like Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Zambia, even for transfers as low as N5,000 equivalent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Investing In Nigerian Insurance Stocks / #MMM. How To Cash Out Released Mavro... / Fiberone Broadband Internet Fraudulent Broadband Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.