Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! (8946 Views)

Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question / Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi / Sahara Report Breaking News !!..buhari Volunteers To Step Down For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by mbulela: 8:59am On Feb 04, 2010
Sixmartgp:

I have to say I am disappointed with some comments on this forum about Dora's steps. Instead of us to be praising her for this courageous move, some people are calling her a liar and other names. She probably took the most difficult decision that no other official in Yardua's cabinet could take and we are abusing her. Do you know that even the VP does not have the guts to make this decision. Imagine you work for a company as an MD and you are on salary arrangements. Your CEO has been out for 73 days. How many of you as an employer collecting Salary from your CEOs company can actually wake up and write a memo that your CEO should hand over since he has been on vacation for 73 days. She has risked a political career and she has risked her life. Nigerians, applaud her,
Where is the proof that she even said it?
'confirmed sources' and 'inside sources'. the same sources that said Yar Adua signed the budget and was flying home last week, abi?
the way propaganda and rumours have taken over the political space is amazing.
no one is even taking a minute to ask sensible questions and seek credible sources. every gist is considered to be true until another gist surfaces to displace the old one.
anyway, this what happens when a government is run based on cabals,inner caucus and intrigues.
the deciet and secrecy of this government will topple it.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by mbulela: 9:01am On Feb 04, 2010
@ adigun 101,
if you were in Dora's shoes and you were offered the position of Information Minister for Yaradua will you accept it?
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by saharachic(f): 9:10am On Feb 04, 2010
then she should resign.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Beaf: 9:19am On Feb 04, 2010
saharachic:

then she should resign.

She mustn't.
Let her be present in the FEC to drill them out from the inside, all in the pleasure that they don't have the power to sack her. . . Give them a sweet taste of their own medicine. grin

A few more will join her and the empire will collapse. cool
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by calyx: 9:29am On Feb 04, 2010
I knew this Dora was really upto something! Talk about courage!
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by asha80(m): 9:36am On Feb 04, 2010
mbulela is making me laugh in this thread.Something that was reported in sahara,punchand thisday and he is saying that he is looking for credible source.Well go to aso rock and ask ministers if you are looking for credible source.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by mbulela: 9:41am On Feb 04, 2010
asha 80:

mbulela is making me laugh in this thread.Something that was reported in sahara,punchand thisday and he is saying that he is looking for credible source.Well go to aso rock and ask ministers if you are looking for credible source.

why you dey laff?
person no know wetin to believe for this country again.
the media sef na sensational news dey sell.
every thing is being done in secret and the outsiders are left to draw their own conclusions.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by emekagh(m): 9:48am On Feb 04, 2010
Akunyili has made a very bold move. I think she should be applauded for this.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by asha80(m): 9:59am On Feb 04, 2010
mbulela:

why you dey laff?
person no know wetin to believe for this country again.
the media sef na sensational news dey sell.
every thing is being done in secret and the outsiders are left to draw their own conclusions.

Akunyili's move is being discused in AIT now.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Emperoh(m): 10:00am On Feb 04, 2010
Great Courageous move. . , this lady will always stand out!!

Mbulela, Dr. Kit and Co
If you think its easy doign what she did, pls try voicing opposition to your boss, openly!!
When we see the truth we say it. . . . if u ain't convinced, let the event of the coming days prove her right or wrong!!
I believe she has cleared her conscience and history will stand by her ss one of those who stood by the truth!!

We are waiting, if she doesn 't come forth to deny the words then u got to eat your words!!!
It will also be represented the FEC next week so lets wait and see. . . . but i bet you will eat your words!!
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Boboribo: 10:06am On Feb 04, 2010
Belated ranting of a compromised fellow. I hope her hands are clean else EFCC comes knocking. Ask Cecilia Ibru and Akingbola.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by emekagh(m): 10:16am On Feb 04, 2010
Boboribo:

Belated ranting of a compromised fellow. I hope her hands are clean else EFCC comes knocking. Ask Cecilia Ibru and Akingbola.

Last time I checked, she unlike those two, isn't running a bank. Perhaps you should have said: ask Okonjo Iweala (who left and got a world bank appointment) or Mrs Ezekwesili (who now works with UN if I'm not mistaken). That is the class Akunyili belongs. Defending government policies, and spearheading re-branding are difficult and thankless tasks. Ask Nairalanders if in doubt.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by deor03(m): 10:29am On Feb 04, 2010
Good. Very Good.

History will never forgive the goons if/when the worst happens.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by saharachic(f): 10:53am On Feb 04, 2010
Beaf:

She mustn't.
Let her be present in the FEC to drill them out from the inside, all in the pleasure that they don't have the power to sack her. . . Give them a sweet taste of their own medicine. grin

A few more will join her and the empire will collapse. cool
abeg leave jor

which drilling? she just got say sometin coz of her nafdac bravado. when this fiasco is ended she go go back into her shell.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by adigun101: 11:27am On Feb 04, 2010
mbulela:

@ adigun 101,
if you were in Dora's shoes and you were offered the position of Information Minister for Yaradua will you accept it?

So that is her sin. Accepting to serve as minister under a democratically (undemocratically) elected government.
Let me draw you a list of people that accepted positions even under even military regimes in the past.
1. Obafemi Awolowo - Minister of Finance Gowon
2. Tai Solarin - Peoples Bank Chairman - IBB
4 Emeka Anyaoku - Foreign Adviser to Obasanjo
5. Muhamadu Buhari - PTF chairman - Abacha
6. Bola Ige - AGN - Under PDP led Obasanjo

If any of the above mentioned individuals can be termed as heroes how is Dora different ? undecided
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by dustydee: 11:39am On Feb 04, 2010
Better late than never.I would have expected that she would be the first to ask Mr president to empower his vice.This came a lettle too late and I know people like Andooaka are not happy.By the way who made that retard an SAN?He's a disgrace to the legal profession.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by yeswecan(m): 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2010
Prof. Dora Akunyili is an asset, am so proud of her.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by chosen04(f): 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2010
dustydee:

Better late than never.I would have expected that she would be the first to ask Mr president to empower his vice.This came a lettle too late and I know people like Andooaka are not happy.By the way who made that retard an SAN?He's a disgrace to the legal profession.

Pls stop that trash.

Its BETTER NEVER THAN LATE. What is the essence of medicine to the dead man?(Call it medicine after death!)

If she has been a great supporter of the "president can rule from any where" why cant he still continue?

The Dora you know 2day has lost her credibility. She should desist from playing the Pro-masses of Nigeria role.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by otokx(m): 12:36pm On Feb 04, 2010
so much talk, no action.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by adigun101: 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2010
chosen04:

Pls stop that trash.

Its BETTER NEVER THAN LATE. What is the essence of medicine to the dead man?(Call it medicine after death!)

If she has been a great supporter of the "president can rule from any where" why cant he still continue?

Aaandoka not Dora!

The Dora you know 2day has lost her credibility. She should desist from playing the Pro-masses of Nigeria role.

When and how ?
She wasn't just a darling of the press.
No one can point at one sin she has commited.
As far as im concerned she has always been a woman of intergrity and this event doesn't surprise me.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by chosen04(f): 12:40pm On Feb 04, 2010
chosen04:

Pls stop that trash.

Moreover, Its only a stitch in time that saves NINE. Not a stitch whenever you like or when it pleases your personal selfishness.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by sesman(m): 12:50pm On Feb 04, 2010
@ Topic

Source? or are we just taking your word for it?
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by chosen04(f): 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2010
adigun101:

Aaandoka not Dora!

Did SHE speak out against it then? NO. Did she say the president cant rule from any where in the world indefinetly then?

adigun101:

When and how ?

When she took up her ministerial post and started defending corruption. Especially, when she called the extra-judicial murder of the Boko Haram financier a "Good riddance to bad rubblish"  I still cant fathom why  a govt spokes person will support extra-judicial killing even if its his/her enemy?

adigun101:

She wasn't just a darling of the press.

She was only press crazy
The Lagos/western press has a way of making a hero out of a thief once you are in their good book. Even a thief who is has media crazy as she was will definetly become a "press hero"

adigun101:

No one can point at one sin she has commited.
So you are so blind to see any?.If waiting till it suits her b/4 calling for the president re-signature is not a sin, Then am yet to see a sinner.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by marvix(m): 1:06pm On Feb 04, 2010
@mbulela callin u an educated illiterate is not an insult it was an observation I made frm readin ur comment but if u are slighted I apologise but the truth be told she has made a bold move and I think d time is right
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by calyx: 1:07pm On Feb 04, 2010
When she took up her ministerial post and started defending corruption. Especially, when she called the extra-judicial murder of the Boko Haram financier a "Good riddance to bad rubblish"  I still cant fathom why  a govt spokes person will support extra-judicial killing even if its his/her enemy?

@ chosen

Lies!!!!!! Pls quote exactly where she said this as if you were the only person that followed the Boko Haram issue.

Pls desist from feeding people lies on this forum.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by slimshay(m): 1:21pm On Feb 04, 2010
Now showing at the cinemas:

1. How Dora Got Her Groove Back. 2. What is Eating Dora Grape 3. Dora Wonka and the Chocolate Cabinet.

Grab your tickets now, prequels and sequels coming soon!!! wink wink grin
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Eziachi: 1:26pm On Feb 04, 2010
mikeansy:

What folks fail to realize is that these guys are only hawks to the extent that Yar'adua is there. Right now there is no proof that Yar'adua is fit to be in office. If Jonathan was bold he can lead the efforts to now uphold the constitution.

And if Jonathan stands his ground, these so called hawks will have no choice than to shut up until they are able to produce Yar'adua to come and reclaim his seat.

In fact Jonathan can raise his game and reconstitute the cabinet. People are just afraid of nothing in this country.

Is there anyone who wants to honestly say that if this was OBJ 70days on a sick bed in a Foreign land. Atiku wont be running this country by now?
Jonathan just does not know that he is an elected Vice President not anybody's personal assistant or boyboy

If OBJ was stupid enough even to be away for two weeks straight, I think that Atiku will take over the government. Jonathan a.k.a Papa Suwe is clueless, he is always happy to act out his name-Goodluck, but history shows that luck do ran out sometimes.

I thought Jonathan would have suprised even himself and fly to Saudi one day unannounce and to the surprise of everybody, but what did he do, he lied to have spoken to Yar Adua. Thy said he is being cautious. Cowards always hide behind the big word- CAUTIOUS!
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Eziachi: 1:38pm On Feb 04, 2010
mbulela:

my eye don clear now. grin
The impression she created at NAFDAC was just a smokescreen.
she has found her true level amongst hypocrites and charlatans.
When Adedibu said she was begging him to intervene on her behalf for a ministerial appointment, everyone laughed him off now the truth is known.
There is no proof to back up the report, every one is saying 'informed sources' said.I am think the story might have been planted by her aides.
Most nigerians think that the real Dora was the NAFDAC one and that she is presently acting out of character, i believe the opposite.
did she just wake up from her slumber?
where has she been these past 70 days?
after defending the ineptitude of this sick govt in public, why does she have to voice her new found sanity in secret?
they are all liars and hypocrites and Dora is no different.
How come her job at NAFDAC a smoke screen? Do you know what we don’t, because as long as I can see she did what no one in Nigeria has ever attempted- fight counterfeit products with a great deal of success, even an athempt on her life is still lingering in the court till date.
So you believe in Adedibu now? How can Dora lobby Adedibu for a job, on what capacity? As an Oyo indigene filling Oyo’s quota in the cabinet or what? The lady is too sophisticated for Adedibu and she told him so. I am not a fan of Dora for staying put after leaving NAFDAC and joining the politics.  She should have left like Iwuala and Ezekwesili and go back to her fomer lucrative career. But stayed to re-brand the un-rebrandable Nigeria. That is my only qualm with her.
But for you to do what Nigerians knows how to do best, rubbish the little best they got, you must be out of your mind. During OBJ’s period, they use all sorts to discredit Soyinka and Achebe to no avail.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by chosen04(f): 1:49pm On Feb 04, 2010
calyx:

@ chosen

Lies!!!!!! Pls quote exactly where she said this as if you were the only person that followed the Boko Haram issue.

Pls desist from feeding people lies on this forum.

The sect leader and deputy killed
I am sure you have all heard of the death of the leader of Nigeria's Islamist group,Boko Haram, 39 year old Mohammed Yusuf on Thursday night. There are conflicting reports. Some papers reported that he was killed in a shoot out with security forces, while others say he was killed in police custody after he was captured and interrogated.

I hear some human rights activists/lawyers say the killing is unlawful and some are actually planning to take up the case, while others say his killing is justified.

The first reaction of Nigerian Information Minister Dora Akunyili to Mr Yusuf's death was to say, on the BBC's Network Africa programme: "What is important is that he has been taken out of the way, to stop him using people to cause mayhem." However, she did go on to say that the government did not condone what she called "extrajudicial killings".

http://lindaikeji..com/2009/07/boko-haram-killings.html

Calyx,

I think you are the person who shld to feed people with truth on this forum. Pls learn to speak out against illegality no matter who is involve.

This is not even what am looking for. I will get you where she used exactly those words.
Note also:
"she did go on to say that the government did not condone what she called "extrajudicial killings".

Was an after thought when press men expressed their disappointment at her words.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Eziachi: 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2010
mbulela:

Where is the proof that she even said it?
'confirmed sources' and 'inside sources'. the same sources that said Yar Adua signed the budget and was flying home last week, abi?
the way propaganda and rumours have taken over the political space is amazing.
no one is even taking a minute to ask sensible questions and seek credible sources. every gist is considered to be true until another gist surfaces to displace the old one.
anyway, this what happens when a government is run based on cabals,inner caucus and intrigues.
the deciet and secrecy of this government will topple it.

Please go and check your past posts and see if you have lambasted the justice minister and others for instance, over their quoted positions on this issue and tell me how you come to your source and proof before airing your negative views on them. It seems you chose to believe what you want to believe but starts asking for concreteand water tight proof when one don’t suit your liking.
Why not admit that you have issue with the messenger, rather than the message. Typical Nigerians.
If she is a sinner before accroding to some of you and now has decided to have a good stand, isn’t that a good things, rather than having a stiff neck? If IBB had changed his mind on June 12 and did the right thing, will we be lambasting him today, just because he changed his mind for the positves? Of course not. But people like you will still.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Eziachi: 1:57pm On Feb 04, 2010
saharachic:

abeg leave jor

which drilling? she just got say sometin coz of her nafdac bravado. when this fiasco is ended she go go back into her shell.

So her work at NAFDAC is now bravado? How you wish there are many Nigerians with bravado attached to their past works. How am I surprise, afterall, when Buhari/Idiagbo came to clean up things, people like you called them bravados then and wanted the smiling rogue called IBB. How you wish now that the bravado of BUhari/Idiagbo lasted.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Eziachi: 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2010
chosen04:

Pls stop that trash.

If we go by your logic, probably we should lambast Fredrick De Clerk for bringing the aparthide to an end after being part of it for many decades of his life. Mind you he won the nobel price for peace for it. So I will guess that the whole world was stupid for thinking that he is a peaceful man and Mandela seconded that too.
It is the same sentiment and pride that has prevented the rest of Southern Nigerian to acknowledge their mistake of joining the north to fight Biafra. Instead they kept up swimming in Nigeria instead of doing the right thing, so that we can all liberate ourselves from this sinking ship

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How President Buhari Was Poisoned / Gbajabiamila: Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions Lack Capacity To Solve Problems / Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.