Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,030 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! (8947 Views)

Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question / Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi / Sahara Report Breaking News !!..buhari Volunteers To Step Down For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by DARA1234: 10:09pm On Feb 05, 2010
Ones again, the women are leading the men in proper decision making, of all the members of the FEC, only Dora could stand her ground and tell us the truth, let the men learn,Dora is not concerned about her position but rather she has put Nigeria first, I hope all other members of the FEC and the house will take a cue from this.
PLEASE SAVE NIGERIA
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by nnajiofo: 1:27am On Feb 06, 2010
I salute her it is not easy at all.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by mbulela: 3:54am On Feb 06, 2010
It takes so little to win Nigerians over.
very soon Ibori and Odili will hold press conferences asking Yar Adua to resign for the sake of our NASCENT DEMOCRACY.
Then all will be forgiven.
everyone can see the handwriting on the wall,even the barbarians at the gate can see that their deceit is no longer tenable, hence every one is claiming to be a patriot and on the side of the people.
At the end of the day,due to the realignment of forces and power, Turai will be left alone to carry the can with her sick husband.
Even Andookaa and Bankole will be on the side of 'truth and justice'
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by pak: 6:59am On Feb 06, 2010
mbulela:

It takes so little to win Nigerians over.
very soon Ibori and Odili will hold press conferences asking Yar Adua to resign for the sake of our NASCENT DEMOCRACY.
Then all will be forgiven.
everyone can see the handwriting on the wall,even the barbarians at the gate can see that their deceit is no longer tenable, hence every one is claiming to be a patriot and on the side of the people.
At the end of the day,due to the realignment of forces and power, Turai will be left alone to carry the can with her sick husband.
Even Andookaa and Bankole will be on the side of 'truth and justice'

I urge you to work on your analogies and make them fair.

How can you honestly compare Dora situation to Ibori and Odili.

Please it pays to be Honest and fair. one. Odili is not a Yar'adua apointee or member of the FEC and two Dora stands little to gain from Yar'adua stepping down but I guess a strong conscience was her driving force.

If Ibori or Odili were in govt and the FEC in particular and stand the chance of 'enjoying being in power' until Yar'adua comes back (if he does) do you think they will ask him to step down ? be real my guy, the chances of that happening are zero.

and in the first place, on what grounds do you compare Dora and Ibori. I wonder if you've been in Nigeira at all.

We all know Dora's antecents and probably the only mistake she made was accepting that position and being allowed to be used as a stooge but then that happened to Tai Solarin too (remember People's Bank).

Really I think it is unequivocal that what Dora's has done is commendable and more than ever she needs our support
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by SapeleGuy: 11:36am On Feb 06, 2010
Dora is playing to the gallery, unfortunately the gallery is empty, Nigeria will not swallow this poor attempt at rebranding.
After defending this madness for 70 days, she is now seeing sense. I believe she has now received cast iron proof that presido is not coming back. She is merely positioning herself for a new regime, if not, she would resign.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 06, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Dora is playing to the gallery, unfortunately the gallery is empty, Nigeria will not swallow this poor attempt at rebranding.
After defending this madness for 70 days, she is now seeing sense. I believe she has now received cast iron proof that presido is not coming back. She is merely positioning herself for a new regime, if not, she would resign.

What some of you don't realise is whether Yar'adua is coming back or not, what some are plotting is to keep the country in dilema until the next PDP primaries is conducted after which even if Jonathan is announced as acting President he will be a LAME DUCK ONE.

Jonathan has not been sworn in yet, this is no time to drive away converts. It is time to win over heretics.

A medical vacation letter from Yar'adua does not give Jonathan real power as he will yet be ordinary Acting President. He still needs the FEC to declare Yar'adua incapacitated or the NASS to impeach Yar'adua before Jonathan can choose a VP and as such take the full control of leadership.

besides the biggest culprit in sustaining this thrash for 70days is Jonathan himself because he had been busy claiming there is no need to hand over and that his boss is coming back. In fact while the likes of Dora may have changed gear, Jonathan is yet to do so. SO FOLKS CHILL AND LEARN TO PLAY POLITICS OF 2010 NIGERIA.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by SapeleGuy: 12:08pm On Feb 06, 2010
Bros, i agree with you, impeachment is coming. Dora is not standing alone in this move, it doesn't change the fact that she is making herself an eligible bride for a new president.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 06, 2010
Regardless of what you make of Dora or Yayale Ahmed's latest action, Jonathan needs these people.

The impeachment option is a very long and tedious process which requires consent from both the Senate and House. The process will be long and there will be intrigues. The NASS is necessary to put pressure on Yar'adua and FEC to do the right thing either way. But getting the NASS to impeach Yar'adua is not 1+1=2.

It will be long and tedious and exhausting. So the most important individuals in this equation are the FEC members. Left to Aondoakaa alone his plans is to shut out the FEC. This is why 1 week from now or 2 weeks from now or even later will not be too late for other FEC members to speak up and stop cowtowing to Aondoakaa.

It will be nice to hear from Godwin Abbe, Odein Ajumogbia, Deziani Allison. It is not too late to act and speak up.

You can make of these actions what you like but they actions of the FEC members in the next coming days is the most important.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by idifu(m): 1:46pm On Feb 06, 2010
it's a Game, guys wake up Dora is part of P.D.P's charade dont be fooled pls, it 's fraud
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by idifu(m): 1:49pm On Feb 06, 2010
Dora's move is fraud, it is a plan that had already bin mapped out by P.D.P i cant be fooled
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by McKren(m): 1:51pm On Feb 06, 2010
with all this cynicism flying around, if Dora withdraws her memo before next Wednesday in whose interest will that be?

Nigerians? Jonathan? Folks just need to grow up!!!!
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by adconline(m): 4:24pm On Feb 06, 2010
Nigerians are easily over satisfied. Maybe OBJ is now our hero for calling on Yar'dua to hand over. So what do you do in a country where there is no political hero/icon? I guess we can reinvent one by a figment of our imagination
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by agabaI23(m): 4:46pm On Feb 06, 2010
adconline:

Nigerians are easily over satisfied. Maybe OBJ is now our hero for calling on Yar'dua to hand over. So what do you do in a country where there is no political hero/icon? I guess we can reinvent one by a figment of our imagination

Obj stands to lose nothing. If worse comes to worse, he will removed as BOT chairman and that has no effect on him.

Dora has just put her Job on the line. She did it eyeball to eyeball.

I hope the new memo is not withdrawn. The old Dora will not. I hope she has rediscovered herself.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by GeorgeD1(m): 8:37am On Feb 08, 2010
she has done the right think by unburdening herself but i think the title of this thread is a little over the top. she never asked yar-adua to step down  undecided
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 08, 2010
I hope she doesn't lose her job for speaking out.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Bolarge(m): 10:43am On Feb 08, 2010
@topic

Very sorry attempt at "rebranding" her image.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by cassidy(f): 11:16am On Feb 08, 2010
i cant be fooled by "DORA" whom i have always known to be an oppurtunist since her days in NAFDAC, the hand writing is now clear on the wall that Yar'dua will not be coming back as the president and now she wants to pitch her tent with the next likely president.

it is such a pity that Adedibu's words about her are now coming to light.

NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE!!!!!!
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 08, 2010
@ cassidy, you have a point there, it's all politics. I  read on paper headlines that she doesn't care if she loses her life for speaking the truth, is that a hoax too? 
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by naijaking1: 11:32am On Feb 08, 2010
When asked to fire Ulysses S. Grant, because the general was reportedly drunk on so many occassions, Abraham Lincoln relied" if getting drunk was all it takes to win this war the way General Grant has been doing, then I will command all of you to get drunk before any battle"

In the same vein, even if Dora is a 'cheap hero', an 'opportunist', trying to 're-brand' herself, or even 'self-serving', she has said what needed to be said, and history will have credit her for it.
If she hadn't stood up last week, we would have been listening to Aondokaa again this week about how the FEC unanimously supports Yar'dua's prolonged abscence from the country.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by alldone(m): 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2010
look wether opportunist or out of good mind, at last someone is saying the truth.
i pity her, they just rubbished her by putting her on that post to destroy her integrity.

i guess is the work of all this fake drug guys who wanted her out of nafdac.

it is better late than never. for goodluck he must be mute because he knows that the chair is for him so no need to struggle or fight.

but we must say what we need to say at anytime.

good for dora!
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Dabbs: 1:19pm On Feb 08, 2010
It is so shameful seeing people commenting against their rights sometimes. It is simply b'cos the citizens of Nigeria are not dependants. Everybody faces his own daily job. Nobody expects anything from the Govt. and they still pay to the Govt. when they ask them for any revenue. This means very little number of Nigerians know his rights from the Govt. and we still succumb to responsibilities for the Govt. whenever they claim such from us. God dey watching. We r sometimes terrified to the extent that we feel congealed to confide of what we 100% know it is truth, and right thing to do. This is the situation at hand right now.

Aunty Dora should get crazy of the status quo because she is a Prof. not a novice. She is actually sure of what is written as constitution that bind us; Ibo, Yoruba and Hausa together as a nation.
   Very simple case, and we are being intimidated by enlarging the case and relating it to where it does not belong. There's law. There's humanity. The law also mostly gives space for humanity till a durable and considerable time.
   In some countries, they appoint many Deputies because they don't want the theory of Deputy President, still they know who's to take up the affairs of the nation when the situation warrants. But in the case of ours, Nigeria is not such a nation. We are not on royal constitution; not a monarchy state.

So therefore, we have a constituted V.president. It is the norm and backed with procedure; when, how, where, why, who, and all sort of questions that may arise when the situation arise. In a clear form of this is that a Deputy must possess the same criteria of his boss - to be able to fully deputise him in his absence (or replace him in the case of death). This is supposed to be automatic pending the time (as stipulated in the constitution) the boss will be back on track.

If he cannot be back on track until the stipulated time in the constitution, there's no compromise, the next step stipulated in the constitution must take place. Even if the boss is maternal brother of the VP. The law is for the nation. Any mingling with law on this regard attracts penal in any standard state. This is law.
  Trying to play the constitution in this regard signifies mess and lawlessness of the nation.

So, I cast a very big Kudos for Aunty Dora. This is the kind of element that will inherit the throne of our beloved nation, Nigeria, in the end by the grace of God. Surely, she will get over all those educated illiterates.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Dabbs: 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2010
Our correspondents gathered that immediately after Akunyili’s memo was read and rejected at FEC, tempers rose as a good number of ministers, led by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Michael Aondoakaa, shouted her down.

A big woe to the shameless guys, the person of Aondoaka trying to shout down the truth, the truth of which they are the cause; because if the law is very clear and deep on the case, there won't be room for compromise. They all corrupt our law and the whole mechanisms are running flaws.

Is there anyone who wants to honestly say that if this was OBJ 70days on a sick bed in a Foreign land. Atiku wont be running this country by now?

This is a good comment and a good example that if the whole case fall on them, they won't be that patient. This is the reason for their worriness. They ignore the constitution and talk of goofy humanity.
    So, whoever feels Nigeria belong to us all together will not take this for granted. The law is for the nation. Yar'adua is ever and ever a Nigerian president with full immunity since the day he has been admitted in the hospital and till the day he'd go back to his creator.

WHAT NEXT ?  Whereas Aunty Dora said at the bottom of the memo,

"I also expect that when President Yar’Adua returns, he will take over. The VP cannot stop him from returning to his office. It is not possible. Let me also state clearly that nobody wants Mr President dead. No child of God will wish a fellow human being dead. I don’t want my boss to die. Only evil people want him to die. He will return. So all this tension in the country is unnecessary. We all know what is right and that is what we should do."

WHAT NEXT ?                      WHAT NEXT ?                          WHAT NEXT ?,
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by vivicavi: 10:17am On Feb 09, 2010
i totally agree with @mbudela. dora has alway been a creation of the media who had a clear understanding why she was contracted even while in her days in nafdac. the first question you all must ask youselves is how many people was sentenced or jailed for importing these fake drugs on a big scale i mean>>.? the answer is zero. in china the manufcaturer of the fake 'my pikin drug' was sentenced to death but do we know what happend to the felon who imported the drug to nigeria. No!
they probably have confirmed that thers no hope for yardua' returning to office and thats why she is now bold to flex her muscles that why more ministers now got her back.

our politicians are a bunch of actors and actresses for all i care. they simply do not the love of the people of the nation at heart but only protecting their selfish interest.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by GeorgeD1(m): 11:12am On Feb 09, 2010
70 days plus and counting! imagine even an ordinary company worker absconding from duties for even a week, what will happen to such a staff? now a president of a country of over 140m people goes away without even the courtesy of informing the senate that he will be travelling!
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by agabaI23(m): 2:01pm On Feb 09, 2010
Some of these people with third eyes who can see the 'evil' in that woman are probably those who have got sopme grouse with her.

Anybody who knows this woman from the scratch will not be surprised at his outburst. She is a woman who stands for what she believes in. Go and find out what happened between her and Prof Akubue her PhD supervisor on the issue of a book publication

Go find out what happened to the £13000 assigned to her for medical treatment in her time at PTF.

If you have a grouse with her confront her or just shut up.

Someone is talking about prosecuting kingpins as if he is not Nigeria. Dora cannot be a pharmacist and a judge at the same time. She can only do her job as a regulator which you inadvertently accepted.

Some people made an attempt on her life and the case has dragged on for years. She faught the drug war in an effective way peculiar to our environment and she won.

She could have made a mistake by accepting to serve as an information minister but I think everything happens for a purpose.
May be if she rejected the post, no one would have spoken out now!

People should think before spewing menstral blood from your mouth
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by chosen04(f): 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2010
the viper:

there is somebody who seems to have problems with Dora and that person is @chosen04. am at loss as to what sin this woman committed towards this terrorist with a church name. so her sin is that she took a job that she was given.i guess that u are bitter cos someone in your family would have been given the job? tony blair used his minister and george bush used a credible army general to pursue falsehood in iraq.these things hapeens.why is Doras case different? u criticised her for not talking,now u criticise her for talking late and wants her to resign. how i wish that u can keep that unwanted opinion to urself instead of making a damned idiot of urself here. someone needs to talk and the lady did. or were u expecting her to have spoken before she knew the true state of things?

I will prefer to be a terrorist with a church name like you called yourself than support those who have exhausted their opportunity of speaking. Its either you say it within the 1st 60 days or forever remain silent.

I dont FEAR naija hypocrites, I FEAR their die hard supporters like you. Cos of your inability to read in b/w the lines.

pak:

@Chosen, what happened to you today ( one drink too many shocked ) ? You were uncharacteristically waaay off the mark in your take on Dora's purpoted action.

It should be obvious you are a lone dissenting voice on the thread or do you have a personal grouse with the woman, so we can know where to start from.

Being a lone dissenting voice doesnt bother me. What bothers me is seeing people like you being deceived by 'Born again naija hypocrites'

Bolarge:

@topic
Very sorry attempt at "rebranding" her image.

cassidy:

i cant be fooled by "DORA" whom i have always known to be an oppurtunist since her days in NAFDAC, the hand writing is now clear on the wall that Yar'dua will not be coming back as the president and now she wants to pitch her tent with the next likely president.

it is such a pity that Adedibu's words about her are now coming to light.

NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE!!!!!!

Thank God we still have people who can see & read in b/w the lines.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by agabaI23(m): 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2010
chosen04:

I will prefer to be a terrorist with a church name like you called yourself than support those who have exhausted their opportunity of speaking. Its either you say it within the 1st 60 days or forever remain silent.

[
What is the significance of 60 days?

What is the difference between 60 and 72?
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by onyengbu1(m): 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2010
vivicavi:
the first question you all must ask youselves is how many people was sentenced or jailed for importing these fake drugs on a big scale i mean>>.? the answer is zero.

Liar!!!!!

I know about one rich and Popular Maxwell, an onitsha drug dealer who is still in jail today.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by agabaI23(m): 6:29pm On Feb 09, 2010
onye_ngbu:

Liar!!!!!

I know about one rich and Popular Maxwell, an onitsha drug dealer who is still in jail today.

I did not even know his case has been concluded. He was one of those involved in the attempted murder of the woman!
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by theviper1: 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2010
@chosen04,it is now clear that u have personal grouse against the lady.but that notwithstanding,i want to ask you this question,how much do you think that the ministers and some members of the cabinet knew before now? its obvious that u are the one who cant read b/w the lines as you are still being misguided by your envy or whatever it is you hold against Dora. there are men in that same meeting and women as welll who were tongued-tied for obvious reasons. do you know the personal risks that the woman has put herself in by speaking out loud and against her colleagues and have u really noticed the changes that that singular voice of dissent brought about. i dont want to banter words with you as u are both myopic and backward in both ideas and in being realistic. no matter how you want to hide under the guise of a church and church name,ur true colour is still piercing ur cloak and showing itself.nuff said kiddo.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by GeorgeD1(m): 3:46pm On Feb 13, 2010
abeg make una leave the woman. to err is human and she has rightly begun to retrace her steps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila: Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions Lack Capacity To Solve Problems / Lawan Names Committee For Electoral Act Amendment / Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Onanuga, Alake, Keyamo Lead APC Campaign Media Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.