Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! (8944 Views)

Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question / Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi / Sahara Report Breaking News !!..buhari Volunteers To Step Down For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2010
otokx:

so much talk, no action.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by chosen04(f): 2:23pm On Feb 04, 2010
Eziachi:

It is the same sentiment and pride that has prevented the rest of Southern Nigerian to acknowledge their mistake of joining the north to fight Biafra. Instead they kept up swimming in Nigeria instead of doing the right thing, so that we can all liberate ourselves from this sinking ship

Eziachi,

Of what benefit will it be if these guys should now apologize when its no longer needed? If the apology cant be tendered NOW that those who are ACTORS are still alive to accept it, then let them forever remain silent.

Eziachi:

If we go by your logic, probably we should lambast Fredrick De Clerk for bringing the aparthide to an end after being part of it for many decades of his life. Mind you he won the nobel price for peace for it. So I will guess that the whole world was silly for thinking that he is a peaceful man and Mandela seconded that too.

Fredrick De clerk may be part of the aparthide govt while it lasted, but all his body language suggested he was never in support of it.

Its a different thing from being in full support of an illegality for a "long period" only to wake up on the "eve of result" to start singing a different song.

Thus, DORA's case is very different
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Kadejo(m): 2:37pm On Feb 04, 2010
Its a good suggestion. Mr. President is not fit, dis dos not mean Nigeria should remain in darkness.
Let him step down for another person, not saying for Goodluck Jonathan.
A house without any head is always in comotion
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2010
Aha . . . The Dora we used to know and love. Welcomeback! I was thinking they replaced you with a robot . . cheesy
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by sammyzacks(m): 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2010
This woman was not cut out for this corruption rubbish. She is an upright person and she has proven it. What men in FEC could not do, she has done. I praise her courage. They can't do her nothing. She is saying the obvious truth. Read my lips, this woman is has broken record. She is a HERO!
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by mcfestgee: 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2010
I am greatly encouraged by the courage she displayed in puting together that memo. We should stop castigating her, we know she has not displayed the same honesty and dugedness she used in fighting fake drug importer since assuming the office of information minister. But at this juncture, when nobody is courageous enough to say the truth among FEC she made a difference. The solution to this problem is what we should focus on instead of making her look like a sinner. Madam, I admire your courage, don't give up the fight. At the end, Aaodaokan, stupid and foolish minister of injustice will and must go to jail for role he has played in the script.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by ZUBBYNWA(m): 3:35pm On Feb 04, 2010
please, lets hear something, in no distant Dora will lost her integrity
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by iyke100(m): 3:39pm On Feb 04, 2010
This Dora woman is just palying to the gallery. Bold move no doubt. But if she really means it she should follow up by throwing in her resignation letter. She is merely positioning herself for Jonathan's presidency if at all it becomes a realty

ddont be deceived!!!!!!!!! Let her resign then i will know she is serious
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by jacobs123(m): 3:43pm On Feb 04, 2010
What folks fail to realize is that these guys are only hawks to the extent that Yar'adua is there. Right now there is no proof that Yar'adua is fit to be in office. If Jonathan was bold he can lead the efforts to now uphold the constitution.

And if Jonathan stands his ground, these so called hawks will have no choice than to shut up until they are able to produce Yar'adua to come and reclaim his seat.

In fact Jonathan can raise his game and reconstitute the cabinet. People are just afraid of nothing in this country.

Is there anyone who wants to honestly say that if this was OBJ 70days on a sick bed in a Foreign land. Atiku wont be running this country by now?
Jonathan just does not know that he is an elected Vice President not anybody's personal assistant or boyboy

Eziachi:

If OBJ was silly enough even to be away for two weeks straight, I think that Atiku will take over the government. Jonathan a.k.a Papa Suwe is clueless, he is always happy to act out his name-Goodluck, but history shows that luck do ran out sometimes.

I thought Jonathan would have suprised even himself and fly to Saudi one day unannounce and to the surprise of everybody, but what did he do, he lied to have spoken to Yar Adua. Thy said he is being cautious. Cowards always hide behind the big word- CAUTIOUS!

I think these guys have captured it well. How can they threaten Jonathan with a sick President and he keeps quiet there and this is the guy that wants to be President. It tells you a lot about the kind of leadership this man will offer. We are probably going back to President Patience Jonathan, guess that's Nigeria's destiny either we choose or Turai or Patience!

As for Dora, better late than never. If Goodluck presides over a meeting that declares a sick man as fit to rule and even claims to have spoken with Yar Adua, then you can't blame Dora. Must you cry more than the bereaved? Does Goodluck not have anyone in the FEC? Even Yayale and Ojo maduekwe have told the us that they haven't seen or heard from Yar Adua so why did Goodluck lie to us? is it the fear of Turai? If Obasanjo with all his power and vindictiveness could not get rid of Atiku, how will a sick Yar Adua get rid of Goodluck so what is he afraid of?
For millions of Nigerians, it's not that we expect any change from Goodluck but just insisting that the right be done and if Goodluck Jonathan is so afraid to be on our side then good luck to him. As far as I'm concerned if he doesn't become Acting President, his political career is finished cos I can't think of any Nigerian politician that will allow anyone named Goodluck to be his Vice again. He's also got very young children so this "good fight" is as important to him as it is to Nigerians.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Dirac(m): 3:45pm On Feb 04, 2010
This is the best time for a coup to occur, with the power vaccum as Aso Rock and a reluctant V.P
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Nigerd(m): 3:48pm On Feb 04, 2010
@ Topic, This is the first time since joining the P.D.P train that Dora will speak the mind of common Nigeria, i think she got my commendation for that action
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by rasputinn(m): 3:59pm On Feb 04, 2010
This move of Dora's has certainly earned her back some credibility which she had lost already,in my book
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by rasputinn(m): 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2010
Dirac:

This is the best time for a coup to occur, with the power vaccum as Aso Rock and a reluctant V.P

So that they can pick ya papa from Bori Camp and make him a MILAD abi?,e no go work for una,you will be crest-fallen for there will be no coup
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by GOODNEXT: 4:22pm On Feb 04, 2010
Akinyuli my 2010 HERO, I rebrand you as "Grand Commander of the Peoples Republic"
She is a rare germ.  "Even in the darkest night, the tinniest glow of light can be spotted from afar."
If there are up to 5 Dora in FEC. The issue of handing over to Jonathan would be a thing of the past.
Ride on Mum, the truth ever lives.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by jimmysho(m): 4:25pm On Feb 04, 2010
iyke100:

This Dora woman is just palying to the gallery. Bold move no doubt. But if she really means it she should follow up by throwing in her resignation letter. She is merely positioning herself for Jonathan's presidency if at all it becomes a realty

ddont be deceived!!!!!!!!! Let her resign then i will know she is serious

forget it u jst join the forum as directed by your principal to demand for her resognation. forget it, it wont work because she must stay put and frustrate the effort of your 'pple' in distabilising naija
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Akanbiedu(m): 4:26pm On Feb 04, 2010
So naive. So saint aunty Dora has suddenly found her voice back. This is the time for all the politicians(including the third term man) that have been against the masses to regain their lost glory, thanks to Mr UMYA sickness. Why are people so gullible?
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by jimmysho(m): 4:32pm On Feb 04, 2010
iky100[b][/b],

forget it u jst join the forum as directed by your principal to demand for her resognation. forget it, it wont work because she must stay put and frustrate the effort of your 'pple' in distabilising naija
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by OAM4J: 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2010
I never have anything against Dora, she is only in the wrong goverment at the wrong time. I believe she should have resigned, but I admire her courage to be on the side of the truth at this time.

My dissapointed is with the VP, I kept on wondering what he's got to lose being courageous and on the side of the people. To me he has a lot more to gain. No matter what he does, I dout he will still be VP by 2011, but if he shows courage now may be, he might just be one of the main Presidential candidates come 2015.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by EzeCanada: 4:37pm On Feb 04, 2010
Leviticus 19:15 where I read today during morning devotion says " Be honest and just when you make decisions in legal cases; do not show favoritism to the poor or fear the rich"

An Igbo adage simply summarized it as, "eziokwu bu ndu" meaning "Truth is life".

Dora may God bless you and continue to strengthen you for speaking and standing for the truth.

One next step is to resign honorably just like Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala did if they refuse to listen to you, that way your legacy is still  maintained.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by deb(m): 4:39pm On Feb 04, 2010
She made a genuine attempt to re-brand your dirty Nigeria image asides that what has been the womans sins so far.
What are her lies?
Can someone reply with a list.

I only remember this woman for Nafdac, re-branding and now this!
She is always one of the better nigerians we can ever boast of.

Thank you my brother for stating the above quoted.
Some animals who called themselves followers just want to open their mouth any how and speak rubbish.
We should be commending her action and not castigating her. This country is full of aszholes. We simply deserve
the kind of leaders we get because we don't like the truth. Bunch of animals among leaders and followers

Dora God bless you for always putting the interest of Nigeria first in all of your actions. Posterity will not forget you.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by samsoft(m): 4:41pm On Feb 04, 2010
Thinking about Valentine gift
Click the below link to have idea
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by deb(m): 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2010
This move of Dora's has certainly earned her back some credibility which she had lost already,in my book

Could you tell us what she did to have lost her credibility in the past? Dora has been known only for 3 things in Nigeria;
SANITY IN NAFDAC, RE-BRANDING PROJECT and now this very one. She has never lost any credibility in my own book.
We are just a nation of people who like to complain about everything even if the intention is good
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by bayo1(m): 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2010
I think this woman is fed up with the lies and could not swallow it anymore!
I remember a friend showing me a clip of how Dora was asking some of the presidential aids what to say to the press after one of the FEC meeting. They've been using her to shoot out the lies and she's now fed up.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by sleekymag(m): 4:56pm On Feb 04, 2010
Nafdac job was easier for Dora than being a minister for Information. In politics you just have to be diplomatic, and that's what Dora has been trying to do, representing the government of the day on one hand and staying true to her conscience on the other hand. At times, there must bbe compromises, but i think she has done very well so far. Asking her sick boss to resign was a weighed choice, something she couldn't have done before now. I salute her courage. THUMBS UP, Madam Dora!!! Even if your efforts yield little dividends.

I think Goodluck also has been playing his cards to carefully, we all know the PDP and northern cabals dont just want power to return to the south that easily (even if its only temporarily), so Goodluck is being careful, hoping people would fight for him (that's if he really cares about the position anyways). One thing seems almost certain, anyways; PDP cannot field Goodluck as their Presidential Candidate for 2011 elections, except he probably wants to remain the VP.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by zionism: 5:05pm On Feb 04, 2010
Nairaland is not even a reliable source. it was here i read yar adua was dead only 2 find out later it was a fallacy. let them stop postin news dat don't hold water here. if truly Dora said dat, well d scales have started fallen off her eyes. she can now sees and says d truth. we should stop deceivin ourselves. we are takin naija 2 nowhere with all these deceptions. let yaradua resists.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Demoladoc: 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2010
1. none of those pple calling her names has been able to point out what she has done to lose her credibility they just come to talk rubbish without substantiating what they say.

2. Abeg the woman try jo! e no easy to do what she did and she should be commended for it. No other nigerian in history has done this b4.

3. For all those questionin this story, it is all over the papers-thisday, punch, tribune,etc. Y dont u check their sites and confirm for yourselves.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by monkeyleg: 6:12pm On Feb 04, 2010
Finally someone with big balls. Let us face it women are the once who have made bold contributions to Nigeria. There is nothing wrong in what she has done, she has merely stated the truth, which a lot of people are not willing to face up to.

For those who critisize her, please what could she have done better? resigning at this stage is still very premature, she is of far better use to her country in cabinet rather than out, what we need is for those progressive leaders to back her, and game over for those who dont want progress in our country.

God Bless Nigeria.

Well done Dora, you have spoken the truth which is so refreshing

Also the story is on BBC.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8498580.stm
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by hbrednic: 6:40pm On Feb 04, 2010
Dora is the only one that has balls in that yeye cabinet.
Welldone sister.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by hatch: 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2010
Dora Dora Dora, How many times did i call you.
You better pull your ears and listen well. It is
high time you resign from this present day govt.

If you have the guts,resign now and i bet you
The message your resignation will pass across will
create and ignite the silent revolution we desperately\
need.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Okukk(m): 7:05pm On Feb 04, 2010
it's funny to read this,
Should i call this a child's play or how do we describe this,
Madam do the needful first, we know she just want to sell her self to the Nigerian public,
Madam pls step down, then we will know how seriius you are
cool shocked grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Okukk(m): 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2010
Nothing is sncere about this
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by TMmoney: 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2010
This is long overdue i thought she had lost it since she left Nafdac

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gwarzo’s Suspension: I Cannot Be Blackmailed – Adeosun / 2023: "We Will Take Douglas House" - Sam Anyanwu Declares, Re-unites Imo PDP / Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.